Acronym.

Westbrook

I This is precisely the reason people won’t share the information with some people. Because they can’t keep it to themselves.   

Like, this isn’t gonna be the place to chase internet points. Logically, what’s the endgame here? You gonna bot the drop and increase hype and visibility? You want to ingratiate yourself with random resellers or newbies? This is a silly place to publicize the information if you want to purchase at retail. Talk about it on Discord or WeChat, Kakao, or GroupMe. 

Edited by CARLOOA

All this information is already public, I'm not a subnet member, just stumbled on a Twitter thread which linked me to what I realized was the portfolio website of the website designers of acrnm.com. I found the photo included showing off unreleased items. Honestly thought I found a plethora of information to share but didn't realize the publicity it would've generated. Subnet is members-only for a reason and I don't want to perpetuate backdoor leaks therefore I've removed my shared post.

Edited by jeddyhsu

umm... how about the rest of us sufu guys who don't have access to subnet but really just want to know what's coming?

seems a tad elitist

^ on the boat of people who don’t have access but I think there’s some sensitivity towards how it (supposedly) will affect prices. internet shame aside, that picture has been publically available to anyone who’d really take a little time to dig for it, and has helped many nEwBiEs including myself make wiser purchases. 

1 hour ago, AvantSol said:

Eh the people selling ths 36 kinda deserve it Haha. Don't buy shit you don't actually want

Most people sell(at least on sufu) j36 because it doesn't fit. Someone likes such slim fit. But as I compared above, j36-s size M is tighter from the usual size M.

You couldn't be more wrong LOL I'm sure there's some people selling because it doesn't fit the way they want it but information was leaked on multiple sources. And the moment that started happening people started selling before they even received their pieces. 

6 hours ago, danii said:

https://waf.gmbh/acronym/website

this is no private information and I bet most of the item codes written there is just for design testing purposes or someone making fun. no way this could have slipped by accident.

There was some stuff that happened this season that is either: 1) best guerrilla marketing ever OR 2) total screwup on website admin. I'm leaning toward total screwup on admin.

Edited by CARLOOA

13 hours ago, moneytalks said:

umm... how about the rest of us sufu guys who don't have access to subnet but really just want to know what's coming?

seems a tad elitist

I guess it's built upon trust with members who decide whether to share info with you or not. Leaks have become less & less because of the multitude of resellers among us, many who post regularly. Either way I remember looking at that company's portfolio months back, though they didnt have that updated subnet product list.

8 minutes ago, soundbomber said:

Just want to note for anyone that does want to get this, they are substitutes and not exact replacements since the milspec ribbons are produced by gueth and wolf

5 minutes ago, segue said:

Just want to note for anyone that does want to get this, they are substitutes and not exact replacements since the milspec ribbons are produced by gueth and wolf

True, I should’ve mentioned this. For the record, these seem more heavy duty than any of the ones I’ve been able to find locally.

Edited by soundbomber

3 minutes ago, soundbomber said:

True, I should’ve mentioned this. For the record, these seem more heavy duty than any of the ones I’ve been able to find locally.

Yeah I had tried to find subs and purchased it myself a while back but the color and weave is off. But better than nothing if you need something 

9 hours ago, X.bee said:

I guess it's built upon trust with members who decide whether to share info with you or not. Leaks have become less & less because of the multitude of resellers among us, many who post regularly. Either way I remember looking at that company's portfolio months back, though they didnt have that updated subnet product list.

well i for sure am only buying for personal use 
buying something online, waiting for it to come, posting it on a resale platform, dealing with paypal and going to the post office etc etc etc all to make below 100% markup is... a little dumb.

Does anyone even profit substantially at all reselling with the current retail prices? I see some crazy prizes up there but I often wonder how many of those actually go through. For me it's a strict self-sustaining 'one goes out, one comes in' mentality (although often, in reality, more comes in than goes out! :wacko:)

3 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

For me it's a strict self-sustaining 'one goes out, one comes in' mentality (although often, in reality, more comes in than goes out! :wacko:)

Hahha, I know this feeling so well... "Ok, you've got what you need, if you want a new piece, it has to replace an existing piece... Wait - where did this big pile of spec sheets come from?"

5 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Does anyone even profit substantially at all reselling with the current retail prices?

On a serious note though, I'd say it depends on the piece. From what I can see the majority of the new pieces from SS18 onwards are selling for a significant discount to retail. Resale on the classics (eg. J1A) seem to be increasing, whereas a handful of nouveau classiques (P30, J74) command a decent premium. But I don't think that true resellers, especially not those that purchase bulk on credit and have to pay interest prior to the sale, are making margins that justify the effort.

As @moneytalks rightly says, it's a bloody mission to go through just to get an odd $100-200 profit.