Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, X.bee said:

Could be why the site is down. Trying to sort things out before more purchases are made. Can always email [email protected]

4:27PM I sent an email in response to my denied order.
4:35PM I sent a follow up email with a screen shot of the "Payment confirmed" email.

The initial order confirmation email states:
"Please note: Your order will only be valid once you receive a separate payment confirmation email."

The payment confirmation email states:
"Thank you for your payment for your ACRONYM® order. This email is to confirm your recent payment."

So heres to hoping things work out! 

Edited by silat_hd

7 hours ago, silat_hd said:

Same thing happened to me.

• 12:20 "Order confirmed" email received from acrnm
  • 12:26 "Payment confirmed" email received from acrnm
  • 12:51 Ordered canceled for "delayed payment" email received from acrnm
  • 6 hours later I have yet to be reimbursed for my "late payment", and now the site is down lol.

Will update if I hear anything back.

I guess the answer is yes but you did get a Paypal receipt too within that window? Something definitely seemed a bit different this time as my first attempt stalled during Paypal payment so I killed it and ran it through again. This time it went through and I got 3 quick emails - order conf/payment conf/Paypal conf simultaneously like normal. After 30 mins I got the cancellation on the first one which had timed out during the Paypal stage. Sounds like mine didn’t get as far as yours though as Paypal hadn’t registered it the first time. 

Edited by RemarkableArmor

5 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

I guess the answer is yes but you did get a Paypal receipt too within that window? Something definitely seemed a bit different this time as my first attempt stalled during Paypal payment so I killed it and ran it through again. This time it went through and I got 3 quick emails - order conf/payment conf/Paypal conf simultaneously like normal. After 30 mins I got the cancellation on the first one which had timed out during the Paypal stage. Sounds like mine didn’t get as far as yours though as Paypal hadn’t registered it the first time. 

Paypal receipt was also received at 12:26

Paypal Anti fraud confirmation was made by 12:46, still well within the half hour time frame. And again the money was taken out of my account immediately.

Hoping the fact that they still haven't refunded me 20 hours later just means the order is complete and it was just a glitch in the matrix haha.

58 minutes ago, kraak said:

Seems like with a bit of scripting and patience I got an order through for one of the random restocks. Now just got to wait for a shipping confirmation

Good to hear someone made it lol.

Again, would be happy to reorder if they sent the money back.

It would be really wack if I reordered and both went through. It would also suck if i missed the restock.

And worst case scenario is my money floating around in some digital limbo.

How long does it typically take for them to respond?

Thanks again everyone for the support/replies

Edited by silat_hd

16 hours ago, daniel said:

anyone got the J59-GT yet?

Yeah, it's wonderful.

Only managed a handful of solid wears, was lucky there happened to be a cold spell just before the rain season/hot weather kicked off here.

It's the first GT I've been interested in in a while, apart from the J16 update. Getting used to the noise again was interesting. Last GT I owned was a J43A, about 3-4 years ago maybe and I sold it not long after buying.

It has so many great features but still simplified and light.

I'm normally an XL in Acronym but after a good measure (or 20-30...) of my J46-S it was clear the L would be sufficient. I could easily fit a tee/sweater/liner combo under there. J74 and J63A zip right in. It's very roomy, in the best way. There's a lot less skin contact inside so wearing with just a tee or a tank feels good. Used the snap closure almost every time (except during a good downpour one night). Looking forward to zipping up properly over next winter.

The shock cord really affects the shape quite drastically. The cuffs are brilliant - I was worried about becoming steamy/hot in the sleeves - but they breathe very well.

I'm reasonably tall - 191cm and the shape/silhouette looks good with a slimmer pant (P10A) or low/wide swag (P23A). In original config it's a unique piece - but versatile too, in the sense that if you whip the hood off it's a nice simple black bomber which changes the feel completely.

So happy with it overall.

16 minutes ago, Danwise said:

Yeah, it's wonderful.

Only managed a handful of solid wears, was lucky there happened to be a cold spell just before the rain season/hot weather kicked off here.

It's the first GT I've been interested in in a while, apart from the J16 update. Getting used to the noise again was interesting. Last GT I owned was a J43A, about 3-4 years ago maybe and I sold it not long after buying.

It has so many great features but still simplified and light.

I'm normally an XL in Acronym but after a good measure (or 20-30...) of my J46-S it was clear the L would be sufficient. I could easily fit a tee/sweater/liner combo under there. J74 and J63A zip right in. It's very roomy, in the best way. There's a lot less skin contact inside so wearing with just a tee or a tank feels good. Used the snap closure almost every time (except during a good downpour one night). Looking forward to zipping up properly over next winter.

The shock cord really affects the shape quite drastically. The cuffs are brilliant - I was worried about becoming steamy/hot in the sleeves - but they breathe very well.

I'm reasonably tall - 191cm and the shape/silhouette looks good with a slimmer pant (P10A) or low/wide swag (P23A). In original config it's a unique piece - but versatile too, in the sense that if you whip the hood off it's a nice simple black bomber which changes the feel completely.

So happy with it overall.

Nice summary, and I quite appreciate the jacket's roomy and smooth fit meet the stiffness of gt pro. 

I was just wondering what is the velco for on chest pocket and sleeve bits? 

27 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Just got the reply, it says my payment is still shown as pending and they can therefore not refund it. 

it could be either clear or refund. what a trail 

Wow really? Thats super wack.

i just got off the phone with paypal, they said acrnm ran the charge a second time 5 minutes after the initial send, and the payment was accepted. 

So my guess is since the denied email was sent 30min after the initial order, the transaction is complete and I should be getting a tracking number here soon haha. I guess id be more cause for alarm if i recieved the email at 12:56 instead of 12:51.

Paypal also mentioned that if they had tried to reimburse me for this order the money would have returned to my account instantly. 

Good luck on your end! Hopefully u get your cash Back or order confirmation soon!

Edited by silat_hd

20 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Nice summary, and I quite appreciate the jacket's roomy and smooth fit meet the stiffness of gt pro. 

The small patch on the front lets you snap the jacket closed through tactile feedback. You hook your thumb through the snap loop on the right and feel the velcro to locate the accompanying snap on the left.

The sleeve is just a nice throwback to the varsity jacket and arguably ornamental. It's basically the logotape velcro in a different size, shape, and location.

I love my J59TS-CH but the GT version is intriguing because its just so unordinary. And those cuffs!!

Edited by hooper

I also bought the J59-GTand can whole heartedly agree with peoples opinions. I didnt get the TS version from last year so was excited to cop this. year. I love the over sized fit and the shock cord really does change the profile; I prefer it cinched in tight so it fits more profile from the back. To my shame ive only worn it twice because of the heat, but it will be getting a lot of wear come September and on. super nice piece with a lot of nice touches and I like the crinkleness of the GT pro. I prefer it sans hood as an MA-1

22 hours ago, Voyager said:

Like the J1A-GT, the P30A-DS is a NA release.

I'd bet $$ that it'll restock before SS20.

Will you be sleeping when it restocks? Probably, but you never really know.

would be shocked if they restocked the j1a again.  have they ever stocked an item 3x within a year before? (initial release +2 restocks) guessing not since this is the first time they've done an NA category but seems like it would be overkill

Edited by segue
edit

11 minutes ago, segue said:

would be shocked if they restocked the j1a again.  have they ever stocked an item 3x within a year before? (initial release +2 restocks) guessing not since this is the first time they've done an NA category but seems like it would be overkill

I guess they had problems to produce the volume to prepare stock for the first release this year. So this is the volume that was initially planned.

Hi guys. I wanted to see what the SuFu Acronym community has to say about this piece. 

I am almost certain it’s a sample version of the E-J1A from (I think) 2008. What points me to this being a sample is the lack of stitching around where the flak pocket would normally be(highlighted in red), which means no pocket was ever attached to the jacket. 

The jacket needs some work but is in overall great condition and I’m glad I picked it up. Please let me know your thoughts, especially whether you think it’s a sample or not. 

21764588-F34D-4756-8C59-7B65FC304E75.jpeg

702D4B36-CFB5-45B7-9460-4AF488FF32DE.jpeg

36287988-3F68-4C67-A493-0913AE3C9212.jpeg

C69ADE69-7843-49E8-88E9-08CAF57315B6.jpeg

52 minutes ago, g.m said:

Hi guys. I wanted to see what the SuFu Acronym community has to say about this piece. 

I am almost certain it’s a sample version of the E-J1A from (I think) 2008. What points me to this being a sample is the lack of stitching around where the flak pocket would normally be(highlighted in red), which means no pocket was ever attached to the jacket. 

The jacket needs some work but is in overall great condition and I’m glad I picked it up. Please let me know your thoughts, especially whether you think it’s a sample or not. 

21764588-F34D-4756-8C59-7B65FC304E75.jpeg

702D4B36-CFB5-45B7-9460-4AF488FF32DE.jpeg

36287988-3F68-4C67-A493-0913AE3C9212.jpeg

C69ADE69-7843-49E8-88E9-08CAF57315B6.jpeg

more pics needed!, zippers, gravity pockets, material, tags?

27 minutes ago, daniel said:

more pics needed!, zippers, gravity pockets, material, tags?

looks like a ss08 EJ1A, someone might removed the pocket

The large stitching on the front does not make ANY sense at all.

Edited by daniel

8 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

I think the idea is you put some military patches on like J16

10 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Yeah, it’s a call back to military style kit where you oftimes need/want to switch out patches for different duties/events/general flair

5 hours ago, daniel said:

Isn't the front flak pouch sewn all the way around? Not just in two spots? I don't see how you could remove the stitching for the pouch without leaving permanent/noticeable visual blemishes. 

6 hours ago, daniel said:

I believe it’s identical in every way to the 08 J1A, including zippers, gravity pockets, nextec Epic tag, interops, etc etc. 

The stitching on the right of the front panel is for the inside pocket as you can see here.

E6838AD7-F6DC-4731-89CF-B3269DD19B48.thumb.jpeg.f6e2d0b340a9bb77a0fc793963fc1873.jpeg

5A5EC3C9-4ECC-41D4-9EE1-032BB770A170.jpeg

Usually most samples come in size M. Erlsn wears medium as well and I believe he is the main testing person.

The hood is paclite? I checked the J1A video again and the hood looks to be E- as well as the whole jacket. However there was a E-J1A on grailed in size L that had paclite hood, but came with the pocket and olive jacketsling (while yours looks like there is a black one) I also think someone removed the flak pocket, as @Dolphinski pointed, noone ever had samples.

e-j1.png

Edited by danii

2 hours ago, danii said:

Usually most samples come in size M. Erlsn wears medium as well and I believe he is the main testing person.

The hood is paclite? I checked the J1A video again and the hood looks to be E- as well as the whole jacket. However there was a E-J1A on grailed in size L that had paclite hood, but came with the pocket and olive jacketsling (while yours looks like there is a black one) I also think someone removed the flak pocket, as @Dolphinski pointed, noone ever had samples.

e-j1.png

The hood is Paclite yes.

215D3E22-81FA-40E0-A875-6D623E26F250.jpeg