Westbrook

Acronym.

1 hour ago, solo1 said:

I have tried dying black stotz multiple times and it has not been successful  -- the egyptian cotton mechanism  ( the fabric tightens up, and the pores close, in order to reduce water absorption)

actually works too well, making it so the liquid dye can't penetrate the fabric deeply. 

If anyone has had real successful getting a deep black, let me know.. 

I got bleach on my p10 about 2 years ago. Got in touch with Stotz and they said regular dye wouldn't work as it won't stick (don't remember the exact technical reason). People here suggested India ink and it has worked wonders. Obviously, I used it to dye a small patch so I don't know how practical it would be to use to dye an entire piece. 

15 hours ago, DavidMN said:

Thanks! Will have to try Dylon. In my experience, black Rit dye normally comes out being a very dark bluish black, I've only had luck with it dying to almost pure black on 100% cotton shirts.

Ahh dylon gives similar results its always goting to have that blueish tint i think w dyes to a certain degree. 

Maybe try india ink as post above.

Hello,

any new experience with the glasses? Prescription was possible?

best regards 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

Hello,

any new experience with the glasses? Prescription was possible?

best regards 

prescription is possible on any glasses/frames, unless acronym superglued the lenses onto the frames which is highly unlikely. any optician would be able to pop the lens out and install your prescribed lenses in. however, the problem is you wouldn't be able to get your prescription onto the colour tinted lenses so it would just be clear.

Edited by deathrazr
confirmed with optician friend, prescription colour lenses is doable

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, deathrazr said:

prescription is possible on any glasses/frames, unless acronym superglued the lenses onto the frames which is highly unlikely. any optician would be able to pop the lens out and install your prescribed lenses in. however, the problem is you wouldn't be able to get your prescription onto the colour tinted lenses so it would just be clear.

Can confirm that tinted lenses with prescription is doable.

A comparison in case you guys want to do the same. The lenses taken off the frame are the original ones.

aaaa.jpg

Edited by rogerhuangxj

heavy prescriptions won’t work In them specs

4 hours ago, rogerhuangxj said:

Can confirm that tinted lenses with prescription is doable.

A comparison in case you guys want to do the same. The lenses taken off the frame are the original ones.

aaaa.jpg

Is it complicated or daily business for them? I have -3.75 and the frame looks straight so normally nothing critical for a lens 

Is there any chance of a re-stock / new products of a J74-PX? I would be totally into a black liner piece.
Thx in advance and cheers!

9 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

Is it complicated or daily business for them? I have -3.75 and the frame looks straight so normally nothing critical for a lens 

It’s daily business for most places. Try to find one that’s used to doing designer frames, and it helps to check some reviews and look for places where folks share stories of taking in their frames to have prescriptions put in. I’ve found most shops are excited to see/work with frames from designers they don’t see often.

I really want a 3a-2, but the only one I see for sale around is almost 4x retail on grailed, and I don't want it that bad.

Has anyone bought a 3a-mk2 and converted it to a standalone bag, by putting on a bagjack strap or something similar?

Thanks in advance.

Even putting a qlqr strap on a 3a-mk2 wouldn't be worth it imo. Unless you're all about that main storage but it would still be missing the other 3a-2 features.

17 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

It’s daily business for most places. Try to find one that’s used to doing designer frames, and it helps to check some reviews and look for places where folks share stories of taking in their frames to have prescriptions put in. I’ve found most shops are excited to see/work with frames from designers they don’t see often.

Many thanks. Probably will give it a try 

Any chances the 3a-2 restocks? I'm sure it won't, but you guys are the experts =)

On 8/21/2019 at 4:12 AM, xzamx said:

Any chances the 3a-2 restocks? I'm sure it won't, but you guys are the experts =)

Well... they removed it ... so don’t think it’s any time soon..

45499E28-64F0-49AA-A404-33C3E45A1773.jpeg

Posted (edited)

J1A and P30A just restocked.

Am I the only one getting the impression that this is very likely to happen frequently? Let’s see what this does to the resell market.

Edited by dixonschneider

56 minutes ago, dixonschneider said:

J1A and P30A just restocked.

Am I the only one getting the impression that this is very likely to happen frequently? Let’s see what this does to the resell market.

I guess the possibility to react to demand was one of the targets to change to additional production facilities.

2 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

I guess the possibility to react to demand was one of the targets to change to additional production facilities.

with this in mind, it is a good strategy to be patient and not paying astronimcal prices on the reseller market.

and if this by intention and an on-going strategy it will force probably a disruption of the reseller market.

Just copped the P30A-DS finally. Hopefully receive the shipping confirmation soon. Glad they are switching things up.

@Voyager called out the possibility of a restock before ss20 when the p30a originally dropped.

im happy to see j1a still available in all sizes and the p30a only sold out for XS and S.

3 hours ago, Holger said:

with this in mind, it is a good strategy to be patient and not paying astronimcal prices on the reseller market.

and if this by intention and an on-going strategy it will force probably a disruption of the reseller market.

I don't think there's an Acronym reseller market anymore... all the resellers I've seen have moved on. The only few listings I've seen that I would consider real "reselling" is if they are:

1. selling the select "grail pieces"
  2. selling in Japan (due to the native markup)

Everything is being restocked/re-released so no one really cares to flip Acronym stuff anymore, especially when the prestos bricked.

With all these in mind we should see less interest in holding items because with better availability it is less interesting to pay high prices for older stuff (except key items).

But there aren’t a lot key items anymore. The J1 is randomly updated and improved. Same as 3A-1 and J28. 

The only real Key Items are probably the 3A-7, CP and the Sets.

But just my understanding. Best as always. Not store it, use it to the max for best influence on environment.

Posted (edited)

Edited by daniel

19 minutes ago, daniel said:

40 minutes ago, xc-mtb said:

With all these in mind we should see less interest in holding items because with better availability it is less interesting to pay high prices for older stuff (except key items).

But there aren’t a lot key items anymore. The J1 is randomly updated and improved. Same as 3A-1 and J28. 

The only real Key Items are probably the 3A-7, CP and the Sets.

But just my understanding. Best as always. Not store it, use it to the max for best influence on environment.

Agree with you. some more grailed key items possibly added to your list, 3A-12TS, J54-LP

2 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

You can definitely see this on grailed or other buy/selling groups on the internet. With retail that high, people seem to not even get back what they paid for originally (i.e. some SS19 jackets like J76-GT).

Ordered the P30DS in size M. Was told its about the length of the pants that matter for these and not the waist as I am normally a size 29/30 which I normally go size small. I'm also 6 feet tall.

If anyone can confirm that would be great.  

1 hour ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Anyone knows if the auxzips of jackets and insulators of different sizes go together? 

my medium j63a-fo zips into my large j1a-gt