Acronym.

Westbrook

16 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Last but not least, the hitch tabs on the J28 are really useful, given the width of the sleeves. Much more so than the other pieces I own, where I struggle to roll the sleeves up over my forearms.

Jackets with baggier sleeves are the only ones I've found the hitch tabs somewhat useful on. It is so cumbersome if not impossible with slimmer sleeves. Admittedly, the only time I've used them is while biking when slinging isn't an option.

6 hours ago, Yardsale said:

Anyone that owns the J76, do you use it as your main? It's more similar to my J15 that I just sold. I wonder if you can squeeze some of the thicker insulators underneath.

Yup, my main shell now lined with the 58 or 65 during colder months. I preferred the utility over the j1 both pockets and hood wise. Have the 61 for severe weather.

J16-GT could be the only Acronym piece I own for the rest of my life and I'd be quite happy. Pocket capacity > quantity but fortunately it has both. The chest pockets are huge. Looking at pictures of it before, I assumed the pockets would reach up to the stitch line just above the top zipper, but they actually go all the way up to the shoulder stitching, it's wild. Will swallow boarding passes and books with ease.

Edited by fasttimes

since both wool surface lp in j54 and mixture lp in j1a are listed as hardshell.

well my daydreaming acrnm jacket would be something j29a-lp the wool surfaced one or you may call the cut version of j38 would work.

the softshell ultimate version blazer is long da sein the ss-j5, as well as the leather blazer l-j11.

3 hours ago, fasttimes said:

J16-GT could be the only Acronym piece I own for the rest of my life and I'd be quite happy. Pocket capacity > quantity but fortunately it has both. The chest pockets are huge. Looking at pictures of it before, I assumed the pockets would reach up to the stitch line just above the top zipper, but they actually go all the way up to the shoulder stitching, it's wild. Will swallow boarding passes and books with ease.

Yea I don't see myself moving mine either unless people want to pay up for it. It has wings

21 hours ago, Yardsale said:

Anyone that owns the J76, do you use it as your main? It's more similar to my J15 that I just sold. I wonder if you can squeeze some of the thicker insulators underneath.

I wear the J76 since a few months now in cold and warm weather areas and it works for me very well. I used the jacket even for hiking trips. I use the J76 in combination with the J74-PX for colder months and it just works fine.

12 minutes ago, Holger said:

I wear the J76 since a few months now in cold and warm weather areas and it works for me very well. I used the jacket even for hiking trips. I use the J76 in combination with the J74-PX for colder months and it just works fine.

J76 in Medium, just to have a different view from the motherside pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ezxdt67m1tho9b/IMG_0936.jpg?dl=0

Appreciate all the help, ended up getting a J76 since it's the closest to the J15 I just sold. I prefer a more streamlined look because

1.) Usually have my 3A-1 on me

2.) 3A-1 is a lefty version and the way pockets are placed on some of the busier jackets, I was worried the strap would just be over the pockets all the time.

9 hours ago, Yardsale said:

2.) 3A-1 is a lefty version and the way pockets are placed on some of the busier jackets, I was worried the strap would just be over the pockets all the time.

Exactly, I altered my 3ts to left, ending up strap over my j28’s chest pockets. I am used to right side now. 

Anyone have both the P24A-S and the P32-S able to give a comparison?  Do you find yourself wearing them in different conditions or do they perform pretty similarly?

Can’t decide if I want to pick up both or just the P24A-S (if a pair in XL ever reappears).

I’m 6’3”, 200lbs - just a little concerned on the length of the P32-S since the sizing charts look like it’s a bit shorter.

5 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Interest in seeing the CP3 as we jumped from iteration 2 straight to 4, - is there a Deus Ex version waiting for me?

I saw in the Discord AMA E said he never finished the CP3, but who knows, nothing is ever certain with this guy.

Does anyone own a P32-DS and can give a short review. Is the look and feel comparable to the P24A-DS?

In the beginning I was a little bit worried about the cargo pocket style, but since I owning the P10A-E I have to confess the pockets are really cool and very useful!

3 hours ago, Holger said:

Does anyone own a P32-DS and can give a short review. Is the look and feel comparable to the P24A-DS?

In the beginning I was a little bit worried about the cargo pocket style, but since I owning the P10A-E I have to confess the pockets are really cool and very useful!

#makecargopantsgreatagain

I own both. I'll try to find some time this weekend to write my thoughts down. At a surface level, the P32 have a more aggressive taper towards the ankle and are a bit more billow-y up top. They drape better and really don't feel like you're wearing pants. The 24A-DS feel more hefty and bulky. The pockets are also set up in a way that make it, well, look like a super-cargo-utility pant. 

10 hours ago, solographik said:

#makecargopantsgreatagain

I own both. I'll try to find some time this weekend to write my thoughts down. At a surface level, the P32 have a more aggressive taper towards the ankle and are a bit more billow-y up top. They drape better and really don't feel like you're wearing pants. The 24A-DS feel more hefty and bulky. The pockets are also set up in a way that make it, well, look like a super-cargo-utility pant. 

thats great. I don't have the feeling that the P24A-DS is so hefty, but that makes the P32 even more attractive.

many thx @solographik

Edited by Holger
forgot something

9 hours ago, Holger said:

thats great. I don't have the feeling that the P24A-DS is so hefty, but that makes the P32 even more attractive.

many thx @solographik

Also the 32 like the 16/23a hold items better than standard cargo with the items higher up on the leg relative to the hip. Since the hip is the effective axis of movement shit farther away from your pockets is moving faster so the 16/23a/32 feel better fully laden than shit in the pockets of 1/3/5/7/10a/24/30/30a. Just an observation. The 32 also has a more forgiving waist so you don't have to wear it like CdG/Yohji trousers close to your belly button.

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

Also the 32 like the 16/23a hold items better than standard cargo with the items higher up on the leg relative to the hip. Since the hip is the effective axis of movement shit farther away from your pockets is moving faster so the 16/23a/32 feel better fully laden than shit in the pockets of 1/3/5/7/10a/24/30/30a. Just an observation. The 32 also has a more forgiving waist so you don't have to wear it like CdG/Yohji trousers close to your belly button.

feel better fully laden :)

16 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

thats a double plus, especially I want load the pants up (isn't this the purpose anyway?) with my stuff:)

Many thx.