Westbrook

Acronym.

Bout to receive a Raf J68-PL from ACR and used HTS Code 6201.93.47 with UPS to get $128.42 in customs fees.  You guys get something similar?

Got the J68-PL Raf from ssense but didn't receive bag.... just tissue paper and the shipping box lol

was this released without a bag ?

most likely an ssense logistics issue, you'd be surprised how many retailers/web-stores toss out garment packaging 

12 minutes ago, Archival said:

Got the J68-PL Raf from ssense but didn't receive bag.... just tissue paper and the shipping box lol

was this released without a bag ?

I ordered an Acronym item from Ssense in the past and got it without the bag and sheet. I emailed them and they claimed they never received a bag and sheet, which seems unlikely to me. I imagine they just toss them out.

That's too bad about SSENSE, cause they're otherwise a top notch retailer with great customer service.

If ordering from Canada, Haven is good at shipping full pack with bag and spec sheet. Not sure about ANNMS Shop - curious if anyone ordered from them and received full pack?

Quick question. This is the hem toggle on the right right side of j1a-gt2.2. How does this toggle hold if the gauge of the bungee is low? 
~Lefty

image.jpg

Currently in UPS tax limbo with my p31a-ds from the mothersite.

I called a UPS broker, they stated the vat # is an overseas number and will not work, they need a US tax ID for my package... I contacted acronym and they said they provided everything. Asked if they can contact UPS to correct this, they just told me to forward my invoice to them as it has everything they need... So now I've CC'd them in my email to the UPS broker explaining the situation.

Anyone dealt with this before? It's pretty frustrating as I'm on week 2 now of waiting for this package and it seems that Acronym needs to get in contact with UPS over this, as it shouldn't be my problem to deal with, they need a tax ID from the shipper. Not the end of the world but I've never had this issue when ordering directly from acronym :/

6 minutes ago, Ayayron said:

I called a UPS broker, they stated the vat # is an overseas number and will not work, they need a US tax ID for my package... I contacted acronym and they said they provided everything. Asked if they can contact UPS to correct this, they just told me to forward my invoice to them as it has everything they need... So now I've CC'd them in my email to the UPS broker explaining the situation.

Anyone dealt with this before? It's pretty frustrating as I'm on week 2 now of waiting for this package and it seems that Acronym needs to get in contact with UPS over this, as it shouldn't be my problem to deal with, they need a tax ID from the shipper. Not the end of the world but I've never had this issue when ordering directly from acronym :/

If it's anything like my past mothersite orders, it's not that they need a tax ID from the shipper, but that they need a tax ID from the importer (you). You can just give UPS your SSN since it's a personal import.

6 minutes ago, Ayayron said:

The Tax ID is your social security number - always applies to the recipient. Provide this to the broker and you should be good!

I always do this as soon as a tracking number is available to minimize any delays. 

13 minutes ago, BruceLeroy said:

The Tax ID is your social security number - always applies to the recipient. Provide this to the broker and you should be good!

I always do this as soon as a tracking number is available to minimize any delays. 

14 minutes ago, ogre said:

If it's anything like my past mothersite orders, it's not that they need a tax ID from the shipper, but that they need a tax ID from the importer (you). You can just give UPS your SSN since it's a personal import.

Weird. I was thinking a tax ID sounds like an ssn or something which confused me... The UPS broker stated that the shipper had to provide this ID. I haven't had to provide that on any of my past orders! I'll call them and see if that works.

Update: all good, thanks for the info guys. 

Edited by Ayayron

After these bustling previous pages, maybe my questions was overlooked.
Anyone?

On 11/1/2020 at 9:30 PM, saskey said:

Hello!
I am thinking about buying a J47-GT from the SS20 season as a hardshell for a my J74-PX.
As both jackets have the auxzip feature I do know that they are generally combinable but does this also apply to the Fast Hoodǽ of the J47-GT with the fasteners of the J74-PX?
I was not able to find any info/pics on the net/thread. The Fast Hoodǽ looks in general really "small". Are there any experiences with hardshell incl. Fast Hoodǽ and a hooded liner?

Thanks for any help!

Or in other words could someone provide some pics of the inside of the hood of the latest J47-GT?
Thanks in advance!

16 minutes ago, saskey said:

After these bustling previous pages, maybe my questions was overlooked.
Anyone?

Or in other words could someone provide some pics of the inside of the hood of the latest J47-GT?
Thanks in advance!

Yes it’s pretty much backwards compatible with any hood with brim adjustments, aux zip or not. Second slide is a 74 in 47ts which should be the same.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6s_W9mg6Mf/?igshid=x7ts4u8r9voh

Apparently pushed back until November 23rd. If anyone else can confirm with any of their local boutiques that carry Acronym, that'd be good to know if it's just Hotoveli Hotoveli.thumb.png.09bdb87b1857a2e81619ffe171029e3f.pngor everyone.

5 minutes ago, jasonlao said:

Apparently pushed back until November 23rd. If anyone else can confirm with any of their local boutiques that carry Acronym, that'd be good to know if it's just Hotoveli Hotoveli.thumb.png.09bdb87b1857a2e81619ffe171029e3f.pngor everyone.

That’s what others have said here too when I asked not too longer after the 1st drop. 

On 11/13/2020 at 8:56 PM, BruceLeroy said:

That’s what others have said here too when I asked not too longer after the 1st drop. 

I don't understand why people KEEP mentioning that Hotoveli has had their release pushed back - I already knew/know that. However, I don't think anyone has ever said anything about any other store.

I'm just trying to find out more information regarding if this delayed drop is just a Hotoveli thing or if it's a every store thing. :(

Edit: Next drop is November 23

Edited by jasonlao

New AEXONET arg media drop, two vids and a few updates with hints for the future. 
To cut down on spamming stuff I've made a discord server dedicated to the ARG, if you would like to join please do feel free to join. I'll only post major stuff here for yall.

https://discord.gg/ERHRNm6Q5y

Edited by SlackJackflack

I'm being charged 445.12 USD for my p31a-ds from ups in import fees.... WTF. I have a $280 brokerage charge, govt fees are about $150. 

Anyone else get charged a bogus amount like this? I'm at the point to where I'm simply going to refuse the package when it arrives. It's been almost 3 weeks now since i ordered from acrnm. Brokerage was no help, they directed me to an email([email protected]) to inquire the brokerage charge. This is ridiculous lol, never had this kind of experience when purchasing directly from acronym.

1 minute ago, Ayayron said:

I'm being charged 445.12 USD for my p31a-ds from ups in import fees.... WTF. I have a $280 brokerage charge, govt fees are about $150. 

Anyone else get charged a bogus amount like this? I'm at the point to where I'm simply going to refuse the package when it arrives. It's been almost 3 weeks now since i ordered from acrnm. Brokerage was no help, they directed me to an email([email protected]) to inquire the brokerage charge. This is ridiculous lol, never had this kind of experience when purchasing directly from acronym.

Holy shit. That’s insane. That fee is way higher than I’ve ever seen it. I’d start by asking what tariff code was used and why the fee is over 3x as much. 

Sorry this is happening to you!

Hey guys, want to confirm / ask a question:

Did they ever make P23A-DS in XS? I can't seem to find it on google but I vaguely remember seeing it. 

Seems like the stotz version in Raf was only ever in released in S. 

4 hours ago, realmisr said:

Hey guys, want to confirm / ask a question:

Did they ever make P23A-DS in XS? I can't seem to find it on google but I vaguely remember seeing it. 

Seems like the stotz version in Raf was only ever in released in S. 

P23A-DS was before they started doing XS.  If you see one, it is fake.

8 hours ago, thatslapz said:

P23A-DS was before they started doing XS.  If you see one, it is fake.

Got it, thanks! Think I just saw one on jawnflip. Good thing I asked! 

J1B-GT in black (M and L sizes) and NG5-PU available on summer-store.com

https://www.summer-store.com/en/jackets/7476-acronym-j1b-gt-jacket-black.html#/322-top-l

https://www.summer-store.com/en/accessories/7475-acronym-ng5-pu-neck-gaiter-black.html

(the first retailer to drop)

Edited by russo_cypriot