Westbrook

Acronym.

1 hour ago, AvantSol said:

Eh the people selling ths 36 kinda deserve it Haha. Don't buy shit you don't actually want

Most people sell(at least on sufu) j36 because it doesn't fit. Someone likes such slim fit. But as I compared above, j36-s size M is tighter from the usual size M.

You couldn't be more wrong LOL I'm sure there's some people selling because it doesn't fit the way they want it but information was leaked on multiple sources. And the moment that started happening people started selling before they even received their pieces. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, danii said:

https://waf.gmbh/acronym/website

this is no private information and I bet most of the item codes written there is just for design testing purposes or someone making fun. no way this could have slipped by accident.

There was some stuff that happened this season that is either: 1) best guerrilla marketing ever OR 2) total screwup on website admin. I'm leaning toward total screwup on admin.

Edited by CARLOOA

13 hours ago, moneytalks said:

umm... how about the rest of us sufu guys who don't have access to subnet but really just want to know what's coming?

seems a tad elitist

I guess it's built upon trust with members who decide whether to share info with you or not. Leaks have become less & less because of the multitude of resellers among us, many who post regularly. Either way I remember looking at that company's portfolio months back, though they didnt have that updated subnet product list.

8 minutes ago, soundbomber said:

Just want to note for anyone that does want to get this, they are substitutes and not exact replacements since the milspec ribbons are produced by gueth and wolf

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, segue said:

Just want to note for anyone that does want to get this, they are substitutes and not exact replacements since the milspec ribbons are produced by gueth and wolf

True, I should’ve mentioned this. For the record, these seem more heavy duty than any of the ones I’ve been able to find locally.

Edited by soundbomber

3 minutes ago, soundbomber said:

True, I should’ve mentioned this. For the record, these seem more heavy duty than any of the ones I’ve been able to find locally.

Yeah I had tried to find subs and purchased it myself a while back but the color and weave is off. But better than nothing if you need something 

@soundbomber welcome back bro, haven't seen you since the good ol' days of sufu

3 hours ago, vir2L said:

@soundbomber welcome back bro, haven't seen you since the good ol' days of sufu

Thanks man and yeah it’s been awhile. Miss those days...

9 hours ago, X.bee said:

I guess it's built upon trust with members who decide whether to share info with you or not. Leaks have become less & less because of the multitude of resellers among us, many who post regularly. Either way I remember looking at that company's portfolio months back, though they didnt have that updated subnet product list.

well i for sure am only buying for personal use 
buying something online, waiting for it to come, posting it on a resale platform, dealing with paypal and going to the post office etc etc etc all to make below 100% markup is... a little dumb.

Does anyone even profit substantially at all reselling with the current retail prices? I see some crazy prizes up there but I often wonder how many of those actually go through. For me it's a strict self-sustaining 'one goes out, one comes in' mentality (although often, in reality, more comes in than goes out! :wacko:)

3 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

For me it's a strict self-sustaining 'one goes out, one comes in' mentality (although often, in reality, more comes in than goes out! :wacko:)

Hahha, I know this feeling so well... "Ok, you've got what you need, if you want a new piece, it has to replace an existing piece... Wait - where did this big pile of spec sheets come from?"

5 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Does anyone even profit substantially at all reselling with the current retail prices?

On a serious note though, I'd say it depends on the piece. From what I can see the majority of the new pieces from SS18 onwards are selling for a significant discount to retail. Resale on the classics (eg. J1A) seem to be increasing, whereas a handful of nouveau classiques (P30, J74) command a decent premium. But I don't think that true resellers, especially not those that purchase bulk on credit and have to pay interest prior to the sale, are making margins that justify the effort.

As @moneytalks rightly says, it's a bloody mission to go through just to get an odd $100-200 profit.

bloody right. reselling ruins everything

1 hour ago, moneytalks said:

bloody right. reselling ruins everything

Maybe im being optimistic but I can only see reselling for any type of real profit dying down in the general sense and only happening for hype items or classics like @lopiteaux said i.e j1as/p10s with the gradual influx of supply with more product being released. It was the perfect environment for reselling with the hype picking up amidst lack of supply and prices being a few hundred less than what it is now which made it the perfect situation to resell. I don’t see many peeps being able to or even wanting to go through the trouble after a few years cause retail prices be closing in on resell which will lead to the return of a happy utopia of the acrnm community trading pieces back and forth with enthusiasts who value community over making margins BUT I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG. hoping I’m a little right tho :)

I hope you're right too @segue.

I sometimes wonder whether the recent price increases were part of a strategy to defuse the resale market (if they were, then it's been a success). But I do doubt it, as Errolson does seem to enjoy the hype.

We've all suffered now because of the resell if it has pushed up retail, and in the immortal words of Flava Flav... 

Fully agree, but you could argue that we've regained a sense of "control", whilst ending up paying roughly the same as we would have if we were forced to buy sold out pieces from a reseller.

Anyway, all just debates and random musings whilst we patiently wait for our next hit...

It's terrible to admit but the system may have successfully conditioned me the more i think about it. I feel relieved that some stuff sits and I can actually read about it before buying (barring the odd hype item) despite the high prices...and now I look back, I don't think i've bought any other clothes apart from the odd bit of acronym for something like 2 years now. In my head this translates to less items of a higher quality and a more adult approach to clothes shopping ...but i'm sure this is just horrendous self-justification for the fact i'm still as addicted as ever and the gear still gets me more psyched than anything else out there whatever twists they put into the retail model :sleep:

I already know that if that strange new FO-esque J1A ever makes it through testing I'm ready to drop an obscene amount.

2 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

It's terrible to admit but the system may have successfully conditioned me the more i think about it. I feel relieved that some stuff sits and I can actually read about it before buying (barring the odd hype item) despite the high prices...and now I look back, I don't think i've bought any other clothes apart from the odd bit of acronym for something like 2 years now. In my head this translates to less items of a higher quality and a more adult approach to clothes shopping ...but i'm sure this is just horrendous self-justification for the fact i'm still as addicted as ever and the gear still gets me more psyched than anything else out there whatever twists they put into the retail model :sleep:

I already know that if that strange new FO-esque J1A ever makes it through testing I'm ready to drop an obscene amount.

[CR]AC[K]RONYM®

Posted (edited)

If anything, personally speaking it has had a negative effect on me, I am far more reluctant to purchase anything anymore unless below retail my tastes have not really changed since the mid 80's - military jackets/outdoor gear with adidas/nike/timberland and stussy/xlarge etc, just turned into ACR/higher spec technical outerwear with y-3/adirick/classic boots 

I always go back to pair of comfy beat up jeans and boots/superstars with a nice sweatshirt or cotton tee! 

I would rather now be less uniform in my approach as it is all too easy (expense aside) to kit yourself out head to toe in ACR but the look is too AOTC for me as nice as the gear is I get put off by perceived 'status' it now has.

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

2 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

could argue that we've regained a sense of "control", whilst ending up paying roughly the same as we would have if we were forced to buy sold out pieces from a reseller.

in some ways kind of true....

14 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Does anyone even profit substantially at all reselling with the current retail prices? I see some crazy prizes up there but I often wonder how many of those actually go through. For me it's a strict self-sustaining 'one goes out, one comes in' mentality (although often, in reality, more comes in than goes out! :wacko:)

So now I know why you sold me your J53TS-GT.. Gotta get rid of something w your new J36-S - thanks for not reselling for a profit btw!

3 minutes ago, jasonlao said:

So now I know why you sold me your J53TS-GT.. Gotta get rid of something w your new J36-S - thanks for not reselling for a profit btw!

Hhaha nice, how do you like the jacket? I am about to pull the trigger on a j74px but theirs also a J53 on ebay. I only need to buy one but do not know which !

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, ArmandGLA said:

Hhaha nice, how do you like the jacket? I am about to pull the trigger on a j74px but theirs also a J53 on ebay. I only need to buy one but do not know which !

He won’t have it just yet as I posted it yesterday but all I can say is I almost wish I kept it - it’s amazing but I have too many still. Would recommend!

Also thanks @jasonlao very nice dealing with you!

Edited by RemarkableArmor