Westbrook

Acronym.

10 minutes ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

cant tell but the retail price should be the same as secong issue.(3 models sofar right?)

figured it out from what @erlsn posted on ig, pocket redesigns that can't be seen from outside, hence reusing the same photos

all three look the same from the outside, V1 is climashield, V1.1 is primaloft, V1.2 is primaloft with extended/redesigned pockets (interior)

3 models sofar right?, yes

will check this out

Edited by daniel

Anyone peeped the measurements 

Large j58 = Medium j78? 

Just bought a J58 to replace my V1 (too small). I'm a little skeptical that primaloft gold active will be as warm as climashield, but happy the price didn't increase from the last release. Anyone have any experience with primaloft gold active?

If the weight is a factor, hopefully warmth will be on par as V1.2 is actually 30 grams heavier (534 v. 504).

Edited by RapGameTaylorSwift

Really curious to see if this j58 will bunch up at the bottom. My true size rode up a lot and bulged in the stomach due to the aggressive cinch. Wondering if a size larger would solve or maybe this iteration isn’t as Elastic-y

On 1/16/2020 at 4:19 PM, msoldano said:

Really curious to see if this j58 will bunch up at the bottom. My true size rode up a lot and bulged in the stomach due to the aggressive cinch. Wondering if a size larger would solve or maybe this iteration isn’t as Elastic-y

Had the same problem.  Found it tedious. Just sitting and standing would require tugging it back down.  Sized up so I could wear it as a stand alone and not an insulator (nice with hoodie underneath) and its been my goTO when weather permits.   Curious if they changed the elasticity. 

Edited by Sureal

5 hours ago, Sureal said:

Had the same problem.  Found it tedious. Just sitting and standing would require tugging it back down.  Sized up so I could wear it as a stand alone and not a liner (nice with hoodie underneath) and its been my goTO when weather permits.   Curious if they changed the elasticity. 

Interesting, would you say sizing up solved the issue? Since my initial purchase of the 58 in M I have since grown to prefer L as a whole, probably going to grab the L see if it works out.

Acronym Repair Service looks like this nowadays: :rolleyes:

"Dear Henri,

We apologise for our lack of communication.

We are very sorry but unfortunately our capacities are very limited at this moment and we can only accept garments for repair that show more serious damages, even though we actually have to refuse most requests, since we have to focus on production of our own collections at the first point.

Our recommendation would be to take your garment to a local tailoring shop, if necessary we should be able to supply with some of the material but please not that there will probably be a slight difference in color since your garment has been washed and worn.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Kind regards,
ACRONYM® "

42 minutes ago, henrisan said:

"Dear Henri,

We are very sorry but unfortunately our capacities are very limited at this moment and we can only accept garments for repair that show more serious damages, even though we actually have to refuse most requests, since we have to focus on production of our own collections at the first point.

Our recommendation would be to take your garment to a local tailoring shop, if necessary we should be able to supply with some of the material but please not that there will probably be a slight difference in color since your garment has been washed and worn.

Kind regards,
ACRONYM® "

At least you got a reply.. Nobody has responded to my email yet lol.

I've got a reply after I sent another email two weeks later with a slightly different tone.

Thought about to send my CV for the obviously open position as CRM.

But in times where Errolson praises sustainability and "less planes more trains" it's good to know that they focus on production for there "new" collection.

2 hours ago, henrisan said:

"Dear Henri,

Kind regards,
ACRONYM® "

For recent years, least 5. I wrote around 3 mails and filling the form to get any repair information.

Only one replied and it’s for 3a-1 limonta, quoting similar like yours and some “we will reaching you soon with some potentials solutions” the result is clear, 2 years later nothing ever updated. 

For another 2 repair form I kind assume they were directly ignored for “sustainable consideration”

lol

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

For any 3A items I would always consider BAGJACK customer service - at least for old 3A stuff. Might cost you a buck or two but they respond within a day and know their game! 

Yeah i know, upscaling seems to be hard for the brand, but you have to support your customer base, and basically denying service on products with the current pricing is just unacceptable. Especially if you praise sustainability as E is doing it right now with the so called "rep-iteration".

RE J58 Cinch: this is something a tailor can fix if it bothers you, of course you have to get rid of the original hem and replace it though. Tried it, works wonders. I see most people won't do it because it can affect resell-value.

after seeing that part of the video I reached out to the shop and the person who replied ended up buying my item for themselves, rather than for some kind of analyzation or deconstruction. it gave me some refreshing perspective. their standards for what it means for a garment to be outworn are clearly pretty high. wearing it everyday for 6 years, and then falling off a motorcycle while wearing it is probably about the bare minimum.

also nothing wrong with a local tailor if you're not dealing with a speciality fabric. just because the garments are produced to some degree of complexity doesn't mean they can't be adjusted or repaired by someone local to you. it's a big mistake to let a flaw like a hole or tear worsen while you wait for an email reply. been there.

A valid ID # (tax, personal, deferment) required for clearance is missing.

this is new. will ups just reach out to acrnm to get this info?

also to add, word is that the new j58 is made in china

Edited by Kamikaze

13 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

A valid ID # (tax, personal, deferment) required for clearance is missing.

this is new. will ups just reach out to acrnm to get this info?

I got a call from ups this morning and had to provide my social security #... 

Edit: also can confirm, j58 is China. Ups mentioned the product was from China. Although it's shipped from czechia I believe? 

57 minutes ago, hooper said:

after seeing that part of the video I reached out to the shop and the person who replied ended up buying my item for themselves, rather than for some kind of analyzation or deconstruction. it gave me some refreshing perspective. their standards for what it means for a garment to be outworn are clearly pretty high. wearing it everyday for 6 years, and then falling off a motorcycle while wearing it is probably about the bare minimum.

also nothing wrong with a local tailor if you're not dealing with a speciality fabric. just because the garments are produced to some degree of complexity doesn't mean they can't be adjusted or repaired by someone local to you. it's a big mistake to let a flaw like a hole or tear worsen while you wait for an email reply. been there.

That's pretty incredible. What piece did you sell? 

Edited by Ayayron

Yep, same thing happened with me re: SSN.  

The convenient thing is that I was able to apply a more specific HTS code for the J58 on the same call. I would advise everyone in the US to do the same to save some cash. 

20 minutes ago, appolez said:

Yep, same thing happened with me re: SSN.  

The convenient thing is that I was able to apply a more specific HTS code for the J58 on the same call. I would advise everyone in the US to do the same to save some cash. 

What HTS code did you end up using? Was it one that is not impacted by the 15% China tariff? From what I can see, all the usual ones fall under those tariffs.

Just now, ogre said:

What HTS code did you end up using? Was it one that is not impacted by the 15% China tariff? From what I can see, all the usual ones fall under those tariffs.

Windbreaker/Man-made Fabrics/RPO/Water Resistant.  Still impacted by the 15% tariff, but still less than the 27.7% for the generic/miscellaneous codes that I've seen applied by default in my experience (which itself would be subject to the additional 15% tariff). 

I'm a bit confused, do I need to pay anything after my initial acr purchase to get my ups package in the US? I got the call from ups and they just said it should arrive Monday. 

On 1/16/2020 at 3:20 PM, AvantSol said:

V1.1 is climashield friend 

shit you're right checked my spec sheet

don't know why i thought the 1.1 was primaloft... so now i'm kinda salty thinking there is a thinner version available...

7 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Yeah i know, upscaling seems to be hard for the brand, but you have to support your customer base, and basically denying service on products with the current pricing is just unacceptable. Especially if you praise sustainability as E is doing it right now with the so called "rep-iteration".

i just think this needs to be echoed. some things are to be expected of the mother - like infrastructure. if I pay $2k for a shell, i'd hope the people that made it love as much if not more than me. to not accept repairs (especially when preaching sustainability etc) is.. counter intuitive.

On the other hand is it really sustainable to ship a jacket halfway around the world just to fix a minor issue?

11 hours ago, SuE said:

On the other hand is it really sustainable to ship a jacket halfway around the world just to fix a minor issue?

They could ask for a small payment...or at least ask for the consumer to cover shipping. I'm sorry but if you can't offer solid customer service I don't think you should be running a business. Brands get away with it all the time and it's wrong and irresponsible. My ACR customer service experience wasn't terrible but I had to send 3 emails to get a response, and that was just for a jacket sling so. I really hope they can improve their customer support. 

Edited by DavidMN

1 hour ago, SuE said:

I get your point and it's not that I would not cover the cost for shipping (located in Berlin btw) and the repair. It's just that they have no real CS in general since years now and I would be expect a different answer when I pay 1,5k€ for a jacket which was 900€ two years ago btw.

I had 2 amazing repairs off them in the last 2 or 3 years. One where a tear on a GT pro sleeve disappeared to the point where they must have just replaced most of the sleeve. Another where they patched a hole in the back of another GT pro shell immaculately. Actually ... a third one they fixed J62-PB pockets (albeit that was their defect) after initially saying just use a local tailor. In all cases the repairs were silly cheap (15EU for the sleeve one) or free and UPSd back to me.

4 hours ago, SuE said:

point taken, but @henrisan says very clearly they're in berlin.. if that's true its borderline offensive to not offer on site repair.

7 hours ago, Ayayron said:

I'm a bit confused, do I need to pay anything after my initial acr purchase to get my ups package in the US? I got the call from ups and they just said it should arrive Monday. 

You will have to pay duty (feds), brokerage fees (UPs) and sales taxes (state)