Westbrook

Acronym.

Don't forget to cop a "sunglass sling" lest you forget your 8 hunnid dollar frames at the boba shop...

Sunglass sling.jpg

7 minutes ago, CountZatara said:

Don't forget to cop a "sunglass sling" lest you forget your 8 hunnid dollar frames at the boba shop...

Sunglass sling.jpg

molle still our best friend

CD73EDE7-F603-415C-A13B-93F0A585093C.jpeg

1725BE68-E755-4906-A13B-366F8DF4EAE8.jpeg

why are the extra lenses not magnetically attached and why LV sunglasses are cheaper? there are more pairs yes but still. 

Do you guys think ACRNM will be releasing more accessories in the future?

I'm not sure what to think about the glasses though. I feel like they don't really fit the whole ACR aesthetic somehow..? When I saw the pictures I actually thought about getting a pair just to check them out in person, but for 715€... no thanks.

I'm very curious though what people who copped think about them! 

Remind me of a lovechild of Dita x Mykita with a little Cazal sprinkled in.

The glasses aren't terrible, but I'm not swayed either.

I like the naked look of the C, and the clipped look of the A. They do however look like you need to stand absolutely still in the back of the club with your head titled upward in order for them to stay in place.

The standout piece is clearly the plush little case... drizzle me timbers...

f1f5e7df3f.jpg

Posted (edited)

Would have been sick if the frames came in RAF lol

I like them a lot but can't drop that amount on a pair. Shades are so easy to lose or break. 

Personally I think some Oakleys are cool, super affordable and a pretty good aesthetic fit with acrnm.. 

Sidenote: Love the snippet of music in the vid.. can anyone point to a longer version?  searched Ian Wang music but couldn't find 

The music in the vids is always killer 

raf1.jpg

Edited by off-world

Anybody know if they could be ready for prescription lens?

5 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

That’s what I’m gonna find out when mine show up. If not I’ll most likely either pass them along at cost or send back. I’ve been putting off getting a pair of frames for awhile and was right on the edge of ordering some mykitas when these popped up. The cost is similar as well as the materials. Not sure about build quality but I’d be highly surprised if the ACR specs aren’t in the same league. 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

The glasses aren't terrible, but I'm not swayed either.

I like the naked look of the C, and the clipped look of the A. They do however look like you need to stand absolutely still in the back of the club with your head titled upward in order for them to stay in place.

The standout piece is clearly the plush little case... drizzle me timbers...

f1f5e7df3f.jpg

I really dig all of the accessories but I’m honestly a bit disappointed they didn’t come with some variation of a tec sys compatible case like the futura collab. 

Edited by brainerd666

Do you really want your 700USD glasses hanging off your bag? Hahah

27 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

That’s what I’m gonna find out when mine show up. If not I’ll most likely either pass them along at cost or send back. I’ve been putting off getting a pair of frames for awhile and was right on the edge of ordering some mykitas when these popped up. The cost is similar as well as the materials. Not sure about build quality but I’d be highly surprised if the ACR specs aren’t in the same league. 

In the same boat. I got the Mykia Iota last month... I'll pass along my comparison when they get in

6 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

I don't see why they wouldn't be.  They'll just take the original lens off and make a prescription one that fits the frame.  The issue would be the tint. 

I can't tell if I like the glasses or the photography. Either way, I don't think I would _ever_ buy eyewear that I can't try on.

I'm disappointed the case is not 3a. Perhaps not useful for attaching to bags but certainly useful for some of the jackets and trousers. I'm impressed the eyewear is fully under the Acronym brand and not a colab like with 3a and bag jack. I could be mistaken. 

Big ups to Ian for accomplishing both the shot and the music. I wish we got a longer video!

6 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

I don't see why they wouldn't be.  They'll just take the original lens off and make a prescription one that fits the frame.  The issue would be the tint. 

In my use case I’m less concerned about the tint and more my prescription being a good fit for the style of frames in terms of how the frames fit and feel as my prescription is stronger and leads to slightly heavier lenses.

All that being said, I may throw these things on and immediately hate the way they look on my own face. ACR needs to invest in that Warby Parker tech. 

17 minutes ago, hooper said:

I can't tell if I like the glasses or the photography. Either way, I don't think I would _ever_ buy eyewear that I can't try on.

I'm disappointed the case is not 3a. Perhaps not useful for attaching to bags but certainly useful for some of the jackets and trousers. I'm impressed the eyewear is fully under the Acronym brand and not a colab like with 3a and bag jack. I could be mistaken. 

Big ups to Ian for accomplishing both the shot and the music. I wish we got a longer video!

They're probably working with an outside eyeglasses manufacturer (just like with bagjack). Frames are MIJ

EBA5A34A-A6B5-4F19-9E8F-7E9F76C32B4C.gif.9525191126552d60603fa4b3eae6ff7f.gif

my use case for wearing glasses

Posted (edited)

Got charged about $50 USD in UPS charges.  $36 for brokerage fees, I'm assuming to clear through the FDA/Department of Ag, and then another $14 I assume in duties.  I am guessing it is 2% under 9004.10.00 for sunglasses, but reached out to confirm.  Will update when/if I get a response.

Edited by thatslapz

17 hours ago, thatslapz said:

Got charged about $50 USD in UPS charges.  $36 for brokerage fees, I'm assuming to clear through the FDA/Department of Ag, and then another $14 I assume in duties.  I am guessing it is 2% under 9004.10.00 for sunglasses, but reached out to confirm.  Will update when/if I get a response.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the US had an $800 duty free allowance for products from Europe coming into the states? 

I haven’t received any extra charges yet from UPS and It’s shipping to Washington state. If that changes, I’ll definitely update this post. 

1 hour ago, analog29 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the US had an $800 duty free allowance for products from Europe coming into the states? 

I haven’t received any extra charges yet from UPS and It’s shipping to Washington state. If that changes, I’ll definitely update this post. 

I got confirmation it was 2% with 9004.10.0000, and that there is a flat fee to clear with the FDA regardless if the glasses are prescription or not.  I was also under the impression there was a $800 duty free allowance, but apparently not for glasses/sunglasses?  It was only about $14 so it isn't that bad.

I just wanted to give a brief field report from my last 4 weeks using a few of my acronym stuff during my vacation in Australia and New Zealand.

P10A-E: I was wearing the pants every evening in Australia and they are super comfy and I really like the pockets where I could store all stuff which I need to go out and be more lightweight! I am a fan of the pants and I think they are great for the upcoming summer here in Munich as well! Light wind and some minor rain weren't a problem at all.

J76GT + J74-PX + P10-DS (SS16): this was my hiking set-up in new zealand and it was so good. Specially the combination of the jackets with a merino shirt for the hikes which kept me super warm, the rain outside (the hood of the J76GT is awesome) and especially the J74 was easy to store in the bag pack as well. The DS pants are really great for hiking in not so warm climate zones. On really cold days you could combine the pants with a icebreaker or other proper legging and you are good to go.

P24A-DS (FW16): I used the pants for the flights and everyday use. I love them for travelling. I think in general the DS are really good for travelling and everyday use in different climate zones or fast changing weather areas. As well all my DS Pants are still in great condition, even I used them quite heavily in the last 2+ years.

Only lowlight was that I poured over my white J76 some tumeric, ginger juice:(. Lets hope that with the washing recommendation a few weeks ago I am able to clean the jacket properly. Damn healthy life style:D.

If someone interested I can make in the next days also a few pics.

Posted (edited)

@Holger Nice write up, I love both my J74s! Any photos from the trip?

Edited by ArmandGLA

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2019 at 12:17 PM, brainerd666 said:

I’ve been happy with the Mykitas I bought last summer, both regular glasses and prescription sunglasses. 

Edited by drgitlin

I cannot find anyone to glaze my Mykita Tequila, even got them sent to japan and they could not do it - really annoyed given that I have a pair of £500 glasses of no use to me now as they are sunglasses only and I need to see to drive and read!

That'll teach me to take a punt.

-feel I should have put this in a different thread really- sorry

18 hours ago, ArmandGLA said:

@Holger Nice write up, I love both my J74s! Any photos from the trip?

I have to check with the others if there any photos with me and the acrnm jackets, but I will make photos next week from few of the items and post them here.