Westbrook

Acronym.

Definitely do not go small. If anything you should be considering a size up

I really like the fit of mine in M. It sits all the way down, without too much stacking at the ankle. Enough room for my larger calves as well. 

Kinda feels more like a straight style pant vs more relaxed. Normally I wear slim or skinny cut pants depending on my mood, but this has a really nice feel and look. 

Still debating on getting the J68 since there’s some Alpha Green left. Not sure if sizing up is a good idea, or if I should stick with a large. 

Edited by IzunaK

Not one for IP theft but news is that a stone island replica manufacturer is going to make the J1A-GTKP and sell it for $360~ next year. Apparently that guy's stone island replicas are pretty on point, like 9.5/10 retail. The biggest news is that it's going to be using real gore-tex... don't shoot the messenger, I don't condone this shit. Just that if he makes it as well as he says he will, the pricetag on ACR is going to be a lot harder to justify....

edit: of course I get negrep lol, but dw im already -40 rep so i have nothing more to lose 

Edited by Orientalq

9 hours ago, Youchul Jeon said:

I am 184cm (Almost 6.1? ft) and 165 Pound (Pretty big upper body and Arms)

I am wearing

Jacket J68-PL - Lagre

Similar build, while I am actually thinking about sizing up J68-PL for Xlarge lol

10 hours ago, Orientalq said:

Not one for IP theft but news is that a stone island replica manufacturer is going to make the J1A-GTKP and sell it for $360~ next year. Apparently that guy's stone island replicas are pretty on point, like 9.5/10 retail. The biggest news is that it's going to be using real gore-tex... don't shoot the messenger, I don't condone this shit. Just that if he makes it as well as he says he will, the pricetag on ACR is going to be a lot harder to justify....

edit: of course I get negrep lol, but dw im already -40 rep so i have nothing more to lose 

Not one for IP theft but [here's some IP theft news]... 

With respect, this is kinda like going to an art dealers and telling the people there that there's some guy down the road that will do a half decent copy for a fraction of the cost. People are here because they buy into the whole Acrnm deal, and they want the real deal. Maybe you'd be better posting something like that on the Fakronym thread or somewhere where people aren't quite as invested in whether they are purchasing an original or not.  

Edited by Dolphinski

On the topic of sizing, 5'10 75kg, size M for both J68 and P31

J68 is a bit roomy (could fit a Acronym x COEVO hoodie inside) but fits well 

PXL_20201031_162530297.MP~2.jpg

Edited by hentaiyarou69

Anyone noticed any sleeve wear on their J68 just above the zipper tab? Only worn mine for 15mins to shops so can't work out if it was like this when delivered, would be interested to see if it's an isolated case or not. Only minor but pretty annoying.

https://imgur.com/Q98MmQm

Edited by agentbuca

6 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

Not one for IP theft but [here's some IP theft news]... 

With respect, this is kinda like going to an art dealers and telling the people there that there's some guy down the road that will do a half decent copy for a fraction of the cost. People are here because they buy into the whole Acrnm deal, and they want the real deal. Maybe you'd be better posting something like that on the Fakronym thread or somewhere where people aren't quite as invested in whether they are purchasing an original or not.  

Sharing news =/= endorsement, i.e CNN publishing scandal of politician X does not mean they endorse that politician

I did not link anything that would lead anyone to buying said fake items. AKA I'm saying that there is a guy selling a copy of the painting but not saying WHERE. Like not publishing the name of a mass shooter. Big difference. If you bought into the ACR deal, you would definitely want to know if there were convincing fakes out on the market, especially if you want to avoid getting one yourself. As I said, don't shoot the messenger. Doesn't get simpler than that. I said why the news is relevant and why I don't endorse it. Superfuture isn't about circlejerking to the best things about everything. It goes both ways, as a big problem with ACR has been price as of late. Critique is one way of showing what we want and don't want from a brand. Errol browses this, doesn't he? 

Also pic related is Errolson's message to said fake maker, who in turn says he'll be cancelling his ACR reps. 

Pretty relevant to me.

Untitled.png

Problem was your post read as a pitch, not a warning. A “Hey, look out - this guy who makes near exact replicas is planning to make a j1a out of actual goretex next year.” in the fakronym thread would probably have been well received.

6 hours ago, agentbuca said:

Anyone noticed any sleeve wear on their J68 just above the zipper tab? Only worn mine for 15mins to shops so can't work out if it was like this when delivered, would be interested to see if it's an isolated case or not. Only minor but pretty annoying.

https://imgur.com/Q98MmQm

No wear yet but I'm noticing the following after getting some drops of water on the sleeves... I've never owned a windstopper before and hoping that this is just a windstopper thing hmm.. 

PXL_20201031_230650409.MP.jpg

ive worn the j68ws quite a bit since it's release and it has not show any wear at all. maybe it's an isolated thing.

I don't think water would do that. Seems like an abrasion mark. I think it's to be expected when wearing lighter colors that you might want to be a little more careful on those parts(the alpha green).

2 hours ago, beepy said:

Problem was your post read as a pitch, not a warning. A “Hey, look out - this guy who makes near exact replicas is planning to make a j1a out of actual goretex next year.” in the fakronym thread would probably have been well received.

My main point was being that if someone could produce a decent J1A for under 360 (which was the supposed SALE price, meaning it would cost even less to make), the pricing of ACR would be hard to justify. Many of the people on this board who were and are brand enthusiasts have certainly voiced their concerns over Acronymflation. There was a consensus for SOME that because ACR had 'extremely delicate weave patterns' or whatever, the pricing was justified when in reality the cost of production from a replica maker (who also needs to spend considerable R&D vs. ACR having over 10 years of making the same thing with little tweaks) can do it for over a fraction of the price. At that point, you really have to scrutinize the pricing model. This applies especially for rereleases with literally 0 changes but a huge price hike.  It's as if Toyota remade the same car and charged +40% of its original asking price. You would have to ask the question WHY, even if you were a diehard Toyota fan. IMO it's as important of a topic as ever to discuss until ACR does make changes to their post-hype and post-nike pricing.

Don't get mad at people talking about prices, get mad at E. He's the one pricing the goods. We'll stop the moment he releases a gtx jacket actually worth 1.5k or priced fairly.

multi 68 looks better on the sling than on body :ph34r:

230924FF-2DF5-404A-8A97-65F3897E22DF.thumb.jpeg.fb6d1482ec2b2548adf67303562fefd4.jpeg

Who’s ‘we’ @Orientalq

36 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Who’s ‘we’ @Orientalq

One of them got banned recently, and don't pretend we haven't talked about price hikes on this forum lol

although talking about price = insta neg rep and dogpiling so the 'we' group seems smaller

On 5/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, Rough Sleeper said:

I don't think this is fair comparison. Errolson just got greedy after seeing resale prices. Now hype is slowly dying and items are starting to sit on shelves. He can sell J1A, J36, J28, P10 forever, but people really 100% like what brand is doing now? Shit's got too lazy and too expensive at the same time. There will be always hardcore fans who will support the brand no matter what, just like with Visvim and I don't think Errolson will starve any time soon, but on the other hand it was worth it? Maybe he should've stopped at some point and put more effort into the brand instead of lying to customers about European salaries, moving production to China, new features etc? Acronym magic is gone for me, and maybe i'm not the only one:

551214013_ScreenShot2020-05-12at19_00_12.png.e5e3948acb8a871aad8c206d3ab2d8d4.png

On 10/26/2020 at 7:07 AM, hentaiyarou69 said:

> Made In China

Did they move production to China now? Or is it just the J68? (and possibly the P31, explaining the price)

On 9/22/2020 at 8:20 AM, Cornuto said:

Honestly, I kinda hate nylon. Certainly not at ACRNM price points.

On 9/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, eidolarr said:

Some laptops listed here: https://acrnm.com/products/RMT01_NA

Might be the least price-inflated item on the store right now :^)

On 9/14/2020 at 4:22 PM, IzunaK said:

I'm new to buying ACR gear, but jesus christ that is one hell of a price bump.

On 9/10/2020 at 7:30 AM, Inkinsurgent said:

reading this thread's first post and seeing "prices keep going up" in 2007 got a chuckle out of me.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:20 PM, bboysparrow said:

For reference...here's what I paid for my J48-SS five years ago.

J48-SS.PNG

On 5/12/2020 at 11:13 AM, dreamboatjustsoul said:

It is quite a common trend that brands put 1-3k retail to expecting sale on 50% off. $1-2k for a jacket is stratospheric retail price for a designer brands. But E doesn't do sale (blatantly)

Greed is endemic in fashion, which is sad.

On 5/13/2020 at 9:36 AM, Rough Sleeper said:

I never questioned financial transparency of a company in the first place, I simply stated that I don't like his pricing strategy and that Errolson contradicts himself with his statements regarding price increase. I don't have a degree in finance, I just wanted to speculate on the future of the brand and vent my frustration.

I just checked 13 online shops that carry ACR from acrnm to coevo and (pretty much) everyone still has all sizes of J1L-GT which is ridiculous if you think that most shops buy pretty small amount of items. It may be COVID or may be what I said in previous post, we will see in the future, but I don't think that Errolson will back out of his decision.

On 5/13/2020 at 1:07 AM, Rough Sleeper said:

So what do you want to say? As a brand admirer I can't have opinion on the brand or Errolson and post it here? I understand that this is not the best place to have that kind of discussion because most people here are hardcore acronym fans and will buy canned tuna for 250EUR if it will have ACRONYM logo on it. But lets be real, my first acr purchase was J27GT and I paid 655 pounds, now it's 1736EUR, what changed since? Production in China costs more? It is made from next-level-nasa-approved fabric? The pattern is now 100 times more complex? Hyperinflation? Nothing changed apart Errolson's appetite and hype surrounding the brand (they even stopped producing dope seasonal videos). And to make things worse, they don't come up with anything good nowadays, take SS20 for example: J82-WS, J1L-GT J84-S, P35-DS all are laughable, nobody would eat up this shit if it wasn't Acronym. Yeah, P10-DS are amazing, but they were designed by Schneider, not Errolson. C1-AM? That shit was released 13 years ago. 

Whatever guys, I see you have more fun bragging about reviewing expensive cars, digging someones old tweets, talking about quality roast material (lmao) and downvoting me for having different opinions. Nothing to discuss here.

And I'll quote one of my own here that has some positive rep and sums my idea up

On 5/13/2020 at 10:55 AM, Orientalq said:

LOL you missed the point of the post. I'm arguing that just because you don't work at a company doesn't mean you can't criticize its pricing practices. What does that have to do with the net worth of Errolson and Bezos? You think that because Amazon is publically traded that we know jack shit about what their corporate strategies are?

"Well guys we don't know how ACR works so let's just keep buying overpriced Jackets cuz it's cool, nothing to see here~" serves no one any good. No one is claiming to know for certain how much cash Errolson is pocketing from each jacket sold. Speculation is how you make a decision as to whether the consumer is being fleeced. Sorry we don't have parents who have bottomless wallets. 

Calm down with your character attacks. Being a pro "roaster" for "swag" points doesn't mean anything for an argument. If anything it says more about your own insecurities, "brainerd666".

(oh hey, It was a response to you, Brainerd!)

Hah I forgot about that response!

Just like I’ll forget about that wall of shit you just posted lol

Dw I forgot about it too, only looked it up since you asked. Did you get your answer?

The only answers you have is where to send money for your shitty reps

Just now, brainerd666 said:

The only answers you have is where to send money for your shitty reps

pretty dishonest response considering I have denounced reps for the third time now. Or did you "forget" again? 

Denounce but you bring them up like it’s some rationale for being broke

Did E cockblock you at the soda fountain or some shit?

1 minute ago, brainerd666 said:

Denounce but you bring them up like it’s some rationale for being broke

Did E cockblock you at the soda fountain or some shit?

No, I like E, don't like his pricing. That's it. I have savings but I'm not dumping it all for a 1.5k shell (yet). I bring up reps because it proves (not completely but it's a point) there's a misguided perception as to the pricing of ACR. Are reps voldemort? Even E accepts that they exist and are the problem with the fashion industry. But to say my point is moot because "reps are bad" is a little too far.  

40ADA7F0-C2C1-4CF1-A2E3-A104C96C2BC9.jpeg

Just now, brainerd666 said:

40ADA7F0-C2C1-4CF1-A2E3-A104C96C2BC9.jpeg

brainerd666 really bringing the brains and the bants!!