Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

Comfort might be based on perspective. It's really thin but definitely stands in the rain. I love it personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Any thoughts on the shakedry hood on the J36-S or the new J27-GT? Is it comfortable and does it hold up well against rain?

Can only speak to the J36-S, but the water resistance baffles me, worn through the past spring in nyc, and a bit this season so far and aside from a slight dampness after walking in central park for an hour in downpour, it’s been really good. I will say that as a person with a longer nose/face i get a little rain on face with the hood, but otherwise love it. Also it packs nicely and the outer face is good on skin imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed with xbee, the overall waterproofness of the hood is great. Wore it a few times in a down pour and the jacket soaked through and the hood didn't. 

Although I dont know if the hood is shakedry on the 36-s. The 27-gt specifically calls it shake dry 2 layer while the 36 is a 2.5 layer hood.

 

Edited by AvantSol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend just got these and isn't sure if they are legit. I know there are pretty good fakes out there now so any one have any idea?
Size tag looks off and the care tag has misspelt words which leads me to believe they are fake but just wanted to get a second opinion/s to confirm (as the person he got it from insists they are legit).

Thanks

 

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpgimage1.jpg

image0.jpg

BHkJBsWkQz2CrQoHIKa4

eyxuT7TDoDZrDbn1EgHT

image0.jpg

 

cnF6EVFkQgGdCIqfsQcm

wPfUuV4FQJKKRjJiNsrI

Edited by outbrk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, outbrk said:

A friend just got these and isn't sure if they are legit. I know there are pretty good fakes out there now so any one have any idea?
Size tag looks off and the care tag has misspelt words which leads me to believe they are fake but just wanted to get a second opinion/s to confirm (as the person he got it from insists they are legit).

Thanks

  Reveal hidden contents

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpgimage1.jpg

image0.jpg

BHkJBsWkQz2CrQoHIKa4

eyxuT7TDoDZrDbn1EgHT

image0.jpg

 

cnF6EVFkQgGdCIqfsQcm

wPfUuV4FQJKKRjJiNsrI

Can't see all the pics coz only 4 loaded for me but from what I can see it looks fake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fake, misspelled words and size tag as you pointed out are the obvious giveaways but inside waistband is wrong and the fabric texture is off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, lxkhor said:

Can't see all the pics coz only 4 loaded for me but from what I can see it looks fake.

 

1 hour ago, thatslapz said:

Fake, misspelled words and size tag as you pointed out are the obvious giveaways but inside waistband is wrong and the fabric texture is off.

Thanks for the input, I'll link the seller to this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, outbrk said:

A friend just got these and isn't sure if they are legit. I know there are pretty good fakes out there now so any one have any idea?
Size tag looks off and the care tag has misspelt words which leads me to believe they are fake but just wanted to get a second opinion/s to confirm (as the person he got it from insists they are legit).

Thanks

  Hide contents

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpgimage1.jpg

image0.jpg

BHkJBsWkQz2CrQoHIKa4

eyxuT7TDoDZrDbn1EgHT

image0.jpg

 

cnF6EVFkQgGdCIqfsQcm

wPfUuV4FQJKKRjJiNsrI

comparable photos of my beloved real deals below. pretty obviously fake once you examine the details.

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

 

EDIT: i feel like this thread is a pretty safe space, but if anyone thinks that posting details of legitimate garments on here is a bad idea so as to protect said details from being seen by untrustworthy eyes.. please let me know and i will take them down. i do not want to unknowingly contribute to the accuracy of the counterfeit industry.

Edited by nodre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 7:19 PM, moneytalks said:

anybody bought the bagjack golf pants? would love to see some fit pics

Curious about those as well... and the rest of the collection if it came in XL.

got the hat tho!

79F65C5E-8C1E-4B32-9CF8-53BDCD33588B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

Curious about those as well... and the rest of the collection if it came in XL.

got the hat tho!

79F65C5E-8C1E-4B32-9CF8-53BDCD33588B.jpeg

here's a crappy photo, along with my custom Bagjack NXL and bagjack x eliminator belt (bagjackbois we out here) 
attached to the molle is a 3A-MP2TS to carry my vape (lol) and airpods (lolx2)
will take proper photos when i have time, i personally think it looks way better around the waist with a tucked in tee shirt.
 

IMG_9428.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can anyone confirm or deny that the p15 is basically the pant version of the p17?  or is there another cropped pant model that it is closer to in fit/ upper block. its been years. 

@xumatrix @daniel  any help on this 1 fellas?

cheers  

Edited by solo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, solo1 said:

can anyone confirm or deny that the p15 is basically the pant version of the p17?  or is there another cropped pant model that it is closer to in fit/ upper block. its been years. 

@xumatrix @daniel  any help on this 1 fellas?

cheers  

What you’re saying is correct. Also worth noting that the p31 is essentially the re-released p15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, solographik said:

What you’re saying is correct. Also worth noting that the p31 is essentially the re-released p15

thank ya brother.  i guess maybe the fit is ever-so-slightly altered, otherwise i'm confused as to why they designed a whole new pant #.

Edited by solo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, solo1 said:

thank ya brother.  i guess maybe the fit is ever-so-slightly altered, otherwise i'm confused as to why they designed a whole new pant #.


P31 is semi-wide vs P15 ultra-wide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the p31 is kind version 1.1 of p15.  Slightly awkward was fact that it is like the p30 and p30a, the early version wins anyhow.

p17 reminds me heavily of some Uniqlo ezy pants though, another story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

To me the p31 is kind version 1.1 of p15.  Slightly awkward was fact that it is like the p30 and p30a, the early version wins anyhow.

p17 reminds me heavily of some Uniqlo ezy pants though, another story.

i havent been keeping up with the nuances of recent releases.   whats the fit difference between p30 and p30a?

Edited by solo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P30a has the detachable cuffs. A is advanced, though that doesn't necessarily mean more pockets.

Edited by BRICK DOM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

P30a has the detachable cuffs. A is advanced, though that doesn't necessarily mean more pockets.

gotcha thanks, im curious why @Xu Jianfeng thinks the initial p30 is more favorable than the p30a if the fit is exactly the same, and the cuffs are removable anyways. figured it must be a slight fit variation

history seems to repeat itself just with very slight variations.

p17 ---> p23 very similar to a p17 maybe a bit baggier up top, with a stretch elongated cuff

p30 ---> p30a is a p30 with a stretch cuff (but with zipper to detach)

 

not sure why they haven't redropped any of the old SP short models, those are what i'd like to see most in terms of re releases 

 

Edited by solo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 5:22 AM, outbrk said:

A friend just got these and isn't sure if they are legit. I know there are pretty good fakes out there now so any one have any idea?
Size tag looks off and the care tag has misspelt words which leads me to believe they are fake but just wanted to get a second opinion/s to confirm (as the person he got it from insists they are legit).

Thanks

  Hide contents

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpgimage1.jpg

image0.jpg

BHkJBsWkQz2CrQoHIKa4

eyxuT7TDoDZrDbn1EgHT

image0.jpg

 

cnF6EVFkQgGdCIqfsQcm

wPfUuV4FQJKKRjJiNsrI

First pic is a dead giveaway, the size tag material is off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, solo1 said:

gotcha thanks, im curious why @Xu Jianfeng thinks the initial p30 is more favorable than the p30a if the fit is exactly the same, and the cuffs are removable anyways. figured it must be a slight fit variation

history seems to repeat itself just with very slight variations.

p17 ---> p23 very similar to a p17 maybe a bit baggier up top, with a stretch elongated cuff

p30 ---> p30a is a p30 with a stretch cuff (but with zipper to detach)

 

not sure why they haven't redropped any of the old SP short models, those are what i'd like to see most in terms of re releases 

 

Although I'm not the biggest fan of shorts, I'm definitely with you, and would love to see more for variation's sake, but I guess they're not as ideal as pants in most scenarios, so the team wants to only put out the best that they can, and not just plain shorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nathan_ said:

Although I'm not the biggest fan of shorts, I'm definitely with you, and would love to see more for variation's sake, but I guess they're not as ideal as pants in most scenarios, so the team wants to only put out the best that they can, and not just plain shorts.

this is true, but i'd think one spring/summer in the past 5 years they'd re-drop them -- if they ever had planned on it.  shorts are ideal for spring summer. 

It seems to me that they've moved on from the normal articulated cargo short/ bdu short pant style and have gone to the much more dramatic hakama/harem/dropcrotch pant style and don't seem to be looking back.  p22, p23, p25, p27, p30 ...  

 

and on that note, i'm also hella surprised they haven't released a modified J4TS, one of the most subtle lowkey, yet iconic pieces.  

Edited by solo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 7:45 AM, solo1 said:

gotcha thanks, im curious why @Xu Jianfeng thinks the initial p30 is more favorable than the p30a if the fit is exactly the same, and the cuffs are removable anyways. figured it must be a slight fit variation

history seems to repeat itself just with very slight variations.

p17 ---> p23 very similar to a p17 maybe a bit baggier up top, with a stretch elongated cuff

p30 ---> p30a is a p30 with a stretch cuff (but with zipper to detach)

 

not sure why they haven't redropped any of the old SP short models, those are what i'd like to see most in terms of re releases 

 

you’ll instantlly noticed the difference of the materials though they same ds, guessing is because the factory process on material jittering somehow. Im sure on the made in china side but the total output of 30a not reaching my expectitions(no, j1a made in china version is cool to me).

it might sounds subjective but should be more carefully when we embrace the next piece from chinese factory.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

you’ll instantlly noticed the difference of the materials though they same ds, guessing is because the factory process on material jittering somehow. Im sure on the made in china side but the total output of 30a not reaching my expectitions(no, j1a made in china version is cool to me).

it might sounds subjective but should be more carefully when we embrace the next piece from chinese factory.

 

The material was made in EU. There are many variations of -ds fabric (thin, thick, -ds extreme etc). So what the main difference?  Overall fit?Fits the same for me, maybe the advanced version drapes/looks better sometimes  (ofc depends on the belt system configuration : waist stacks on the front/back/both sides). 

But i can notice some crooked stitchings, different buckles, webbing on my p30a. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, solo1 said:

this is true, but i'd think one spring/summer in the past 5 years they'd re-drop them -- if they ever had planned on it.  shorts are ideal for spring summer. 

It seems to me that they've moved on from the normal articulated cargo short/ bdu short pant style and have gone to the much more dramatic hakama/harem/dropcrotch pant style and don't seem to be looking back.  p22, p23, p25, p27, p30 ...  

 

and on that note, i'm also hella surprised they haven't released a modified J4TS, one of the most subtle lowkey, yet iconic pieces.  

I think it just comes down to regular fit shorts being restricting in a way that the team is just not interested in, and go for the drop-crotch instead for a wider range of movement, typically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

you’ll instantlly noticed the difference of the materials though they same ds, guessing is because the factory process on material jittering somehow. Im sure on the made in china side but the total output of 30a not reaching my expectitions(no, j1a made in china version is cool to me).

it might sounds subjective but should be more carefully when we embrace the next piece from chinese factory.

 

 

1 hour ago, Yan90 said:

The material was made in EU. There are many variations of -ds fabric (thin, thick, -ds extreme etc). So what the main difference?  Overall fit?Fits the same for me, maybe the advanced version drapes/looks better sometimes  (ofc depends on the belt system configuration : waist stacks on the front/back/both sides). 

But i can notice some crooked stitchings, different buckles, webbing on my p30a. 

 

although doesnt affect function, sounds like it surely is worthy to note that the made in china pieces have some crooked stitching and are slightly less meticulous on the manufacturing side -- i think many folks who buy their first ACR pieces are at least relatively impressed with how impeccable the craftsmanship and seams are (as the craftsmanship probably should be with the current price points)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey, just picked up my first acronym pieces and was wondering what i'll need to do in terms of cleaning.. neither the JT-27 GT or the J65-AK i bought from the acrmn website have care tags on them. can't imagine that i'll really need to clean the jacket, but the liner - i just don't really know.. any advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cthulhudaddi said:

hey, just picked up my first acronym pieces and was wondering what i'll need to do in terms of cleaning.. neither the JT-27 GT or the J65-AK i bought from the acrmn website have care tags on them. can't imagine that i'll really need to clean the jacket, but the liner - i just don't really know.. any advice?

Did you check all the pockets? I've never had an item that didn't have care tags anywhere unless I bought used and it had fallen off.  And you're going to want to clean the jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cthulhudaddi said:

hey, just picked up my first acronym pieces and was wondering what i'll need to do in terms of cleaning.. neither the JT-27 GT or the J65-AK i bought from the acrmn website have care tags on them. can't imagine that i'll really need to clean the jacket, but the liner - i just don't really know.. any advice?

Oh god please definitely do clean your GT shell....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

Did you check all the pockets? I've never had an item that didn't have care tags anywhere unless I bought used and it had fallen off.  And you're going to want to clean the jacket.

woah mind blown, hadn't thought to check there. thanks!

8 minutes ago, lxkhor said:

Oh god please definitely do clean your GT shell....

and absolutely will do, just meant it looks like it will stay clean for quite a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Tablet Hotels
    NORDSTROM.com