Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, BruceLeroy said:

I’m considering a pair of P36-E, but never owned any of the Encapsulated Nylon pieces. How do they compare with DS? I love the stretch of DS (bike racer legs) but hope it’s not wooshy like 90s warm up pants.

Encapsulated nylon is definitely quite loud and swishy. There is a tiny bit of give with the 1% elastane but certainly nothing like DS

1 hour ago, Orientalq said:

Could you imagine if Acronym collaborated with a mechanical keyboard manufacturer and made one with the same Rudnick design priced at 200-300 USD (with a lot more stock)? I would buy two, one for display and one for use.

Damn, now I'm salty this wasn't the case!

DIY kit, custom silk screened PCB and all would have been so sick.

11 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

Damn, now I'm salty this wasn't the case!

DIY kit, custom silk screened PCB and all would have been so sick.

would've been onboard for something like that. anyone know if custom mechanical keyboards can be ordered? maybe a small batch of superfuture flavoured ones?

2 hours ago, scamster said:

would've been onboard for something like that. anyone know if custom mechanical keyboards can be ordered? maybe a small batch of superfuture flavoured ones?

How many are we looking at? Aside from the strange markings on the corner of the keys, this isn't too difficult to do. The more I stare at that keyboard config the more I dig the flavor. Colors are what I'd imagine a pack of Evangelion x Skittles would be. 

10 hours ago, BruceLeroy said:

I’m considering a pair of P36-E, but never owned any of the Encapsulated Nylon pieces. How do they compare with DS? I love the stretch of DS (bike racer legs) but hope it’s not wooshy like 90s warm up pants.

It’s not exactly ‘loud and swishy’ but there is some noise and feel to them. The E is very lightweight but has nice structure to it. Mild water resistance and good wind resistance. Wouldn’t really put them in the same category as DS, very different hand-feel and drape. It’s a pretty great fabric in the right cut tho IMO. 

@scamster @WillKhitie It's possible! It would be a lengthy process though, render designs, then a group-buy to confirm numbers, as production companies require a minimum order quantity, then QCing prototypes and finally, managing dispatch. If we do want to go ahead and try to do this, I'd be happy to try and help but I've never organized a group-buy before.

7 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

Anyone received first items from FW2021?

received CP2 and J89.

CP2 is actually a bit larger than the old stotz version. maybe it's because of the thicker and more substantial material, not sure about that. it has nice little upgrades across the board - now comes with escape zip, aux zip, and sling loops on the outside. highlight for me was the feel/texture of the new material - it made me want that J48 even more (but i'm definitely not spending 1.5k on a hoodie). CP2 overall definitely a keeper.

J89 turned out to be smaller / more profile cut than other similar pieces - I usually wear size S for these knit items, but the J89 in S unfortunately turned out to be too tight for layering. Regret not sizing up to M. Overall a nice piece, even though I'm still not a fan of the flimsy and non-elastic shirt sling, and it would've been great if they had done something to keep the lapels folded in place.

Edited by eyesolation

28 minutes ago, eyesolation said:

received CP2 and J89.

CP2 is actually a bit larger than the old stotz version. maybe it's because of the thicker and more substantial material, not sure about that. it has nice little upgrades across the board - now comes with escape zip, aux zip, and sling loops on the outside. highlight for me was the feel/texture of the new material - it made me want that J48 even more (but i'm definitely not spending 1.5k on a hoodie). CP2 overall definitely a keeper.

I’m extremely jealous you and others got a CP2. Hoping there’s a L or XL that pops up for me. 

16 minutes ago, BruceLeroy said:

I’m extremely jealous you and others got a CP2. Hoping there’s a L or XL that pops up for me. 

ill second that on the CP2, I will say that after getting the LA6B-AD, i suspected the J89 fit to be snug. @eyesolation many have commented about the J48 price. Just wondering if its any different of a mark up than any other ACR piece from 2015 till 2020? And if it was worth it to pay $800 in 2015? @BruceLeroy did you get the P36E and do you love them?

8 minutes ago, eddyraddish said:

ill second that on the CP2, I will say that after getting the LA6B-AD, i suspected the J89 fit to be snug. @eyesolation many have commented about the J48 price. Just wondering if its any different of a mark up than any other ACR piece from 2015 till 2020? And if it was worth it to pay $800 in 2015? @BruceLeroy did you get the P36E and do you love them?

I ordered them this morning. I got a size L when I normally do XL in P10-DS and P30A-DS and I have room. So I expect this to fill the gap in between. I’ll post the worst fit pic imaginable soon. 

1 hour ago, brainerd666 said:

It’s not exactly ‘loud and swishy’ but there is some noise and feel to them. The E is very lightweight but has nice structure to it. Mild water resistance and good wind resistance. Wouldn’t really put them in the same category as DS, very different hand-feel and drape. It’s a pretty great fabric in the right cut tho IMO. 

as someone who owns P10 variants across CH, DS, S and now E, the p10A-E has to be my favourite

edit: also honourable mention, my P34-E have become my next go-to pant after the P10A-E. i live in the tropics, the breathability trumps DS, super lightweight yet water resistant after (quite a few) washes, colourfast and looks as new as the day i received them.

as for the brother above who says he hates nylon... it's acronym! it's not just "nylon"...

Edited by moneytalks

I bought the P36-E and J78-PX in the recent releases and here's my short, quick impression.

Here's why I think P36 is a nice pair of pants if not better than P37, they are different animal after all, difficut to compare totally different pants.
- Lots of new design elements in this pants, always exciting to see new FUNCTIONAL  elements.
- The P36 fits like a bit similar to P31 when it zipped on, and very similar to P33 when zipped off, pretty versatile in terms of styling, definitely helps to accommodate more shoes choices.
- The spiral pleats at the quad section are actually functional as a vent, which is not simply the "form over function" like pleasts used to be, and boy, I need dat vent.
- The new belt-fasting design solves two issues. 1) quick release, 2) designated bulge waist area that naturally conforms to the back spiral pleats. This has been a pain point for all my huge ass waist DS pants.
- The ankle zip is tilted and position in a way that connects to the flow of lower knee articulation in order to form a sharp structured drape. 
- The encapsulated nylon is less prone to snagging and has the same if not better abrainsion resistance as the Schoeller doublweave , more breathable, thinner, and it's the first time being used on a drapey pants like this.

J78-PX fits overall similar to J78-WS if not identical, I wear small in ACRONYM all around and I'd say it's a straight fit that can be layered not only under but also over something.

The Raf green element is a nice touch and adds a bit more depth to a white jacket.

To my eyes it looks more like pearl white/silver in daylight due to the semi-translucent property. 

Very happy with the purchase since I always wanted a white PX jacket and J74-PX hood just doesn't work that well when it's layered under.

To all the guys who reached out to me regarding the j89, I think I'd like to at least wear it out in the wild once to make my final judgement on whether I wanna pass it on. It's just that damn LA is still 95 degrees in late September! Crazy! 

It ticks off a decent amount of my boxes, I wanted a knit style noragi to complement my visvim dotera, but the j89 definitely looks more like a svelte cardigan in the few times I've tried it on. Feels like it'll be nice to throw on and wear during the colder months while wfh though. 

Others critiques are valid for the piece. I can feel the shirt sling pull at my back at times. Alpha direct is quite warm when not in motion but if I swing my arm I can definitely feel the air so to speak. It's definitely bound to snag though lol. 

So it might become my wfh staple, but if not I'll reach out to the guys who messaged me wanting it. LA just needs to get down to 60s-70s lol.

1 hour ago, moneytalks said:

as someone who owns P10 variants across CH, DS, S and now E, the p10A-E has to be my favourite

edit: also honourable mention, my P34-E have become my next go-to pant after the P10A-E. i live in the tropics, the breathability trumps DS, super lightweight yet water resistant after (quite a few) washes, colourfast and looks as new as the day i received them.

as for the brother above who says he hates nylon... it's acronym! it's not just "nylon"...

I wholeheartedly agree. Love the "nylon" have the P10 and 36 and both winners.

3 hours ago, hrzlvn said:

I bought the P36-E and J78-PX in the recent releases and here's my short, quick impression.

Here's why I think P36 is a nice pair of pants if not better than P37, they are different animal after all, difficut to compare totally different pants.
- Lots of new design elements in this pants, always exciting to see new FUNCTIONAL  elements.
- The P36 fits like a bit similar to P31 when it zipped on, and very similar to P33 when zipped off, pretty versatile in terms of styling, definitely helps to accommodate more shoes choices.
- The spiral pleats at the quad section are actually functional as a vent, which is not simply the "form over function" like pleasts used to be, and boy, I need dat vent.
- The new belt-fasting design solves two issues. 1) quick release, 2) designated bulge waist area that naturally conforms to the back spiral pleats. This has been a pain point for all my huge ass waist DS pants.
- The ankle zip is tilted and position in a way that connects to the flow of lower knee articulation in order to form a sharp structured drape. 
- The encapsulated nylon is less prone to snagging and has the same if not better abrainsion resistance as the Schoeller doublweave , more breathable, thinner, and it's the first time being used on a drapey pants like this.

J78-PX fits overall similar to J78-WS if not identical, I wear small in ACRONYM all around and I'd say it's a straight fit that can be layered not only under but also over something.

The Raf green element is a nice touch and adds a bit more depth to a white jacket.

To my eyes it looks more like pearl white/silver in daylight due to the semi-translucent property. 

Very happy with the purchase since I always wanted a white PX jacket and J74-PX hood just doesn't work that well when it's layered under.

Any chance we get pic of P36 worn?

Cheers

4 hours ago, WiseFool said:

Pics of the 78 pls!

mine should land in the next day or two. along with P36-E (I'm between sizes on the latter and fear I should have sized down. we'll see).
we're experiencing some late September sunshine in NL right now. when the wind, rain and cold cometh next week I'll find some time to play dress up and post a few pics.

49 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

at around 178cm i guess i can pass on that size large still on site :(

I am 180cm 72kg and got a medium. They fit ok, but every time I wear them, I always wonder how a large would fit. I think a large would give me a little bit more flexibility, wearing higher up on the waist with no break / wearing on the hip with a full break at the hem.

The medium that I have could only give me a no break or showing ankle.

4 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

how are you guys sizing for the p36? had trouble deciding between med and large basing off measurements.

I’m 6’3 205lb so I usually do XL for length and leg size. Considering that the only size left was L and the fabric had some give it seems like it’ll be a nice middle ground between my P10-DS and P30A-DS. 

11 hours ago, kriztopher said:

I am 180cm 72kg and got a medium. They fit ok, but every time I wear them, I always wonder how a large would fit. I think a large would give me a little bit more flexibility, wearing higher up on the waist with no break / wearing on the hip with a full break at the hem.

The medium that I have could only give me a no break or showing ankle.

I think you got the right size. Because at 175CM I cannot imagine sizing up to a Large but I have snugly fit into a small. I think the real fit test is the knee articulation.