Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

I don’t know how can u be so snobbish when u make such a subjective comment. Show me ur fit. 

a man becomes a critic when he cannot be an artist smt 

Look at waywt. Lol I been making fun of this you clown. 

3 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

The previous several pages has been a fun read but ultimately, seems like someone was profoundly unhappy with their quarantine time.

I'm sure you already know that I think the head to toe Acronym is cheesy, but some people are just enthusiasts. It's the clout-chase-y ones that it's definitely a bad look for. Like, just tag #techwearlooks and the ten other techwear hashtags if you want that sweet dopamine rush of external validation.

To me only, and I do mean only@originalprogram and @thatslapz can do the Acronym product shot fitpics without making me groan.

lmao at this

so people rocking ACR head to toe is fine, unless their chasing clout... -- but you also like how originalprogram styles ACR

Meanwhile, originalprogram posts fits on ACRHIVE looking for that clout, that sweet "sweet dopamine rush of external validation" 

40 minutes ago, solo1 said:

lmao at this

so people rocking ACR head to toe is fine, unless their chasing clout... -- but you also like how originalprogram styles ACR

Meanwhile, originalprogram posts fits on ACRHIVE looking for that clout, that sweet "sweet dopamine rush of external validation" 

I swear y’all cannot read. I’m fine with the enthusiasts rocking head to toe acronym but my initial reaction to it is oh this some scxrlxrd cosplay for likes.

so:

If rocking head to toe acronym AND enthusiast, THEN Carlo thinks it’s fine.

If rocking head to toe acronym AND clout-chasey,  THEN Carlo thinks it’s cheesy. (I think if you look super serious, it looks clout-chasey).

If rocking head to toe acronym AND one of the ones that I mentioned, THEN Carlo likes it.

If rocking head to toe acronym AND not one of the mentioned above, THEN Carlo groans.

I can both think it’s fine and groan ;)—it’s the gut initial reaction though, especially if it looks super serious. 

@AvantSol eh stotz still requires more maintenance than just throwing it in the wash since it will turn to be shiz if you dont take care of it via instructions. would be cool to have jackets in sateen cotton or nyco or anything that will virtually look the same as it does brand new after you wash it the first few times.  not talking about breaking it in / patina, but fabric choices are limited when it comes to easy care. only materials i can see jackets in where i could wear without as much care would be pertex or encapsulated nylon.  wouldnt want a jacket made of ds or ch

I recently bought a pretty used FW03 E-J1A. Its been redyed and an additional ring of fabric sewed onto the cuffs from what I can only imagine was extensive fraying. 

The good: Pretty cool look at old school acronym and seeing the direct comparison between old vs new. Epic cotton being this old might as well just be regular cotton (although its very soft and nice to the touch). Internal + external jacket sling attachment points, and the sling itself is RAF.

The bad: Water resistance is a minimum. It's got pretty decent wind resistance but again that could just be due to the weight of the fabric/nature of it being a jacket in general, although water resistance is a a minor concern (to me personally) based on where I live and the climate here. Its also pretty obvious to see why all Acronym jackets after a certain point (2008+ ish or something??) use Cobrax snaps rather than velcro. The velcro still grabs perfectly fine, but in terms of ease of use and on/off capability, snaps are far superior. Phone sleeve inside the chest flap pocket is comically small (who even had a phone in 2003 anyway?). The jacket being this old, there is no velcro on the right side of the neck area for ACRNM logo tape, seeing as that wasn't a thing then. No acronym branding on the RAF lanyard attached to the waist cinch that hangs down. In fact, the only thing that tells you its Acronym aside from the obvious jacket design is a small tab on the chest pocket, akin to the "Levis" tab on a traditional Levi trucker jacket. 

With all that said, none of the 'bad' is in my opinion a bad at all. It's a 16-17 year old jacket so expectations must be adjusted. Yes it misses features like the logo tape, gravity pockets, etc, but honestly the only real 'gimmick' that matters on Acronym jackets is the jacket sling, and even that is debatable as I don't use mine and don't have it attached. Almost complete lack of branding is actually a positive in my experience, as garment design speaks louder than 'branding' ever will in my eyes, and is infinitely more noticeable. What everyone seems to miss (and what Nebulae of Huibenshop pointed out long ago) is the main design points of Acronym jackets are in the pattern cutting and pocket design. Having now experienced a J1A chest pocket/mezzanine situation, it is without a doubt the most useful iteration of a pocket on a pocket in a pocket I have come across. As others have said in this thread long ago, it is the details that aren't noticeable to the eye compared to the in your face external jacket slings and forcelock that gave rise to the prominence of Acronym we see today. 

Yes, stotz and goretex etc are high maintenance, but that's because they are purpose-created fabrics. If you don't want to take care of your goretex jacket properly by actually washing it more than once per month (assuming daily wear) then you run the risk of delam, and even if you take the upmost care and it occurs, sometimes it do be like that. Sacrifices must be made somewhere for a garment to perform (or at least be designed to perform) in extreme conditions. Dryskin is prone to pilling, wool fabrics are prone to pilling, the list goes on. Its just an expected potential outcome when having a garment made out of it. 

PS: Pls no talk about price, the cost is the cost. Nothing cost the same as it used to (even adjusted for inflation).

Edited by swoleman

1 hour ago, swoleman said:

honestly the only real 'gimmick' that matters on Acronym jackets is the jacket sling

Touché, jacket sling and phone pockets are the only features that I miss while wearing other brands. Escapezip, gravity pockets, auxzip etc. are only cool when you buy your first acronym jacket, but later you never use them. I tried to use gravity pockets for my work id card, but it was too awkward to touch entry sensor and it did not always worked properly because of zippers, just pulling a wallet from your pocket is so much easier lol.

40 minutes ago, Willy19 said:

it's a good news

so my friend helped me and steam the j44-sd and the result is quite good

before

99258096_1018794458517541_6858572307921633280_n.jpg.c79413f94e7d2745297210d1a6f6fbe7.jpg

after

98075999_1018794545184199_7718896446774181888_n.jpg.a9a8079b7e146e84de23b83fb7573088.jpg

Wow. Great results. Any tips on what you did to have it come out so well? I had tried ironing and it didn't help much. May need to finally get a steamer.

5 minutes ago, ogre said:

Wow. Great results. Any tips on what you did to have it come out so well? I had tried ironing and it didn't help much. May need to finally get a steamer.

my friend run twice on the steamer

after doing a first run, wait for the jacket to dry up because of the heat

when it's cooling down do the second run

and i think number of run is depend on the wrinkle

13 minutes ago, markdjr said:

Anyone have experience with P10 pants and Veilance Voronoi?  Mostly interested in comparison of fit and movement.  Thanks for any info.

I have both (P10 in E and DS fabrics). Voronoi fabric faded so quick. Also Veilance was cut slimmer. Much prefer the P10 if you can swing it though I hear it fits certain people weird (I'm tall and skinny).

13 minutes ago, markdjr said:

Anyone have experience with P10 pants and Veilance Voronoi?  Mostly interested in comparison of fit and movement.  Thanks for any info.

Voronois were some of the most constricting pants I've ever worn, though this was ~5 years ago so YMMV with the current model. Some of that may be the material though, as I had P10-DS which have a lot of stretch.

They also only lasted about 6 months in an office environment before the crotch blew out and when trying to get a warranty replacement AV told me they don't cover "normal wear and tear" to which I argued a 6-month lifespan of sitting in an office chair constitutes "normal wear and tear" for $400 pants? After several weeks of back-and-forth and getting a supervisor involved they finally gave me store credit, but man was it a headache. But again, this was 5 years ago so not sure what it'd be like now; but they left such a bad taste in my mouth that I haven't gone with AV too much since then. Though not sure ACR's customer service would be any better (but thankfully I haven't had to deal with that yet!).

9 hours ago, piece keeper said:

Voronois were some of the most constricting pants I've ever worn, though this was ~5 years ago so YMMV with the current model. Some of that may be the material though, as I had P10-DS which have a lot of stretch.

They also only lasted about 6 months in an office environment before the crotch blew out and when trying to get a warranty replacement AV told me they don't cover "normal wear and tear" to which I argued a 6-month lifespan of sitting in an office chair constitutes "normal wear and tear" for $400 pants? After several weeks of back-and-forth and getting a supervisor involved they finally gave me store credit, but man was it a headache. But again, this was 5 years ago so not sure what it'd be like now; but they left such a bad taste in my mouth that I haven't gone with AV too much since then. Though not sure ACR's customer service would be any better (but thankfully I haven't had to deal with that yet!).

In Europe I had very good results with Veilance Customer Service.
But for me Veilance and Acronym are total different issues regarding their pants and usability. I like both.

Edited by xc-mtb

11 hours ago, markdjr said:

Have/had P10-DS (FW-1516) and -S (FW-1213). Had 1st gen Voronoi AR.

Would take P10's any day... less constricting, better fabrication. Fade and wear on the Stotz > fade and wear on the Voronois.

Edited by LanceP

12 hours ago, markdjr said:

+1 on Voronois being very constricting and slim compared to P10s, even in Stotz which has little stretch.

the nyco voronois are garbage for all the above reasons but the all nylon voronois are my favourite pants. they are not as articulated as P10's but they fit great and their range of motion is fine.  

Bad news for j44-sd

after two days the wrinkles going back again :( it’s not as bad as before but not as good as new also

so sd material is hard to maintain, if there’s acro with sd material again,should think twice before buy

but still j44-sd unique jacket in certain way

Edited by Willy19

3 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

the nyco voronois are garbage for all the above reasons but the all nylon voronois are my favourite pants. they are not as articulated as P10's but they fit great and their range of motion is fine.  

Plus you can dress them up. P10's look too ninja for anything but casual wear.

Like the rise on the Voronois better too.