Westbrook

Acronym.

Anyone has an idea about how to shrink the J65-KM back to its og size?

Mine goes to 75cm from 70cm in length and it is unwearable now as an insulator.

I have tried soaking with hot water and steam ironing but none of both works. 

8 minutes ago, Konzentriert said:

Hot wash cycle launder?

~Lefty

2 hours ago, LeftyJeenyus said:

Hot wash cycle launder?

~Lefty

Not sure, not tried.

Currently it is not available for me.

Went to Dry Cleaning, being told not possible to restore it.

Question for all: How do you wear your sleeves if they're too long? Mine goes past my thumbs. I tried tightening the cuffs but it just causes some uncomfortable bunching. I'm currently cuffing the sleeves once.

@scamster The stretch is natural to the piece due to the fibers that make up KM. 5cm is hardly noticable in wear and shouldn't deter you from experiencing it.

@Konzentriert A delicate wash/tumble dry will shrink it.

4 hours ago, ray. said:

Question for all: How do you wear your sleeves if they're too long? Mine goes past my thumbs. I tried tightening the cuffs but it just causes some uncomfortable bunching. I'm currently cuffing the sleeves once.

this issue is usually sorted by buying the correct size in the first place

9 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

@scamster The stretch is natural to the piece due to the fibers that make up KM. 5cm is hardly noticable in wear and shouldn't deter you from experiencing it.

@Konzentriert A delicate wash/tumble dry will shrink it.

I am wearing it as an insulator underneath the J47TS in size M.

It now appears to be longer than the shell when wearing together.

Gonna try washing it today.

Edited by Konzentriert

On 1/21/2020 at 9:05 PM, Konzentriert said:

How exactly is it ‘unwearable’? If it peeks past the bottom hem of the 47 just hike it up a bit and cinch the damn hem shock cord already.

That’s what I’ve done with my 72-Ak when paired with the new school J36 when the temps drop below 10 degrees Fahrenheit 

Edited by brainerd666

Quick J58-WS update. Just arrived today. Fits exactly like I was hoping (I'm medium, 32 waist, 40 chest, 182cm 80kg). I can layer thinner things under it and it was fine (thinner fleece, but not a chunky sweater for example). Walking around I didn't find it bunched as someone mentioned. The warmth is great, and the pockets are huge. I don't have the previous version as a reference though, so comparisons are limited.

My only hesitation is that the material feels quite delicate, including those in the pockets. I feel like that might give me pause at times (my philosophy is to wear things fairly hard, especially if they're expensive), but unsure what experience and perspective others might have with this material.

Anyway, overall I've never owned an insulator that I've really enjoyed wearing independently, and have struggled a bit to find one that blends in with other pieces when layered. This definitely feels like it will fill that gap, but let's see.

2 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Anyone ever tried to fix GT delamination with ironing?

Tried to fix CH- delamination. Didn't work

2 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Anyone ever tried to fix GT delamination with ironing?

The only delamination spot I have on my J47A-GT is (I suspect) due to pro-longed contact with a radiator... I'm not sure heat will help fix it.

Edited by hentaiyarou69

9 hours ago, andrewlb said:

Quick J58-WS update. Just arrived today. Fits exactly like I was hoping (I'm medium, 32 waist, 40 chest, 182cm 80kg). I can layer thinner things under it and it was fine (thinner fleece, but not a chunky sweater for example). Walking around I didn't find it bunched as someone mentioned. The warmth is great, and the pockets are huge. I don't have the previous version as a reference though, so comparisons are limited.

My only hesitation is that the material feels quite delicate, including those in the pockets. I feel like that might give me pause at times (my philosophy is to wear things fairly hard, especially if they're expensive), but unsure what experience and perspective others might have with this material.

Anyway, overall I've never owned an insulator that I've really enjoyed wearing independently, and have struggled a bit to find one that blends in with other pieces when layered. This definitely feels like it will fill that gap, but let's see.

For it's weight and properties, the WS will hold up very well.  I treat/wear them the same as I would GT Pro.  The only WS item (of 9) I had issues with was the 46WS, which was a couple small holes due to the metal zipper.  A GT patch fixed the issue.  My J25WS which I have used heavily for five years  has held up great, minus the inside layer is beginning to deteriorate around the neck.  The other benefit of GT is the network of authorized repairers that will fix anything you wouldn't want to DIY. 

Edited by thatslapz

14 hours ago, thatslapz said:

For it's weight and properties, the WS will hold up very well.  I treat/wear them the same as I would GT Pro.  The only WS item (of 9) I had issues with was the 46WS, which was a couple small holes due to the metal zipper.  A GT patch fixed the issue.  My J25WS which I have used heavily for five years  has held up great, minus the inside layer is beginning to deteriorate around the neck.  The other benefit of GT is the network of authorized repairers that will fix anything you wouldn't want to DIY. 

Really appreciate this context. So basically, I shouldn’t stress wearing a messenger bag or backpack (though maybe not the sandpaper that is a goruck bag).

J58 1st Gen / P24S /  Union Jordan

IMG_8009.jpg

IMG_8010.jpg

J58 / P10S / Sacai Waffle

IMG_8011.jpg

IMG_8014.jpg

Edited by ArmandGLA
as

There’s a dedicated thread for fits @ArmandGLA 

Unless you’re trying to do some type of comparison fit type of thing for the new 58? Which doesn’t explain the poses/sneaker change...

Can attest to the warmth of the 1.2. I’ve been wearing it all over NYC this past week, usually with just a short sleeve or long sleeve tee underneath, and it’s been more than enough for the 20-35° temps. Seems to breathe okay too, when transitioning from outdoors to subway cars, a simple unbuttoning of the cuffs and loosening of the zippers is enough to air out.

On 1/23/2020 at 7:56 AM, andrewlb said:

Quick J58-WS update. Just arrived today. Fits exactly like I was hoping (I'm medium, 32 waist, 40 chest, 182cm 80kg). Walking around I didn't find it bunched as someone mentioned. The warmth is great, and the pockets are huge. I don't have the previous version as a reference though, so comparisons are limited.

I will be wearing it tomorrow with the j1a or another soft shell myself. I will say that it does hug at the bottom snuggly, but not overly. The cuff snaps are better not tightened. I could wear it tightened, just not at my comfort level. The pockets do feel huge and feel similar to that, but not equivalent to the 78. I can feel what E was noting in the variation changes. As for the insulator heft independence, I will try it alone soon, but comparing between the 78 and this solo, I liked the 78 as an independent, when I had tried it(not as snug at the hem). With the hard wear thing, I'm in the same boat, if I bought it for personal use and its pricey, I'm going to wear it as its meant to.

1 hour ago, frenchbulldog said:

Can attest to the warmth of the 1.2. I’ve been wearing it all over NYC this past week, usually with just a short sleeve or long sleeve tee underneath, and it’s been more than enough for the 20-35° temps. Seems to breathe okay too, when transitioning from outdoors to subway cars, a simple unbuttoning of the cuffs and loosening of the zippers is enough to air out.

The 58 does feel like it doesn't leave too much to layer like a hoodie, but does leave enought for like a button down, flannel maybe, or tee, A sweater seems like overkill with this, but I'll update with experience.

Man, I hate the duties($230.41 NYC >:( ).

~Lefty

Edited by LeftyJeenyus

j78 has been my go to since getting it. it was very easy to wear standalone or with a hoody under no problem. fit is spot on and cuffs/hem are great. only issue for me was that it was only slightly too puffy to fit under some of my shells which made me look somewhat bulky.

11 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

j78 has been my go to since getting it. it was very easy to wear standalone or with a hoody under no problem. fit is spot on and cuffs/hem are great. only issue for me was that it was only slightly too puffy to fit under some of my shells which made me look somewhat bulky.

J78 would be perfect if the front pocket can be open from both side, like the interior pocket. It’s too much of a hassle to access the pocket wearing it under a shell when I am so used to the pocket on the j74 and j63a. 
Sometimes I feel like the j78 is only meant to be a stand alone jacket and not suppose to be worn under a shell. 

Edited by kriztopher

Something I forgot to acknowledge re: J58 is that all of the 1.2 “changes” that Errolson mentioned on IG already existed on version 1.1...

The only main difference between .1 and .2 is the primaloft gold active. 

Idle thought: I wonder when Acronym will release an N95 mask. Seems the right venn diagram of technical, ninja, and functional.

14 hours ago, andrewlb said:

Idle thought: I wonder when Acronym will release an N95 mask. Seems the right venn diagram of technical, ninja, and functional.

Coevo mask doesn’t count?

2 hours ago, beepy said:

Can someone identify the season on this?

21D17561-5EC8-4E92-B33C-AA1FE3069A9E.jpeg

B4C4D403-DC56-4DF4-A190-63973E0837B4.jpeg

N-J1 FW0506