Westbrook

Acronym.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:31 AM, SNg said:

Make sure it's clean and wash it when it gets dirty. Here's a video that's been reposted before. If you haven't been washing it regularly, you might actually see some additional delamination after the wash.

Thanks, I've already reffered to the video but was hoping that there was I could do.

Time to wash!

Will be selling this so i'm looking for an ID on this? It's a DS shirt from a good while back. 

q489omO.jpg

Edited by deadcrow

1 minute ago, deadcrow said:

Will be selling this so i'm looking for an ID on this? It's a DS shirt from a good while back. 

q489omO.jpg

The sheen and patina on the shirt makes me feel like it’s not DS. Have a pic of the tag?

3 minutes ago, solographik said:

The sheen and patina on the shirt makes me feel like it’s not DS. Have a pic of the tag?

Has a 3XDRY Schoeller tag in it. Sheen of the fabric makes the shirt look heavier patina'd (?) than it actually is. Also pretty sure the older DS was different from the current version they work with.

Edited by deadcrow

3xdry is a finish that can be applied pretty much any fabric. Like you could theoretically have cotton 3xdry. Dryskin is a softshell material.

6 hours ago, deadcrow said:

q489omO.jpg

this is S-LA1 / FW0708

Edited by daniel

how many members here reside in NYC? Would a meetup for trades be interesting to anybody? Just a thought.

On 1/27/2020 at 5:47 PM, ray. said:

I understand there's some contention in this thread with people who upsize when their size is sold out.

My question might've suggested that, hence my downvote and your upvotes.

I can't tell if you're being sanctimonious so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and explain myself:

I sized by my shoulder width which the jacket fits. Unfortunately I have short limbs and this is a problem I have with jackets, shirts, and pants—they're almost always too long and require altering. Also why I like the P30 and am wary of the P10.

And @brainerd666 you made an absolutely useless contribution with your downvote. Good luck with your life.

Hah! This from the herb that has to take the time to call me out on a niche Internet forum. LOLOLOLOL. Take your upvote and go back to clown town. 

Edited by brainerd666
Meh

4 hours ago, lv d0n said:

Opinions on the SM1-AK? 

Thinking of getting one for next winter. 

Love it.  Very warm, and super soft.  Tassels are dope.  The fold into its own pocket feature is kinda useless tho. 

8 hours ago, lv d0n said:

Opinions on the SM1-AK? 

Thinking of getting one for next winter. 

4 hours ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

Love it.  Very warm, and super soft.  Tassels are dope.  The fold into its own pocket feature is kinda useless tho. 

Seconded 

7 hours ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

I use the option of the pocket very often and like it.

10 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

I use the option of the pocket very often and like it.

Any concerns about tearing the stitching? It feels very tight for me, which is why I don't ever fold it into itself.

3 hours ago, brian_g said:

Any concerns about tearing the stitching? It feels very tight for me, which is why I don't ever fold it into itself.

No problems 

perhaps slightly off topic, but I thought this might be of interest to some here. linked to the Iowa fiasco are a super PAC advised by David Plouffe (UBER & Obama strategist) called ACRONYM. their spin off tech agency 'Shadow Inc.' supposedly built the app (that failed) to report the votes. if that nomenclature were a coincidence, the logo design...

quite literally another ACRONYM. https://www.anotheracronym.org/

nothing be sacred.

IOWA?Acronym.png

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 07.52.06.png

Having worked in the design industry for more than 20 years now i'd like to note that there is a lot of convergent evolution in design. Sometimes you end up designing something that turns out to already exist, simply because you followed the same logic in designing it. It's happened to me before, and what looks like a copy can just be overlap in outcome. 

That said, the similarities in overall concept, down to the choice of type, are hard to interpret as mere coincidence. Edit: especially since they're stylizing the name in capitals in running text.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

"shadow" being some kind of spin off subsidiary really seals it. it's unfortunately not surprising at all that a disastrous attempt to combine political process and technology would be the hotbed of a misconstrued Acronym aesthetic. 

^ was pretty surprised when reading the PR statement, as it totally felt like an ACR rip - before even seeing the logo. Very convergent w/ Dominic Cummings' Blue Ant obsession...

Speaking of Gibson... At his talk in London this week, I've noticed a few guys decked out in Acronym, rather unsurprising, I just wonder if it was someone from SuFu... 

Edited by Brainboy
Typo

Anyone tried washing their J44-SD yet? How did it hold up? Did it have any effect on the sort of wave pattern in the fabric that seems to increase with wear?

On 2/7/2020 at 8:14 AM, Yardsale said:

I met him on a plane recently. We were both wearing Acronym in first class.

IMG_1411.jpeg

Real one rocking what looks like a J1a 2.0 

16 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

Real one rocking what looks like a J1a 2.0 

I believe it was a J1b there wasn't a flak pocket (possibly because he's also left-handed like myself) and the flak pocket sucks for interops left-handers.

54 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

I believe it was a J1b there wasn't a flak pocket (possibly because he's also left-handed like myself) and the flak pocket sucks for interops left-handers.

Interesting because the hood seems to be a micro-grid ting as far as I can tell. Maybe he's got a one-off o.O

16 minutes ago, msoldano said:

Interesting because the hood seems to be a micro-grid ting as far as I can tell. Maybe he's got a one-off o.O

That's what I was going to say. If anybody happens to run into him, please take a pic, would love to see that, although unlikely hahaha. 

It's a J1B from what I can tell, though the shoulder detail is a bit particular.

5d366af1c4fb3022f60f9a24e67d680f--william-gibson.jpg

meet-the-creative-minds-behind-the-new-acronym-x-nike-collaboration-body-image-1486495160.jpg

1 hour ago, Yardsale said:

It's a J1B from what I can tell, though the shoulder detail is a bit particular.

5d366af1c4fb3022f60f9a24e67d680f--william-gibson.jpg

meet-the-creative-minds-behind-the-new-acronym-x-nike-collaboration-body-image-1486495160.jpg

Blessed images

Some sort of poster up on the mother site. The most affordable acronym anything you’ll ever buy. 

Edit: there was a zine too but it’s sold out. You guys are quick. 

Edited by LowLevelViolence