Westbrook

Acronym.

EPIC by Nextec® fabric. It's water resistant, windproof, breathable and washable. But how? Our patented Nextec® encapsulation process is what makes it possible. The protection is inside the fabric, encapsulating the actual fibers for weatherproof performance. No laminates. No coatings.

again as Erlsn statet many times the fabric letter is not a manufacturer or product acronym but it's about the technology used to create the fabric. In other words you can apply the EPIC treatment to both cotton and nylon.

Posted (edited)

I really like the J33! Long cut, KG fit, asymetric, lots of ACR DNA as Aa in dna, reminds me at the SISP Stealth Jkt.

I'm really looking forward to see this again in different fabrics.

GT, J46-FO / WS likewise, S.

(an Approved version as in 47A would be crazy :) )

Edited by daniel

35 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

vqz1wtX.jpg

P25-DS

really need to get me one! is it acr shirting too?

1 minute ago, daniel said:

really need to get me one! is it acr shirting too?

J50-WS jacket.

Its nice to see smiles while wearing Acronym or other techwear. Normally people just look like their puppy just died. Love the pants in that fit! I also regret selling my black DAF-1, they look so good and subtle. 

I also received the j68-ws earlier this week. Sharing my impressions:

The closing options and convertible collar make this one almost feel like two Jackets in one.
I like the storm flaps / collar up and top button closed look the most. 
I also love the asymmetric details when it is flat / fully closed . 
The shorter cut might not be for everyone, I think it looks "different" in a good way.
The jacket also works with a lot of types of pants imo, I can wear it with almost every pant I own. 
I was sceptic about the dangling zips at first but after three short wears I have had no issues.  
Unfortuneatly the main zip does not feel smooth to me. The same zipper was used on the j62-pb and it always felt "off" to me, but I got used to it.

Sizing: 
I chose to stick to the usual size M (181cm / 80 kg) and it fits perfectly with a t-shirt or sweater underneath. I can also layer a liner underneath (Mionn IS) but I dont feel like I should. It is definetly smaller than my other size M acr jackets, but I am not sure if I could get away with a size L and just a t-shirt underneath. I would not recommend sizing up.
Generally I tend to pick my size exclusively by the half chest measurement on the mother site and it never failed me. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, aru said:

I also received the j68-ws earlier this week. Sharing my impressions:

The closing options and convertible collar make this one almost feel like two Jackets in one.
The shorter cut might not be for everyone, I think it looks "different" in a good way.
The jacket also works with a lot of types of pants imo, I can wear it with almost every pant I own. 
I was sceptic about the dangling zips at first but after three short wears I have had no issues.  
Unfortuneatly the main zip does not feel smooth to me. The same zipper was used on the j62-pb and it always felt "off" to me, but I got used to it.

Sizing: 
I chose to stick to the usual size M (181cm / 80 kg) and it fits perfectly with a t-shirt or sweater underneath. I can also layer a liner underneath (Mionn IS) but I dont feel like I should. It is definetly smaller than my other size M acr jackets, but I am not sure if I could get away with a size L and just a t-shirt underneath. I would not recommend sizing up.
Generally I tend to pick my size exclusively by the half chest measurement on the mother site and it never failed me. 

Good summary, couldn't agree more - especially regarding the sizing. I'm usually an L and regret not sticking to it, although the profile fit means that the XL is still great. And it's one of my favourite pieces.

Edited by lopiteaux

4 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

Very good summary, couldn't agree more - especially regarding the sizing. I'm usually an L and regret not sticking to it, although the profile fit means that the XL is still great. And it's one of my favourite pieces.

I'm between size S and M for jackets, went for M on this one and don't regret it. It's definitely one of the smaller models.

11 hours ago, aru said:

All of this is consistent with what this jacket is - their version of the classic leather biker jacket. The collar and closure work the same way, the short cut, and the general pocket layout. 

The 68 looks like the perfect fit on you! How’s the rigidity on the collar etc if it’s similar to 46U? My concern was that it would be too floppy in WS vs S.

1 hour ago, RemarkableArmor said:

The 68 looks like the perfect fit on you! How’s the rigidity on the collar etc if it’s similar to 46U? My concern was that it would be too floppy in WS vs S.

Windstopper material for J68-WS is gore tex infinium different from J47A-WS windstopper material, more like J46U-WS. Collar is less rigid than J68-S. J68-S collar stands better and looks better. 

1 hour ago, HeckHouse said:

J67 arrived! Fit doesn’t seem to match the measurements on the site—it’s right in line with the J69. Fits like a lightweight, weatherproof hoodie. I’m a big fan of the material. Apologies that the hair is obscuring the hood.

Not surprised the measurements are more like J69. The fit in product shots looks almost identical. Are you able to flip the collar over like with the 69 or is the collar too padded from the hood? 

1 hour ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Not surprised the measurements are more like J69. The fit in product shots looks almost identical. Are you able to flip the collar over like with the 69 or is the collar too padded from the hood? 

No, the collar obviously isn’t going to fold down when it’s stuffed with the hood. It will lie down a bit with the hood out, but not as crisply as the J69.

Posted (edited)

Received the J33-E yesterday. Initial try on it felt like I might have bought the wrong size, I'm an L in all my other acr jackets, so got an L in this one. It definitely fits larger than my others (for reference, J56-GT/J47-GT/E-J3/J29-S). 

After tightening the sleeves and speedlock a bit and the whole fit got better, and it's fantastic. I noticed that the speedlock is slightly tightened in all the product shots as well. It really stops the jacket from billowing out too much and makes the fit much more streamlined, but still oversized/baggy.

The material is fantastic ... lightweight and nice against the skin, but sturdy enough and feels like it would hold a liner really nicely ... even the J58 for colder months. 

The pockets and details are also really really nice. More functional than my J56 in terms of hand access, understated but not invisible.

Trying to get some pics soon.

Edited by emenel
typo

On 6/9/2019 at 11:49 PM, darkart said:

Windstopper material for J68-WS is gore tex infinium different from J47A-WS windstopper material, more like J46U-WS. Collar is less rigid than J68-S. J68-S collar stands better and looks better. 

Are there any clear differences between Goretex Infinium Windstopper Vs. Goretex Infinium? From sources and seeing some in person, Goretex Infinium Windstopper seems to be just a rebranding of Goretex Windstopper

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Toilettebun said:

Are there any clear differences between Goretex Infinium Windstopper Vs. Goretex Infinium? From sources and seeing some in person, Goretex Infinium Windstopper seems to be just a rebranding of Goretex Windstopper

Gore Windstopper’s Infinium is just a variation of Gore Windstopper. Just like Gore Windstopper Active, which is used on models like the j61-ws, j73-ws, and j47A-ws. Goretex infinium is a variation of Goretex (previously PB). Not sure if there is any difference between PB and Goretex Infinium. Windstopper infinium seems to be very similar to the material used on the J46U which is lightweight and my guess would have a much more abrasion resistant face fabric compared to Goretex Infinium/PB. GT Infinium/PB is lined with fleece and although lightweight, probably not as lightweight as WS Infinium or WS active.

edit: realized the material for the 68-ws states Gore TEX Infinium Windstopper which is confusing since I thought they separated Gore Windstopper, and GoreTEX. 

Edited by VivaceKinetics
New info

Gore Tex with the yellow diamond = waterproof products

Gore Tex Infinium = everything else not waterproof

It's just a branding branch they created to distinguish the 2 separate types. Both types of Windstopper fall under Infinium. The CP4 is the same WS as the 61 & 73 but is now branded as Infinium.

All these reviews of the j33 really makes me to get the black but I’m waiting to see if these p31 restock ha. Maybe if there’s more fit pictures... 

Another fit pic with the P32-S and the J67, in case folks were curious about either.

DSC05804.thumb.jpg.ada0ba41f966925d951f0a00e8e062d7.jpg

5 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

If anyone was watching E3 this week, looks like Acronym @ 1:20. Could just the aesthetic tho.

Looks like the games art director is an acronym fan/follows @dobu.haisen on insta

6 hours ago, awex said:

Looks like the games art director is an acronym fan/follows @dobu.haisen on insta

Also a 1KCorp fan, Dobu made the original logo for Fern. I'd say based on the actual look of the clothes it's more bordering towards 1Kcorp, less ACR. But still pretty cool to see. 

7427A9B5-FC57-406A-B90C-1CFEBC78C4A7.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Quickly shitty fitty 

EC2D10BC-D68C-415C-9B95-A8078A5B7CE1.jpeg

Edited by brainerd666
Crop and zoom=crap rez

5 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Quickly shitty fitty 

EC2D10BC-D68C-415C-9B95-A8078A5B7CE1.jpeg

:blush:though i got it and being wearing quite often but seening others doing it so right i feel high