Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

P30a is made in China right? I just paid the duties for mine and they're something like 7-8% so I didn't even bother trying to lower them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup made in China. If 7-8% it sounds like the code was correct 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BRICK DOM said:

P30a is made in China right? I just paid the duties for mine and they're something like 7-8% so I didn't even bother trying to lower them

Yea, it should be 6203.43.1190 at 7.1%.  And it's hit or miss, sometimes they come in with the right code, sometimes it comes in at 27%.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

Yea, it should be 6203.43.1190 at 7.1%.  And it's hit or miss, sometimes they come in with the right code, sometimes it comes in at 27%.  

Would that also work with the 2.2 1A, also made in China?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does anyone have photos of the p30a being worn in size L/XL? that xs looks quite baggy as is so im curious to see them in bigger sizes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'll do my best to get a pic or 2 up tomorrow. I'm 6'1" and got a size L.

Also, do y'all have to sign for your package? I have a half day tomorrow so I'll try to be home by noon lol. Package deliveries always give me anxiety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BRICK DOM said:

Yeah I'll do my best to get a pic or 2 up tomorrow. I'm 6'1" and got a size L.

Also, do y'all have to sign for your package? I have a half day tomorrow so I'll try to be home by noon lol. Package deliveries always give me anxiety

I always route my important stuff to nearby UPS office/pickup points for the peace of mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would I be a size S in P30a if I'm 5'11" 130 lbs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

Would I be a size S in P30a if I'm 5'11" 130 lbs?

S would be good for 5'9-5'11. I tried on a buddies without the cuff & the end of the pant is ~1in. above my ankles with the pant sitting at my waist. Id pay more attention to the length if anything. 5'10'' 140lb for reference.

Edited by shihcity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yardsale said:

Would I be a size S in P30a if I'm 5'11" 130 lbs?

100% go for a medium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! 

Could anyone identify the jacket? Thank you in advance!

IMG_8410.thumb.jpg.5833d5f300ede85e62ff55f77934857c.jpgIMG_8413.thumb.jpg.d7cf7d4b23d84cc0f6b39b541c8ab482.jpg

IMG_8416.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wishful thinking but I'm hoping some of the other pants get a restock - P31-DS seems like a sleeper hit.

Ended up grabbing an Alpha Green J33-E......I feel like this is gonna be one of the more versatile pieces Acronym has done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2014 at 9:37 AM, pompadork said:

tumblr_n1u35xBZFO1tq4r4uo1_500.gif

ACR (edited) GIF

ss11

:ph34r:

 

Edited by daniel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, moscowtape_ said:

Hey guys! 

Could anyone identify the jacket? Thank you in advance!

FW04/05 E-NVA1 - oldest piece in my collection! Where'd you stumble across this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Was on eBay!

 

PS @Appleseed you have a look book from the collection? Pretty sure I have the matching pants...

Edited by beepy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ nope, sorry - just the spec. sheet, which back then, only had hardline diagrams - no photos. Don't think I've ever seen a 'lookbook' of any sort from the first two years. Perhaps one of the old heads could chime in and clarify. My guess is whatever copy was produced was limited to line sheet / catalogue for the few retailers to order from? Proto-SubNet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, beepy said:

Was on eBay!

 

PS @Appleseed you have a look book from the collection? Pretty sure I have the matching pants...

these, right?!

o.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

old acr is so fucking cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Probably a dumb question but do the mezannine pockets on the P32s fill up with water when it rains? 

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Appleseed Thank you very much, man.  That’s why I like this place!

Copped it on eBay recently. The guy couldn’t recall the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The early “lookbook”  is some kind  taken by beinghunted and yet the kit 1 has a solid and earlier production photos by any level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone comment on J1A-GT 2.2 sizing vs J47A-GT sizing? 

Basically my J47A fits nicely around the chest and tummy but the sleeves are a couple of cm too short cause of my broad shoulders. Also, I find the hood to be quite tight. 

I'm currently wearing a size M J47A, would a size L J1A-GT give me a bit more sleeve length and hood size? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sizing for the 1a is still up on the mothersite, can't speak for the 47a. Chest, shoulders, and sleeve length all increase if you size up.

Sizing

  XS   S M  L XL
1/2 Chest 54   57 60  63 66
Length 65 68 71  74 77
Shoulders 13 13,5  14  14,5  15
Sleeves 65 67 69  71 73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Can someone comment on J1A-GT 2.2 sizing vs J47A-GT sizing? 

Basically my J47A fits nicely around the chest and tummy but the sleeves are a couple of cm too short cause of my broad shoulders. Also, I find the hood to be quite tight. 

I'm currently wearing a size M J47A, would a size L J1A-GT give me a bit more sleeve length and hood size?

I believe the J1 is roomier around the chest than the J47A. I’m basing this on my short ownership of the J47A-WS — I haven’t tried on the GT variant yet, but expect it won’t be too far off.

Per @jeddyhsu, you’ll get the extra sleeve length with a size up. And the hood on the new J1A is cavernous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

I believe the J1 is roomier around the chest than the J47A. I’m basing this on my short ownership of the J47A-WS — I haven’t tried on the GT variant yet, but expect it won’t be too far off.

Per @jeddyhsu, you’ll get the extra sleeve length with a size up. And the hood on the new J1A is cavernous.

I've actually looked at J1A-GT size chart vs J47A. From what I found, it seems like the shoulder and sleeve measurements for a medium J47A is the about same as a large J1A.

But if I remember correctly, the shoulder measurements on the chart is the length from where the sleeve begins to the collar. So it doesn't really say if the overall length of the sleeves when I'm wearing it will be longer if I size up from a medium J47A to a large J1A. 

Wondering if anyone who has both for a reasonable amount of time can comment on the difference. 

Edit: another reason why I think the size chart is confusing is that I've read posts of people saying the J1A is roomier around the chest but the measurements I found is 59cm vs 61cm for J1A vs J47A

Edited by hentaiyarou69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Can someone comment on J1A-GT 2.2 sizing vs J47A-GT sizing? 

Basically my J47A fits nicely around the chest and tummy but the sleeves are a couple of cm too short cause of my broad shoulders. Also, I find the hood to be quite tight. 

I'm currently wearing a size M J47A, would a size L J1A-GT give me a bit more sleeve length and hood size? 

I've owned a J47-GT and J1A 2.2. Sizing is tough to compare IMO because the patterns are so different but the J1A is much roomier than the J47. A J58 underneath the 47 was always very tight with anything more than a tee base layer. I have plenty of room and movement with the 58 and J1a together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any tips for tightening the waistband on the P30A-DS? I'm finding it near impossible.

[ I recall seeing a brief discussion on the topic a while ago, but can't find it ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After u pull the straps, try adjusting the waistband fabric so it’s not all bunched up where the buckles are. 

ie move the folds evenly around the waistband. That’s how I adjust mine. 

Not sure if it’s because it’s new, but the 30a seems harder to tighten compared to the 30. Just my 2 cents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125