Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, moneytalks said:

bloody right. reselling ruins everything

Maybe im being optimistic but I can only see reselling for any type of real profit dying down in the general sense and only happening for hype items or classics like @lopiteaux said i.e j1as/p10s with the gradual influx of supply with more product being released. It was the perfect environment for reselling with the hype picking up amidst lack of supply and prices being a few hundred less than what it is now which made it the perfect situation to resell. I don’t see many peeps being able to or even wanting to go through the trouble after a few years cause retail prices be closing in on resell which will lead to the return of a happy utopia of the acrnm community trading pieces back and forth with enthusiasts who value community over making margins BUT I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG. hoping I’m a little right tho :)

Fully agree, but you could argue that we've regained a sense of "control", whilst ending up paying roughly the same as we would have if we were forced to buy sold out pieces from a reseller.

Anyway, all just debates and random musings whilst we patiently wait for our next hit...

It's terrible to admit but the system may have successfully conditioned me the more i think about it. I feel relieved that some stuff sits and I can actually read about it before buying (barring the odd hype item) despite the high prices...and now I look back, I don't think i've bought any other clothes apart from the odd bit of acronym for something like 2 years now. In my head this translates to less items of a higher quality and a more adult approach to clothes shopping ...but i'm sure this is just horrendous self-justification for the fact i'm still as addicted as ever and the gear still gets me more psyched than anything else out there whatever twists they put into the retail model :sleep:

I already know that if that strange new FO-esque J1A ever makes it through testing I'm ready to drop an obscene amount.

2 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

It's terrible to admit but the system may have successfully conditioned me the more i think about it. I feel relieved that some stuff sits and I can actually read about it before buying (barring the odd hype item) despite the high prices...and now I look back, I don't think i've bought any other clothes apart from the odd bit of acronym for something like 2 years now. In my head this translates to less items of a higher quality and a more adult approach to clothes shopping ...but i'm sure this is just horrendous self-justification for the fact i'm still as addicted as ever and the gear still gets me more psyched than anything else out there whatever twists they put into the retail model :sleep:

I already know that if that strange new FO-esque J1A ever makes it through testing I'm ready to drop an obscene amount.

[CR]AC[K]RONYM®

If anything, personally speaking it has had a negative effect on me, I am far more reluctant to purchase anything anymore unless below retail my tastes have not really changed since the mid 80's - military jackets/outdoor gear with adidas/nike/timberland and stussy/xlarge etc, just turned into ACR/higher spec technical outerwear with y-3/adirick/classic boots 

I always go back to pair of comfy beat up jeans and boots/superstars with a nice sweatshirt or cotton tee! 

I would rather now be less uniform in my approach as it is all too easy (expense aside) to kit yourself out head to toe in ACR but the look is too AOTC for me as nice as the gear is I get put off by perceived 'status' it now has.

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

14 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Does anyone even profit substantially at all reselling with the current retail prices? I see some crazy prizes up there but I often wonder how many of those actually go through. For me it's a strict self-sustaining 'one goes out, one comes in' mentality (although often, in reality, more comes in than goes out! :wacko:)

So now I know why you sold me your J53TS-GT.. Gotta get rid of something w your new J36-S - thanks for not reselling for a profit btw!

3 minutes ago, jasonlao said:

So now I know why you sold me your J53TS-GT.. Gotta get rid of something w your new J36-S - thanks for not reselling for a profit btw!

Hhaha nice, how do you like the jacket? I am about to pull the trigger on a j74px but theirs also a J53 on ebay. I only need to buy one but do not know which !

17 hours ago, ArmandGLA said:

Hhaha nice, how do you like the jacket? I am about to pull the trigger on a j74px but theirs also a J53 on ebay. I only need to buy one but do not know which !

He won’t have it just yet as I posted it yesterday but all I can say is I almost wish I kept it - it’s amazing but I have too many still. Would recommend!

Also thanks @jasonlao very nice dealing with you!

Edited by RemarkableArmor

7 hours ago, ArmandGLA said:

^^ I think so - a simple everyday one would have been nice

Simple is not the first thing that comes to mind when I ponder anything Acronym. Everyday yes. But simple...?

37 minutes ago, X.bee said:

There's always the 3a-7ts if you were around for that. (Still waiting for a re-release)

I recently post some personal thoughts on 7ts and my general conclusion is that it would not be re release(yeah that silver foil prototype while in j23 fit Lenny being rocking) and conclusion was confirmed Jack himself at Instagram.

Alternative most likely be a smaller backpack, like the 13ts as 8ts replacement, and the new one confirmed by this gq interview.

the new backpack in the gq interview looks like a backpacking backpack. like it's got a detachable brain, maybe comes with some hip support. like at least 65 liter capacity.

would be cool if he released a smaller backpack so i can replace my 12 year old mission workshop backpack lolol.

7 minutes ago, dolvn said:

the new backpack in the gq interview looks like a backpacking backpack. like it's got a detachable brain, maybe comes with some hip support. like at least 65 liter capacity.

would be cool if he released a smaller backpack so i can replace my 12 year old mission workshop backpack lolol.

I don’t see a brain on it. Am I missing a photo somewhere?

To me it looks like a large x-pac duffle—possibly those backpack straps can be stashed away. The lack of visible hip belt also indicates to me that this is not a dedicated backpack. Could be totally wrong though.