Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, X.bee said:

Not as deep a green in product shots, actually much better in person imho. I wouldn't mind having an olive 3a-1 again. I'll PM you some shots.

Agree. Took this photo in low light and is more olive in person.

 AF32F468-6DB9-42CC-A70C-43594FB17E9C.thumb.jpeg.f6f6ac90f95419ab6d87c068825c316d.jpeg

 

Compared to product shots  (last images)

Edited by outbrk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

It depends. There have been years without a release, and years where there have been multiple releases (last year being an example of the latter, where they released the foil iteration in January, and the XPAC in October).

I personally see a restock this year as being unlikely, given that there are still plenty of other 3A's sitting on the shelves, but this is just speculation.

Mmh, thats the answer i expected, sadly. Let's see though.

I wouldn't mind picking up one of the "old" laminate 3a-1s .. but the only one on grailed right now is for sale for like 2000$ :rolleyes: The olive x-pac ones (3a-1 and 3a-3ts) are also quite nice (also almost all attachments are still available on olive at acrnm) but im not sure if the military vibe it has isn't a bit too strong for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal favourite is the L2 laminate from SS15. They usually sell for around $1,200-1,300.

Also worth mentioning that the older limonta variant ages beautifully. These rarely come to market, and are often ignored because they appear beat and faded - which ironically is part of the charm.

Edited by lopiteaux
Added the one that got away...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Also worth mentioning that the older limonta variant ages beautifully. These rarely come to market, and are often ignored because they appear beat and faded - which ironically is part of the charm.

could not agree more. got mine from everyone’s favorite @Xu Jianfeng and have used it almost every day since i got it. the fabric patinas extremely well and remains durable and without any holes to this day :)  first photo is the day i got it and the second is a full year later. can’t sing it’s praises enough. 

396BE357-4DDE-43E3-951A-2F2C4159F5F8.jpeg

A07776FE-2ED4-44FC-942D-1F56736B74D5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1i1i1ii1 said:

could not agree more. got mine from everyone’s favorite @Xu Jianfeng and have used it almost every day since i got it. the fabric patinas extremely well and remains durable and without any holes to this day :)  first photo is the day i got it and the second is a full year later. can’t sing it’s praises enough. 

396BE357-4DDE-43E3-951A-2F2C4159F5F8.jpeg

A07776FE-2ED4-44FC-942D-1F56736B74D5.jpeg

1FE49544-85F6-499D-A2D0-845F67EEABD2.thumb.jpeg.d3a6afdaae2b3584fe4aa17447b0fc6d.jpegDCCF2C8D-470F-4916-92D6-2AEF5831B4EB.thumb.jpeg.e530b9f0cd7f7a3329dff322fdb1dac4.jpeg

 

holy moly what a synced just uploading some pics lol.

yeah that one you rocks and my current one (both limonta) are miraculously patinad and faded at mk2 areas, but I might still list the real first 3a-1 as my fav as it’s no damn compromise day one and still feels more solid than xpac and lighter than later limonta version( guess it’s still cotton but no more details bout it)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChainsOnNateboardP said:

On the subject of 3ts's are they capable of fitting 13in laptops without struggling to insert it?

My 15" is tricky to get in, I'd expect a 13" will be easy assuming it does not have a thick cover/sleeve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChainsOnNateboardP said:

 

13in laptop will fit but I wouldn't recommend it. You’ll end up losing the way the bag contours to you and instead have 3-4 stiff corners poking out which probably isn’t best for these bags (especially considering what they’re made of). Definitley works but better off with a 5/8/13 for 13in laptops imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is a pretty familiar topic...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First rule of Acro-club is to tell ChampagnePapi to stop wearing ACRNM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flipflop214 said:

First rule of Acro-club is to tell ChampagnePapi to stop wearing ACRNM.

What's worse than champagnePapi rocking acronym? 

Acronym/Drake dickriders posting the picture in their little Instagram stories, tagging erlsn.acr and champagnepapi 

to have a .01% chance that they notice you... 

 

Then simultaneously acting like their annoyed that said champagnePapi is wearing ACR....:blink2:

 

Edited by solo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also cringing a little at how many of the ACRONYM insiders reposted the images.

Edited by lopiteaux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lopiteaux said:

I was also surprised at how many of the ACRONYM insiders reposted the images... It's a little cringey imho.

Agreed -- that is solely what I'm referencing.  If it was some newjacks who just got into ACR that would be one thing.

 

For enthusiasts to be reposting those images is just embarrassing, next level cringey.  Ya'll need Drake to validate your purchases for you? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, solo1 said:

What's worse than champagnePapi rocking acronym? 

Acronym/Drake dickriders posting the picture in their little Instagram stories, tagging erlsn.acr and champagnepapi 

to have a .01% chance that they notice you... 

 

Then simultaneously acting like their annoyed that said champagnePapi is wearing ACR....:blink2:

 

lol, ok breh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, solo1 said:

Agreed -- that is solely what I'm referencing.  If it was some newjacks who just got into ACR that would be one thing.

For enthusiasts to be reposting those images is just embarrassing, next level cringey. Ya'll need Drake to validate your purchases for you? :ph34r:

I was more referring to Errolson & Co... Maybe "cringing" is the wrong word, but it does feel a little out of place to me. I understand the John Mayer connection, given his knowledge and taste in clothing (rather than his music), but Drake just comes across as a little shallow.

But, I'm nitpicking. I don't know any of them personally, but from what I can tell, they're all very genuine and humble, and I guess we're all entitled to feel proud if something you made is put on the world stage.

TL/DR: Whatever, to each their own, I'm certainly not going to rate anyone's stoke!

Edited by lopiteaux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, solo1 said:

 

to have a .01% chance that they notice you... 

Once a upon a time...Errolson liked my pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wearing outdoor clothes indoors though? 

What would their mother say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bryanayrb said:

Drake

Edit: Didn't bother to read earlier posts.

Edited by shoreman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know if his stylist picked it out or if he did but I think still think it’s cool when people who don’t normally wear acr do, especially a piece that you dont see often. Guarantee id still post anyone wearing acrnm on the gram even if someone that i don’t particularly care about sports it cause they are wearing it in their own way. I don’t really care about  Oprah Winfrey but if she decided to go to a sporting event in some acrnm jawnz I’d be hyped. 

Edited by segue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much needless negativity over something so innocent lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'm hella late, but my God, Schoeller Dryskin is the most comfortable fabric I've ever worn on a pair of pants. Not to mention it's stretch and water resistance. Looking forward to everyday use of the P10-DS this summer, despite it's low abrasion resistance (compared to ch/s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

I know I'm hella late, but my God, Schoeller Dryskin is the most comfortable fabric I've ever worn on a pair of pants. Not to mention it's stretch and water resistance. Looking forward to everyday use of the P10-DS this summer, despite it's low abrasion resistance (compared to ch/s).

Schoeller dryskin is very abrasion resistant, definitely moreso than etaproof.  

One reason why its been dubbed a "miracle fabric" is because it combines the abrasion resistance of synthetics (nylon) 

with the added stretch and comfort of elastane -- the best of both worlds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New drop is online on mothersite and pretty awesome in my opinion. Not that much into the bicolor J36 but the rest is pretty fire! J68 and J33 seem to be the most unique cuts while the J67 has the ShakeDry material we already saw in veilance SS19. I'm a bit sad the P31 is already gone in S and M though. :rolleyes:

Has anyone made experience with the encapsulated nylon material? I doubt it stands heavier rain, right?

Edited by dixonschneider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now