Westbrook

Acronym.

12 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Any there any shops in Berlin that still stock Acronym stuff? 

Not that I'm aware of, sadly

23 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

But why the caption of the photo says"Exterior JacketSlingǽ anchor loop"? I thought there is an entrance to the pocket from outside as well. 

If it's like the J50, you cannot access the interior pockets from the outside of the jacket.  They have dual-entry on the inside only.  The exterior pockets are separate and single entry.  

1 hour ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

If it's like the J50, you cannot access the interior pockets from the outside of the jacket.  They have dual-entry on the inside only.  The exterior pockets are separate and single entry.  

Yeah this is correct. The photo caption is just referring to the exterior loop for the jacketsling (sewn under the armpit area) if you want to mount the sling on the outside, I believe. 

1 hour ago, skycrawler said:

the teeth of the zip against the neck takes some getting used to

i was thinking i could never get used to this but glad you're into it.  excited to see which jackets they make with SD fabric in the future. 

on a different note, LA6B-AD came in today and I am surprised by how much I like it.  Got it thinking 'meh, lets just try it' and now I'm thinking I'll be wearing it everyday this winter and may never sell it

Edited by segue
typo

been looking for that la6ds too. nice one

Any here have or tried the J46-FO?

What is the sizing of it (I am 5'9", 140-5 lbs)?

Thanks.

Edited by j24

2 hours ago, j24 said:

Any here have or tried the J46-FO?

What is the sizing of it (I am 5'9", 140-5 lbs)?

Thanks.

Fits perfect for 178 cm/76 kg (i have 46U-ws/46-FO, both in size S). 

Is there any treatment that can be done to Limonata to preserve the color?  My 3a-1 is in pretty good shape, but not personally in love with the patina that I see on some of the more well loved bags.  Thanks for any info.

Maybe they're made of liquid metal like that dude in "Terminator 2" that was trying to kill John what's his name and Arnold.

Does anyone mind taking a photo of the correct sling setup for the external points (I'd imagine internal are the same) on the J1A? I'm having issues with my EJ-1A with a new Acronym sling and I'm starting to wonder if it's because they've changed the length of the sling over the years. But I won't lie, the correct setup has always escaped me, the sling doesn't really like to return to correct position without me having to do it myself. I've tried looking through tons of the release photos and I haven't really found anything concrete. Thanks! 

Edited by DavidMN
Changed "sleeve" to "sling" stupid typo.

Would probably help to show us the back and also how you're doing it. Putting on the jacket sling is pretty simple.

36 minutes ago, X.bee said:

Would probably help to show us the back and also how you're doing it. Putting on the jacket sling is pretty simple.

Heh, I never had issues with the sling on my J32-GT or J44L-GT but I think the issue lies in how the loops are on the EJ-1A. Mine is exceptionally old (2005ish?) and the loops are flipped the opposite way around from newer jackets. When the sling is done being used and I put the jacket on, the sling is just too long and the buckle too heavy for it to return to its "correct" position. Both my other ACR jacket slings always did, so I'm kind of assuming the sling has been changed slightly iteration to iteration. I do have the original sling so I'll compare them. I know it's kind of a stupid issue. Maybe I'm wrong, but here's a simple shot regardless. I appreciate the help. 

20191123_073210.jpg

Edit #2: nope, the jacket slings have the same length so I guess this is just something I'll have to learn to compensate for. 

Edited by DavidMN
Added more info

How is the warmth of the J78WS?  Been wanting a liner that I like standalone, as well as to wear inside my J28.  I live in Vancouver so its not extremely cold.. but not LA weather either

I'd imagine it's similar to the J50-WS, which is perfect for Van winters imo.  Very warm and lightweight.  Can sling when you go indoors.  Also flexible, since it goes nice with a T in autumn and spring, but can be paired with warmer layers and even a shell in winter.  I wore mine under a J47 and was comfortable on a 2hr walk at -30C (with proper accessories and layers).

does haven typically not include ACR bag with its crumpled spec sheet? not super thrilled with the shopping experience.

5 hours ago, nodre said:

does haven typically not include ACR bag with its crumpled spec sheet? not super thrilled with the shopping experience.

I’ve always received the spec sheet and “official” ziploc from Haven along with their own branded baggie. But I’ve only bought from them in person at the store, so can’t comment on their mail order system.

Just now, emenel said:

I’ve always received the spec sheet and “official” ziploc from Haven along with their own branded baggie. But I’ve only bought from them in person at the store, so can’t comment on their mail order system.

after a 4 day handling period and two day transit period (transit was quick.. just took them 4 days to actually send it) to receive a retail ACR product in a large haven bag (to better accommodate the piece?) stuffed into a small box (then why the larger bag?) with a crinkled spec sheet.. i take issue with the whole transaction. not the kind of service (lack thereof) i'd expect after spending $900. AITA here? service was shit. 

just had the chance to check the the J44-SD, not really sure but maybe a J1A could benefit from the material. J46 would do. Let's see

1 hour ago, nodre said:

after a 4 day handling period and two day transit period (transit was quick.. just took them 4 days to actually send it) to receive a retail ACR product in a large haven bag (to better accommodate the piece?) stuffed into a small box (then why the larger bag?) with a crinkled spec sheet.. i take issue with the whole transaction. not the kind of service (lack thereof) i'd expect after spending $900. AITA here? service was shit. 

To be clear - I’m not defending them or denying your experience. That sucks.

did you contact them about it?

8 hours ago, nodre said:

Which piece? The knit/wool pieces haven't came in the typical zip lock bags.

Edited by wexler

16 hours ago, wexler said:

Which piece? The knit/wool pieces haven't came in the typical zip lock bags.

J65-KM

17 hours ago, emenel said:

To be clear - I’m not defending them or denying your experience. That sucks.

did you contact them about it?

no, what are they gonna do? they didn't care in the first place.

18 minutes ago, nodre said:

J65-KM

mine arrived in a thin plastic bag with slightly crumpled spec sheet from the mothersite (last year). was a little miffed at the time. emailed about it. didn’t get a response. meh. 

Getting to Haven's Toronto store is not far out of my way. I think once finals are over I'm going to go in and test their customer service in person about the bag/spec sheet issue. Will report back once I do.

7 minutes ago, mikon_nikon said:

was a little miffed at the time. emailed about it. didn’t get a response

They probably laughed in the office.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:29 AM, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

I just checked this. There is a loop under each armpit and at the back neck for the jacket sling. There are two external pockets and 2 dual entry internal pockets. Each internal pocket has a zip close to the chest pocket as well the secondary access deeper which is useful when the jacket is worn in sling mode. 

Below is my fit medium. I am 5’8. The jacket has some heft. I have a medium crewneck under. The cuffs are pretty tight as well. I could probably do without the crewneck even but was in a rush. 
~Lefty

9A819F87-B4AE-4EB8-B451-DE555C3CF90F.jpeg

Edited by LeftyJeenyus