Westbrook

Acronym.

^agree, lets see whats going on for 20/21

Posted (edited)

hype kills appeal for me. after spending years familiarizing myself with the brand and what E brings to the proverbial table, i can now narrow down what about it speaks to me, and achieve integration of its strengths with a garment here and there, not every element of my wardrobe/outfit ACR. 

i also think this speaks to the inevitability of change. i don't see the brand innovating much on a conceptual level, more just different clever iterations of what is fundamentally the same thing; more evolution rather than revolution

as i've matured and my lifestyle has changed, i'm finding myself still very fond of acronym, but more attracted now to mixing technical, organic, and practical. i didn't always have a great grasp on how to do that in a way that satisfied my inner critic. however now as the fashion landscape changes and brand awareness increases, the appeal has tanked.

the garments are hollow - the people who wear them are what is interesting. 

Edited by nodre

Posted (edited)

still hopefull for a 3A7TS & 3A9TS OLIVE to be available in a random drop_

Edited by daniel

Posted (edited)

i don't mind the reissues as it gives people the chance to purchase an item which they might've missed out on in possibly a new color or fabric with slight upgrades. (looking for a j28 in the new encapsulated nylon fabric or goretex with a new shakedry fast hood.) i'm sure most were pleased with the j36 reissue.

thing with the prices going up you can be more picky with which pieces to buy. can't wait to see whats to come for this year.

Edited by Kamikaze

People talk like reissues are a problem. I'm for one am super glad reissues happen every season. Especially more wanted/in demand pieces. Better than paying resell market price.

Not only that, it's not like that's the only thing the team is doing every drop. Theres consistantly new designs to go with older reissues when there is a seasonal drop. Get the best of both worlds. 

1 hour ago, daniel said:

still hopefull for a 3A7TS & 3A9TS OLIVE to be available in a random drop_

I luckily was able to buy a 3A-9TS used but in good condition last year. It was the Beauty and Youth limited edition. They aren't going to be re-releasing anytime soon.

4 hours ago, nodre said:

evolution rather than revolution

the garments are hollow - the people who wear them are what is interesting. 

sums it up perfectly.

Really hope that the brand could go back to SS18 times. Many releases of that season has been my favorite so far (J72, J47A-WS, J66, P30, J1A-GTV, SP28TS-DS, J73-WS, J69-GT, J59TS-CH, J68-S).

Also very happy that reissues are coming now and then, but quality is kinda declining? (For example p30 to p30a where i find p30 is more superior in terms of construction, pocket size etc, LA6B-AD breaking down easily.)

Posted (edited)

I don't think Acronym is going anywhere (out of business), at least not anytime soon. Brands have to evolve and Acronym seems to have evolved into a bit more of a flashy, overt brand rather than the more subtle "anti-consumerism" brand it was before I got into it. I noticed it mostly with the release of the Volt jackets, but I don't think it's much to complain about. I think the new stuff is great, steep price but I can't speak for the quality. All I'm waiting for is a "throwback" J-1A with the old style flak pocket and in Stotz, I love my EJ-1A but time has not been kind to the Epich fabric in certain places.

A quick question, does anyone know of any Acronym trousers with an inseam that is longer than 32 inches? I'm way too tall for most of them, my P9-S are about 3 inches too short so I have to wear them with my DAF-1's or I look ridiculous, might get them tapered so I can just wear them a bit below the waist and look okay. Also, anyone know if there's a method to restore the "hook" on aged velcro? The soft side is okay, but the hooks are a bit bent outwards. I was thinking maybe carefully applying heat and pressing down? Thanks, hope we all get something cool next release. 

Edited by DavidMN

4 hours ago, DavidMN said:

A quick question, does anyone know of any Acronym trousers with an inseam that is longer than 32 inches? 

I don't know exact measurements but the P14s are definitely the longest i have. They're designed to be worn higher up the waist but i wear them on my hips and roll the bottoms. I've worn my P14-CH in melange so much, they've actually started wearing through on the knees. Closest pants you can get to jeans made by Acrnm imho.

Why not P10? @DavidMN

Probably better to go off outseam anyways since the rise vary so much bw models.

3FF7B269-3452-4E2A-B6A8-4A387397B1ED.jpeg

@wexler I've been considering P10 but they're somewhat price prohibitive- guess that comes with the territory though. I'm not very good with pants measurements, and like you say the rise on ACR pants are so varied (drop crotch, high waisted, etc) it's kind of difficult for me to interpret. Basically I'm size 30 waist (hip really) 34" inseam. The lack of any real archival for Acronym products makes me finding reliable measurements for older releases especially difficult, though I often assume older = bigger, at least that's true for the more skater "baggy" fit styles of like 08. 

Again, appreciate all the replies!

older is not neccesarily bigger. i have a P9-S size M that fits pretty slim and ends right above my shoes and i'm 183cm and a size 32.

On 1/10/2020 at 9:09 PM, lv d0n said:

will the 3A-7TS ever get rereleased? 

One of the items where I would absolutely agree that it will 99% never happen 

On 1/10/2020 at 7:43 AM, DavidMN said:

@wexler I've been considering P10 but they're somewhat price prohibitive- guess that comes with the territory though. I'm not very good with pants measurements, and like you say the rise on ACR pants are so varied (drop crotch, high waisted, etc) it's kind of difficult for me to interpret. Basically I'm size 30 waist (hip really) 34" inseam. The lack of any real archival for Acronym products makes me finding reliable measurements for older releases especially difficult, though I often assume older = bigger, at least that's true for the more skater "baggy" fit styles of like 08. 

Again, appreciate all the replies!

Gonna give you the same tip @hooper gave me like 5+ years ago when I was to get my first pair of P10s. Size acrnm pants lengthwise! 

Basically all ACR pants are really wide in the waist and meant to be worn belted. I'm a size 28 waist in most brands (wearing size 27 denim right now) but 180cm tall. I own P10s in both size S and M and while the size S makes for a casual spring pant where I can flash those ankles the mediums fit me much better lengthwise and also give more of that characteristic structural design/drape present in most ACR pants, achieving that iconic silhouette. In the winter I sometimes layer them with sweatpants which makes the effect even more prominent as they fill out the thighs and knees.

Ask around for others with similar body proportions as yourself and see what they're wearing but I'd predict you being probably a size L or so. Just tighten that waist with a cobra belt (narrow enough to pass through the belt loop on the fly) and you'll be fine. Worse case scenario you can always get a good tailor to alter them if the excess material in the crotch area bothers you too much. 

Edited by Endless
Grammar

I have the j1A2.2 and wore it for the first time. It is very stiff as already known. I was intending to get the j78 as a liner under.  I have not been able to try the j78 under the j1a before it sold out at Kithnyc here. I’m wearing the j1a with a denim shirt and undershirt, and a like mid layer ventrix hoody would be perfect, and feel the j78 would be too think to place under my j1a if i didn’t size down.  My question is did anyone on here get a j78 and j1a2.2 tts together? In this pic I’m wearing the p34 in a size s and j1 in a m. My usual tts is M in top and 31/32 M in waist. 
~Lefty

817E67D7-4869-4DCB-9B73-0BC48F79B134.jpeg

7 hours ago, eddyraddish said:

whats the  safest way to sell and send to a buyer in japan from us? thank you.

eBay?

let me clarify, i once sold on grailed to a buyer in russia and he claimed he never got it and asked for money back and i had no recourse with paypal. is there a way to send to a buyer in japan and not get stuck.

24 minutes ago, eddyraddish said:

let me clarify, i once sold on grailed to a buyer in russia and he claimed he never got it and asked for money back and i had no recourse with paypal. is there a way to send to a buyer in japan and not get stuck.

Ebay has a international shipping service, where you send it to shipping depot and they'll do the rest. 

@eddyraddish Use EMS to send to Japan, it's tracked and very quick. Japanese post is a lot more reliable than Russia. However at the end of the day, if the buyer turns around and says he never got what you sent, it's very hard to prove otherwise even with tracking. If you are really unsure of the buyer, insure the package for what its worth. It costs you extra but also protects you. It just means that the buyer is going to get hit with a hefty import tax bill. 

Avoid using Ebay's international service. It's not any safer and is simply an extra step in the shipping process and will add extra cost and time to how long the package takes to get to where it's going. 

8 minutes ago, kicks79 said:

@eddyraddish Use EMS to send to Japan, it's tracked and very quick. Japanese post is a lot more reliable than Russia. However at the end of the day, if the buyer turns around and says he never got what you sent, it's very hard to prove otherwise even with tracking. If you are really unsure of the buyer, insure the package for what its worth. It costs you extra but also protects you. It just means that the buyer is going to get hit with a hefty import tax bill. 

Avoid using Ebay's international service. It's not any safer and is simply an extra step in the shipping process and will add extra cost and time to how long the package takes to get to where it's going. 

thank you very much for this!

you can also pay extra for signature confirmation with some services. It’s not always available international, but worth looking into. That being said- if the buyer is a scumbag they can try to claim they received an empty box.

Also- If it’s a private sale I’d ask them for references from other buying sites if available. If they’re a member on here ask for refs from other members they’ve bought/sold to. 

@brainer666 Signature is a good option as well. However, I've had the unfortunate situation where someone had signed for the order, then the customer claimed he never got it. It then comes down to your word against theirs. Having said that, I've sold dozens of things marked as a gift and a lower value and 99% of the time it works out for everyone. 

mothership restock j58-ws

Edited by alo1333
wrong information

20 minutes ago, alo1333 said:

mothership restock j58-ws

Primaloft instead of Climashield this time around. And some other subtle changes w the pockets.

Either way, I'm happy that they reissued the J58. Anyone looking for an insulator, this is 100% your go-to. I live in Toronto where it gets below 30 Celsius at times and this is definitely ACRNM's warmest insulator that I've ever tried.

35 minutes ago, alo1333 said:

mothership restock j58-ws and j78-ws

isn't this exactly the same as the 18/19 primaloft one, can someone explain
@erlsn's talking about it like it's all new.. 

is this also a made in china piece? 

6 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

isn't this exactly the same as the 18/19 primaloft one, can someone explain
@erlsn's talking about it like it's all new.. 

is this also a made in china piece? 

cant tell but the retail price should be the same as secong issue.(3 models sofar right?)