Westbrook

Acronym.

5 minutes ago, agentbuca said:

Has anyone had the p10a-DS for a while now? I was wondering if the cargo pocket edges soften up / fold over to make them less prominent. Love my p10ts-DS but was put off the p10a-s as the squared off bit of material around the rounded zip left like I had a4 folders stuck to my legs.

That's the look.

2 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

That's the look.

@agentbuca is indeed the look as @Yardsale indicated. I can say that the corners are not as noticeable from all angles. From some they look really pointy and others they kind of blend in. It's a great styling cue IMO. It makes the pants look quite different as you walk past/around someone and takes them from "oh here are some tapered pants with pockets" into something really unique. 

Edited by eyeheartny

9 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

might be early but has anyone tried on the 79 in store? for a straight cut the measurements look rather slim if cut to accommodate a liner

I usually wear a medium in ACR jackets. Was able to comfortably layer an insulator underneath the small with little to no restriction. For reference I'm 5'9 145lb. The medium was clearly too big even with an insulator for me personally.

24 minutes ago, chillwaveplaylist said:

I usually wear a medium in ACR jackets. Was able to comfortably layer an insulator underneath the small with little to no restriction. For reference I'm 5'9 145lb. The medium was clearly too big even with an insulator for me personally.

Thanks for the info !

1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

might be early but has anyone tried on the 79 in store? for a straight cut the measurements look rather slim if cut to accommodate a liner

It fits very wide, but it is controlled chaos. I would say it blurs the line between straight and loose.

18 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

It fits very wide, but it is controlled chaos. I would say it blurs the line between straight and loose.

I’m intrigued. I gotta check it out in person 

Is it me or do those j29 measurements seem TIGHT!!

9 hours ago, xh79 said:

J29-PX: This looked better in person to me than in the photos. The fabric doesn't seem as translucent as the previous -PX coat, and the fuzzy lining in the body was an unexpected (and in my opinion, nice) touch. The collar in folded-down blazer mode is a little questionable given the thickness of the fabric, but I think it looks pretty great standing up, and I like the pocket array on this one. This was the one piece I actually ended up purchasing, though I was tempted by a couple others

how does it size? the measurements do seem rather small. 

1 hour ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

how does it size? the measurements do seem rather small. 

12 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

Is it me or do those j29 measurements seem TIGHT!!

Yes, the J29 is definitely on the slimmer size in terms of the Acronym jackets I own -- probably the closest in terms of chest measurement is my J68-WS in XS. I was able to fit the J77-AM underneath it easily, but that is not a very bulky item due to the loose knit. I just tried it on over a much bulkier Iron Heart sweater (this, for reference: https://www.selfedge.com/iron-heart?product_id=1046) and could still button / zip up the J29 -- when buttoning it the fabric pulled noticeably at the center, though not straining it overmuch; when zipping it, it looked more normal, but definitely no longer "sleek" (I also was wearing a buttondown + tshirt underneath the sweater). If you were just wearing this as a liner and didn't really care about the style, you could probably take your normal size and still fit a sweater under it.

16 hours ago, xh79 said:

J77-AM: This was the piece I was most tempted to purchase aside from the J29. I tried it on over a black buttondown, and it looked great. The hood is not bulky at all, so I didn't mind it being attached to the sweater. My favorite detail was the shoulder pockets; they give it a bit of an aggressive silhouette without being over the top. I don't know how this would look with something other than a long-sleeve black shirt under it, and the price feels a bit too high for what it is, but I did quite like this one.

Since it's technically wool, do you expect any overheating issues or do the perforations offset that? I'm excited to feel the fabric in person. 

9 minutes ago, hooper said:

just realized hotoveli has Acronym's photos/descriptions of the upcoming FW1920 items (p33, j27, etc.).

SD is apparently an Acronym exclusive fabric. I'm excited to see more uses of this in tops and perhaps maybe trousers. source: https://www.hotoveli.com/collections/acronym/products/acronym-j44-sd-jacket

Agreed 100% about SD, and the J44 looks absolutely spectacular. That'll be an insta-buy for me-- the zippered 3 position lapel is phenomenal looking. A very versatile piece. 

Pricing of j44 is not clear? The weight is a lot.

the zipper around the neck came out first time in 2014 the first time I guess. Was heavily discussed that time 

3 hours ago, CountZatara said:

Since it's technically wool, do you expect any overheating issues or do the perforations offset that? I'm excited to feel the fabric in person. 

I think the combination of wool + loose knit makes it fairly flexible in terms of temperature regulation. I only wore it for a few minutes, but when I just had it on over a merino buttondown, it added some noticeable but not excessive warmth. Layering it under the P29, I got the sense that the extra insulation would be more meaningful (combo of wool + trapped air), though I didn't keep both on for long enough to say decisively. Probably depends a bit on what you want to wear under it, but in "fall/winter"-type outdoor temperatures, I don't imagine you'd find yourself overheating if wearing it either as just a sweater, or as an insulating layer (when you presumably want to be warmer anyway).

It’s up on acrnm.com boys

Edited by JoseRizal

Must have been an accident. Nothing new is visible 

are these some weird new mismatched komyuters

05de01cf86.jpg

3385647122.jpg

22 hours ago, xh79 said:

Some in-person impressions of several of the pieces from this first release:

J61-GTV: I have never been particularly enamored of any iteration of this coat, so I didn't bother to try this one on. Looked fairly similar to the -WS and -GT versions which I had seen / tried on during previous releases; obviously your mileage will vary if this is a style you like. Didn't look like anything drastically different from the earlier iterations to me, though. Admittedly I am not the right person to ask for details about this one.

J79TS-GT: This is a very boxy cut, much larger for the tagged size than I would have expected. My friend who usually wears L or XL in Acronym jackets could easily fit into the M on this; for my own frame I think it is a bit too large (5'9" 125lbs). The front pocket array is interesting, but doesn't feel like it would be as useful as the J1A to me. I did like the look of the hood, despite not usually liking jackets where it cannot be detached or stowed.

J29-PX: This looked better in person to me than in the photos. The fabric doesn't seem as translucent as the previous -PX coat, and the fuzzy lining in the body was an unexpected (and in my opinion, nice) touch. The collar in folded-down blazer mode is a little questionable given the thickness of the fabric, but I think it looks pretty great standing up, and I like the pocket array on this one. This was the one piece I actually ended up purchasing, though I was tempted by a couple others.

J65-AJ: I liked the general look of this pattern in the -AJ material quite a lot. The silhouette flares outwards noticeably in profile (not actually pictured in any of the official product shots), which on my frame looked a bit funny -- it's not a particularly even flare, either; it gave me sort of an artificial paunch. On someone with a sturdier build where this fits more tight to the frame, I think it would look really great, though. Definitely more interesting to me than the boiled wool versions of this jacket from the earlier season.

J77-AM: This was the piece I was most tempted to purchase aside from the J29. I tried it on over a black buttondown, and it looked great. The hood is not bulky at all, so I didn't mind it being attached to the sweater. My favorite detail was the shoulder pockets; they give it a bit of an aggressive silhouette without being over the top. I don't know how this would look with something other than a long-sleeve black shirt under it, and the price feels a bit too high for what it is, but I did quite like this one.

P34-*: I was a bit torn over this one. I tried it on in the -E fabric, which I liked a lot and thought was suitable for the pant -- I own a J33-E, which is a nice pattern, but I think the -E fabric probably works better for pants than jackets, though this is a personal preference. I didn't try on the -S version but probably wouldn't personally consider it, since I own a lot of pairs of Stotz pants and liked the lighter feel of the -E fabric. I also really liked the tapered silhouette of the ankle, which broke at just the right height for me wearing sneakers. However, the waistline on these pants is very large -- impossible for me without a belt, and if I unclipped my belt to go to the bathroom I'd have to carefully hold them up, which isn't something I'd really like to worry about in practice. I also found the cargo pocket array a bit overwrought and somehow uninspiring. I would be very interested in a version of this pant without the cargo pockets though (or at least without the zippered pocket on the left), and a smaller waistband for the tagged size.

NG5-AK: I didn't put this one on, but this was very soft and comfortable to the touch. It is quite wispy; seemingly moreso to me than the long -AK neck gaiter with the "2-part hem" from a few seasons back as I recall, though I could be misremembering. Kind of expensive for what you're getting though.

I didn't get to see the hat in person, but assuming it is the same fabric as the J65, I think it'd be quite cozy. I don't wear a lot of hats though, so I don't have strong feelings on the style.

Thank you for the j79 fit concerns. I usually wear size large in all acornym - but I think medium should be fine, even with an insulator (All my insulators are large) will I have issues with a large insulator and a medium j79 jacket?

39 minutes ago, kpnv said:

are these some weird new mismatched komyuters

I was looking at them too, the weaves and zips are a nice touch, can't tell if it's something they were messing with or something Ziv Lee may have done?

2 hours ago, ArmandGLA said:

Thank you for the j79 fit concerns. I usually wear size large in all acornym - but I think medium should be fine, even with an insulator (All my insulators are large) will I have issues with a large insulator and a medium j79 jacket?

Not being either size in question here and usually being the smallest available size in Acronym, I can only hazard a guess here, but I would think this would be fine. The one thing I would be concerned with in this particular case is that the body of the J79 seemed very short -- if you don't want the insulator to show below the hem of the shell, you might want to check the measurements carefully against one another. (I would do this in general, also to make sure the sleeves will not suffer from the same issue, but I think Acronym shells usually have the sleeves cut very long so this seems less likely to be be an issue.) In terms of simply being able to fit the bulk of the insulator beneath the shell, though, I would think for most insulators you'd be fine.

1 hour ago, DROVES said:

I was looking at them too, the weaves and zips are a nice touch, can't tell if it's something they were messing with or something Ziv Lee may have done?

yep youre spot on, found em on insta

Anyone have expected date/timeline for Drop2?

Specifically interested in P33-DS / does anyone notice any solid differences between this and recently released P31?

29 minutes ago, senorfraz said:

Anyone have expected date/timeline for Drop2?

Specifically interested in P33-DS / does anyone notice any solid differences between this and recently released P31?

The p33 is a straight leg cut. A bit wide from photos. Not sure if there’s any articulation. Built in belt. Pajamas in ds fabric pretty much. The p31 has articulation and tapered. Think of the p23 without the cuffs. No built in belt. 

And early November. 

Edited by Kamikaze

Quick question for those using auxzip. Has anyone mismatched sizes between their jackets and the liner when using the auxzip? I have a large J1A-GT gen 2.2 and I'm looking to pick up the J65-AK. If I get a J65-AK in Medium or XL, would it zip into the auxzip lopsided? 

1 hour ago, analog29 said:

Quick question for those using auxzip. Has anyone mismatched sizes between their jackets and the liner when using the auxzip? I have a large J1A-GT gen 2.2 and I'm looking to pick up the J65-AK. If I get a J65-AK in Medium or XL, would it zip into the auxzip lopsided? 

It works, one side will be shorter or longer because the collars have differing diameters between sizes. It doesn't sit awkwardly or if it does it's not enough to be noticeable. 

Hello all, quick sizing question; Anyone got the J61-GTV? How did you size?

If it helps I'm 6ft2, with a slim build. I have a J1A-GT in Medium that fits, albeit it's a little snug. I originally felt the large was too big so sent it back and opted for a medium, though now I may try and track down a large again. Anyway, the medium J1A is a little snug in the shoulders when layering and could do with being a cm or two longer but it fits and it's wearable. J56-GT in medium was a good fit. I tried a friends J53-GT in medium and that was too small, I'd need a large in that.

I'm stuck between either medium or large. The fact it's a straight fit, relatively relaxed looking jacket makes me think medium will be okay but I thought I'd get some input.

re: sizing, i think the answer is to always take the larger size if you are unsure. also, acr generally looks better worn a bit loose rather than slim/tight. 

many of the sizing questions are rather pointless. these aren't MTM shirts that are going to fit spot on. if the silhouette isn't working for you, changing sizes will not help very much. 

4 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

Hello all, quick sizing question; Anyone got the J61-GTV? How did you size?

If it helps I'm 6ft2, with a slim build. I have a J1A-GT in Medium that fits, albeit it's a little snug. I originally felt the large was too big so sent it back and opted for a medium, though now I may try and track down a large again. Anyway, the medium J1A is a little snug in the shoulders when layering and could do with being a cm or two longer but it fits and it's wearable. J56-GT in medium was a good fit. I tried a friends J53-GT in medium and that was too small, I'd need a large in that.

I'm stuck between either medium or large. The fact it's a straight fit, relatively relaxed looking jacket makes me think medium will be okay but I thought I'd get some input.

everything ACR top i've had - be it shell, insulater, tee shirt, or sweatshirt has been a L. I would've fucked up if i bought this 61 in a large. medium fits like my J1A-GT 2.0 Large fits. (selling the J1A for anyone who didn't see my sales thread post)