Westbrook

Acronym.

The fabric pattern near the edge (around 1cm) is different and looks like it would stop the fraying. My explanation is that without the binding, the back of the jacket become more soft and smooth, less chance of developing “panty line” at the back of jacket. :rolleyes:

That being said, it’s only my speculation. I hope it is normal and I am not alone in the world. 

4 hours ago, kriztopher said:

The fabric pattern near the edge (around 1cm) is different and looks like it would stop the fraying. My explanation is that without the binding, the back of the jacket become more soft and smooth, less chance of developing “panty line” at the back of jacket. :rolleyes:

That being said, it’s only my speculation. I hope it is normal and I am not alone in the world. 

Its isn't an "unfinished" edge. The same special edge detail was on j68-s too. 

1 hour ago, Yan90 said:

Its isn't an "unfinished" edge. The same special edge detail was on j68-s too. 

Thanks. Good to hear :)

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, kriztopher said:

I have the same finishing detail on mine (if you look closely it is professionally finished). if it was finished as per the the other internal edges it would possibly be too stiff? and slightly uncomfortable / awkward against the upper back and shoulders?

I've worn mine (J84) on a few errand runs these last few days and I'm really happy with it. I was a little curious about the sizing but glad I stuck to my normal size; if I went down a size it would be too short. i'm mostly wearing it popped (?) and not zipped. the temp has been fluctuating between 10-20c here (!) and it's kept me comfortable in all of that whilst walking / casually cycling around. the pockets hold a phenomenal amount without it looking like your colostomy bag needs emptying. the TensionZip pocket entry is super useful when faffing around at the self checkouts and easy to close / access whilst on the bike. the collar sits nicely when the jacket isn't fully fastened - mine seems to sit closer to the body than the Mothersite pictures suggest (it looks like it's floating in at least one of the shots). and i love the hood... maybe the novelty will wear off, but it sits on my peanut head rather nice.

marginal gains overall, but that's late stage capitalism life, right?

Edited by mikon_nikon

9 hours ago, kriztopher said:

Received the j84 in raf and I really like it. Very minimalistic yet the boxy cut is very stylish, should be a very versatile piece. However I notice something strange, can anyone who got the j84 check if you have the same. See the photo and the back piece inside the jacket seem to be missing the edge binding. Not sure whether it is intentional. 

My J44-SD from last season has the same type of edge in the same spot, so +1 on it being intentional and not a defect.

It looks like that's the selvedge, pretty nice consideration if so

3 hours ago, mikon_nikon said:

i'm mostly wearing it popped (?) and not zipped.

I like to wear it popped as well. Took me a second to try to zip the thing :laugh2:

On 5/2/2020 at 1:46 PM, kobebean said:

How's the shedding on the C1? 

Hasn't been an issue so far.  

@mikon_nikon @kriztopher thanks for sharing your impressions on the J84, any fit pics would be great too :) 

Posted (edited)

Some pics of the S23-AK. This is my first Acr knit piece and I'm really enjoying the openness of the fabric. Seems to optimize the temperature regulation of the wool and make it useable in different environments/temps. It's a bit of an oversized fit on me, but nothing too extreme. Pretty good deal as far as Acr goes too. 

IMG_6570.thumb.jpeg.f6e5e4cc20b4bffa0ae0ac721e8be1fd.jpeg

IMG_6591.thumb.jpeg.86cd6cce4c0d569c1ebfd0d6720cff32.jpegIMG_6582.thumb.jpeg.52ed0f3eae1b6237189a262789bb410c.jpeg

Edited by kobebean

anyone has an idea if there will be a SP^shortpant or SP28TS-DS edit still to come for SS20? thanks

@kobebean doesn't look oversized at all though it admittedly isn't as painted-on as some of your other fits (which is a good thing)

@kobebean the fit on that s23 looks spot on, def not oversized imo

thanks dudes. it's def the intended fit- loose, long and breezy. will try and share some impressions of the C1 shortly. 

On 5/2/2020 at 4:01 AM, HumphreytheWarrior said:

All the Corona Viruses for sure, and all the fake and bogus medical masks and gloves!!! We are really going to have to take a look at what we buy from China in the future. Luxury products and toys like iPhones ok. Drugs and essential health products  . . .no way!

yikes just leave

Question for anyone else who picked up the J84-S, did yours come with a 2 way zip? Was mentioned and shown in product pictures but mine just arrived and there is only a single slider. image1.jpg.08be01403e3160297abfa50f91eb7cd9.jpgimage0.jpg.eaad91b7865153954dced8be802f81a4.jpg1925996937_image2(4).jpg.6646ae9890480f0e1bf7f08c3c84cf96.jpg   

Your question aside, that is a nicer shade of RAF than what's on the website.

Posted (edited)

@SlackJackflack welcome to Acronym, where terms can mean whatever the fuck E wants it to. Didn't see a secondary zip pull on the product shots though. Maybe he means it zips 2 ways, up and to the side.

He's done the same before when numbering amount of pockets.

Edited by X.bee

7 minutes ago, X.bee said:

@SlackJackflack welcome to Acronym, where terms can mean whatever the fuck E wants it to. Didn't see a secondary zip pull on the product shots though. Maybe he means it zips 2 ways, up and to the side.

He's done the same before when numbering amount of pockets.

ACR_SS20_J84-S-064.thumb.jpg.ec6a027c08bd1082f8be46a976682f4f.jpgACR_SS20_J84-S-008.thumb.jpg.5fa904a950807d464536e8134697becb.jpg

can see collar zipped while bottom is unzipped in first one and can see the other pulltab in the other pic. I went ahead and emailed as well just to be sure but not the worst error imaginable.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SlackJackflack said:

Question for anyone else who picked up the J84-S, did yours come with a 2 way zip? Was mentioned and shown in product pictures but mine just arrived and there is only a single slider. image1.jpg.08be01403e3160297abfa50f91eb7cd9.jpgimage0.jpg.eaad91b7865153954dced8be802f81a4.jpg1925996937_image2(4).jpg.6646ae9890480f0e1bf7f08c3c84cf96.jpg   

my black one is same with this situation

Edited by alo1333

He could have not zipped it at all, put the zipper puller to the top and used the metal buttons to keep em together tho

6 hours ago, SlackJackflack said:

ACR_SS20_J84-S-064.thumb.jpg.ec6a027c08bd1082f8be46a976682f4f.jpgACR_SS20_J84-S-008.thumb.jpg.5fa904a950807d464536e8134697becb.jpg

can see collar zipped while bottom is unzipped in first one and can see the other pulltab in the other pic. I went ahead and emailed as well just to be sure but not the worst error imaginable.

Mine are the same as yours and I think you are right, I don’t realise before you posted this. You can just about see the bottom slider. I think they will have to recall them just like they did on the j63a. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 11:35 PM, Yardsale said:

Your question aside, that is a nicer shade of RAF than what's on the website.

That's typical for the raf stotz raf though isn't it? My P10A-S looks like that or green like on the website, depending on the lighting.

Edited by hentaiyarou69

The same situation was observed with J55-MP (but it was one way ykk zipper on the pic from mothersite instead of 2 way raccagni irl)

ACR-FW1516-2105.jpg

muzhskaya-kurtka-bomber-acronym-x-nemen-j55-mp-object-dyed-multiprene-black-1.jpg

i'm guessing the pictures are generally of production samples because all photography needs to be finished by the time the main collection rolls out of the factory.

Would be 10x nicer if the jacket zip is 2 way 

ALL jackets should come with a 2-way zip...imo. I swear E is the master of non-functioning functional clothing. From my personal experience, most ACR systems/subsystems fall very short from their marketed offerings. I've never really considered myself a die hard ACR fan, only someone who really appreciates intuitive design w/ function. I can think of a couple designers today who are executing "function" far superior to E. 

I wouldn’t go anywhere near so far as to say ‘non-functioning clothing’. The patterning by and large is very conducive to high speed/low drag non restrictive movement (when sized appropriately, very important point here imo). Pocket placement is typically well considered and mechanically efficient, and tends to evolve across iterations. Fabric use is typically well considered and appropriate for the design.

That being said...

Gravity pockets are essentially useless for their intended purpose

Interops is HIGHLY situational IMO

Forcelock is not very practical (if at all) in the day and age of wireless earbuds