Westbrook

Acronym.

On 10/3/2013 at 3:26 PM, Appleseed said:

Undo sleeve velcro > push sleeve up forearm > velcro hitch tab to sleeve > re-fasten sleeve velcro back over hitch tab.

Sleeve now stays in place on forearm.

On the J22 at least, the sleeve hitch tab doesn’t line up perfectly so there will be a bit of a twist. Also, you need to slide the forearm up under the shoulder part of the sleeve, rather than scrunching it up, because of the zippers for the gravity pockets. 

Some jackets have a different style of sleeve hitch where there’s a little loop at the elbow where you feed the sleeve hitch through before closing it. 

36002DFE-C97E-4F46-8E2E-1ABA3A1C51E2.jpeg

EBF3B64E-D8B6-4349-A52E-E66BCDE59D1D.jpeg

Interesting - I've never noticed the 'twist,' but am clearly seeing the alignment issue in your J22 photo. Probably a few variables; sleeve design, forearm circumference, how tight one makes the sleeve closure, etc-

Posted (edited)

Acronym needs to drop more visual/video content for new collections !

Edited by ArmandGLA

wearing a large here

D3nlp6OU4AEoaw2.jpg

4 hours ago, drgitlin said:

On the J22 at least, the sleeve hitch tab doesn’t line up perfectly so there will be a bit of a twist. Also, you need to slide the forearm up under the shoulder part of the sleeve, rather than scrunching it up, because of the zippers for the gravity pockets. 

Some jackets have a different style of sleeve hitch where there’s a little loop at the elbow where you feed the sleeve hitch through before closing it. 

36002DFE-C97E-4F46-8E2E-1ABA3A1C51E2.jpeg

EBF3B64E-D8B6-4349-A52E-E66BCDE59D1D.jpeg

I can’t rep this enough. Thank you for explaining.

Posted (edited)

he woulda probably looked weird wearing a medium that was more form fitted with his baggier pants but the L looks good here.  also how yall know what size he wearing LOL

Edited by segue
grammar

He mentioned the size on Twitter haha. 

how is everyone who got the j36 feeling with their purchase. i had been waiting for a 36 for a while and got hyped to get it in stotz instead of gt cause i wanted to beat it to death but surprisingly i didn't fall immediately in love with it like i thought i would.  thinking about holding onto it in hopes of having it grow on me but feel indifferent at the moment.   I'm thinking i may just not be a fan of stotz in general and would have preferred it in a nylon non gt rendition like the p10a-e's.  imo stotz jackets stack weird in the arms

5 hours ago, AvantSol said:

Slowly but surely getting that dad bod.

Struggle is real fam, trust me...

7 hours ago, segue said:

how is everyone who got the j36 feeling with their purchase. i had been waiting for a 36 for a while and got hyped to get it in stotz instead of gt cause i wanted to beat it to death but surprisingly i didn't fall immediately in love with it like i thought i would.  thinking about holding onto it in hopes of having it grow on me but feel indifferent at the moment.   I'm thinking i may just not be a fan of stotz in general and would have preferred it in a nylon non gt rendition like the p10a-e's.  imo stotz jackets stack weird in the arms

I received the J36-S black in size S yesterday. The feeling was as positive as when I received the J56-S two winters ago. I think personally I find the stotz material more comfortable to wear than the goretex. It is certainly not waterproof, but it can withstand a light drizzle. I wouldn't stand in anything more than a light rain for more than 5 minutes. The pockets are more comfortable to use than the J56, and I quite like the high collar. In terms of fit, it felt snug but not tight. I don't have the stacking issue in the arms. I can layer the J74-PX or the J63A-FO underneath with ease. It is a keeper for me.

I can only second @CARLOOA regarding that rain coat functionality. Having a size L and never felt any wet underneath.
Could you share thoughts to pair it with a J72-AK?
I am not sure how the pairing of a size L would work / look with the anti-fit size L of a J61-GT.

Let me know if you need any further information regarding the J61-GT.

@skycrawler @lopiteaux appreciate the input. will have to give it a test run come fall since spring is in full swing and stotz can get pretty hot at least for me B)  

20 minutes ago, segue said:

@skycrawler @lopiteaux appreciate the input. will have to give it a test run come fall since spring is in full swing and stotz can get pretty hot at least for me B)  

Agree! It's a selling point for me as well, as it means that it can be worn in milder weather without the need for additional insulation a la it's GT siblings.

18 minutes ago, ArmandGLA said:

So I am assuming the retails stores within the US that sell Acronym will have an up charge because of this?

Likely. Additional costs like these often get passed on to the customer. 

1 minute ago, strikethrough said:

Likely. Additional costs like these often get passed on to the customer. 

Seems like buying second hand is the way to go haha

Does anyone have feedback on the P10A-E's?

I picked up 2 pairs, but have only tried them on thusfar, and am still deciding whether to keep them. My initial thoughts on the nylon was a pass, but having tried on the black pair today, it's starting to grow on me.

16 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Does anyone have feedback on the P10A-E's?

I picked up 2 pairs, but have only tried them on thusfar, and am still deciding whether to keep them. My initial thoughts on the nylon was a pass, but having tried on the black pair today, it's starting to grow on me.

I'm keeping mine, what's the issue?

1 minute ago, Yardsale said:

I'm keeping mine, what's the issue?

No issue... Just wasn't bowled over by the nylon. Was wondering what the rest of the community thought of it.

I surprisingly fell in love with the fabric. Super comfortable, light feeling, and high range of motion without restriction. I find it to be a happy medium between stotz(windproof) and dry skin(comfort and stretch). The only downside that it is audible while walking, but not as loud as something like gore tex pro.

The GT Pro noisiness is my biggest gripe. Feels and sounds like you’re wearing a damn tarp. A tarp that breathes a little.  

Paclite is sooooooo luxe, quiet, and comfy by comparison. The facing fabric on my J34GT-PL just feels awesome and gives more of that ninja vibe. I know it’s not as element proof as the top tier gt pro, but the trade offs are worth it IMO. Really wish ACR would revisit using that shit.