Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

Tried the J68-PL, bought the P31A-DS (RAF)

jacket is nice but stupid for tropical weather with no travel, still want a J68-S in black.. (medium)..

58ACBFEA-CBC4-49A7-B789-D8EA923A4EC6.jpeg

Is there any color difference  -DS RAF vs -S RAF? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

> Made In China

Did they move production to China now? Or is it just the J68? (and possibly the P31, explaining the price)

Pretty much everything has been made in China for the past 1.5 years except for a few random pieces here and there. Quality is pretty much the same though, just allows for more stock for everyone.

Hopefully prices stay decent like this drop.

Also, my J68-PL Multi shipped from mothersite already lmao

Edited by jasonlao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

> Made In China

Did they move production to China now? Or is it just the J68? (and possibly the P31, explaining the price)

Possible, previous p31 non a were still made in Europe and 719 euro vs 736 this drop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jasonlao said:

Pretty much everything has been made in China for the past 1.5 years except for a few random pieces here and there. 

FW1920 was mostly (or maybe even exclusively) made in Europe (at least stuff I own). Can't say anything about SS20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, russo_cypriot said:

FW1920 was mostly (or maybe even exclusively) made in Europe (at least stuff I own). Can't say anything about SS20

SS19 J1A-GT 2.2 was Made in China

FW1920 J58-WS Made in China

SS19 P30A-DS made in China

it has been random items here and there I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jasonlao said:

SS19 J1A-GT 2.2 was Made in China

FW1920 J58-WS Made in China

SS19 P30A-DS made in China

it has been random items here and there I guess

True, but I'm personally not aware of any other made in China items in those seasons. Maybe other folks can add to the list...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jasonlao said:

SS19 J1A-GT 2.2 was Made in China

FW1920 J58-WS Made in China

SS19 P30A-DS made in China

it has been random items here and there I guess

SS20 J1L-GT

SS20 P10-DS (several drops)

FW20 J1A-GTKP 

I think that's about it for MiC products. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yan90 said:

Is there any color difference  -DS RAF vs -S RAF? 

-S RAF always looks slightly different season to season
hard to show you a comparison as well since stotz fades but i'd say the DS one is a little brighter if that makes sense.
still works great overall with any other RAF accents on bags sneakers / mods. 
The -PL RAF is more or less the same as DS colourwise
a detail to note is that the RAF DS is the same DS on the P30A-DS i have that is also MIC, they are slightly thinner than regular DS, but as anyone who has a p30a will tell you, they hold up just as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

Can anyone review white goretex?

One of the first times I wore my white GT out, a girl gave me a hug and got make up on the collar that I've never been able to get out. And yeah, it's pretty much impossible to keep it clean for long if you actually want to wear it. As good as it looks, I'd never buy it again personally. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 5:53 AM, hentaiyarou69 said:

How warm do you suppose the J68-PL is going to be? Doesn't give the density but let's assume it's the same as the J58-WS, what temperatures can one get away with with a t-shirt underneath? (obviously with the "warmth is subjective" caveats, yada yada)

they are similar in warmth and i would wear either only in anything below 15ºC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haven's terrible styling literally just saved me from splurging on the P31A's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JoseRizal said:

@moneytalks you sized down on p31A?

I wouldn't , just go with your regular size. I had a size M P31 (my usual size, ~33 waist) and it's valid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JoseRizal said:

@moneytalks you sized down on p31A?

i'm not wearing the P31A in the picture, those are my P10A-E. 
i am 6", 32~33" waist and i wear M for all jackets and pants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on the topic of sizing:  i know erlsn is supposed to be 183cm but there is no way that man has 183cm person legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

haven's terrible styling literally just saved me from splurging on the P31A's.

Check Notre styling. Some kind of cropped p31a+weird "RAF"

Screenshot_20201026-192112.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

i'm not wearing the P31A in the picture, those are my P10A-E. 
i am 6", 32~33" waist and i wear M for all jackets and pants

Oh thanks. Was thinking it looked v slim. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

Check Notre styling. Some kind of cropped p31a+weird "RAF"

Bureau have had the same issue capturing the colour of the P31A RAF...

image.thumb.png.8345ff689a44e816b0d9240ccf674f41.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

Check Notre styling. Some kind of cropped p31a+weird "RAF"

Screenshot_20201026-192112.png

That's actually around where they sit if you hike them up, a nice sag will have your ankles feeling safe. One of the reason why I sold them tbh, I don't mind wearing them at or below the hips, and that's what I usually do, but didn't like how my ankles would show like this dude lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also according to notre this dude is 185cm and wearing a size S. 

 

Still it seems to me that all of ACR's pants that are not supposed to be cropped could benefit from 3cm extra in the leg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, msoldano said:

That's actually around where they sit if you hike them up, a nice sag will have your ankles feeling safe. One of the reason why I sold them tbh, I don't mind wearing them at or below the hips, and that's what I usually do, but didn't like how my ankles would show like this dude lol

I think the issue is he 6'1" and they put him in a small. Like everyone says around here with drawcord pants size for your height not the waist. I'm 5'7" and the 31s break perfectly at shoe. Shoulda put him in a L probably but they taking styling notes from END 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the synthetic RAF isn't so cool as stotz RAF. It looks normal on the pics from mothersite, but they are always deceiving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tilore said:

I think the issue is he 6'1" and they put him in a small. Like everyone says around here with drawcord pants size for your height not the waist. I'm 5'7" and the 31s break perfectly at shoe. Shoulda put him in a L probably but they taking styling notes from END 

I’m 5’10 myself and I’m thinking of copping the P31A from Notre. Should I grab it in a medium? Really liking that RAF pair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, IzunaK said:

I’m 5’10 myself and I’m thinking of copping the P31A from Notre. Should I grab it in a medium? Really liking that RAF pair. 

I think there are P31 fit pics from a 5'10 person on here a while back, size M, looks fine. I'm 5'10 and ordered M so fingers crossed.

I have small P30A and it's slightly short tbh

Edited by hentaiyarou69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

I think there are P31 fit pics from a 5'10 person on here a while back, size M, looks fine. I'm 5'10 and ordered M so fingers cross.

Yeah this is really my first pair of full length Relaxed ACR pants. I do wear the P23 in a medium though. I wear my pants at the hip, so I don’t mind a little extra slack if there is any. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

I think there are P31 fit pics from a 5'10 person on here a while back, size M, looks fine. I'm 5'10 and ordered M so fingers crossed.

I have small P30A and it's slightly short tbh

exactly! MEDIUM will be great. Im 5'9 on a good day and would get my knee stuck in a p30 small. have p31 in medium. great length and fit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now