Westbrook

Acronym.

11 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I've got a 3A-1, 3A-5TS, and now a 3A-2 coming. I alternate between the 3A-1 and the 3A-5TS for daily use, and would travel with the 5 were I going on a trip for a week or more.

Maybe it's not actually practical from a design perspective (meaning I'm sure they've thought of this and it doesn't work) but it would have been really cool to see a 3A-2 with tec-sys compatibility, so that it could be attached to the outside of the 5TS when traveling, and then detached and used as a daypack when you've arrived wherever.

It’s called 3A-MK2.

18 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

It’s called 3A-MK2.

except its not really a 3a-2 without the QLQR strap now is it? 

18 minutes ago, lxkhor said:

except its not really a 3a-2 without the QLQR strap now is it? 

I think mk2 is without the back mesh pocket and the inner pocket, btw mothersite has both product shots

really wish 3A-2 could be somehow attached on my 3ts without straps. what is the single D ring at the back for?

2 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

I think mk2 is without the back mesh pocket and the inner pocket, btw mothersite has both product shots

really wish 3A-2 could be somehow attached on my 3ts without straps. what is the single D ring at the back for?

My guess is for carabiner/keychain 

Posted (edited)

@junkie_dolphin If you plan on keeping your bags, it wouldn't be all that hard to sew some webbing with slotted loops onto the 3A-2 that lines up with the tecsys on your 5ts. 

Edited by X.bee

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2019 at 11:00 PM, daniel said:

3A-WB2 will be in by tomorrow, 154cm seems not to long, i will post an impression

Mine came in yesterday, hadn't had the chance to measure it yet - the package says 140cm which i think could be quite accurate. I'm a quite slim guy so it is a bit long but i still like it. I now ordered some acronym-esque plastic clips (as seen on the 3A-1 or 3A-3TS QLQR System) to hold the excess.

(Edit: i just measured it and it is in fact 140cm long)

Quick Review: The belt itself is pretty nice. Reduced, minimal, and very slim - as opposed to some cobra belts which are really thick and heavy. The d-ring "lock" works buttery smooth and the quick release strap is a nice addition to it. I ordered the black/olive colorway without knowing what it really is. The color is nice, one side of the belt is black/olive, the backside black - which results in kind of a bicolor look because of the excess length which is almost 50% of my waist. 

Edited by dixonschneider

I agree it's a bummer the 3A-2 doesn't come with proper tec-sys compatibility, but I guess if it did they wouldn't be able to sell any MK2 anymore:P

That said, you can actually use slotted loops on the top strap of the 3A-2 and attach it to another bag. Unfortunately the bottom strap doesn't line up with the webbing, but the bag isn't dangling around too much even without any bottom fixation. The shoulder strap nicely tucks into the backside mesh pocket, too.

Here's some pics - sorry for the bad quality, but I guess you get the idea.

mqm013c.jpgZPwkgUk.jpgQ3VrBii.jpg

On 8/8/2019 at 5:59 PM, dixonschneider said:

Mine came in yesterday, hadn't had the chance to measure it yet - the package says 140cm which i think could be quite accurate. I'm a quite slim guy so it is a bit long but i still like it. I now ordered some acronym-esque plastic clips (as seen on the 3A-1 or 3A-3TS QLQR System) to hold the excess.

(Edit: i just measured it and it is in fact 140cm long)

Quick Review: The belt itself is pretty nice. Reduced, minimal, and very slim - as opposed to some cobra belts which are really thick and heavy. The d-ring "lock" works buttery smooth and the quick release strap is a nice addition to it. I ordered the black/olive colorway without knowing what it really is. The color is nice, one side of the belt is black/olive, the backside black - which results in kind of a bicolor look because of the excess length which is almost 50% of my waist. 

The previous 3A-WB2 olive color says 144 cm on spec sheet. That means new 3A-WB2 is shorter. It says gen 1.1 on new 3A-WB2 specsheet and gen 1 on previous one. No any upgrade at all.

For 3A-2, I compare it(new xpac 2019)  with the og(olive green). Construction is completely the same. nothing changed apart from the type of zipper used at the mesh area, I dont have the L2 version to compare with but should be identical construction as well. 

30 minutes ago, darkart said:

For 3A-2, I compare it(new xpac 2019)  with the og(olive green). Construction is completely the same. nothing changed apart from the type of zipper used at the mesh area, I dont have the L2 version to compare with but should be identical construction as well. 

We're going to need some pics of that OG 3A-2!

Weird question but how do you stop the p30a fabric from bunching up in the front? I would much prefer it bunching up in the back of anything haha. 

14 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Weird question but how do you stop the p30a fabric from bunching up in the front? I would much prefer it bunching up in the back of anything haha. 

Yeah sadly, the new belt is not an improvement over the old. A real hindrance... I figured my way around it by angling my waist downwards almost like beginning deadlift stance and doing a few partial cinches whilst pushing the fabric back.

Just finished (skim) reading all pages dating back to October last year, I haven't been on for a minute, it's good to see this still going. Definitely the older users.

A question if I may, opinions and reviews of the Infinium (-fo) fabric? In hand colour (it changes quite a lot depending on the photo) and durability? How well, or poorly, does it age?

I'm not sure what it is but there's something that's really attracting me towards the J46-FO but I go through mood swings in regards to the fabric. Anyone got the J46-FO and could share their experience with the piece? 

Any information would be great. Fit pics would be amazing! 

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

Just finished (skim) reading all pages dating back to October last year, I haven't been on for a minute, it's good to see this still going. Definitely the older users.

A question if I may, opinions and reviews of the Infinium (-fo) fabric? In hand colour (it changes quite a lot depending on the photo) and durability? How well, or poorly, does it age?

I'm not sure what it is but there's something that's really attracting me towards the J46-FO but I go through mood swings in regards to the fabric. Anyone got the J46-FO and could share their experience with the piece? 

Any information would be great. Fit pics would be amazing! 

Thanks.

I think I posted about it a while back. I love my J46-FO. I encourage all Acronym fans to try a FO piece eventually. My only complaint is that the collar doesn't look great when you squish the hood all up in it, but I'm fine with just leaving the hood out. J46 is _the_ long cut Acronym design and FO is the most futuristic fabric they offer so I don't think you can go wrong here.

On that topic it would be cool to see a J68-FO or an insulated J65-FO with a hood come to fruition.

bout to attach 2 jacketslingæ to my mp1 and make the most adorable back 2 school backpack, thanks errolson

3 hours ago, nodre said:

bout to attach 2 jacketslingæ to my mp1 and make the most adorable back 2 school backpack, thanks errolson

would love you see how you do that. and fit pics as well. Thank you

3A-2 arrived today. Not exactly a new piece, so I doubt I have much to add, but it’s interesting to me that these bags haven’t been updated at all for current technology in the way that the pants often have been. The pocket within the main pocket of the bag isn’t really big enough for most things—pens, maybe, or keys, but it’s a bit too snug for a phone or wallet.

The strap is also very, very long, but for those lefties out there, the entire bag can be flipped around by taking the strap out and switching it around.

The black x-pac is nice, though honestly I’m all about the olive—both my 3A-1 and 3A-5TS are olive, and it’s aged really well. But I guess olive doesn’t sell as well as black does?

12 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

3A-2 arrived today. Not exactly a new piece, so I doubt I have much to add, but it’s interesting to me that these bags haven’t been updated at all for current technology in the way that the pants often have been. The pocket within the main pocket of the bag isn’t really big enough for most things—pens, maybe, or keys, but it’s a bit too snug for a phone or wallet.

The strap is also very, very long, but for those lefties out there, the entire bag can be flipped around by taking the strap out and switching it around.

The black x-pac is nice, though honestly I’m all about the olive—both my 3A-1 and 3A-5TS are olive, and it’s aged really well. But I guess olive doesn’t sell as well as black does?

Arrived for me too. I was a little skeptic about the black x-pac as well, but so far so good. I really enjoy the contrast with the buckle hardware and the pure darkness of the black x-pac. I've also always wanted 3a2 in x-pac, the perfect combo imo.

The strap itself feels cheaper than my laminate 3a2, but same length and measurements overall it seems. I've always liked how long this shoulder strap is compared to other 3a models.

I personally love the smaller interior pocket, yes it doesn't hold our giant cellphones, but i think that's what this bag itself is kinda for (or i always personally use the back mesh pocket). The interior pocket which measures 5.5" deep however works excellently for pens, airpods, various cards (card holder if you use one), cash or coins, trinkets and totems, it even stores my glasses perfectly and well protected. And as for the main compartment, I'm always taken back but just how much it can store. I could literally come up with 100 examples of carrying capacity. I just walked to my friend's place with my switch, two extra joycons, aoku 160616 mod (fully loaded), glasses, keys and wallet. Hopefully decent enough example, and no shoulder pain!

Great bag, can't wait to see how this new x-pac ages.

10 hours ago, hooper said:

I think I posted about it a while back. I love my J46-FO. I encourage all Acronym fans to try a FO piece eventually. My only complaint is that the collar doesn't look great when you squish the hood all up in it, but I'm fine with just leaving the hood out. J46 is _the_ long cut Acronym design and FO is the most futuristic fabric they offer so I don't think you can go wrong here.

On that topic it would be cool to see a J68-FO or an insulated J65-FO with a hood come to fruition.

Yeah! 68 would be a good and maybe obvious one for the full leather-look rider jacket!

Anyone has a rough guideline on P27H and P30 sizes for different heights? All I can manage to find by searching historical posts is to size by height but now how.

Has anyone redyed RAF stotz before ? 

I'm cool w the method just wondering if there is any no no green dyes / what the best colour or brand to use is.

Only ever done black.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, GUNDAM said:

Has anyone redyed RAF stotz before ? 

I'm cool w the method just wondering if there is any no no green dyes / what the best colour or brand to use is.

Only ever done black.

Thanks in advance

What dye did you use for black stotz? I have some P9-S's that I'd like to redye a bit darker, but I have been hesitant since I don't really want to ruin the waistband details. 

21 minutes ago, DavidMN said:

What dye did you use for black stotz? I have some P9-S's that I'd like to redye a bit darker, but I have been hesitant since I don't really want to ruin the waistband details. 

I used dylon black dye before not the chuck in the washer one but the hand dye one. Worked fine, others on here have mentioned rit and i have some of that sitting at home and that looks v black so will probably try that next time.

1 hour ago, GUNDAM said:

I used dylon black dye before not the chuck in the washer one but the hand dye one. Worked fine, others on here have mentioned rit and i have some of that sitting at home and that looks v black so will probably try that next time.

Thanks! Will have to try Dylon. In my experience, black Rit dye normally comes out being a very dark bluish black, I've only had luck with it dying to almost pure black on 100% cotton shirts.

3 hours ago, DavidMN said:

I have tried dying black stotz multiple times and it has not been successful  -- the egyptian cotton mechanism  ( the fabric tightens up, and the pores close, in order to reduce water absorption)

actually works too well, making it so the liquid dye can't penetrate the fabric deeply. 

If anyone has had real successful getting a deep black, let me know..