Westbrook

Acronym.

On 4/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, Voyager said:

I got the P32-DS. They are slightly bigger than TTS. They are loose enough that they don't touch your legs at all when you're standing still. Feels like wearing loose comfy pajama pants. The pocket arrays are ergonomic and everything is easily accessible. The mezzanine pocket is absolutely massive.

Extremely happy with my purchase. These seem like pants I will keep forever.

Overall, I would say that these are just an upgraded P16A. Highly recommended.

How is the fit of p32 compare to p24a? P24a is listed as straight fit but I still find it a little baggy. 

This might be a stupid question, but what is the overall cost of the J36-S stateside (including shipping and customs)?

2 hours ago, kriztopher said:

How is the fit of p32 compare to p24a? P24a is listed as straight fit but I still find it a little baggy. 

I find the P32 to feel more like a "trouser" but it is definitely still a wider cut trouser.  It feels slightly wider than the 24 from the knees up, and tapers a little more from the knee down.    P24A is more visibly articulated, but based on initial impressions the P32 seems to have more freedom of movement.  At times, it really doesn't feel like you're wearing pants in the 32.  

2 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

This might be a stupid question, but what is the overall cost of the J36-S stateside (including shipping and customs)?

Looking into this myself, €1338 + €45 for ups + ~€83 for adjusted HTS if I did the math on that right... so $1656?

Just got my refund from Acrnm for the J36. With Paypal conversion to € and UPS corrected HTS, total is $1677.  Without the corrected HTS it was about $100 more, roughly. 

Posted (edited)

Max Holloway (@blessedmma on IG) just posted a video of the Air Vapor Max friends and family he got and his ACR fit... 

Edited by zeusneckone

Pants version of SP28TS?

20190412_232838.jpg

There haven't been (m)any J1A2.2 photos with the slim collar down. Owners, fit pics pl0x. Also, I don't think that restock is happening, at least in goretex.

thanks for that. any reason why you went xl on the j1a? j36 doesnt look too slim there but if you're saying its uncomfortable then thats no good

7 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

thanks for that. any reason why you went xl on the j1a? j36 doesnt look too slim there but if you're saying its uncomfortable then thats no good

I was 214 lbs and lost 42 lbs. Maybe j36 is not uncomfortable and I'm just used to wear loose jackets. While not exactly decided to change it to a larger size or not.

Just to give an alternative opinion on the J36 sizing, I'm usually betweeen S and M on acrnm jackets (wearing M for both J28 and J1A), and I went with S for the J36 and totally happy with it. It really comes down to whether you want a tanky outer shell under which you stack a liner and other layers. I wanted a profile-fitting spring/fall jacket that I can wear without a liner and it's a perfect fit for that purpose. I can even wear it on top of a shirt+sweater without a problem.

I used similar terms when discussing this with @lopiteaux in DMs. I think most people, myself included, are/were treating the 36 like a shell meant to potentially be worn over multiple layers as opposed to a more fitted jacket meant to be worn next to skin or with a thin layer underneath. Approaching it from that perspective the sizing makes more sense IMO. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

I used similar terms when discussing this with @lopiteaux in DMs. I think most people, myself included, are/were treating the 36 like a shell meant to potentially be worn over multiple layers as opposed to a more fitted jacket meant to be worn next to skin or with a thin layer underneath. Approaching it from that perspective the sizing makes more sense IMO. 

I can get a light hoody like my HD4 under mine but basically - this ^^ ...although it does have the zipper to add liners. I went my usual size and I like it so much it actually makes me want to get rid of the rest of my collection. It's that good I am seriously considering trying to get another in black which is nuts tbh. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for so many people but I'm loving the thing!

Edited by RemarkableArmor

38 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

I can get a light hoody like my HD4 under mine but basically - this ^^ ...although it does have the zipper to add liners. I went my usual size and I like it so much it actually makes me want to get rid of the rest of my collection. It's that good I am seriously considering trying to get another in black which is nuts tbh. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for so many people but I'm loving the thing!

Great to hear. And yeah, I think it’s telling that The J-72 is featured in the mothersite fit pics as a liner. Shit is pretty thin. 

Thanks @DROVES, @X.bee.

I knew that the price was lowered for US buyers due to the additional import charges, but didn't expect the difference to be ~10%. UK/EU retail comes in at ~$1,850.

Posted (edited)

Stumbled across something I wasn't supposed to see...

Edited by jeddyhsu

Posted (edited)

now why would you go and do that.....

Edited by lxkhor

Posted (edited)

I This is precisely the reason people won’t share the information with some people. Because they can’t keep it to themselves.   

Like, this isn’t gonna be the place to chase internet points. Logically, what’s the endgame here? You gonna bot the drop and increase hype and visibility? You want to ingratiate yourself with random resellers or newbies? This is a silly place to publicize the information if you want to purchase at retail. Talk about it on Discord or WeChat, Kakao, or GroupMe. 

Edited by CARLOOA

If you were having a hard time selling your j36s before... 

Posted (edited)

There's always that one guy... bet you were expecting posreps instead huh? 

When clout chasing backfires.

Edited by lxkhor

Posted (edited)

All this information is already public, I'm not a subnet member, just stumbled on a Twitter thread which linked me to what I realized was the portfolio website of the website designers of acrnm.com. I found the photo included showing off unreleased items. Honestly thought I found a plethora of information to share but didn't realize the publicity it would've generated. Subnet is members-only for a reason and I don't want to perpetuate backdoor leaks therefore I've removed my shared post.

Edited by jeddyhsu

dude are you serious.... 

umm... how about the rest of us sufu guys who don't have access to subnet but really just want to know what's coming?

seems a tad elitist

^ on the boat of people who don’t have access but I think there’s some sensitivity towards how it (supposedly) will affect prices. internet shame aside, that picture has been publically available to anyone who’d really take a little time to dig for it, and has helped many nEwBiEs including myself make wiser purchases. 

Posted (edited)

https://waf.gmbh/acronym/website

this is no private information and I bet most of the item codes written there is just for design testing purposes or someone making fun. no way this could have slipped by accident.

Edited by danii

4 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

If you were having a hard time selling your j36s before... 

Eh the people selling ths 36 kinda deserve it Haha. Don't buy shit you don't actually want

New Subnet name is PREORDER:

1908191643_Screenshot2019-04-16at15_02_43.png.481f93948c87b0b1fbef3b69057c888d.png