Westbrook

Acronym.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

That's disappointing. Any explanation for the DPGS though?

Was wondering the same but @jbob24 suggested this:

DPGS= Drei Punkt GurtSystem (https://www.bagjackshop.com/classics/module-zubehoer/module-fuer-aussen/3-punkt-gurtsystem-schwarz_467_1062)

IN CASE YOU WANNA POSREP THIS, RATHER GO TO WAYWT THREAD AND POSREP ONE OF JBOB24's FITS.

Edited by danii

1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Can someone explain why I’m getting downvoted for that question? Sheesh guys...

Hope those people could drag us into some private group chat thing 

Have you not learned from my mistake LOL

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, tv_ice said:

I'm trying to remember, are the jacket slings on the new stuff external only, or does E only like using the external config in the product shots?

Slinging the jacket in the external config gives a nicer silhouette than the internal.

Edited by hentaiyarou69

What's the diff between the p31's and the p15s?

Posted (edited)

@Bigyen Look to be less oversized in the waist (semi-wide vs ultra wide) and have knee darts.

Edited by beepy

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bigyen said:

What's the diff between the p31's and the p15s?

About €500

Edit: P15s have the same knee darts btw.

Edited by Dolphinski

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 4:59 AM, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Anyone knows the meaning of the KG fit block in J36S and J33 descriptions? 

In terms of this, I can understand the "vintage Japanese kimono" part in J33 as its asymmetric zipper close shows but can not see it from J36-S. 

It has nothing to do with the asymmetric zipper. The KG fit block references the way kimonos are constructed - rectangular/square cuts of fabric and specifically how the sleeves attach to the main body. If you've held up a jacket that was cut to the KG block, you'll notice that the main back/shoulder panel is cut like a flat piece that looks like an upside down L (kind of like a kimono). I think the techwear-intern mentioned it in his 30 day challenge thread that if you wanted to increase articulation in the shoulders, you should make patterns with the arms up and parallel to the ground. If you've ever seen the back of kimonos laid flat you'll see that the sleeves are parallel to the ground.

Edited by SNg

18 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

Have you not learned from my mistake LOL

I had to go back through your post history to see that there was drama surrounding that. Wow, people here are fucking retarded. No wonder no one posts here anymore.

FWIW, it looks like the image has been removed from the site, so I'll take that as an indication that someone higher up doesn't want people seeing it; so, deleted.

... I’m assuming it’s not worth it to own P10a-ch,s,e AND ds !?!?!?

7 minutes ago, meccaNIZM said:

gotta catch 'em all

42 minutes ago, meccaNIZM said:

Navy, Raf, alpha green, black

Seems worth to me 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

CH is ethereal.

I'll sacrifice all my Stotz, all my GT, for more CH.

Edited by lopiteaux

Posted (edited)

The idea that the J-36s could be made out of Vantablack is melting my mind..

image.thumb.png.84bd08ce9e6192cc3b14bacdda6be662.png

image.thumb.png.a7017d46053b5c975f46768b00978690.png

Edited by kiya

14 minutes ago, kiya said:

The idea that the J-36s could be made out of Vantablack is melting my mind..

image.thumb.png.84bd08ce9e6192cc3b14bacdda6be662.png

image.thumb.png.a7017d46053b5c975f46768b00978690.png

Hood needs to be Vanta too. Weird head vibes abound. 

6 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

CH is ethereal.

I'll sacrifice all my Stotz, all my GT, for more CH.

the p10 in aramid CH is hands down the most comfortable pant i've ever worn. 

55 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

the p10 in aramid CH is hands down the most comfortable pant i've ever worn. 

Is that the melange variant? I’ve got several pieces by Yohji in aramide, and it is mind numbingly good.

vantablack surface i basically like a velvet surface which is brrrr eeeeeee uhhhhhhhhh ahhhh 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

Is that the melange variant? I’ve got several pieces by Yohji in aramide, and it is mind numbingly good.

no the later non-melange fire resistant material. the melange model has been a long term grail piece for me.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 3:04 PM, Inkinsurgent said:

no the later non-melange fire resistant material. the melange model has been a long term grail piece for me.

Ah, I had no idea that they used aramid in the construction. Is the actual fabric constructed using aramid, or was it just used to sew the pant together (the below copy from the site is a little ambiguous)?

"The synthetic copolymer and cotton fiber blend fabric (sewn with aramid thread)"

And yes, I wholeheartedly agree... that iteration of CH is incredible. The P17-CH will probably always be my favourite pant.

Edited by lopiteaux
Corrected - praise where praise is due.

nah, i'm mistaken. the thread is aramid but the fabric itself is a modacryl/cotton blend. 

cp4-ws expected to land here by the end of the day. i'm exited!

received J33-E in black today, hard to take pictures so I am just going to write about first impressions:

1. Fit: I am small for all acronym shells, and this one has a very straight and comfortable fit, not tight, plenty of space for layering. 

2. Fabric: It feels very similar to some of my marmot climbing pants, between a CH and a Stotz, it feels closer to a CH. It drapes very nicely, I think some of the pants like the P25 should be made in this fabric. Because of the nice drape, my favored configuration for this jacket is actually to use the one inner button and leave the zips/other bottons undone, similar to this:

1064703743_ScreenShot2019-06-04at19_33_44.thumb.png.b2912f7aadcadf0ecbe640b946514d39.png

It really drapes very nicely, and shows a nice silhouette.

3. Color: Cannot go wrong with black, especially Acronym. But when I first received the piece, I imagined what it would be like in the alpha green, and that image is somewhat attractive to me. I reckon that it can also be a very nice color despite how i mentioned disliking it in a previous post. I still don't think I will go through the hassle of swapping it just for the color. Black still suit me more I think.

4. Pockets: One of the highlights for me. The bottom two pockets I will use to put my hands in. The top two, are cavernous, they are huge inside and I think that the center pocket connects to the same compartment as the top left pocket. It is one of those very delightful and functional discovery that you cannot see from the picture of the jacket.

Overall a nice piece for cool summer nights and spring/fall. I don't think it is heavy duty enough as a outer-shell for harsh winter, but for milder conditions it should be no problem.

Got the CP4 and j36-bi in last night.. I’ll put up some info after work tonight 

Posted (edited)

My package arrived today as well. J36 in raf/black obviously is great, but I was most positively surprised by the J33-E in alpha green. The pictures don't do it justice - it's more grey less green than in the product shots (actually the same color as the Nikelab ACG FW17 cargos' dark stucco colorway). Love all those pockets and details on it! As for sizing, it's a pretty generous cut - I'm usually between S and M on jackets and went S, which was definitely the right choice.

Edited by eyesolation