Westbrook

Acronym.

3 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Per many previous posts in this thread, you should ignore the waist measurement for wide- and ultra wide trousers.

The p32 in question is not wide, and in my experience has a very fitted waist... 

36 minutes ago, emenel said:

The p32 in question is not wide, and in my experience has a very fitted waist... 

My bad, it's been a long day - I thought you were talking about the P30.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, eyeheartny said:

How come? The measurements look spot on in a medium so curious why you think so. The waist would be too big by nearly 2" in the Large and the outseam nearly 2" longer than I tend to need as well. 

If conversion is correct your roughly 188cm and 97kg in real money. Definitely need L from my perspective. 191cm and 87kg here, I’m XL in almost everything, but L in P10A-DS (because of stretch) which is 1.5cm longer on website than P32.

My only Q would be - P32 owners - does any excess baginess translate to length? Wouldn’t have thought so...

Edited by Danwise

8 hours ago, emenel said:

I’m a 5’11 and 34 waist and wear a L in all acrnm pants... but the old version of the p32 from a few years ago was even small in L for me... 

I’m not sure how they measure vs how you are measuring, but with a size 35 waist I would get the L for sure based on all the other ones I own.

What's this older P32 you speak of?

7 minutes ago, X.bee said:

What's this older P32 you speak of?

Oh shit! Just realized that I got mixed up with the older p16a I think, which had a much smaller waist but similar silhouette and pocket placement. My mistake!

Yeah p32 looks like a revised p16a. @emenel you still have the L? Need to upsize...

I am so happy to see bags back - but I really want a slightly smaller 3A-7TS backpack. It would be instabuy for me.

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

How have people found the sizing of the P31? I'm 6'1" and wondering if a medium will be too short for me...

I’m 5’9 and the medium was only just the right length for me. It obviously depends on how much you let them sag but I’m hardly thrusting them up high and i’ll still get the odd glimpse of sock. 

Shoutout to the 3A 13TS at St George station in Toronto. Glad to be part of this community online and offline 

:ph34r::ph34r:

On 8/31/2019 at 11:24 PM, junkie_dolphin said:

How have people found the sizing of the P31? I'm 6'1" and wondering if a medium will be too short for me...

Will most likely be too short. 5’ 10” in a sz M and they end right on the top of my feet.

79310AE2-65A8-4724-A04A-E89DE41B643D.jpeg

On 3/23/2017 at 9:52 PM, Voyager said:

HOW TO LOWER YOUR DUTIES IF YOU LIVE IN THE USA

UPS Brokerage accounting department 866-493-7140
Give them your tracking number and tell them that you have a package due to arrive and it isn't classified as specifically as it should be. And as a result of its vague classification, the duties are set way too high. This is actually true.
They might be able to change the classification right then and there, but sometimes they will tell you that you need to speak to the agent in charge of your package and they will give you the number for that office. If they don't just call the Dallas office. They usually have their shit together there.
UPS Shipping and logistics Dallas office 972-304-6978
If you give them your tracking number they should direct you to an agent in charge of your package. Explain to them your situation. They will probably give you a classification that Acronym specified (6203.33.xxxx) which has a duty rate of 27% which is insanely high. Tell them that the classification is not necessarily incorrect, but it's just not specific enough. Give your agent the following classification numbers:
6201.99.8010 - for Cotton (Stotz)
6201.99.8020 - for Wool (LP - that would be a pleasant surprise)
6201.99.8030 - for synthetics (SS, WS or GT)
This changes your rate to something like 4% and saves you hundreds of dollars.

Once your agent confirms the rate change...
UPS bill pay - 803-502-2525. Call these people and pay your lowered duties.

Are these codes and approximate duty rates still accurate (post from 2017)? Want to confirm before I order. 

You can google "chapter 62 hts" and it brings up a pdf with the current codes in use.

1 hour ago, eyeheartny said:

Are these codes and approximate duty rates still accurate (post from 2017)? Want to confirm before I order. 

Watch out for an additional 15% trade war tariff on made-in-China products, including the J1A-GT. I learned that the hard way with a recent order. I think all other Acronym products are made in Europe though, so it shouldn't be a concern.

11 minutes ago, ogre said:

Watch out for an additional 15% trade war tariff on made-in-China products, including the J1A-GT. I learned that the hard way with a recent order. I think all other Acronym products are made in Europe though, so it shouldn't be a concern.

Ordered a pair of P10A-DS. Main site says made in Switzerland so looks like 2.8% duties based on HS lookup I did. 

5 hours ago, eyeheartny said:

Ordered a pair of P10A-DS. Main site says made in Switzerland so looks like 2.8% duties based on HS lookup I did. 

that refers to the DS fabric but you're safe either way

all the p30a's for sale in the sales thread was a bit discouraging, seemed like many people we're not liking them, but I got mine in and my initial impressions are very strong. ill perhaps edit this post with a fit pic so I can be the tall guy reference. I think I'm happy with sizing up for length, but even at 6'3ish I would think a medium would still be fine

18 minutes ago, hooper said:

all the p30a's for sale in the sales thread was a bit discouraging, seemed like many people we're not liking them, but I got mine in and my initial impressions are very strong. ill perhaps edit this post with a fit pic so I can be the tall guy reference. I think I'm happy with sizing up for length, but even at 6'3ish I would think a medium would still be fine

So I'm guessing you went with large?

Kind of funny, but after combing this thread for sizing references, I still don't really know how I should size as a 6'1" skinny dude.

28 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Kind of funny, but after combing this thread for sizing references, I still don't really know how I should size as a 6'1" skinny dude.

6'4" here with a 32/33-inch waist. I got my p23a-s' in L because i was concerned about length. The -S work for me only because they have belt loops, but then theres a lot of excess material in the waist that you kinda have to figure out what to do with... not sure how the -DS are in comparison as I dont have first-hand experience with the dual locking buckle system thats on them. I've heard they cinch down tighter than the Stotz ones? Length-wise, they're... okay i guess. Could use an extra inch or two to get a more baggy look like in the official product shots.

Edited by strikethrough

29 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Try measuring your body using a cloth tape from where you’d have the waistband sit. Check the outseam measurements of the different sizes you’re considering. Should help you figure out where they’ll hit on you. Outseam obviously better than inseam for this due to low crotch throwing off that measurement. 

I had a tough time deciding between a small and medium even though the difference is only about an inch in length. Decided to try the medium for the time being. 5’10

I went with size medium and these fit perfectly. Initially, I was worries about the waist size given I am waist size 29~ so naturally I should go with small as I wear small in everything else.

But given I am 6 feet tall, the original advice was to go with the length of the pants instead of waist size. This couldn't be more right, as I think a small size would have come up short with the extended cuffs. You can tighten the waist size quite a bit and it sits at my hip instead of waist. 

I am having issues attaching pics with my phone so I can upload some pics later if anyone wants for reference.

Hope that helps.

What's the overall length of the P30A with the extended cuff added? The measurements on the site seem to only list the outseam for when they're in 3/4 mode. Is "3/4 mode" to be taken literally here?

2 hours ago, hooper said:

yeah i don't know what they are thinking. these pants are awesome. 

perhaps they haven't really worn them outside in daily use and are judging them from being worn only at home. i certainly had doubts at first based on how ridiculously wide the pants were and that it just didn't look right for some reason. but i've worn them outside and they are something else out in the field. as others have noted they look so much better in movement and it feels it has the acronym aesthetic more than the p23a and p24a. 

re: p30a

for me the amount of material at the drop crotch was too much and the DS would have taken time to wear in / settle. i was a fan of the fit on my p23a-ds much more

21 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I'm 6' and a medium is good, although there are elements of the large that work really well, so it's taking me a while to decide which one I want to keep. If you were 6'2" I would definitely suggest a large, due to the added inch of length. I'd probably say the same for 6'1". The pant looks fucking amazing when rolled as well.

[ FYI, my recommendation of a large has nothing to do with the fact that I'm selling one ]

20 hours ago, iamundying said:

perhaps they haven't really worn them outside in daily use and are judging them from being worn only at home. i certainly had doubts at first based on how ridiculously wide the pants were and that it just didn't look right for some reason. but i've worn them outside and they are something else out in the field. as others have noted they look so much better in movement and it feels it has the acronym aesthetic more than the p23a and p24a. 

Completely agree. At first I had my doubts, particularly due to the strange stacking of the fresh DS. But after a week in the field, it takes shape. The drape is great, the "nappy effect" dramatically better, and the design is incredibly light and comfortable. One of my favourites.

My initial reservations were that the pant is a little too cosplay, but after a while wearing it I actually feel that it's less so than the P23A.

20 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

What's the overall length of the P30A with the extended cuff added?

I'll measure both the medium and large tonight and get back to you. Let me know if there's anything else that you need.

Does the P23A-S (is it Stotz?) just wear super fast or is it just me?