Westbrook

Acronym.

Posted (edited)

Thanks @jellyq. Have been doing this, with mild success. And I don’t feel like I’m really getting it as tight as I want to.

I have to admit it’s a ballache compared to the tried and trusted cinch & belt mechanism!

Edited by lopiteaux

Suck your belly in and tighten that fucker in, one strap at a time. Seems to work best for me. 

I remember when the built in belt was introduced you either pull the straps straight down at an angle so they won’t move or you could loop the belt back into itself so the straps go inward. Unless this was changed on these it should still work 

Posted (edited)

If you pull the pants up above your hips a little you will have less friction (unless your belly is bigger than your hips). I always pull both at the same time 90 degrees outward and a little towards my back. That at least works for me (p27).

Regarding the sizing of the current j1 iteration (compared it to the j47ts, both size M).
- chest: almost identical, j1 has a little more room 
- body: j1 has more room
- shoulders/sleeves: j1 more room, the length is almost the same (j1 might be longer by a centimeter)

All of this is still marginal. I would neither size down the j1 nor size up the j47ts. 

Edited by aru
missing sizing info

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys! 

Edit: Another question, anyone knows the lay-flat width of P10A-DS's thigh area? 

Edited by hentaiyarou69

Some more thoughts on the P30A-DS.

Firstly, i was genuinely surprised by how different they look and feel compared to the P30-CH, considering they're essentially the same trouser. The CH have so much more weight that they drape completely differently and hold a much more solid shape than the DS. You can see this in the photo's from the first P30 drop but wearing them is a whole different world. Now I love Dryskin, i've got over half a dozen DS pants but these are something else. They almost have a cargo pant vibe from some angles, which i really liked, and after an hour of wear, i honestly didn't feel like i was wearing pants at all, the lack of friction in movement combined with the lack of weight is just insane, it's like the pant feels like it's just floating around you. 

Other interesting things... the cuff is much wider at the bottom then the P23 style cuffs, making them much easier to put on and take off, and the zip construction is solid, to zip or unzip the cuffs, you just simply flip the bottom of the cuffs up and it's easy...very clever. Also, the belt tightening plastic things are slightly different than the european models, as is the belt ribbon. The difference is very very small but it feels a little more resistant when loosening and tightening. In theory, i guess this means less likely to slip to loosen, not that i found that a problem with other pants, other than the very first release of the P23TS.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the tips @AvantSol, @aru, and @Kamikaze. I'll have a play this evening, although it's worth saying that the fiddling I did beforehand was surprisingly effective. To echo @Dolphinski's comments, the trousers are incredibly light - they certainly don't feel like 700g - and the waistband suprisingly effective at keeping them in place. The fabric feels much thinner and lighter than other DS I've owned, and it really feels weightless and naked. I'm still trying to figure out how to minimise the trousers tent and nappy effect, but so far I'm really feeling this as the perfect summer pant.

@Dolphinski, is there any chance you could share a fit comparison of the P30-CH and P30A-DS? I'd be very interested to see the difference in shape and drape. I'm wearing my P17-CH again today, and just reminded of how incredible the fabric and block is.

Edited by lopiteaux

Posted (edited)

Sure, i'll try and do something this weekend.

WRT tightening the pants, it's really easy once you get the jitsu. I just push both ribbons from the outside to make little loops, pop my index fingers under them and hold with thumbs, pull away from your waist to tighten and then pull the ends to lock. Easy and done in seconds,

Edited by Dolphinski

Yea post that fit pic. Now that I think of it, I've never seen one of the P30-CH

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2019 at 6:03 AM, HeckHouse said:

Another fit pic with the P32-S and the J67, in case folks were curious about either.

DSC05804.thumb.jpg.ada0ba41f966925d951f0a00e8e062d7.jpg

Which size are you?

Fit looks bigger than I expected. Product shots look pretty snug.

Edited by kiraraneda

2 hours ago, kiraraneda said:

Which size are you bro?

Bro :laugh:

@kenwiryadi you don't want those anymore, but I'll take em since you don't want them anymore :ph34r:

Posted (edited)

Edit - just gonna review these p30a

wearing then around the house. I had to go with a large since it was what’s left. I’m 5’10ish and the cuff when in 3/4 mode hits above the ankle still so I get the cropped look. It’s very big with the drop crouch but it’s so comfortable. The belt stays put for me due to the webbing but it’s tough to pull to tighten. 

Edited by Kamikaze

Hard to tell, the P30s have a different silhouette depending on what angle you're looking at it from 

anyone here to compare 27ds / 30ds-a?, many thanks for any feedback on this topic !

7 hours ago, X.bee said:

@kenwiryadi you don't want those anymore, but I'll take em since you don't want them anymore :ph34r:

Lol i’ll probly get buried with it

regarding the silhouette, yeah its kinda hard to tell since its ultra wide and the material is not stiff enough to maintain its shape

Did they ever restock the p31? 

I was hearing they had production delays and would restock but not sure if I missed it 

6 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Did they ever restock the p31? 

I was hearing they had production delays and would restock but not sure if I missed it 

Nope, not yet - Thanks for the tip :-) Was considering getting the P10A-DS but if the P31 is getting a restock I'll hold off...

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Want to get a pulse on the community:

Is it bad form to buy a size you don't wear as a trade chip for a garment of correct size? 

I'm of the opinion that it is—but I'm salty at these clowns that bought L or M P30A-DS trying now to trade for a S or XS now.

I agree with you, let people who actually wear the size cop. There’s no point in sitting on an item in hopes of swapping on grailed or here. 

I’m getting real tired of all these WTT posts in the sales thread as well. 

Edited by Mixture

if you sized incorrectly or believe you could've pulled it off i can understand with a one size difference but if you are buying a large trying to trade for a xs then yeah it sucks(unless the sizing is really big)

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

if you sized incorrectly or believe you could've pulled it off i can understand with a one size difference but if you are buying a large trying to trade for a xs then yeah it sucks(unless the sizing is really big)

I get that sometimes fear of missing out causes wrong behavior but I think this is even a stretch for most, most everyone knows about whether they're fitting the items or not for the super/ultra wide stuff. 

I am also still salty because I remember all those P23A-DS medium purchases by those guys who are <5'8" 140lbs because smalls sold out instantly. The profile items are the hardest to fit and I can understand.

Edited by CARLOOA

The strategy of buying up whatever size in hopes for trading makes potentially not only one person unhappy but two, so I'd say it's strictly worse.

Question about the 3A-5TS:

On images of the 3A-6TS I can see that the 3A-MK3 fits nicely between its compression buckles. It looks like the 3A-MK1 is a little too big to fit between them. Is the space between compression buckles the same on the 3A-5TS? In other words, could one fit the MK3 between buckles on the 5TS?

More broadly speaking, what kind of modulars do you guys use on the 5TS/6TS? Thinking about different options right now.

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 2:40 AM, kiraraneda said:

Which size are you?

5’9”, 125lbs, size Small. The pants are absolutely not snug, if you’re referring to the jacket, it’s similar to the J69.

Edited by HeckHouse
Clarifying comment about pants vs. the jacket.

41 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Question about the 3A-5TS:

On images of the 3A-6TS I can see that the 3A-MK3 fits nicely between its compression buckles. It looks like the 3A-MK1 is a little too big to fit between them. Is the space between compression buckles the same on the 3A-5TS? In other words, could one fit the MK3 between buckles on the 5TS?

More broadly speaking, what kind of modulars do you guys use on the 5TS/6TS? Thinking about different options right now.

Mk1 will be too big. Exchanged my mk1 for a mk3 for this very reason