Westbrook

Acronym.

3 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

if MIC i really really hope it restocks like the j1a did

i dunno why but my gut says this is restocking

3 minutes ago, hooper said:

keeping the hope alive

Has anyone placed an order from mothersite and the paypal payment has gone through but got an order cancel email which says the payment is delayed? 

I literally finished the paypal process in less 10 mins :(

I missed it. What's the recommendation on how to size these? I got a M in P25 (for length) but I usually am an XS.

2 hours ago, hooper said:

2 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

keeping the hope alive

Like the J1A-GT, the P30A-DS is a NA release.

I'd bet $$ that it'll restock before SS20.

Will you be sleeping when it restocks? Probably, but you never really know.

I hope you’re right. I really don’t want to trade everything 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Has anyone placed an order from mothersite and the paypal payment has gone through but got an order cancel email which says the payment is delayed? 

I literally finished the paypal process in less 10 mins :(

Same thing happened to me.

• 12:20 "Order confirmed" email received from acrnm
  • 12:26 "Payment confirmed" email received from acrnm
  • 12:51 Ordered canceled for "delayed payment" email received from acrnm
  • 6 hours later I have yet to be reimbursed for my "late payment", and now the site is down lol.

Will update if I hear anything back.

Edited by silat_hd

Was money taken out of your account? Was it through PayPal balance or through a linked card?

1 minute ago, X.bee said:

Was money taken out of your account? Was it through PayPal balance or through a linked card?

Cash was moved from my account, to paypal, then from paypal to Acronym all within a 6 minute  time frame. I even received a receipt and confirmation that payment was complete from acronym.

I would have been happy to re-order if they had ever sent the money back.

Posted (edited)

I haven’t get the confirmation email, having two emails in totally.

1. Order confirm

2. Order cancel

I used the MasterCard linked to PayPal, which goes through the last few drops and money is deducted both in PayPal and the bank statement. 

seems like it’s a new random test to check if you are rich enough to immediately place a new order. 

Edited by dreamboatjustsoul

6 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

I haven’t got the confirmation email, having two emails in totally.

1. Order confirm

2. Order cancel

I used the MasterCard linked to PayPal, which goes through the last few drops and money is deducted both in PayPal and the bank statement. 

seems like it’s a new random test to check if you are rich enough to immediately place a new order. 

I mean, they know I had the money... Because they still haven't returned it lol

What a bummer man, you also mentioned that the payment went through. Did they reimburse you your funds after denying your order?

1 minute ago, silat_hd said:

Did they reimburse you your funds after denying your order?

Not yet, I don’t have any condition like this before. Seems like the issue is between acronym and PayPal, as PayPal does deduct money from my bank. 

Hopefully they will sort it out, and refund us quickly 

26 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Not yet, I don’t have any condition like this before. Seems like the issue is between acronym and PayPal, as PayPal does deduct money from my bank. 

Hopefully they will sort it out, and refund us quickly 

Damn. Good luck man! 
Post up if anything happens on your end. Looking forward to good news.

Could be why the site is down. Trying to sort things out before more purchases are made. Can always email [email protected]

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, X.bee said:

Could be why the site is down. Trying to sort things out before more purchases are made. Can always email [email protected]

4:27PM I sent an email in response to my denied order.
4:35PM I sent a follow up email with a screen shot of the "Payment confirmed" email.

The initial order confirmation email states:
"Please note: Your order will only be valid once you receive a separate payment confirmation email."

The payment confirmation email states:
"Thank you for your payment for your ACRONYM® order. This email is to confirm your recent payment."

So heres to hoping things work out! 

Edited by silat_hd

Looks like motherside is down 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, silat_hd said:

Same thing happened to me.

• 12:20 "Order confirmed" email received from acrnm
  • 12:26 "Payment confirmed" email received from acrnm
  • 12:51 Ordered canceled for "delayed payment" email received from acrnm
  • 6 hours later I have yet to be reimbursed for my "late payment", and now the site is down lol.

Will update if I hear anything back.

I guess the answer is yes but you did get a Paypal receipt too within that window? Something definitely seemed a bit different this time as my first attempt stalled during Paypal payment so I killed it and ran it through again. This time it went through and I got 3 quick emails - order conf/payment conf/Paypal conf simultaneously like normal. After 30 mins I got the cancellation on the first one which had timed out during the Paypal stage. Sounds like mine didn’t get as far as yours though as Paypal hadn’t registered it the first time. 

Edited by RemarkableArmor

5 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

I guess the answer is yes but you did get a Paypal receipt too within that window? Something definitely seemed a bit different this time as my first attempt stalled during Paypal payment so I killed it and ran it through again. This time it went through and I got 3 quick emails - order conf/payment conf/Paypal conf simultaneously like normal. After 30 mins I got the cancellation on the first one which had timed out during the Paypal stage. Sounds like mine didn’t get as far as yours though as Paypal hadn’t registered it the first time. 

Paypal receipt was also received at 12:26

Paypal Anti fraud confirmation was made by 12:46, still well within the half hour time frame. And again the money was taken out of my account immediately.

Hoping the fact that they still haven't refunded me 20 hours later just means the order is complete and it was just a glitch in the matrix haha.

Seems like with a bit of scripting and patience I got an order through for one of the random restocks. Now just got to wait for a shipping confirmation

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, kraak said:

Seems like with a bit of scripting and patience I got an order through for one of the random restocks. Now just got to wait for a shipping confirmation

Good to hear someone made it lol.

Again, would be happy to reorder if they sent the money back.

It would be really wack if I reordered and both went through. It would also suck if i missed the restock.

And worst case scenario is my money floating around in some digital limbo.

How long does it typically take for them to respond?

Thanks again everyone for the support/replies

Edited by silat_hd

Responses can be slow during these times! Normally not bad in 2019 though and they’re over the patchy phase. Luckily got shipping conf earlier this end.

16 hours ago, daniel said:

anyone got the J59-GT yet?

Yeah, it's wonderful.

Only managed a handful of solid wears, was lucky there happened to be a cold spell just before the rain season/hot weather kicked off here.

It's the first GT I've been interested in in a while, apart from the J16 update. Getting used to the noise again was interesting. Last GT I owned was a J43A, about 3-4 years ago maybe and I sold it not long after buying.

It has so many great features but still simplified and light.

I'm normally an XL in Acronym but after a good measure (or 20-30...) of my J46-S it was clear the L would be sufficient. I could easily fit a tee/sweater/liner combo under there. J74 and J63A zip right in. It's very roomy, in the best way. There's a lot less skin contact inside so wearing with just a tee or a tank feels good. Used the snap closure almost every time (except during a good downpour one night). Looking forward to zipping up properly over next winter.

The shock cord really affects the shape quite drastically. The cuffs are brilliant - I was worried about becoming steamy/hot in the sleeves - but they breathe very well.

I'm reasonably tall - 191cm and the shape/silhouette looks good with a slimmer pant (P10A) or low/wide swag (P23A). In original config it's a unique piece - but versatile too, in the sense that if you whip the hood off it's a nice simple black bomber which changes the feel completely.

So happy with it overall.

1 hour ago, silat_hd said:

How long does it typically take for them to respond?

Just got the reply, it says my payment is still shown as pending and they can therefore not refund it. 

it could be either clear or refund. what a trail 

16 minutes ago, Danwise said:

Yeah, it's wonderful.

Only managed a handful of solid wears, was lucky there happened to be a cold spell just before the rain season/hot weather kicked off here.

It's the first GT I've been interested in in a while, apart from the J16 update. Getting used to the noise again was interesting. Last GT I owned was a J43A, about 3-4 years ago maybe and I sold it not long after buying.

It has so many great features but still simplified and light.

I'm normally an XL in Acronym but after a good measure (or 20-30...) of my J46-S it was clear the L would be sufficient. I could easily fit a tee/sweater/liner combo under there. J74 and J63A zip right in. It's very roomy, in the best way. There's a lot less skin contact inside so wearing with just a tee or a tank feels good. Used the snap closure almost every time (except during a good downpour one night). Looking forward to zipping up properly over next winter.

The shock cord really affects the shape quite drastically. The cuffs are brilliant - I was worried about becoming steamy/hot in the sleeves - but they breathe very well.

I'm reasonably tall - 191cm and the shape/silhouette looks good with a slimmer pant (P10A) or low/wide swag (P23A). In original config it's a unique piece - but versatile too, in the sense that if you whip the hood off it's a nice simple black bomber which changes the feel completely.

So happy with it overall.

Nice summary, and I quite appreciate the jacket's roomy and smooth fit meet the stiffness of gt pro. 

I was just wondering what is the velco for on chest pocket and sleeve bits? 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Just got the reply, it says my payment is still shown as pending and they can therefore not refund it. 

it could be either clear or refund. what a trail 

Wow really? Thats super wack.

i just got off the phone with paypal, they said acrnm ran the charge a second time 5 minutes after the initial send, and the payment was accepted. 

So my guess is since the denied email was sent 30min after the initial order, the transaction is complete and I should be getting a tracking number here soon haha. I guess id be more cause for alarm if i recieved the email at 12:56 instead of 12:51.

Paypal also mentioned that if they had tried to reimburse me for this order the money would have returned to my account instantly. 

Good luck on your end! Hopefully u get your cash Back or order confirmation soon!

Edited by silat_hd

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Nice summary, and I quite appreciate the jacket's roomy and smooth fit meet the stiffness of gt pro. 

I was just wondering what is the velco for on chest pocket and sleeve bits? 

The small patch on the front lets you snap the jacket closed through tactile feedback. You hook your thumb through the snap loop on the right and feel the velcro to locate the accompanying snap on the left.

The sleeve is just a nice throwback to the varsity jacket and arguably ornamental. It's basically the logotape velcro in a different size, shape, and location.

I love my J59TS-CH but the GT version is intriguing because its just so unordinary. And those cuffs!!

Edited by hooper

I also bought the J59-GTand can whole heartedly agree with peoples opinions. I didnt get the TS version from last year so was excited to cop this. year. I love the over sized fit and the shock cord really does change the profile; I prefer it cinched in tight so it fits more profile from the back. To my shame ive only worn it twice because of the heat, but it will be getting a lot of wear come September and on. super nice piece with a lot of nice touches and I like the crinkleness of the GT pro. I prefer it sans hood as an MA-1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Voyager said:

Like the J1A-GT, the P30A-DS is a NA release.

I'd bet $$ that it'll restock before SS20.

Will you be sleeping when it restocks? Probably, but you never really know.

would be shocked if they restocked the j1a again.  have they ever stocked an item 3x within a year before? (initial release +2 restocks) guessing not since this is the first time they've done an NA category but seems like it would be overkill

Edited by segue
edit