Westbrook

Acronym.

Posted (edited)

Literally no one said it's a well done rep

Edited by uboraan

Anyone know if Cashllama silk and Cashllama wool shrink?  Googling seems to suggest it doesn’t, which I’m skeptical of.

4 hours ago, NCiao said:

Anyone know if Cashllama silk and Cashllama wool shrink?  Googling seems to suggest it doesn’t, which I’m skeptical of.

I'd hand wash and hang dry so that if there was any shrink the weight should pull it true again, or fork up for dry cleaning, thankfully silk and wool are pretty antimicrobial materials so they shouldn't build up body oder too quickly?(speculation on my part)

8 hours ago, urcr said:

Thanks guys ! That's a bad news for me, I was about to re-sell it, but obviously it's not legit ... I have to say that this is a quite well done one tho, 

But thanks for having helped me !

You’re whack, wouldn’t surprise me if you’re the one making and selling that shit. 

Posted (edited)

J1A-GTKP showed up today. Awesome to see Acronym in navy and yellow, and i've even come around on the text, but size M is too big for me =/ if anyone with bomb feedback wants it at retail + customs before I list to grailed, or wants to trade their S (long shot I know), hit me up

I notice that the knits are no longer listed on acrnm.com which is interesting because a few vendors seem to be erroneously selling them early. maybe preparing to release tomorrow?

also -- you can apparently pay UPS customs fees online now, but they held it because they wanted my SSN due to the product being made in china. always something holding up acronym deliveries :)

Edited by eidolarr

8 hours ago, eidolarr said:

J1A-GTKP showed up today. Awesome to see Acronym in navy and yellow, and i've even come around on the text, but size M is too big for me =/ if anyone with bomb feedback wants it at retail + customs before I list to grailed, or wants to trade their S (long shot I know), hit me up

I notice that the knits are no longer listed on acrnm.com which is interesting because a few vendors seem to be erroneously selling them early. maybe preparing to release tomorrow?

also -- you can apparently pay UPS customs fees online now, but they held it because they wanted my SSN due to the product being made in china. always something holding up acronym deliveries :)

Shirt, Crewneck & J84 just dropped, so I guess they took them off the website to update the page.

Posted (edited)

S23-AK S and M already sold out. Luckily where quick enough to grab an M, lets hope it will fit!

J84-S Hood looks a bit like the one on the J1E. Not sure what to think about it yet. Also, who noticed the P22-S restock?

Edited by dixonschneider

Posted (edited)

really like the J84 construction and cut, hood/bucket concept looks interesting too! :)

Edited by daniel

J84 does look interesting. But why make that chest pocket internal access and not Napoleon under the placket?

E looks like he put on his dads jacket to go have a snowball fight with his friends

ACR_SS20_J84-S-008.jpg

Hanon seems to no longer charge VAT for out of UK purchases so effectively 20% off for american consumers, just a heads up as this is news to me after Montrose was the cheapest distributor for a while, but seems to have stopped carrying acr over the weekend?

Posted (edited)

Playing sekiro now and it isn’t helping. I keep revisiting the site to look. Mmhmm

Edited by acronympogchamp

1 hour ago, DROVES said:

Hanon seems to no longer charge VAT for out of UK purchases so effectively 20% off for american consumers, just a heads up as this is news to me after Montrose was the cheapest distributor for a while, but seems to have stopped carrying acr over the weekend?

They're not supposed to collect VAT for non-UK/EU purchases (and Hanon certainly didn't back in the day). I've previously brought this up with 18montrose and told them to politely fuck off when they refused to discount that on a US purchase. The retailer gets said VAT amount refunded from the local agency on these kinds of international sales, so it's some pretty un-ethical (and illegal?) profiteering on their part.

Plenty of other retailers out there, vote with your wallet-

19 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

They're not supposed to collect VAT for non-UK/EU purchases (and Hanon certainly didn't back in the day). I've previously brought this up with 18montrose and told them to politely fuck off when they refused to discount that on a US purchase. The retailer gets said VAT amount refunded from the local agency on these kinds of international sales, so it's some pretty un-ethical (and illegal?) profiteering on their part.

Plenty of other retailers out there, vote with your wallet-

Thinking montrose may have finally got scolded about this because based on the prices of the last few drops VAT has to be removed. I've had the same experience in the past, Hanon always did and 18montrose didn't for the longest time.

4 hours ago, segue said:

ACR_SS20_J84-S-008.jpg

TFW you left something at home and have to run back. Lol. J/p E. 

any us retailers selling raf j84?

S23-AK came in. Quite fast delivery this time!

I have to say its a nice made knit piece but it really is wide/long. Even had to roll up the arms. I have picked my normal size (medium) but would have preferred to size down. Not sure if i'll keep it, size small is sadly already sold out at every european retailer i know though.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:20 AM, DROVES said:

I’ve never bought something that expensive from out of the country. Would I pay customs fees on a pair of P10-DS if I got them from Hanon? Living in Brooklyn, currently.

^looks really great!!, please add some more pics (RAF styling) if you want too!, thanks

Posted (edited)

^x P10 profile looks really nice. Nice boots btw. :) many thanks!

Edited by daniel

^^ wow didn't know it would look so great with RAF. personally like the RAF more than the black. 

great stuff as usual, HH.

This isn't that techwear reddit but I thought this video's explanatory voice-over by the acronym alternatives guy was well-made and is one of the few acronym videos on youtube worth watching. 

Still, in my personal opinion the GTKP is a cosplay piece and is a sore thumb in this seasons collection as gamer gear.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

This vid is just marvellous, the DS reference and gaming sound effect turn it up a notch.

Edited by dreamboatjustsoul

4 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

With RAF :) 

DSC07150.thumb.jpg.bff0012d9c3d1be016200f5d6ada567e.jpg

DSC07139.thumb.jpg.e6fc162f0e8c5143394bf5fdf99407ac.jpg

exactally what i was thinking about this j1a by thoese design details(the vivid chest pocket). Also early days acrnm was too quite often used by die-hard outdoor dudes. It makes sense if the prices back to some rational level yet met the whole global situation by support people back to their normal life or help us rethinking hows good to this planet, so does the game as well.

Does look good with Raf. Night would probably be great as well though maybe get too into full ds cosplay.

But papa hugh could start being good to the planet by not using gtx. Plenty of performance fabric from recycled materials these days.