Westbrook

Acronym.

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Just received my shipping notice for the J36-S; got it in black, and I’m excited.

It might be time for someone to repost the classic US import post that gets trotted out every season...

But I’m wondering what the experience has been for people in Canada when it comes to recent imports. What’s am I going to end up paying?

For Canadians, there should be no extra taxes fees to pay upon delivery for MIE items. If It's MIC, you'll pay _a lot_ extra. A few hundred at least...

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

But I’m wondering what the experience has been for people in Canada when it comes to recent imports. What’s am I going to end up paying?

Nothing other than the HST and UPS's brokerage fees ($10 usually)... unless the garments been produced anywhere other than the EU, then i think you're looking at around an additional 15%ish. The only example i have is of someone else getting their J1A last month and paying ~$600. The taxes would have been about $300, so the remaining costs are the tariffs.

it’s pretty safe to assume the recent jackets are still made in EU judging by the prices. if they are made in China, expect to pay $3000 for a stotz jacket.

24 minutes ago, deathrazr said:

it’s pretty safe to assume the recent jackets are still made in EU judging by the prices. if they are made in China, expect to pay $3000 for a stotz jacket.

Whys that

3 minutes ago, ArmandGLA said:

Whys that

The J36-S is priced around the same as the MIC 2.2 J1A-GT, normally GT jackets are priced higher substantially over Stotz assuming both jackets are made in EU. If both these jackets were MIC, the price of the J36-S wouldn't be anywhere close to the price of the 2.2 J1A-GT. This is just my assumption as I cannot confirm if the J36 is MIC or not

3 hours ago, deathrazr said:

The J36-S is priced around the same as the MIC 2.2 J1A-GT, normally GT jackets are priced higher substantially over Stotz assuming both jackets are made in EU. If both these jackets were MIC, the price of the J36-S wouldn't be anywhere close to the price of the 2.2 J1A-GT. This is just my assumption as I cannot confirm if the J36 is MIC or not

Says in the description that the J36 is made in Switzerland. 

fabric is made in switzerland, garment assembled elsewhere (only the garment tag can tell us that now)

Posted (edited)

For those that ordered the p10A-E from US, I assume this is the code you will use to lower customs? 

Stotz (cotton) Pants (P23-S, P26-S)

Edited by rmc

Digging through the archives, and wondering if anyone can clear something up for me.

Old copy for the J36-GT lists the number of pockets as 9, including a mezzanine and internal pocket. The current version has only 5. Was the original copy wrong? Where were the other pockets? I mean, even if we allow for an internal pocket of some kind, and guess that the mezzanine pocket was behind the map pocket, there's still 2 pockets unaccounted for...

Also interesting that there was a version of the J36-GT that had only one gravity pocket...

Spec-sheet was a typo; the original online copy stated the correct 6 pockets (1 flak, 1 mezz, 2 gravity, 2 normal).

1 minute ago, piece keeper said:

Spec-sheet was a typo; the original online copy stated the correct 6 pockets (1 flak, 1 mezz, 2 gravity, 2 normal).

And the mezzanine was behind the flak?

4 hours ago, rmc said:

For those that ordered the p10A-E from US, I assume this is the code you will use to lower customs? 

Stotz (cotton) Pants (P23-S, P26-S)

Considering the P10A-E isn’t cotton, you might have a tough time with that.

I’m going to try 6203.43.03.00 or 6203.43.11.90 (synthetic fibers, RPO and water resistant) based on some cursory glances at the HTS.

i hate to ask but are there updated codes for stotz pants and stotz jackets? I haven't purchased stotz in quite some time.

6201.99.8010 worked fine for me as far as jackets. Lowered to 4%

Someone who has received his J36-S confirmed that it is made in Europe. 

In the Instagram comments on the J1A post, he did seem to indicate that it was just that jacket being manufactured there (for now).

Can’t seem to find more info on Canada-EFTA for MIE products regarding duties and customs. 

Any fellow Canucks can help me out? 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, JoseRizal said:

Can’t seem to find more info on Canada-EFTA for MIE products regarding duties and customs. 

Any fellow Canucks can help me out? 

Cheers 

try looking up CETA, when your package arrives in Canada, UPS will notify you about HST 13% in Ontario and like a $10 handling fee. 

In case there was any doubt, J36 looks like it was made in the EU. As a Canadian, I was charged HST plus a small import fee (like 10 bucks)—just as was expected from comments above. Thanks guys!

Anyone having trouble getting in touch with UPS to update HTS codes? Called a bunch of times and I always get to a full mailbox or someone that keeps forwarding me to another person. My last name starts with K and I tried Tina griffin (who was like is this for acronym? LOL guessing y’all been bugging her) who then forwarded me to Xiamorra but I can’t seem to get through to her. 

29 minutes ago, segue said:

Anyone having trouble getting in touch with UPS to update HTS codes? Called a bunch of times and I always get to a full mailbox or someone that keeps forwarding me to another person. My last name starts with K and I tried Tina griffin (who was like is this for acronym? LOL guessing y’all been bugging her) who then forwarded me to Xiamorra but I can’t seem to get through to her. 

Yep, the Dallas office number referenced in previous posts seems to no longer be affiliated with UPS (my last name starts with W).  Called the main brokerage line and was told to call a Philly number.  Haven't been able to reach the person at the end of that number though. 

Yeah, last time I copped from mothersite and called UPS (SS18), Tina forwarded me to someone who was on vacation who never returned my call even after I left a voicemail. Ended up just shelling out. I have a feeling every time there is a drop they are just bombarded with calls. Maybe some day there will be a more efficient way to do this.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, bluecrush said:

Yeah, last time I copped from mothersite and called UPS (SS18), Tina forwarded me to someone who was on vacation who never returned my call even after I left a voicemail. Ended up just shelling out. I have a feeling every time there is a drop they are just bombarded with calls. Maybe some day there will be a more efficient way to do this.

...Makes me wonder if Errolson was tweeted (anyone with twitter account?) about this matter if he would actually help a ton of us out. Maybe I’m off, but I can’t seeing it being too hard for him to just change to a different code when shipping out to US.

Edited by rmc

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, appolez said:

Yep, the Dallas office number referenced in previous posts seems to no longer be affiliated with UPS (my last name starts with W).  Called the main brokerage line and was told to call a Philly number.  Haven't been able to reach the person at the end of that number though. 

Was able to get through to Debbra who was able to update my HTS code! Her info is below 

Debbra P Britt
UPS Brokerage
2031 S Centennial Avenue
Aiken SC 29803
Desk 803-502-7063
Fax 502-374-7603
[email protected]

Edited by segue
Typo

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2019 at 1:11 PM, deathrazr said:

try looking up CETA, when your package arrives in Canada, UPS will notify you about HST 13% in Ontario and like a $10 handling fee. 

So upon further research, I read on RFD that Switzerland is not part of CETA as they aren’t part of EU.

I’m not really sure 

Edited by JoseRizal

1 hour ago, JoseRizal said:

So upon further research, I read on RFD that Switzerland is not part of CETA as they aren’t part of EU.

I’m not really sure 

Why does that matter?

this should be written as a sticky:

THE "MADE IN..." INFO ON ACRNM.COM REFERS TO FABRIC COUNTRY OF ORIGIN NOT ACTUAL GARMENT WHICH MATTERS FOR THE CETA.

3 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Why does that matter?

Trying to make sure I won’t get hit with a 30% mark up duties/customs.