Westbrook

Acronym.

24 minutes ago, beepy said:

The set 1/gt-j21 or j64-ts. J64 is god tier layering piece.

dont forget the J29A

1 hour ago, Cornuto said:

What was the jacket with the removable sleeves? That was the jump the shark moment for me.

I dont know about jumping the shark, I love my GT-J21, especially here in the PNW.

12 hours ago, markdjr said:

I dont know about jumping the shark, I love my GT-J21, especially here in the PNW.

yeah, would love one (live in the tropics)

Thinking of copping a pair of the P22-S in RAF green off the mothersite..Does anyone own these pants that can comment on the sizing? 

I'm around 5'10", and I wear a medium in the P23-S, and also a Medium in the P30A-DS (Though I feel like I could go with a small in these if I just wore them cropped)

Would it be better to go with the Small, or Medium in this case? 

Emailed the mothersite, and they recommended a small, though I figured I'd get a second opinion before pulling the trigger.

On 6/3/2020 at 7:14 PM, Cornuto said:

What was the jacket with the removable sleeves? That was the jump the shark moment for me.

The first piece I have with removable sleeves is the PL-J1 I think. Mine still gets tons of wear as winter jacket and summer gillet. 

On 6/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, Yardsale said:

I had the black version and sold it, wish I hadn't. At the time, the 3A mods were hard to find so techsys webbing was wasted.

Is it to much to ask for a J4TS re-issue? Ultimate acronym purist/ninja piece, IMO. Have been waiting for years to see if some of the first-gen TS pieces would ever be updated and re-released, but it has yet to happen. Hopefully some day. 

There were links to past versions of the acronym homepage to see older items and sizing Information. Can not find the link anymore. Can someone help me out.

many thanks in advance 

Guess yes. Many thanks 

didn’t win anything with these hanon acronym draws (no surprise don’t tend to win with these things) but did anyone notice the j43-gt pop up after the draw had finished? seems like someone at hanon did a single entry only raffle for themselves!

13 hours ago, scamster said:

didn’t win anything with these hanon acronym draws (no surprise don’t tend to win with these things) but did anyone notice the j43-gt pop up after the draw had finished? seems like someone at hanon did a single entry only raffle for themselves!

that wouldn't surprise me...

if anyone here got the DS-HD2 and doesn't get on with it, I will gladly take it off your hands. 

@scamster yeah someone on the FB group hit, but it didn’t fit them, they’re selling it for £825 if you’re interested

17 hours ago, scamster said:

I know it’s subjective but that thing is one of the worst jackets they ever made imo/ really not a desirable piece so wouldn’t surprise me if no-one entered and they put it up for sale after. 

11 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

I know it’s subjective but that thing is one of the worst jackets they ever made imo/ really not a desirable piece so wouldn’t surprise me if no-one entered and they put it up for sale after. 

I had it for 2 years. At first it looked like Kenny from Southpark. But I liked it in real life. Useful Hardshell 

I got it when it released too but after my first outing with the hood up realised it was too dangerous to try and walk with no peripheral vision :D

cheers @emilpops wasn't after one just found it odd that it wasn't part of any of the vault releases only to appear after entry to all the raffles had closed.

yeah not a fan of it either, have to say that the j43 isn't the worse hood, have had coats with voluminous hoods without any means of adjustment that on turning your head you only see the inside of the hood, not good especially if your also wearing noise cancelling headphones if you want to avoid hospital food  :D 

Do I understand correctly that CH fabric has changed?  I have some of the CH shorts from years ago that kind of look like denim, I thought I'd read that new CH is thinner/lighter material?  Thanks for any info.

3 hours ago, markdjr said:

Do I understand correctly that CH fabric has changed?  I have some of the CH shorts from years ago that kind of look like denim, I thought I'd read that new CH is thinner/lighter material?  Thanks for any info.

There have been so many versions of this material. Some more like a softshell and some more cotton like. Some you could wash at 60 degrees. I guess the 2014 or 2015 versions.

6 hours ago, markdjr said:

CH just stands for non-DS Schoeller textiles. The denim like melange nylon/cotton blend textile is called Schoeller Shape. 

Posted (edited)

ch = switzerland (international vehicle registration). [from latin confoederatio helvetica / french confédération helvétique ‘swiss confederation’.]

@Inkinsurgent is right, any schoeller fabric other than dryskin, ch is used as schoeller is a swiss company.

Edited by scamster

What's sizing like on the J33-E? Kinda looking for something slightly longer, and non-GTX, but I'm kinda torn between the M or L. 

For reference, I do wear an L in the J1A 2.2, and the J47R, but the J47 definitely feels a little slimmer in an L.

Surprised at the amount of people still buying/selling acr during the pandemic. Iono about you guys but most people I know are staying indoor; not to mention summertime's arrived?

1 hour ago, IzunaK said:

What's sizing like on the J33-E? Kinda looking for something slightly longer, and non-GTX, but I'm kinda torn between the M or L.  

For reference, I do wear an L in the J1A 2.2, and the J47R, but the J47 definitely feels a little slimmer in an L.

I am somewhere between M and L, and have a J33-E in M. Fits fine with a t-shirt/thin sweater but layer anything else like a down jacket layer and it starts to get a little bit snug. So I would say it's probably slightly relaxed M or TTS with layering taken into account? Hope that helps. Really nice jacket, especially if you like the more understated Acronym pieces.

2 minutes ago, LowLevelViolence said:

I am somewhere between M and L, and have a J33-E in M. Fits fine with a t-shirt/thin sweater but layer anything else like a down jacket layer and it starts to get a little bit snug. So I would say it's probably slightly relaxed M or TTS with layering taken into account? Hope that helps. Really nice jacket, especially if you like the more understated Acronym pieces.

Yeah, during the Fall/Winter I generally layer up with a hoodie, or some sort of lighter insulated layer, like the Atom LT from Arc'teryx. I can get away with light insulators and hoodies in my J1A, but the most I can really get away with on my J47 is a long sleeve sweater.

I'm normally a 44 inch chest, but I size up in jackets for layering reasons.

So I'd assume to grab an L if I plan on doing some layering with it, then?

2 hours ago, IzunaK said:

Personally if you are L in ACR jackets then I think you should get the same size for all your ACR jackets.
If the cut/shape of the jacket doesn't suit in your size then I don't think a smaller/larger size will be more flattering. Although there probably are exceptions such as older pieces.

2 hours ago, IzunaK said:

Yeah, during the Fall/Winter I generally layer up with a hoodie, or some sort of lighter insulated layer, like the Atom LT from Arc'teryx. I can get away with light insulators and hoodies in my J1A, but the most I can really get away with on my J47 is a long sleeve sweater.

I'm normally a 44 inch chest, but I size up in jackets for layering reasons.

So I'd assume to grab an L if I plan on doing some layering with it, then?

Can't be certain but L seems like it might suit you better, yeah. Esp if you wear L size for the other jackets. I'm planning on getting my next shell in an L size.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, outbrk said:

Personally if you are L in ACR jackets then I think you should get the same size for all your ACR jackets.
If the cut/shape of the jacket doesn't suit in your size then I don't think a smaller/larger size will be more flattering. Although there probably are exceptions such as older pieces.

I'm typically a LG in ACR but went Medium for J58-WS/J48-BR.  Whether it's jackets/pants/t-shirts, ACR sizing has been generally inconsistent throughout the years as far as I am concerned.  I'd get measurements and compare to other pieces prior to buying anything whether older or newer styles.

Edited by markdjr

2 hours ago, markdjr said:

I'm typically a LG in ACR but went Medium for J58-WS/J48-BR.  Whether it's jackets/pants/t-shirts, ACR sizing has been generally inconsistent throughout the years as far as I am concerned.  I'd get measurements and compare to other pieces prior to buying anything whether older or newer styles.

You went down a size on the J58? I was looking at that to add on to my J1A, but I figured I should get the large. I figured they should be the same size to the liner lines up with the fitting points? Or should I just size down? 

I currently wear ACR jackets in a large myself. J1A 2.2 is pretty comfy for me to layer up with, but the J47 I can only get away with something light.

7 hours ago, IzunaK said:

You went down a size on the J58? I was looking at that to add on to my J1A, but I figured I should get the large. I figured they should be the same size to the liner lines up with the fitting points? Or should I just size down? 

I currently wear ACR jackets in a large myself. J1A 2.2 is pretty comfy for me to layer up with, but the J47 I can only get away with something light.

I posted fit pics of both medium and large a couple pages back.  I wanted a slimmer fit on the j58.  The zippers should all line up as I don't believe they use different size zippers for different sizes.  

10 hours ago, markdjr said:

The zippers should all line up as I don't believe they use different size zippers for different sizes.  

The aux zips differ between sizes as the collars are different widths. Its not a big deal (still works) you’ll just have a shorter/longer portion if you attach a liner of differing size to a shell or vice versa.