Acronym.

Westbrook

1 minute ago, beepy said:

@owetoe540 you can also “smooth” it out before drying. Give it a shake and pull on the sleeves/legs. Not always 100% perfect, but does reduce wrinkles.

exactly this, i use a regular machine cycle and garment bags

like any other stiff cotton material (duck, denim etc) just try to get it as straight as possible by pulling on both edges and they should dry relatively flat, then straighten out within the first hour or two of wear

More accurately stotz is intended to absorb water (dwr notwithstanding). It’s historically considered “waterproof” because the cotton threads are woven tightly enough that when they expand from being waterlogged there isn’t space in the weave for more water to get through. 

But at that point you’ve got a soaked cotton jacket and osmosis kicks in.

never understood e's obsession with stotz. it's no good in the rain, takes forever to dry, fades, tears and discolors like nobody's business, feels restrictive and doesn't breathe well. it's only redeeming quality is the nice suede-y surface patina it develops. 

11 hours ago, beepy said:

More accurately stotz is intended to absorb water (dwr notwithstanding). It’s historically considered “waterproof” because the cotton threads are woven tightly enough that when they expand from being waterlogged there isn’t space in the weave for more water to get through. 

But at that point you’ve got a soaked cotton jacket and osmosis kicks in.

This^

They used to be used for water hoses too.

On 7/14/2020 at 5:59 PM, Inkinsurgent said:

never understood e's obsession with stotz. it's no good in the rain, takes forever to dry, fades, tears and discolors like nobody's business, feels restrictive and doesn't breathe well. it's only redeeming quality is the nice suede-y surface patina it develops. 

You had me at patina.

has anyone gotten a black or silver foil 3a-1 repaired by Bagjack? i've messaged them and they said that they won't be able to repair it with the same material since they only got what they needed for production, but they can try to mend problem areas with available material (Cordura in my case).

anyone got pics or insight on Bagjack repairs on ACR bags?

On 7/14/2020 at 2:59 AM, Inkinsurgent said:

Don't discount it being available in not-black.

12 minutes ago, Hergert said:

why ups even want that. So you mean j1a normally do not have a laundry label right. Since, most clothing has a laundry label. That's why I ask.

Its just a meme haha. There should be a care tag, sometimes they are just in tricky places 

This is why this place has turned into my daily read, fantastico. 

7 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

how is everyone’s LA6B-AD holding up? Is the material worth it?

I haven’t worn my LA6B-AD much, too hot at the moment, so I can’t comment on the longevity. But I find the material great. It feels super comfy and the texture adds another level of depth to an outfit.

Are Acronym hoods interchangeable between jackets? I’m still intrigued with the J84-S hood and wondered if it could be fitted to another jacket?

12 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

Are Acronym hoods interchangeable between jackets? I’m still intrigued with the J84-S hood and wondered if it could be fitted to another jacket?

I would assume they do as long as they have the same 4 snap button attachment location

~Lefty