Westbrook

Acronym.

5 hours ago, eyesolation said:

My package arrived today as well. J36 in raf/black obviously is great, but I was most positively surprised by the J33-E in alpha green...

How much did the J36-S retail for?

2 minutes ago, mistersparkle said:

How much did the J36-S retail for?

1630 euros

Honestly the J33-E is f***ing great. Shame the material isn't more water resistant though, that's what keeps me from pulling the trigger right now..

5 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Honestly the J33-E is f***ing great. Shame the material isn't more water resistant though, that's what keeps me from pulling the trigger right now..

Seems plenty resistant from what I've experienced. Did it fail you in a total downpour?

5 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Wore J33-E today. Yes the material is certainly not quite water-resistant as compared to stotz or CH, but the light weight fabric is very enjoyable to wear, .. Tokyo is 21 degrees this evening, and wearing it felt very pleasant in the cooler almost-summer night.

55 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Seems plenty resistant from what I've experienced. Did it fail you in a total downpour?

My experience is from the P10A-E, still the same material so I thought I'd share it.

I got caught in 2 heavy downpours since I have the pants and It started to "fail" me in places where water couldnt run off as fast, which is directly on top of the cargo pockets, next to the zippers or at the beginning of the zippers (in the corner on top of the pocket). After that the water seeped through some spots in my knee/shin area where the fabric stacked but that was after ~10mins of constant rain. Everything else wasn't a problem for the material, water only seeped through in those 2 occasions.

I've had the same happen to me in -S and -DS pants too. Without taped seams it's to be expected really. I haven't been soaked in -E yet but I imagine it dries quickly compared to the other fabrics. Also agree with the fact that it's super wearable, I grab for them all the time. The only cons are that it lacks structure because it's so light and also the noise but it's not noticeable in most situations

Has anyone taken delivery of a J68-WS yet?

I picked up an XL on the assumption that the sizing is similar to the J69-GT, but I'm starting to fear that I might have overshot.

For comparison, I'm usually an L in Acronym, with room to spare. The J69-GT in XL is a much, much closer fit vis-a-vis the usual L, and I was hoping that the J68-WS is comparable.

I'm also a usual size L in acrnm. Went with the XL for the 68ws & tbh it's the best fitting jacket I have ever owned. It is very lightweight & thin, plus the silky lining should help sliding in and out of the jacket. @lopiteaux

Holy cow, I just ordered a large J68, haven't receive it yet. a bit panic about your talking.

I am totally gassed with that lining and the full zipped looking, hope I should be fine 

7 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Holy cow, I just ordered a large J68, haven't receive it yet. a bit panic about your talking.

I am totally gassed with that lining and the full zipped looking, hope I should be fine 

Well, if it doesn't work out, we can maybe swap ;)

Thanks @X.bee, you've put me at rest. I'm taking delivery tomorrow morning, so will drop a little review shortly thereafter.

YMMV, I'll probably stop with the sizing advice. My issues tend to fall around my shoulders, arms & upper chest. The 68 has generous gussets on the armpit and a longer shoulder, I sized up because of the "profile" fit but I assume I would've been ok with TTS. Also, sizing up on the J36 would have worked for me, but it didnt for a lot of people here.

39 minutes ago, X.bee said:

...sizing up on the J36 would have worked for me, but it didnt for a lot of people here.

Was the L too small?

For me, yes. On the upper arms, shoulders & across the chest.

On 8/25/2009 at 12:47 AM, Fingathing said:

Daniel do you work for Acronym?.

lol

Some immediate thoughts on the CP4-WS:

- It's extremely light and thin; creasing doesn't seem to be a problem out of the box (I was worried I'd have to steam it before wearing it, but no). No question this thing is supremely packable, and I'll likely be stashing it in my 3A-1 for days when it's threatening to rain.

- Not sure how much rain this thing will be able to take; what's the practical wisdom regarding windstopper and water resistance?

- "Half cover mode" is not as symmetrical as I thought it would be, zipped up. From the pictures I got the impression the zipper would rest perpendicular to the floor; in reality, it rests slightly diagonally (check the photos on the mothersite—it's not just Lenny's lean).

- "Full cover mode" is how I'll likely be using this piece most of the time. The site provides instructions on how to orientate the cape for this mode, but I just reach up and centre the hood with both hands, and the cape sort of falls into place. If I haven't put my right arm through the jacket sling before switching to this mode, the weight from the sling will pull the hood clockwise and mess up the alignment. Not a huge problem, as I expect I'll be using the sling a fair bit.

- The snap near the wrist is only on the left side. I'm not sure what it's for; I'd thought it might be to keep the cape from rotating on its own, but so far I haven't had that issue. Furthermore, keeping it snapped seems to mess up the drape a little bit; the cape looks better when the snap isn't done up.

- It's quite long. I'm 6'1"; when I'm wearing it in jacketsling mode, the sling needs to be totally tightened, or there's a risk it'll touch the floor (Lenny's shorter than me, and you can see how low it goes when he has it fully tightened).

- The "one size" aspect is wonderful; it allows me to wear this over basically anything. I tried it over my Graph Cardigan and my Mionn IS Jacket with no issues at all. It also fits over my 3A. I suspect the right side was left intentionally longer than the left to accommodate bag use (after all, the hood could have been placed on the other side of the zipper—they had a choice).

- Hood adjusters work like a dream. The hood itself provides lots of coverage.

- SITH LORD VIBES.

I was already craving the J33-E, as E is a favourite of mine and the non-GT jackets are not as common, but budget is limited atm. After all the talk here and some more pics I caved and ordered one. I’ll post pics when it arrives. 

54 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

- The snap near the wrist is only on the left side. I'm not sure what it's for; I'd thought it might be to keep the cape from rotating on its own, but so far I haven't had that issue. Furthermore, keeping it snapped seems to mess up the drape a little bit; the cape looks better when the snap isn't done up.

I believe this is to keep it secured from wind so you don't go full Marilyn-Monroe-over-a-grate when it gets windy. Also kind of emulates a sleeve.

54 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

- Hood adjusters work like a dream. The hood itself provides lots of coverage.

Do you find that the adjusters stick out and look goofy on the sides? Mine are pretty rigid so they don't drape flush against the hood. It looks like in the product shots Lenny has the adjusters loose and free from the garage/strap that keeps them locked down so they lay flush.

On 6/4/2019 at 1:50 PM, Kamikaze said:

1630 euros

Thanks Kamikaze.

And just a heads up, there's currently a bicolor Black / RAF Large available on the official site. Get it before the resellers!

I like the J33-E a lot and I'm curious if they'll ever do a GT or Stotz variant. It seems like a pattern/fit that would benefit greatly from a bit more structure, not a fan of wrinkly fabrics. I noticed when it's unzipped the jacket kinda just flops out (you can see it in the 10th photo down) not that it's a bad thing, just not something I find particularly appealing. I love those pockets though, I haven't seen any other Acronym jacket with those side hand pockets hidden under a flap like that. Is there any particular reason, or is it just stylistic? It looks really good! KG block is probably my favorite jacket pattern ever, it's just so articulated. Can't decide if I like the black or alpha green more, but I'm excited to see how people will wear it. 

15 minutes ago, DavidMN said:

I love those pockets though, I haven't seen any other Acronym jacket with those side hand pockets hidden under a flap like that. Is there any particular reason, or is it just stylistic?

Isn't that the same as j36-s just different location? 

18 minutes ago, lxkhor said:

Isn't that the same as j36-s just different location? 

If you mean having a pocket flap, yeah. Most of them do. I just meant the orientation of the flap. I think it looks cool.  Not only that, but it won't catch on the gravity pocket zipper pulls every time you walk, haha. I'm referring to the bottom two hand pockets, like you see on most jackets (to clarify). image.png.c5c729af5c33c88e2d060d1688a77e3e.png

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, fasttimes said:

It's what i read a couple pages earlier in this thread (about the P10A though). Germany weather is either too hot or too wet/cold for a lightweight spring jacket so it should withstand normal to heavier rain for my uses. Really a shame because i love the design and alpha green is such a good colorway..

Edited by dixonschneider

3 hours ago, DavidMN said:

I like the J33-E a lot and I'm curious if they'll ever do a GT or Stotz variant. It seems like a pattern/fit that would benefit greatly from a bit more structure, not a fan of wrinkly fabrics. I noticed when it's unzipped the jacket kinda just flops out (you can see it in the 10th photo down) not that it's a bad thing, just not something I find particularly appealing. I love those pockets though, I haven't seen any other Acronym jacket with those side hand pockets hidden under a flap like that. Is there any particular reason, or is it just stylistic? It looks really good! KG block is probably my favorite jacket pattern ever, it's just so articulated. Can't decide if I like the black or alpha green more, but I'm excited to see how people will wear it. 

I think the lower pocket design is close to the J29

4 hours ago, DavidMN said:

I'm curious if they'll ever do a GT or Stotz variant

I think history has proven that they will!

More details on the J33-E.

The flap over the lower pocket on the 33 doubles as an added precaution to divert water from flowing into the pocket.

The material feels great next to skin and the flexible nature allows for a drape that looks good when open. Both sides of the front closure wrap all the way across the body, so I imagine it would look quite awkward open with something as rigid as GT Pro.

Massive storage space. Lower pockets extend to the front & back. Upper pockets extend forward, back & all the way up to where the collar bone seam is, with a dual entry on the left pocket.

Also, for clarification, the old "E" designation was for Epic Cotton whereas this is Encapsulated Nylon (hasn't been confirmed to be Epic yet).

20190603_141642.thumb.jpg.381f204aa21079cc655fdee40cf2a2ea.jpg20190603_141648.thumb.jpg.a34add6ba0feadea14a6519051fa212f.jpg20190606_025553.thumb.jpg.051d7a1446f62c35f6db9c4c70f4f8ab.jpg