Westbrook

Acronym.

How often does the 3a-1 usually get a new iteration? The last one came out like October last year, how likely is it that we will see a new iteration/restock this year?

4 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

How often does the 3a-1 usually get a new iteration? The last one came out like October last year, how likely is it that we will see a new iteration/restock this year?

It depends. There have been years without a release, and years where there have been multiple releases (last year being an example of the latter, where they released the foil iteration in January, and the XPAC in October).

I personally see a restock this year as being unlikely, given that there are still plenty of other 3A's sitting on the shelves, but this is just speculation.

I’ve owned my 3ts laminate for close to 3 years, worn it almost daily, it’s still in excellent condition, works with almost the entirety of my wardrobe and I’m super happy with it overall. Buuuuuut I still have a constant itch for that damn green x-pac 3ts...

12 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

I’ve owned my 3ts laminate for close to 3 years, worn it almost daily, it’s still in excellent condition, works with almost the entirety of my wardrobe and I’m super happy with it overall. Buuuuuut I still have a constant itch for that damn green x-pac 3ts...

I know that feel... I'm extremely content with my laminate, and it's my daily, with the foil being an occasional (can you say, "fragile"?)... I passed my black X-PAC 3A-1 on after a couple of months, but have been itching for the green. It's really, really grown on me. I'd love to see what it looks like after a couple of years, as the fabric was very impressive.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

I know that feel... I'm extremely content with my laminate, and it's my daily, with the foil being an occasional (can you say, "fragile"?)... I passed my black X-PAC 3A-1 on after a couple of months, but have been itching for the green. It's really, really grown on me. I'd love to see what it looks like after a couple of years, as the fabric was very impressive.

I am sending back my ACR specs tomorrow, might have to just go ahead and flip that over into a 3ts... hmmmm...

Can anybody comment on the finish on the green X-PAC, and or PM some pics in different light?

Edited by brainerd666

Not as deep a green in product shots, actually much better in person imho. I wouldn't mind having an olive 3a-1 again. I'll PM you some shots.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, X.bee said:

Not as deep a green in product shots, actually much better in person imho. I wouldn't mind having an olive 3a-1 again. I'll PM you some shots.

Agree. Took this photo in low light and is more olive in person.

AF32F468-6DB9-42CC-A70C-43594FB17E9C.thumb.jpeg.f6f6ac90f95419ab6d87c068825c316d.jpeg

Compared to product shots  (last images)

Edited by outbrk

16 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

It depends. There have been years without a release, and years where there have been multiple releases (last year being an example of the latter, where they released the foil iteration in January, and the XPAC in October).

I personally see a restock this year as being unlikely, given that there are still plenty of other 3A's sitting on the shelves, but this is just speculation.

Mmh, thats the answer i expected, sadly. Let's see though.

I wouldn't mind picking up one of the "old" laminate 3a-1s .. but the only one on grailed right now is for sale for like 2000$ :rolleyes: The olive x-pac ones (3a-1 and 3a-3ts) are also quite nice (also almost all attachments are still available on olive at acrnm) but im not sure if the military vibe it has isn't a bit too strong for me.

Posted (edited)

My personal favourite is the L2 laminate from SS15. They usually sell for around $1,200-1,300.

Also worth mentioning that the older limonta variant ages beautifully. These rarely come to market, and are often ignored because they appear beat and faded - which ironically is part of the charm.

Edited by lopiteaux
Added the one that got away...

33 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Also worth mentioning that the older limonta variant ages beautifully. These rarely come to market, and are often ignored because they appear beat and faded - which ironically is part of the charm.

could not agree more. got mine from everyone’s favorite @Xu Jianfeng and have used it almost every day since i got it. the fabric patinas extremely well and remains durable and without any holes to this day :)  first photo is the day i got it and the second is a full year later. can’t sing it’s praises enough. 

396BE357-4DDE-43E3-951A-2F2C4159F5F8.jpeg

A07776FE-2ED4-44FC-942D-1F56736B74D5.jpeg

3 minutes ago, 1i1i1ii1 said:

could not agree more. got mine from everyone’s favorite @Xu Jianfeng and have used it almost every day since i got it. the fabric patinas extremely well and remains durable and without any holes to this day :)  first photo is the day i got it and the second is a full year later. can’t sing it’s praises enough. 

396BE357-4DDE-43E3-951A-2F2C4159F5F8.jpeg

A07776FE-2ED4-44FC-942D-1F56736B74D5.jpeg

1FE49544-85F6-499D-A2D0-845F67EEABD2.thumb.jpeg.d3a6afdaae2b3584fe4aa17447b0fc6d.jpegDCCF2C8D-470F-4916-92D6-2AEF5831B4EB.thumb.jpeg.e530b9f0cd7f7a3329dff322fdb1dac4.jpeg

holy moly what a synced just uploading some pics lol.

yeah that one you rocks and my current one (both limonta) are miraculously patinad and faded at mk2 areas, but I might still list the real first 3a-1 as my fav as it’s no damn compromise day one and still feels more solid than xpac and lighter than later limonta version( guess it’s still cotton but no more details bout it)

On the subject of 3ts's are they capable of fitting 13in laptops without struggling to insert it?

8 minutes ago, ChainsOnNateboardP said:

On the subject of 3ts's are they capable of fitting 13in laptops without struggling to insert it?

My 15" is tricky to get in, I'd expect a 13" will be easy assuming it does not have a thick cover/sleeve.

7 minutes ago, ChainsOnNateboardP said:

13in laptop will fit but I wouldn't recommend it. You’ll end up losing the way the bag contours to you and instead have 3-4 stiff corners poking out which probably isn’t best for these bags (especially considering what they’re made of). Definitley works but better off with a 5/8/13 for 13in laptops imo.

Well this is a pretty familiar topic...

First rule of Acro-club is to tell ChampagnePapi to stop wearing ACRNM.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Flipflop214 said:

First rule of Acro-club is to tell ChampagnePapi to stop wearing ACRNM.

What's worse than champagnePapi rocking acronym? 

Acronym/Drake dickriders posting the picture in their little Instagram stories, tagging erlsn.acr and champagnepapi 

to have a .01% chance that they notice you... 

Then simultaneously acting like their annoyed that said champagnePapi is wearing ACR....:blink2:

Edited by solo1

Posted (edited)

I was also cringing a little at how many of the ACRONYM insiders reposted the images.

Edited by lopiteaux

1 minute ago, lopiteaux said:

I was also surprised at how many of the ACRONYM insiders reposted the images... It's a little cringey imho.

Agreed -- that is solely what I'm referencing.  If it was some newjacks who just got into ACR that would be one thing.

For enthusiasts to be reposting those images is just embarrassing, next level cringey.  Ya'll need Drake to validate your purchases for you? :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, solo1 said:

What's worse than champagnePapi rocking acronym? 

Acronym/Drake dickriders posting the picture in their little Instagram stories, tagging erlsn.acr and champagnepapi 

Then simultaneously acting like their annoyed that said champagnePapi is wearing ACR....:blink2:

lol, ok breh

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, solo1 said:

Agreed -- that is solely what I'm referencing.  If it was some newjacks who just got into ACR that would be one thing.

For enthusiasts to be reposting those images is just embarrassing, next level cringey. Ya'll need Drake to validate your purchases for you? :ph34r:

I was more referring to Errolson & Co... Maybe "cringing" is the wrong word, but it does feel a little out of place to me. I understand the John Mayer connection, given his knowledge and taste in clothing (rather than his music), but Drake just comes across as a little shallow.

But, I'm nitpicking. I don't know any of them personally, but from what I can tell, they're all very genuine and humble, and I guess we're all entitled to feel proud if something you made is put on the world stage.

TL/DR: Whatever, to each their own, I'm certainly not going to rate anyone's stoke!

Edited by lopiteaux

2 hours ago, solo1 said:

Once a upon a time...Errolson liked my pic

Wearing outdoor clothes indoors though? 

What would their mother say.

Next they'll be keeping their NGs pulled up and not removing their hats.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, bryanayrb said:

Drake

Edit: Didn't bother to read earlier posts.

Edited by shoreman

Posted (edited)

I don’t know if his stylist picked it out or if he did but I think still think it’s cool when people who don’t normally wear acr do, especially a piece that you dont see often. Guarantee id still post anyone wearing acrnm on the gram even if someone that i don’t particularly care about sports it cause they are wearing it in their own way. I don’t really care about  Oprah Winfrey but if she decided to go to a sporting event in some acrnm jawnz I’d be hyped. 

Edited by segue