Westbrook

Acronym.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:38 PM, a_username_for_superfuture said:

The 3a-1's box was a bit battered, had UPS tape poorly applied to it in places, and just didn't look cared for, and then no stripe on the plastic bag.

So my paranoid mind got the better of me, and I thought, maybe, possibly, the real item could have been replaced with a fake.

It's not even about being welcoming or not, you're saying you think that someone working at a post office saw your 3a1 and could've had a fake one on hand and replaced it? 

There's a certain point where you have to be direct about pointing our irrational behavior, otherwise you're just bound to ask more questions with zero train of thought.

Go next, unlucky. 

so June is almost over, looking out for how the FW collection will look like? & which pieces are made in Europe and/or in China?

@daniel lots more color options for some outerwear/bottoms, also branching into more accessories...! interested to hear other people's opinions when pics come out to the public! can't speak on the places* the pieces are made in though

Edited by denimjeans
grammar

More WS stuff pls. Maybe on a J1

Edited by JoseRizal

On 6/18/2020 at 9:33 AM, denimjeans said:

dude thank you!! I usually look through this thread for advice on sizing and whatnot before posting/asking friends, must’ve glossed over that page! this is exactly the gripe I have with them and the solutions posted here are exactly what I need. Bless u!!

small update on p25 weartesting re: drawcord waist as I feel it'd help those that haven't gotten their first pair of drawcord-only pants; went to run some errands today for about an hour and was pleased to see no scuff marks on the ankles while walking. going off of @scamster's rec to check out previous discussions on the waistband not staying put on this pair of pants, i found that feeding the drawcords back into the buckle after 1) tightening them to fit me 2) moving the fabric to the back of my waist helped it stay put while moving around the house, so my worry was that they wouldn't stay put while i would be walking around outside. it's not ideal for me to adjust pants as im moving up and about and while this wasn't an issue for me today, i did notice that the waistband definitely sat lower than where i had originally set it possibly due to the fabric coming back and loosening the buckle despite me feeding drawcord in. shoe choice also helped me prevent these from dragging on the ground (presto mid) as the bottom of the pants sat comfortably in the shoe's ankle collar; i'm 5'6 and this pair is a size S with an outseam of 84 cm (iirc), and i feel that if i wore a shorter shoe or a flat shoe with these, the chances of me dragging along the floor would've increased. i had nothing in my pockets save for my phone (so no weight issues to factor in), and even then i notice that the right leg (phone pocket on right leg) dips a little bit lower than the left despite all tightening efforts. all in all, great pair of pants for summer! thanks again to @Wklcarl for helping me get my start into this side of fashion

*tldr; drawcord experience will vary :) *

Edited by denimjeans

Can anyone share some information on how they remove wrinkles from their Acr items after they are washed? I've noticed DS fabric doesn't get to wrinkled after washing and then hang to dry but Stotz material after you wash and hang to dry looks horribly wrinkled. Not sure of the correct means to attack this problem and any insight would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

@owetoe540 i handwashed mine without wringing, twisting, folding etc and it had no wrinkles after i hang dry it. Have u tried steaming the wrinkles?

1 hour ago, kenwiryadi said:

@owetoe540 i handwashed mine without wringing, twisting, folding etc and it had no wrinkles after i hang dry it. Have u tried steaming the wrinkles?

I havnt yet, that is what I am probably going to do just wanted to pick peoples brains first before I did. I use a garment bag and wash with a grangers product on gentle cycle with cold water and the pants are very wrinkled. On tag it says do not use dryer so I just hang dried. 

@owetoe540 you can also “smooth” it out before drying. Give it a shake and pull on the sleeves/legs. Not always 100% perfect, but does reduce wrinkles.

1 minute ago, beepy said:

@owetoe540 you can also “smooth” it out before drying. Give it a shake and pull on the sleeves/legs. Not always 100% perfect, but does reduce wrinkles.

exactly this, i use a regular machine cycle and garment bags

like any other stiff cotton material (duck, denim etc) just try to get it as straight as possible by pulling on both edges and they should dry relatively flat, then straighten out within the first hour or two of wear

I typically hang mine to dry

The wrinkles will work their way out within an 1/2 hour or so of wearing them IME

Maybe a crazy idea but I use a warm iron over a teeshirt onto it whilst wet and before hanging ... definitely gets the wrinkles out and can’t say I’ve noticed any damage to the surface

Stotz isn’t waterproof SMH

More accurately stotz is intended to absorb water (dwr notwithstanding). It’s historically considered “waterproof” because the cotton threads are woven tightly enough that when they expand from being waterlogged there isn’t space in the weave for more water to get through. 

But at that point you’ve got a soaked cotton jacket and osmosis kicks in.

never understood e's obsession with stotz. it's no good in the rain, takes forever to dry, fades, tears and discolors like nobody's business, feels restrictive and doesn't breathe well. it's only redeeming quality is the nice suede-y surface patina it develops. 

11 hours ago, beepy said:

More accurately stotz is intended to absorb water (dwr notwithstanding). It’s historically considered “waterproof” because the cotton threads are woven tightly enough that when they expand from being waterlogged there isn’t space in the weave for more water to get through. 

But at that point you’ve got a soaked cotton jacket and osmosis kicks in.

This^

They used to be used for water hoses too.

On 7/14/2020 at 5:59 PM, Inkinsurgent said:

never understood e's obsession with stotz. it's no good in the rain, takes forever to dry, fades, tears and discolors like nobody's business, feels restrictive and doesn't breathe well. it's only redeeming quality is the nice suede-y surface patina it develops. 

You had me at patina.

has anyone gotten a black or silver foil 3a-1 repaired by Bagjack? i've messaged them and they said that they won't be able to repair it with the same material since they only got what they needed for production, but they can try to mend problem areas with available material (Cordura in my case).

anyone got pics or insight on Bagjack repairs on ACR bags?

On 7/14/2020 at 2:59 AM, Inkinsurgent said:

Don't discount it being available in not-black.

Hey guys, just wondering is it normal that my j1a 2.2 has no laundry label on it.

why ups even want that. So you mean j1a normally do not have a laundry label right. Since, most clothing has a laundry label. That's why I ask.

12 minutes ago, Hergert said:

why ups even want that. So you mean j1a normally do not have a laundry label right. Since, most clothing has a laundry label. That's why I ask.

Its just a meme haha. There should be a care tag, sometimes they are just in tricky places 

FW 2021 real pics

P.S. has already been deleted

Edited by Yan90
has already been deleted(

glad they finally figured out you can get your schoeller in any color you want. 

2 hours ago, Yan90 said:

FW 2021 real pics

P.S. has already been deleted

damn, shame im too late. yall making me curious now haha. P31A should be what  already was shown in the J1E-GT pics if i remember correct, right?