Westbrook

Acronym.

have you tried paclite? im not sure delamination is possible with it.... but regardless I found it the easiest to keep clean, and being goretex it's not exactly going to develop patina or start thinning out like cotton.

i envy you j1a-gtv owners!

I think the common issue of delamination is purely due to improper care (e.g. infrequent washing due to fear of fading). It's the dry clean only mentality that comes with a $1k+ jacket, delamination is not inevitable and definitely avoidable with proper care.

Paclite feels to me like wearing a biodegradable plastic bag, Goretex Pro much preferred lol

6 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

With the constant requests of getting a repair I would like to ask for your experience which type could last?

GT has a constant problem with delamination from my own experience with 4 or 5 different jackets and what we can read here and see at Grailed 

CH was great but creates a patina very fast. 

how about Stotz, SD and the new Nylon of the latest E named jackets?

E - unbeatable af. no patina at all. still like new after evereday wear (about 6 months).

S creates patina faster than CH

CH- ( schoeller WB-400 softshell) has a constant problem with delamination too.

5 hours ago, overeasy said:

I think the common issue of delamination is purely due to improper care (e.g. infrequent washing due to fear of fading). It's the dry clean only mentality that comes with a $1k+ jacket, delamination is not inevitable and definitely avoidable with proper care.

Paclite feels to me like wearing a biodegradable plastic bag, Goretex Pro much preferred lol

I’m admittedly paranoid about this. Is there a “definitive guide” to cleaning floating around somewhere on this forum? Particularly the GT Pro. Also, the Acronym CS folk said for the J58-ws one should clean it monthly-ish.

Damn. There is a faq we compiled. Y’all lazy and shouldn’t be rewarded with responses.

Delamination is inevitable—especially with two different fabrics but proper garment care can considerably prolong useful life. 

6 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Damn. There is a faq we compiled. Y’all lazy and shouldn’t be rewarded with responses.

Delamination is inevitable—especially with two different fabrics but proper garment care can considerably prolong useful life. 

Did not realize that was shared appreciate it.

For those others who are lost: 

17 hours ago, Yan90 said:

E - unbeatable af. no patina at all. still like new after evereday wear (about 6 months).

S creates patina faster than CH

CH- ( schoeller WB-400 softshell) has a constant problem with delamination too.

The patina you get from S is my personal favourite though. Without a dou t the most beautiful aging material acr offers. 

On 2/10/2020 at 12:58 PM, daniel said:

just ordered the Z1-J1A-POSTER-2-PACK set, will give an update once its here ;) have a nice day !

got the Z1-J1A-POSTER-2-PACK set just today.

it's a nice piece of work and the paper has a good quality to it, (I do have a few Jacob Bannon pieces here too)

What really sucks is what went wrong with the shipping.

Althought it was well packed an it's less then 275 km from Sumperk to my destination, the tubepackaging has (only a slight crack) - but this has been totally enough to have an impact on both posters all the way through.  :( I don't think this will get off easy within ages.

Please be aware of this :(

Edited by daniel

On 2/17/2020 at 3:06 PM, jeddyhsu said:

People are spending $325-$375 on a $25 zine :'( 

would it be too much wishful thinking if i hoped E and team secretly bought those listings off grailed, got the reseller's paypal info, and blacklisted from the mothersite?

13 hours ago, iamundying said:

would it be too much wishful thinking if i hoped E and team secretly bought those listings off grailed, got the reseller's paypal info, and blacklisted from the mothersite?

That sounds like a lot of work for a small team that just made $7,000 (net, not profit) off of magazines.

Reselling is a part of hype and hype is what sells acr at the moment.

I wanna return something I bought at the mothersite via UPS but they want a contact person and phone number. Has anyone got info what I do need to state?

(sorry that I need to ask, I am sure we had this before but I just can’t find the post..)

Edited by dixonschneider

2 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

I wanna return something I bought at the mothersite via UPS but they want a contact person and phone number. Has anyone got info what I do need to state?

(sorry that I need to ask, I am sure we had this before but I just can’t find the post..)

What are you returning? Just curious 

P30A-DS had the correct HTS designation per my conversation with UPS.

Duties were like $170, so the effective rate was  ~18%.

Did anyone wind up purchasing a J33-E? I haven’t seen fits anywhere with it… and yet I’m intrigued by it…

9 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

You should probably state yourself as a contact person and give them your phone number.

Thats not what i meant, they require a contact and phone number from the recipient. I'll email acrnm about it, but if anyone knows anything, please let me know.

Returning a P30A-DS, btw.

acrnm return.PNG

3 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Thats not what i meant, they require a contact and phone number from the recipient. I'll email acrnm about it, but if anyone knows anything, please let me know.

Returning a P30A-DS, btw.

acrnm return.PNG

Best should be to get in touch with them before the return that they know it and instruct how to handle 

16 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Not sure who the contact person might be, but the phone number is +420608434086. Photo attached was the return label address for the j63a auxzip issue

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 8.30.23 AM.png

Edited by deathrazr

13 hours ago, appolez said:

P30A-DS had the correct HTS designation per my conversation with UPS.

Duties were like $170, so the effective rate was  ~18%.

Ah thats not right....

At least not for USA

Edited by wexler

6 minutes ago, wexler said:

Ah thats not right....

At least not for USA

I'm in the US.

The HTS rate they applied was 7.1% (Synthetic/RPO/Water Resistant Trousers).  Add in the 7.5% for the adjusted China tariff effective 1/1/2020, plus the UPS brokerage fees and it seems close to correct for me. 

1 hour ago, appolez said:

Add in the 7.5% for the adjusted China tariff effective 1/1/2020, plus the UPS brokerage fees and it seems close to correct for me. 

That’s why bought last year so they were half that. Good to know about the added tariff.

let's hope acrnm sticks to shipping only clothes and via ups

IMG_9787.thumb.jpg.94a2e176060a177032d02bcad4056adb.jpg

43 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

let's hope acrnm sticks to shipping only clothes and via ups

IMG_9787.thumb.jpg.94a2e176060a177032d02bcad4056adb.jpg

DAMN. Looks like the top cap pushed into the poster. 

I didn’t mention the water damage on the opposite side 

2 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

I didn’t mention the water damage on the opposite side 

Are you gonna try and contact them about it? You would think they would provide a sleeve for the posters, at the very least.

That was my biggest concern with the posters. It's almost impossible to buy posters and receive them in good condition, especially rolled up. :( 

3 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

Are you gonna try and contact them about it? You would think they would provide a sleeve for the posters, at the very least.

That was my biggest concern with the posters. It's almost impossible to buy posters and receive them in good condition, especially rolled up. :( 

Best I can do is mention the flaws but I really won’t hold my breath for a quality response.