Acronym.

Westbrook

SUPER excited for j29, or any blazer, return ... but PX is probably the least exciting material choice. While I love my j74, don’t really understand the insulated blazer decision. Especially seeing that SD.....

Edited by meccaNIZM

To me it’s a season the direction might to please the long term users. Those blazers and modified version of bdu p1 into that p34 right?

The problem is actually the dilemma here, honestly it’s not reaching my expectations as for those original issues: name the clean cut of j29 in ch and cotton(the details fade hard on px). New bees are definitely not the most potential users of these blazers, yet guys being wearing ss-j5 or l-j11 or l-v3ts, they gonna find the price hike and yet non obviously improvements.

For the brand itself it might take like 2 more seasons to relocate to sync with the whole situation. And if you really want some pieces  this season my advice is actually sit back to some sale chances( you know when these happen back in the days, similar situation)

^ i think e's instagram being absent of any news is definitely helping. 

is that a tease of the new nike collab shoes that are heavily featured in the new drop? oops nm those are the a cold wall collabs.

so i'm guessing that this season will have two separate drops as there's still some stuff that haven't been uploaded yet

Edited by iamundying

Are we expecting another release in the next week or two with additional jacket/baselayers/pants? 

I really want to love some of the new pieces like the J29-PX, but I completely agree with the above, if it were a Schoeller DS with a polar lining I think it would hit the marks, but looking like a liner takes away from the the blazer construction especially with the thread tension on PX. It's a great late 80's blazer vibe and I'm into it, but I think I'm just waiting for the LA6B-AD...

Edited by DROVES

I went to hotoveli this morning. Sucks for me, ACRNM is online-only for them now, but I was still able to get a NG4 ! and see the other pieces in person

• There is definitely a second drop coming
  • J79 is wild, i'd look real hard at it if I didn't already have a J1A
  • J77 fabric is incredible in person, but not at that price for me :'(

5 minutes ago, agentbuca said:

Has anyone had the p10a-DS for a while now? I was wondering if the cargo pocket edges soften up / fold over to make them less prominent. Love my p10ts-DS but was put off the p10a-s as the squared off bit of material around the rounded zip left like I had a4 folders stuck to my legs.

That's the look.

2 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

That's the look.

@agentbuca is indeed the look as @Yardsale indicated. I can say that the corners are not as noticeable from all angles. From some they look really pointy and others they kind of blend in. It's a great styling cue IMO. It makes the pants look quite different as you walk past/around someone and takes them from "oh here are some tapered pants with pockets" into something really unique. 

Edited by eyeheartny

9 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

might be early but has anyone tried on the 79 in store? for a straight cut the measurements look rather slim if cut to accommodate a liner

I usually wear a medium in ACR jackets. Was able to comfortably layer an insulator underneath the small with little to no restriction. For reference I'm 5'9 145lb. The medium was clearly too big even with an insulator for me personally.

24 minutes ago, chillwaveplaylist said:

I usually wear a medium in ACR jackets. Was able to comfortably layer an insulator underneath the small with little to no restriction. For reference I'm 5'9 145lb. The medium was clearly too big even with an insulator for me personally.

Thanks for the info !

9 hours ago, xh79 said:

J29-PX: This looked better in person to me than in the photos. The fabric doesn't seem as translucent as the previous -PX coat, and the fuzzy lining in the body was an unexpected (and in my opinion, nice) touch. The collar in folded-down blazer mode is a little questionable given the thickness of the fabric, but I think it looks pretty great standing up, and I like the pocket array on this one. This was the one piece I actually ended up purchasing, though I was tempted by a couple others

how does it size? the measurements do seem rather small. 

1 hour ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

how does it size? the measurements do seem rather small. 

12 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

Is it me or do those j29 measurements seem TIGHT!!

Yes, the J29 is definitely on the slimmer size in terms of the Acronym jackets I own -- probably the closest in terms of chest measurement is my J68-WS in XS. I was able to fit the J77-AM underneath it easily, but that is not a very bulky item due to the loose knit. I just tried it on over a much bulkier Iron Heart sweater (this, for reference: https://www.selfedge.com/iron-heart?product_id=1046) and could still button / zip up the J29 -- when buttoning it the fabric pulled noticeably at the center, though not straining it overmuch; when zipping it, it looked more normal, but definitely no longer "sleek" (I also was wearing a buttondown + tshirt underneath the sweater). If you were just wearing this as a liner and didn't really care about the style, you could probably take your normal size and still fit a sweater under it.

16 hours ago, xh79 said:

J77-AM: This was the piece I was most tempted to purchase aside from the J29. I tried it on over a black buttondown, and it looked great. The hood is not bulky at all, so I didn't mind it being attached to the sweater. My favorite detail was the shoulder pockets; they give it a bit of an aggressive silhouette without being over the top. I don't know how this would look with something other than a long-sleeve black shirt under it, and the price feels a bit too high for what it is, but I did quite like this one.

Since it's technically wool, do you expect any overheating issues or do the perforations offset that? I'm excited to feel the fabric in person. 

9 minutes ago, hooper said:

just realized hotoveli has Acronym's photos/descriptions of the upcoming FW1920 items (p33, j27, etc.).

SD is apparently an Acronym exclusive fabric. I'm excited to see more uses of this in tops and perhaps maybe trousers. source: https://www.hotoveli.com/collections/acronym/products/acronym-j44-sd-jacket

Agreed 100% about SD, and the J44 looks absolutely spectacular. That'll be an insta-buy for me-- the zippered 3 position lapel is phenomenal looking. A very versatile piece. 

3 hours ago, CountZatara said:

Since it's technically wool, do you expect any overheating issues or do the perforations offset that? I'm excited to feel the fabric in person. 

I think the combination of wool + loose knit makes it fairly flexible in terms of temperature regulation. I only wore it for a few minutes, but when I just had it on over a merino buttondown, it added some noticeable but not excessive warmth. Layering it under the P29, I got the sense that the extra insulation would be more meaningful (combo of wool + trapped air), though I didn't keep both on for long enough to say decisively. Probably depends a bit on what you want to wear under it, but in "fall/winter"-type outdoor temperatures, I don't imagine you'd find yourself overheating if wearing it either as just a sweater, or as an insulating layer (when you presumably want to be warmer anyway).