Westbrook

Acronym.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:58 AM, NCiao said:

I’m 6’3”, 200lbs - just a little concerned on the length of the P32-S since the sizing charts look like it’s a bit shorter.

I'm not sure a screenshot of stock that released in the middle of a global pandemic makes the strongest case, especially since there is no indicator of inventory quantity. That said, SS20 is easily the most snoozable set of releases yet. J81 is meh and J84 is especially boring (sorry to those who bought both but what are you thinking) and I imagine will sit for some time. I've wanted a J33 for some time though…

I didn't realize so many people had access to Acronym's books. I must be doing something wrong.  

"materiality" lol SMH

12 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

Also, if you really are Lamborghini's interior designer, then the hexagons everywhere are played out, hiding the start button underneath a flip-top switch like it's a fighter plane is the automotive equivalent of wearing an Ed Hardy t-shirt, the UI on your infotainment system is utterly hideous, and those toggle switches were shit when Mini started doing them, they're still shit when you do them. 

Signed, a man who gets paid to drive and write about Lamborghinis.

I've only been with Lamborghini for close to a year now, and I am very soon leaving for a competitor. I will agree with everything you just said, it's actually why I was brought in. To help speculate where they were failing. Also, big things in 2022 from Lamborghini with ByBorre for all you shit talkers.

So no, I wasn't claiming I work for Lamborghini with a Lamborghini assplug lodged deep in my anal crevice the same way all you ACR diehards do I'm sure. (Only available on Subnet)

FlipFlop, I'm sure you'll gain more insight for Lamborghini interior once your dad dies and his full bank account is at your exposure. I'm assuming you still have a monthly credit limit until you're 50 years old? 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mariahscarry said:

I've only been with Lamborghini for close to a year now, and I am very soon leaving for a competitor. I will agree with everything you just said, it's actually why I was brought in. To help speculate where they were failing. Also, big things in 2022 from Lamborghini with ByBorre for all you shit talkers.

So no, I wasn't claiming I work for Lamborghini with a Lamborghini assplug lodged deep in my anal crevice the same way all you ACR diehards do I'm sure. (Only available on Subnet)

FlipFlop, I'm sure you'll gain more insight for Lamborghini interior once your dad dies and his full bank account is at your exposure. I'm assuming you still have a monthly credit limit until you're 50 years old? 

EDIT: 
also assuming that anyone that can afford acronym is using dad's credit card just reeks of salt and low self-esteem. try harder.

Edited by moneytalks

Look I don't give a fuck about cars either way, but no amount of explaining or shit talking will match flipflop's roast. this forum makes me laugh out loud like twice a year and that was one of them. know when to walk away, man.

1 hour ago, Rough Sleeper said:

I don't think this is fair comparison. Errolson just got greedy after seeing resale prices.

Acronym magic is gone for me, and maybe i'm not the only one:

It is quite a common trend that brands put 1-3k retail to expecting sale on 50% off. $1-2k for a jacket is stratospheric retail price for a designer brands. But E doesn't do sale (blatantly)

Greed is endemic in fashion, which is sad.

40 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

is this the same bag that's been passed around to multiple people? feel like i keep seeing it for sale.

Imagine talking about this cooked as fuck bag for 45 minutes and then thinking others might be interested…

8 hours ago, thatslapz said:

I didn't realize so many people had access to Acronym's books. I must be doing something wrong.  

Is this the equivalent of "Amazon is a perfectly great company. You aren't Jeff Bezos (aka you don't know how it really works), so shut up" or what? Is speculation so terrible nowadays that we shouldn't question the pricing practices (that we ultimately pay)?

50 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

Is this the equivalent of "Amazon is a perfectly great company. You aren't Jeff Bezos (aka you don't know how it really works), so shut up" or what? Is speculation so terrible nowadays that we shouldn't question the pricing practices (that we ultimately pay)?

What a shit take lol

comparing one of the richest people(Putin would like to have a word), to a small company that makes luxury clothing for a VERY FUCKING NARROW market is complete smooth brain bullshit

Oh also- this fucking herb needs to go the fuck off route

That last one is pretty damn ironic. You compose that shit in the mirror or what @mariahscarry

1 hour ago, Orientalq said:

No it's not. Amazon is a publicly traded company. I can literally look at their audited financial statements and reporting. Like, hundreds of pages, on their own site.

6 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Oh also- this fucking herb needs to go the fuck off route

That last one is pretty damn ironic. You compose that shit in the mirror or what @mariahscarry

Bruh how you gonna do him like that when you’re one of the ONLY people whose opinion he respects on this site lmao. The rest of us are too dumb and on errolson’s nuts to be respected by the big shot lambo designer lol. Imagine wishing death upon a stranger’s dad over a witty one liner on the internet...

At least this was all good for a chuckle

Just now, BRICK DOM said:

Bruh how you gonna do him like that when you’re one of the ONLY people whose opinion he respects on this site lmao. The rest of us are too dumb and on errolson’s nuts to be respected by the big shot lambo designer lol. Imagine wishing death upon a stranger’s dad over a witty one liner on the internet...

At least this was all good for a chuckle

No gods no masters

Dude dug his own grave by revealing his inner lack of swagger. 

Quality roast material tho, so there’s that at least:laugh2:

Props to @Flipflop214 for the killing strike. That shit was fucking comedy gold

14 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Yet there are lots and lots of posts on the internet asking for your "affordable" acrnm alternatives but simply none of them gets it quite on a level like the original. In the end you get something with a very unique design DNA and that is what enables such high price points for them and probably why most people buy it in the first place, with the "functionality" as added benefit.

Also the J1A is not a good example if you want to talk about "innovation" (meaning, completely new products) because it is reworked in iterations for 20 years now. Why not look at the current lineup instead? J82 and J84, very unique and new models, maybe with less "function" in terms of pockets etc. but still a very fresh design you won't find anywhere else. Speaking of functionality, the pockets on the (also new) P35-DS are really something else - you have like 11 of them and most are also really spacious, all of this without looking like a cargo pant at all.

And yes, J1L/J47 and P10 are all nothing new but then again, you can't re-invent the wheel on all models every season. Some people are also glad about re-iterations because they missed previous seasons and don't want to pay premium re-sell on used items.

The p35-DS are the pants I have been wearing more than any other as of late. They just work. The pockets are phenomenal and for me the perfect pair 

Posted (edited)

LOL he really put him on the summer jam screen.

Edited by JoseRizal

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Rough Sleeper said:

So what do you want to say? As a brand admirer I can't have opinion on the brand or Errolson and post it here? I understand that this is not the best place to have that kind of discussion because most people here are hardcore acronym fans and will buy canned tuna for 250EUR if it will have ACRONYM logo on it. But lets be real, my first acr purchase was J27GT and I paid 655 pounds, now it's 1736EUR, what changed since? Production in China costs more? It is made from next-level-nasa-approved fabric? The pattern is now 100 times more complex? Hyperinflation? Nothing changed apart Errolson's appetite and hype surrounding the brand (they even stopped producing dope seasonal videos). And to make things worse, they don't come up with anything good nowadays, take SS20 for example: J82-WS, J1L-GT J84-S, P35-DS all are laughable, nobody would eat up this shit if it wasn't Acronym. Yeah, P10-DS are amazing, but they were designed by Schneider, not Errolson. C1-AM? That shit was released 13 years ago. 

Whatever guys, I see you have more fun bragging about reviewing expensive cars, digging someones old tweets, talking about quality roast material (lmao) and downvoting me for having different opinions. Nothing to discuss here.

I was saying if you’re discussing the financial transparency of a company, it doesn’t make sense to compare a publicly traded company that publishes financials with a privately held company that does not publish financials.

To your second question, you can have whatever opinion you want. There are others here that share your views even if I do not. 

Edited by thatslapz

On 4/7/2020 at 12:43 PM, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

Anyone have any experience with over-dye on the acronym x nemen shirts like the S6C?  I've tried it on two different shirts using MX cold water dye and haven't been too happy with the results.  I like how uniform they look now, but the black looks a little greenish/grey rather than a nice deep black.  I thought maybe it was the source color, but I've tried over both the olive and the grey with the same result.  I'm worried that a hot water dye will shrink the shirts.  Any advice?

If anyone's interested, I ended up grabbing a different dye to try out.  This time I used a product from my local dye shop called simply black (Link).  This one is a hot water dye, and I used my washing machine rather than the bucket method.  I did 40g of dye rather than the recommended 20g.  I messed up the machine settings and accidentally used cold water instead of hot :unsure:.  However, I'm very happy with the results, and it came out a much nicer black than when I used the cold water MX dye.  The pic below shows the newly dyed S7 as compared to my S6 with the MX.  It's a much richer shade of black than the green/gray of the S6, and it's pretty close to the shade of the DS material on my P10s.  Note that the S7 was originally gray, and the S6 olive, but they both came out the same color after the MX dye.

Overall very happy with the result, and a much bigger fan of the rich solid color from the overdye as opposed to the faded original.  Will do the S6 with the new dye next and use proper water temp to see if it produces any different results.

IMG-0174.jpg

1 hour ago, thatslapz said:

I was saying if you’re discussing the financial transparency of a company, it doesn’t make sense to compare a publicly traded company that publishes financials with a privately held company that does not publish financials.

To your second question, you can have whatever opinion you want. There are others here that share your views even if I do not. 

I never questioned financial transparency of a company in the first place, I simply stated that I don't like his pricing strategy and that Errolson contradicts himself with his statements regarding price increase. I don't have a degree in finance, I just wanted to speculate on the future of the brand and vent my frustration.

I just checked 13 online shops that carry ACR from acrnm to coevo and (pretty much) everyone still has all sizes of J1L-GT which is ridiculous if you think that most shops buy pretty small amount of items. It may be COVID or may be what I said in previous post, we will see in the future, but I don't think that Errolson will back out of his decision.

Posted (edited)

stupid richtext editor

Edited by drgitlin

8 hours ago, Rough Sleeper said:

. Yeah, P10-DS are amazing, but they were designed by Schneider, not Errolson. 

And you know this how? 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

And you know this how? 

I just saw her portfolio, out of ±15 items that were released that season she only posted 3 or 4, so I believe she doesn't take credit on everything she laid her hand and I asked the Man itself sometime ago, he vaguely dodged the question with "collaborative effort" bs. And it's just simply more of her style while Errolson was into different pant patterns at that time. 

Signed, a man who is following ACRONYM without posting his stupid fits on instagram.

Edited by Rough Sleeper