Westbrook

Acronym.

So my 3a-1 arrived today, direct from Acronym.

I noticed that the plastic bag is came in doesn't have the red stripe, and the box it shipped in wasn't in the best condiftion.

Am I just being overly paranoid or can the plastic bag not have the stripe?

Thanks.

I believe all their bags don't have the stripe.

On 6/23/2020 at 6:25 PM, a_username_for_superfuture said:

So my 3a-1 arrived today, direct from Acronym.

I noticed that the plastic bag is came in doesn't have the red stripe, and the box it shipped in wasn't in the best condiftion.

Am I just being overly paranoid or can the plastic bag not have the stripe?

Thanks.

you're worried acrnm.com sent you a fake bag?
great 2nd post my guy

20 hours ago, moneytalks said:

you're worried acrnm.com sent you a fake bag?
great 2nd post my guy

Glad you promote such a welcoming environment :) Definitely feel more inclined to post now. We could be best friends!

No accusations against Acronym. Just paranoia of the delivery pathway.

The J36 I got before arrived without issue, box was in good condition, just with the acronym tape sealing it.

The 3a-1's box was a bit battered, had UPS tape poorly applied to it in places, and just didn't look cared for, and then no stripe on the plastic bag.

So my paranoid mind got the better of me, and I thought, maybe, possibly, the real item could have been replaced with a fake.

I just thought I'd ask here, assuming there would be no harm in it.

My 3a-2 box arrived pretty fucked as well but you do understand that we are in the middle of a global pandemic right? As in there's an unprecedented amount of shipping going on right now because people aren't going out. All shipping carriers are fucked with packages.

I mean you thought that someone intercepted your 3a-1 and somehow replaced it with a 3a-1 replica? And they forgot the red stripe on the bag when replacing your replica lmao ... 

IMG_20200617_114235.jpg

7 hours ago, a_username_for_superfuture said:

Glad you promote such a welcoming environment :) Definitely feel more inclined to post now. We could be best friends!

thanks for the passive aggression, but you still the type guy who buys mcnuggets from mcdonalds and cries about how it doesn't taste like chicken

8 hours ago, a_username_for_superfuture said:

No accusations against Acronym. Just paranoia of the delivery pathway.

The J36 I got before arrived without issue, box was in good condition, just with the acronym tape sealing it.

The 3a-1's box was a bit battered, had UPS tape poorly applied to it in places, and just didn't look cared for, and then no stripe on the plastic bag.

So my paranoid mind got the better of me, and I thought, maybe, possibly, the real item could have been replaced with a fake.

I just thought I'd ask here, assuming there would be no harm in it.

lmao. The world is in chaos at the moment. And you're worried about a shipping box and a sandwich bag that you could purchase at the grocery store. Number one priorities................

This was a great laugh. Thank you guy with no sense meeting the internet. This plays out on forums the world over and it’s always amazing. 

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to update the HTS code for a recent 3a-5ts order and UPS are making it difficult.  I've called these two numbers: 502-485-2788 / 502-485-2064 since my last name fall between A - J, and I keep getting pushed to voicemail the past two days.  I've called UPS International Customer Service and they gave me an email address to make my request but now they're giving me a blank Commercial Invoice form to fill out.  Is the pandemic making this difficult ?

Edited by Archival

Archival, can't speak for how they schedule people but speaking from a pure logistics standpoint, they might be understaffed at the moment/this might be the reason you keep getting pushed to voicemail. 

On 6/25/2020 at 8:38 PM, a_username_for_superfuture said:

It's not even about being welcoming or not, you're saying you think that someone working at a post office saw your 3a1 and could've had a fake one on hand and replaced it? 

There's a certain point where you have to be direct about pointing our irrational behavior, otherwise you're just bound to ask more questions with zero train of thought.

Go next, unlucky. 

so June is almost over, looking out for how the FW collection will look like? & which pieces are made in Europe and/or in China?

Posted (edited)

@daniel lots more color options for some outerwear/bottoms, also branching into more accessories...! interested to hear other people's opinions when pics come out to the public! can't speak on the places* the pieces are made in though

Edited by denimjeans
grammar

Posted (edited)

More WS stuff pls. Maybe on a J1

Edited by JoseRizal

On 6/18/2020 at 9:33 AM, denimjeans said:

dude thank you!! I usually look through this thread for advice on sizing and whatnot before posting/asking friends, must’ve glossed over that page! this is exactly the gripe I have with them and the solutions posted here are exactly what I need. Bless u!!

small update on p25 weartesting re: drawcord waist as I feel it'd help those that haven't gotten their first pair of drawcord-only pants; went to run some errands today for about an hour and was pleased to see no scuff marks on the ankles while walking. going off of @scamster's rec to check out previous discussions on the waistband not staying put on this pair of pants, i found that feeding the drawcords back into the buckle after 1) tightening them to fit me 2) moving the fabric to the back of my waist helped it stay put while moving around the house, so my worry was that they wouldn't stay put while i would be walking around outside. it's not ideal for me to adjust pants as im moving up and about and while this wasn't an issue for me today, i did notice that the waistband definitely sat lower than where i had originally set it possibly due to the fabric coming back and loosening the buckle despite me feeding drawcord in. shoe choice also helped me prevent these from dragging on the ground (presto mid) as the bottom of the pants sat comfortably in the shoe's ankle collar; i'm 5'6 and this pair is a size S with an outseam of 84 cm (iirc), and i feel that if i wore a shorter shoe or a flat shoe with these, the chances of me dragging along the floor would've increased. i had nothing in my pockets save for my phone (so no weight issues to factor in), and even then i notice that the right leg (phone pocket on right leg) dips a little bit lower than the left despite all tightening efforts. all in all, great pair of pants for summer! thanks again to @Wklcarl for helping me get my start into this side of fashion

*tldr; drawcord experience will vary :) *

Edited by denimjeans