Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

If we’re taking about shipping back to acrnm vs somewhere local-ish, then yeah, it’s not the most ecological option. But any repair is still going to be more sustainable than buying something new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested in the J58-WS but unsure on sizing. I have a J78-WS small that fits perfectly. Not sure if that means I should get a S in the J58 as well or go with the size that has the most similar measurements which seems to be the XS. I'd prefer the J58 to have a slimmer look but I'm concerned about the bunching due to the cinch that people have mentioned. I'm 5'10" slim build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had both. And my personal opinion 78 fits on the larger side. 
I would go medium with the j58. 
you could still go small if you want a tighter perfect fit but you wouldn’t be able to layer well. Go small if you want it purely as in insulator 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, frenchbulldog said:

@JoseRizal USA. The UPS agent informed me that ACR listed it with the proper tariff code.

had a similar experience to everyone else.

UPS logistics reached out and asked for ssn and I used the opportunity to mention the tariff code. Person on the phone mentioned that although acr code was generic, they(UPS) applied their own specific code that brought it down to 4.2% (6201.99.1530), but they also mentioned that they would still have to apply the 15% china tariff so I'm not sure how you got out of that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 10:01 PM, MangoSushi said:

Got hit with $434 CAD in duties and taxes lol... Has anyone ever declined the delivery and asked UPS to return the package without paying fees?

I have in the past, but the package was not from Acronym and it arrived via Canada Post not UPS. Canada Post just had me sign a form declining the package and they said they would return it to the sender. Now getting a refund from the shipper is another thing entirely.

Edited by HumphreytheWarrior
additional info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello :)

I have a small bit of delamination occurring on my J1A 2.0,and am curious as how I should go about ensuring it doesn't get worse. 

I know I can't reverse or fix the delam, just curious how to keep it as is. 

 

Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 1:36 PM, Xu Jianfeng said:

For recent years, least 5. I wrote around 3 mails and filling the form to get any repair information.

Only one replied and it’s for 3a-1 limonta, quoting similar like yours and some “we will reaching you soon with some potentials solutions” the result is clear, 2 years later nothing ever updated. 

For another 2 repair form I kind assume they were directly ignored for “sustainable consideration”

 

 

lol

Never had a problem with the acrnm repairing service. Wrote about 5-7 emails. They've always solved my problems. 

Just received an answer from them within 2 days. 

Снимок.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any experience replacing the main crotch zipper on acronym pants? 

The zip on my P10TS-DS broke and I need to get it fixed. Was given 2 choices by acronym, to send it back for repairs (but they said they were quite busy so it might take a long ass time) or they could send me the zip and get it fixed at a local tailor. 

Is there something special about the construction of that area, that would make me rethink taking it to a local tailor? Or is it a simple enough process where it would be hard to fuck up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 11:11 AM, appolez said:

Yep, same thing happened with me re: SSN.  

The convenient thing is that I was able to apply a more specific HTS code for the J58 on the same call. I would advise everyone in the US to do the same to save some cash. 

Did they end up updating it to 6201.99.1530? 
 

Ups entry specialist told me this was the most accurate code and that it was cheaper as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine was rated with 6201.99.1530 already applied, which is useful, though it sounds like others have not been. Best to email or call to check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TechwearEnthusiast said:

Does anyone have any experience replacing the main crotch zipper on acronym pants? 

The zip on my P10TS-DS broke and I need to get it fixed. Was given 2 choices by acronym, to send it back for repairs (but they said they were quite busy so it might take a long ass time) or they could send me the zip and get it fixed at a local tailor. 

Is there something special about the construction of that area, that would make me rethink taking it to a local tailor? Or is it a simple enough process where it would be hard to fuck up? 

If you intend on keeping the pants for yourself for an extended period of time, I would recommend sourcing a trusted local tailor. Have acr ship the zip or replace with another YKK or something accessible. Depending on how the zip is broken, it shouldn't be too difficult of a fix.

If you send back to acr, you would know that the craftsmanship is up to factory standard. This is especially a good idea if you intend to resell, but who knows when you'll get them back.

I typically buy with the intentions of keeping for as long as humanly possible, so I either repair myself or find a suitable tailor. Supporting local and also not flying a pair of pants across the planet is good for everyone.

Best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, silat_hd said:

If you intend on keeping the pants for yourself for an extended period of time, I would recommend sourcing a trusted local tailor. Have acr ship the zip or replace with another YKK or something accessible. Depending on how the zip is broken, it shouldn't be too difficult of a fix.

If you send back to acr, you would know that the craftsmanship is up to factory standard. This is especially a good idea if you intend to resell, but who knows when you'll get them back.

I typically buy with the intentions of keeping for as long as humanly possible, so I either repair myself or find a suitable tailor. Supporting local and also not flying a pair of pants across the planet is good for everyone.

Best of luck!

Thanks man, I bought them on release and have been wearing them constantly since,will not be selling them. 2 teeth on the main zip "broke off" so it would need the zipper replaced. I was just wondering if something about the construction/paneling around the zipper or stitching is special in any way that could cause a tailor issues. Probably best to just take them there and ask. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have exp with climashield vs primaloft?  Looks like primaloft maintains warmth when wet but would rather have warmer insulation over wet performance since I’d wear it under a shell anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received my J58 V1.2 today. Paid $230 for customs at 4.2% + 15% tariff b/c Made in China. Quality seems the same if not better, especially around the piping of the elastic. The way the collar sits is also different. It's more straight across while the 1.0 was more rounded. 

Warmth and feel of the jacket feel nearly identical to 1.0. A quick walk around the block in around 25° F NYC weather and I was quite warm with a long sleeve underneath. 

I weighed old v. new and the Primaloft version is about 20g heavier overall (though, the new one is a large v. the old one is a medium). The extra padding in the pockets are wonderful (v. cozy) and the bilateral pockets are a huge plus. Elastic feels about the same to me in terms of tightness.

Aesthetically, the biggest difference I noticed was the height of the collar (1.2 on the left). The snaps on the wrists have also been reversed so there are two sockets and one stud, instead of vice versa.

I still feel like this jacket is better worn on its own. Underneath a shell, it always felt quite tight with anything more than a tee.

IMG_0479.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

 

I weighed old v. new and the Primaloft version is about 20g heavier overall (though, the new one is a large v. the old one is a medium). The extra padding in the pockets are wonderful (v. cozy) and the bilateral pockets are a huge plus. Elastic feels about the same to me in terms of tightness.

Thanks for the detailed write-up. Kind of a bummer that it’s still the same warmth. 

how does the large fit you relative to the medium? I also have the 1.0 in a Medium and was considering sizing up 1 in the 1.2 for more of a looser fit. Does this jacket work slightly oversized?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, solographik said:

Thanks for the detailed write-up. Kind of a bummer that it’s still the same warmth. 

how does the large fit you relative to the medium? I also have the 1.0 in a Medium and was considering sizing up 1 in the 1.2 for more of a looser fit. Does this jacket work slightly oversized?

Any of the jackets I've bought in the last few years that fit "profile", I've gone a size up and I've been very happy with the results. The 58 works really well because the cinch at the waist still creates a slimmer silhouette. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Warmth and feel of the jacket feel nearly identical to 1.0. A quick walk around the block in around 25° F NYC weather and I was quite warm with a long sleeve underneath. 

Aesthetically, the biggest difference I noticed was the height of the collar (1.2 on the left). The snaps on the wrists have also been reversed so there are two sockets and one stud, instead of vice versa.

I still feel like this jacket is better worn on its own. Underneath a shell, it always felt quite tight with anything more than a tee.

 

Oof, I'm curious to see how this will turn out. I'm getting a Medium (my normal size is Medium and I wanted something more close fitting), but it we will see. I can always size up.

One piece I was curious to get folk's experience with: If 25F is the baseline for this, how well does this work as a late spring/early fall type of insulator as well? Eg. I have an Arcteryx Cerium LT, and that thing is weirdly applicable from 0C to around 20C. Is there a similar flexibility, or is it very much a winter-only jacket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrewlb said:

One piece I was curious to get folk's experience with: If 25F is the baseline for this, how well does this work as a late spring/early fall type of insulator as well? Eg. I have an Arcteryx Cerium LT, and that thing is weirdly applicable from 0C to around 20C. Is there a similar flexibility, or is it very much a winter-only jacket?

i wear my 58 1.0 in the late fall to early spring here in Toronto, but not up to 20c. it’s definitely a warm jacket. but about 15c i’m into a sweatshirt and shell or -s jacket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking about sizing, did anyone size up on the J1A-GT 2.2? How do people that went TTS feel about layering, i.e. with the J58?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 8:33 PM, frenchbulldog said:

i paid the usual 4.2%… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

On 1/18/2020 at 1:08 PM, halomunkey said:

had a similar experience to everyone else.

UPS logistics reached out and asked for ssn and I used the opportunity to mention the tariff code. Person on the phone mentioned that although acr code was generic, they(UPS) applied their own specific code that brought it down to 4.2% (6201.99.1530), but they also mentioned that they would still have to apply the 15% china tariff so I'm not sure how you got out of that...

Sigh. The person mis-classified my item after the HTS 6201.93.49 or .65 was at 27.7%+15%chinatax person putting it in OTHER, lazy mofo. I called and said told them it was a water resistant jacket so it got slashed to 7.1%+15%chinatax. The HTS is listed explicitly on the invoice so I couldn't go outside of 6201.93.60 to get a lower rate :( Duties incoming about 250something.....

~Lefty

1750484345_ScreenShot2020-01-21at8_47_30AM.png.a6c4b820e512eda7a7df8a663f8b82f5.png

 

 

Edited by LeftyJeenyus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Talking about sizing, did anyone size up on the J1A-GT 2.2? How do people that went TTS feel about layering, i.e. with the J58?

would not size up. i did with my initial piece which i got from the mothersite. It fit, but just not perfectly. and because it was big layered with a J58 only made it poofier. recently managed to replace it with a medium after loads of searching and negotiation, and while it's a smaller jacket that fits great over just a t shirt, it is cut to accommodate a liner and actually looks less poofy (M J1A-GT 2.2 + M J58) than the M58 with a large J1a-GT 2.2

Edited by moneytalks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 11:32 PM, nathan_ said:

Hello :)

I have a small bit of delamination occurring on my J1A 2.0,and am curious as how I should go about ensuring it doesn't get worse. 

I know I can't reverse or fix the delam, just curious how to keep it as is. 

 

Thanks in advance. 

Make sure it's clean and wash it when it gets dirty. Here's a video that's been reposted before. If you haven't been washing it regularly, you might actually see some additional delamination after the wash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, emenel said:

i wear my 58 1.0 in the late fall to early spring here in Toronto, but not up to 20c. it’s definitely a warm jacket. but about 15c i’m into a sweatshirt and shell or -s jacket. 

Hah, fancy seeing you here. I'm thinking Toronto in the not-too-distant future, so good context. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone has an idea about how to shrink the J65-KM back to its og size?

Mine goes to 75cm from 70cm in length and it is unwearable now as an insulator.

I have tried soaking with hot water and steam ironing but none of both works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Konzentriert said:

Anyone has an idea about how to shrink the J65-KM back to its og size?

Mine goes to 75cm from 70cm in length and it is unwearable now as an insulator.

I have tried soaking with hot water and steam ironing but none of both works. 

Hot wash cycle launder?

~Lefty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeftyJeenyus said:

Hot wash cycle launder?

~Lefty

Not sure, not tried.

Currently it is not available for me.

 

Went to Dry Cleaning, being told not possible to restore it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now