Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

Grabbed a black J1B-GT locally and it’s definitely a quick favorite thanks to the orange hood and the cut. Very happy. 
 

Finally I can stop spending money and save for next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

Crossposting from IG. All size medium, my normal size though small wasn’t bad. The sleeves ended at my wrist but I had less room to layer when I tried with my J68. Light layers probably would have been fine or wearing it over a tee. The white was actually my favorite when I saw them in person, which I did not expect.

Shame white doesn't come with the orange hood, nice combo. Gratz to everyone who copped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fasttimes said:

Not just a recycled take, also an egregious attempt at comedy

Recycled  =/= wrong ;) Not a joke either, I think the odds of some czech/german worker putting in the wrong number isn't too far from the tree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those J1B-GT in dust raf with p31a-ds in alpha green would make the total look a strong bring back of ws-j1a with ws-p3a as this thread newly opened and being discussed since like 2007. :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if it was conscious or not, but unlike the previous mothersite drop this time it was much more favorable to people in the west. Didn't expect stock to fly off the shelf so quickly.

edit: was the J1B price same for multi and plain?

Edited by iamundying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the ‘price error’ could possibly have been tactical, which I’m all for if the product gets to the real fans. 
Managed to catch a multi which I’m soo grateful of. Hoping it lands before Christmas because last purchase from Acronym took forever and a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

acr site runs on a proprietary ecommerce system built by a local design company. what probably happened is when they filled in the product page on the staging environment they filled it with a placeholder price and then they moved the page to production either without correcting the price or the page got accidentally moved to production to soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, thatslapz said:
Quote

 

Crossposting from IG. All size medium, my normal size though small wasn’t bad. The sleeves ended at my wrist but I had less room to layer when I tried with my J68. Light layers probably would have been fine or wearing it over a tee. The white was actually my favorite when I saw them in person, which I did not expect.

 

 

 

 

The sizing measurements on the site are identical to the J1A-GT. You're saying it fits smaller?

Edited by RapGameTaylorSwift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

The sizing measurements on the site are identical to the J1A-GT. You're saying it fits smaller?

No, it fits the same. The small on me was snug with layering, so I went with my normal medium. Edited original post for clarity, thanks didn't realize it was confusing.

Edited by thatslapz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@thatslapz - would you mind commenting on your measurements?  I ordered a large and am concerned I should have got a medium (I am 5'11, 180 lbs, about a 40" chest).  Typically between a medium and a large, but don't really care for things to be too tight.

Would wear with and without a liner.

Edited by Acronymity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Acronymity said:

@thatslapz - would you mind commenting on your measurements?  I ordered a large and am concerned I should have got a medium (I am 5'11, 180 lbs, about a 40" chest).  Typically between a medium and a large, but don't really care for things to be too tight.

Would wear with and without a liner.

Im similar dimensions and usually wear a large in ACR, sometimes medium though.  If you aren't a fan of tight and plan to layer, I think you are in good shape with the large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, markdjr said:

Im similar dimensions and usually wear a large in ACR, sometimes medium though.  If you aren't a fan of tight and plan to layer, I think you are in good shape with the large.

Awesome.  I really cannot live with tight.

Really appreciate the response.  Do you normally take a large in the pants as well?  Kind of jumping in head first.

Edited by Acronymity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Acronymity said:

Awesome.  I really cannot live with tight.

Really appreciate the response.  Do you normally take a large in the pants as well?  Kind of jumping in head first.

Always large for pants (I have a 34" waist), but I am picky about which model due to the often short inseams.  I'm around a 33"+ inseam.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Acronymity said:

Awesome.  I really cannot live with tight.

Really appreciate the response.  Do you normally take a large in the pants as well?  Kind of jumping in head first.

I'm 6'2 and 205-215 and I go XL for both. As people told me, size pants for length and jackets for layering.

I could have done a L in pants and jacket, but I'm out of the phase of having limited mobility as a trade off for tighter clothes. You should be fine with what you got!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, markdjr said:

Always large for pants (I have a 34" waist), but I am picky about which model due to the often short inseams.  I'm around a 33"+ inseam.  

 

5 minutes ago, BruceLeroy said:

I'm 6'2 and 205-215 and I go XL for both. As people told me, size pants for length and jackets for layering.

 I could have done a L in pants and jacket, but I'm out of the phase of having limited mobility as a trade off for tighter clothes. You should be fine with what you got!

Great, appreciate your help guys.  Sounds like a large will work in both (I got the J1B in white and the P31 in alpha green).  Pretty excited about both.

Edited by Acronymity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Acronymity said:

@thatslapz - would you mind commenting on your measurements?  I ordered a large and am concerned I should have got a medium (I am 5'11, 180 lbs, about a 40" chest).  Typically between a medium and a large, but don't really care for things to be too tight.

Would wear with and without a liner.

Yea as others have said you should be fine with a large, I'm 5'9 and 150-160? Don't even know at this point. If you want room to move and layer medium would probably be too tight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

Yea as others have said you should be fine with a large, I'm 5'9 and 150-160? Don't even know at this point. If you want room to move and layer medium would probably be too tight.

Perfect.  I'm a smidge taller and a good deal heavier.  I'm looking for a fit more like yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White in XL. It better snow this winter, so at least I can flex to the local woods critters. 
 

 

C9C02E0E-A1B7-4482-BB9A-88CB7E36D859.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we're not all here to talk about the knitwear, so I'll keep it brief.

C1-AJ arrived. "So light and comfortable you will never want to take it off." is not an understatement. wool is great for many reasons. this is a mad expensive wool crewneck, but f*ck it's comfy, fits well and bridges traditional and modern fabrics nicely. I've worn it for half a day, inside and out, and it seems to relish keeping me a consistent temp. and it doesn't itch. 


I went down a size (L in jackets, M in this) and it's great. 

big up them Babyllama. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mikon_nikon said:

I know we're not all here to talk about the knitwear, so I'll keep it brief.

C1-AJ arrived. "So light and comfortable you will never want to take it off." is not an understatement. wool is great for many reasons. this is a mad expensive wool crewneck, but f*ck it's comfy, fits well and bridges traditional and modern fabrics nicely. I've worn it for half a day, inside and out, and it seems to relish keeping me a consistent temp. and it doesn't itch. 


I went down a size (L in jackets, M in this) and it's great. 

big up them Babyllama. 

please post some pics if you are fine with it, thx!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That C1 was actually one of my favorite pieces this season. Considering prices for accessories it’s not that bad. And undyed wool!

@mikon_nikon How’s it compared to the AM if you have one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bboysparrow said:

@mikon_nikon I'll throw in my hat as well. Would love to see pics to get a feel of the color in a "real" environment. If not, completely understand. have a good one mate.

Same here. My local has one in store and with the weather I might have to grab one. On SSENSE some C1s looks as if they are closely similar to mesh (i.e. see through) which would lower the appeal to me. 

Edited by BruceLeroy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now