Westbrook

Acronym.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

I'm so proud of y'all. :D

acr sufu SUPPORT/critics ;):ph34r:

Edited by daniel

Posted (edited)

anyone receive their J36-S or J76-GT and can give a quick review? 

Edited by deathrazr

12 minutes ago, deathrazr said:

anyone receive their J36-S or J76-GT and can give a quick review? 

My J36 should be here today. We'll see!

Posted (edited)

36 is nice but I would say it’s just exactly as expected so not much of a review to give. The only thing I didn’t remember before on green jackets was the green jacketsling but that could be me. Again, I am a fan of the contrast infinium hood ... I am curious if this is how thin the 46-FO hood was though if anyone knows(?). It’s literally like a shower cap.

Edited by RemarkableArmor

Posted (edited)

I'd imagine the infinium hood will do it's job and properly keep your head dry but... the rest of the 36 is still cotton [water-resistant] so, hello wet shoulders and back. 

Either way, I'm glad it's still up on the mothersite. If the 1A restock slips by me I'll settle with the 36.

What exactly are hitch tabs supposed to do?

Edited by jeddyhsu

25 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

I'd imagine the infinium hood will do it's job and properly keep your head dry but... the rest of the 36 is still cotton [water-resistant] so, hello wet shoulders and back.

Stotz is extra long staple cotton—ie. Ventile, Supermarine, etc. Technically not 100% waterproof, but way more water-resistant than regular old cotton.

52 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

Either way, I'm glad it's still up on the mothersite. If the 1A restock slips by me I'll settle with the 36.

What exactly are hitch tabs supposed to do?

Hitch the sleeves for warmer climate wear.

About the J36-S.

The last time I had a jacket with gravity pockets was the J28-GT, the pockets are much bigger now, able to accommodate my Note8 with a thick case easily.

My favorite part of the jacket is definitely the hood. I never owned or seen in person any of the FO/PB jackets & now I understand that "buttery" feeling everyone talks about. It's lightweight, thin & soft yet sturdy, also silent. It's a fairly large hood able to cover most big heads & the softness of the outer layer feels nice next to skin when stowed into the collar. Really looking forward to more jackets in this material.

1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Stotz is extra long staple cotton—ie. Ventile, Supermarine, etc. Technically not 100% waterproof, but way more water-resistant than regular old cotton.

Yeah - I’ve probably not worn EtaProof in torrential downpour before but I’ve yet to totally wet any of those items out in moderate to heavy rain. We also know that they can be reproofed with Nikwax wax cotton spray too.

13 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Yeah - I’ve probably not worn EtaProof in torrential downpour before but I’ve yet to totally wet any of those items out in moderate to heavy rain. We also know that they can be reproofed with Nikwax wax cotton spray too.

Y’all will be fine. It’s water resistant to like 70-80cm hydrostatic head. “Waterproof” starts at 100cm. Basically there. 

I wore my old P10-S’ plenty in the rain(never got around to re-proofing so assuming it mostly wore off by year 2) and they repel pretty well for the first few 10 minutes and then start to get a bit damp, but never get that wet cotton feeling. It’s hard to explain but they don’t feel wet in the traditional sense, like no clamminess I guess?

On another note- does anyone actually use their sleeve hitch tabs? Never had a jacket that incorporated them. Curious to hear thoughts and feedback. Are they as useful/useless as the gravity pockets...?

I tried to use it once on my j28k. Just ending up taking off my jacket and slinging it. 

Also noticed a lot more j36s being sold. Was it not what people were expecting? 

My reasons for selling mine is mainly the cut. The collar is a bit high for my liking, comes up a little past my chin. Maybe I got a short neck. Also the arm with the detached sleeve is a bit tight, other side is ok. I thought maybe stotz is just a restrictive material but then I saw the measurements are actually smaller than other L's I've worn. Either way here's a couple shots of the hood..

20190405_192055.thumb.jpg.89c9bafa339c6dbb3adf36dfe73b6f7f.jpg

Soft & smooth on the outside

20190405_185952.thumb.jpg.cfb496d4c75ef54ed2662a9fbcb4cd10.jpg

Crunchy on the inside

The high collar is a selling point for me. I like to hide a little sometimes. Different strokes and all that. 

Is the fit pretty slim? 

Posted (edited)

I want to say yes. J16-GT is 61cm 1/2 chest, 14.5cm shoulder. While J36-S is 62cm 1/2 chest, 13.5 shoulder. Both in L.

I was able to layer hoodies & insulators underneath the J16 fine & not feel restricted yet I only had a tshirt when trying the J36. It could be that stotz is a bit thicker than Gore-tex even if it's just a little.

Edited by X.bee

I may actually keep mine... haven't fully decided yet. I'm sort of coming around to it. A couple of things thought...

1. Yeah, the hitch tabs—I've read what people have said on here in the past, but I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I'm velcroing to what. Is it the cuff flap that I'm pulling up and sticking to the tab? Anything else seems sort of insane (I'd have to twist the sleeve quite a bit to get the tab to touch the female velcro panel at the cuff). Am I pulling the sleeve up over the elbow, or just under? So far I can really only manage the latter.

2. Have people found that stotz softens with time? Does it stretch out at all? I'd expect it to... but right now it's really stiff.

3. The pocket number on the mothersite is wrong—there are actually 6 pockets (2 gravity, 2 hand, 1 map, 1 mezzanine behind the map).

4. I'm finding the fit slim, but not overly so. It's weirdly similar to the current Veilance Field LT, actually... it feels slim when you put it on, but it can actually handle a Mionn IS underneath without much trouble.

5. These cuffs don't tighten as much as I'd like, without there being considerable male velcro flap hanging off. Is there a trick to this?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I may actually keep mine... haven't fully decided yet. I'm sort of coming around to it. A couple of things thought...

2. Have people found that stotz softens with time? Does it stretch out at all? I'd expect it to... but right now it's really stiff.

5. These cuffs don't tighten as much as I'd like, without there being considerable male velcro flap hanging off. Is there a trick to this?

Stotz kind of breaks in after a while but it wont stretch, even if it does kind of give in it wont be noticeable. My J1B-S feels a lot different after ~2 years of wear and lost the kind of stiffness it had when I got it. The J36 will also soften up a bit, but it takes some time.

About the cuffs, it depends how tight you really want it. If you tighten it normally and fold the material at the beginning of the velco it will be just right. But I'm afraid there isnt a good way to tighten it even more without the velcro sticking out.

Edited by Fhstx

18 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

I wore my old P10-S’ plenty in the rain(never got around to re-proofing so assuming it mostly wore off by year 2) and they repel pretty well for the first few 10 minutes and then start to get a bit damp, but never get that wet cotton feeling. It’s hard to explain but they don’t feel wet in the traditional sense, like no clamminess I guess?

Noticed the same thing with my P10-S and I think it's because Stotz is weaved so tight that even when it stops completely repealing, it doesn't let much water through and doesn't absorb much water so even it you get soaked for a long time, the pants dry pretty quickly and don't feel so uncomfortable while wet. That being said, you wear pants next so skin so it's one thing to get slightly wet thighs, it's another to get your whole upper body and inner layer wet so I really don't think I would wear a Stotz jacket in the rain like I would with a regular shell, I just don't think it would be comfortable. 

I just put the arm of my well used J1B-S under the tap and the water rolled right off like GT-Pro. Never had any issue ...all I can maybe imagine is prolonged exposure in torrential downpour.

23 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

On another note- does anyone actually use their sleeve hitch tabs? Never had a jacket that incorporated them. Curious to hear thoughts and feedback. Are they as useful/useless as the gravity pockets...?

On my J22, yes, all the time. Never with my J5A. 

Hey guys, quick question. Mothersite TOS states foreign country returns are done via UPS, I'm trying to make the shipping label and they are asking for Name & Contact + phone number.. what do? I put Acronym Dynamics S.R.O. for the name but what about contact & phone number?

8 minutes ago, X.bee said:

Hey guys, quick question. Mothersite TOS states foreign country returns are done via UPS, I'm trying to make the shipping label and they are asking for Name & Contact + phone number.. what do? I put Acronym Dynamics S.R.O. for the name but what about contact & phone number?

for the most accurate answer, you better email: [email protected]

its better to be exact accurate as anything wrong might ship to a wrong address. These things change all the time

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, X.bee said:

+42 725700067 found this number on my invoice under SHIPPER/EXPORTER

Edited by deathrazr

Thanks for the number & I've emailed them a few days ago, they lag. Asking for help on the thread is always last resort for me after researching fails.

It’s interesting that the whole conversation is strictly about how water proof the jacket is, shouldn’t it be how breathable it is? The J36 is appealing because it’s cotton, something you can wear like a light weight denim biker jacket and the like. You’re not wearing it for the rainy days so much as the hot or muggy mist days. I didn’t end up copping because it seemed excessive when I got a J47WS last year that takes care of that need for light weight and breathabillity (thought you have to baby the shit out of it compared to the Stotz that you want to wear in and patina), but the Stotz seems so appealing for the right seasons. I imagine it fitting perfectly into a daily wear for cold morning comutes before the suns warmed up the city and the windy walks home when the sun has set because you’ve gone late at the office. Maybe that’s just me, but it’s supposed to be 76°F today, but it was 50° on my walk to work with a 10% chance of rain. 

My question is does it not have the little elastic cord loops for attaching a base layer? I had thought that’s how the sleeve hitch is used. 

I find it interesting that Acronym's lookbooks show every single feature of a jacket and how it's utilized except the sleeve hitch and how to properly use it. I don't remember ever seeing that as being part of their lookbooks. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.