Westbrook

Acronym.

15 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Deep pockets trademark tech.

I guess I never considered this another pocket, the phone pocket in the cargo pocket is a sewn pocket made of a separately cut piece of fabric, but looking through other specs I realize it's always been counted like that, I just don't know I would count it the same. Thanks for clearing that up though, can't say I wasn't hoping there was some secret way to slide knee pads into the reinforced knee or something :laugh2:

Posted (edited)

I will re-try another time: @HeckHouse or anybody else? Thx in advance!

On 3/5/2019 at 4:52 PM, saskey said:

Hello @HeckHouse. Could you please give a further insight regarding the ageing of the farbic after another 3 months. Is it pilling on and on? I am a size L in the J61-GT. Would you recommend the same size as an insulator or even an XL as the J61-GT is kind of anti-fit. @all: what other insulator would you recommend for the j61-gt? Same size or bigger?
Thanks in advance to you, @HeckHouse and all others that might chime in.
More than happy to deliver some info regarding the J61-GT if needed.

Best
saskey

On 12/5/2018 at 6:14 AM, HeckHouse said:

Grabbed a J65-KM and I love it. It's a bit boxy and not necessarily an easy wear, but the hardware details are great, it's really fun to layer with, and it's super warm. The Small barely works for me and there are definitely angles where it looks too big on me, but if anyone here was curious about sizing or anything, let me know if I can help.

DSC05111.thumb.jpg.f02c4859623f6975c1a9dedafc3d63e0.jpgDSC05093.thumb.jpg.565b995959ae48700bce2a746864c1aa.jpg

Edited by saskey
typo

So I have been thinking of pulling the trigger on a J47TS-GT jacket that I found in my size, anyone here that owns one or has owned can give any input on the pros and cons compared to the J47A which I have been patiently waiting for to pop up for sale. 

12 minutes ago, ArmandGLA said:

So I have been thinking of pulling the trigger on a J47TS-GT jacket that I found in my size, anyone here that owns one or has owned can give any input on the pros and cons compared to the J47A which I have been patiently waiting for to pop up for sale. 

Basically with the 47ts you lose a pocket. I find 47ts very very tight and almost has no extra room for a liner. Don't really know what else to tell you because you haven't provided much else. 

10 minutes ago, lxkhor said:

Basically with the 47ts you lose a pocket. I find 47ts very very tight and almost has no extra room for a liner. Don't really know what else to tell you because you haven't provided much else. 

Thank you for your input, I did not know they run smaller.

my intial all goal was to purchase J47A in my size (which I cannot find) so the next best option would be the J47TS to buy as a shell jacket. 

1 hour ago, ArmandGLA said:

Thank you for your input, I did not know they run smaller.

my intial all goal was to purchase J47A in my size (which I cannot find) so the next best option would be the J47TS to buy as a shell jacket. 

To clarify, the J47 variant is slimmer in general compared to say the J1s or J43a or J28 which fit straight. Not saying that J47ts fits way slimmer than 47a. 

5 hours ago, ArmandGLA said:

Here is a picture of me I posted on instagram for fit if it helps. 6'0, 150ibs. I havent purchased any liners yet but I can comfortably fit my patagonia ultra light down jacket under this. Its my first acronym jacket so I cant really  give you a comparison. If you want to know any specifics let me know and I can try to answer your questions. 

47689874_266958053984662_645359134604260

On 3/10/2019 at 4:36 PM, CARLOOA said:

Yo, try being a West Ham supporter, worst colors, at best like 3-4 at worst bottom half. Did I mention worst colors? Development squad for good teams. Lastly, Tottenham has been fire the past few years and we're slowly inching toward relegation.

To keep on topic, I think the discussion is fruitful because we can break the biases against some global economic realities and distinguish xenophobic criticism from valid ones.

why on earth would someone from Seattle choose to support West Ham? 

4 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

Guess the movie with Harry Potter a decade ago or he has a british origin.

15 hours ago, drgitlin said:

15 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

Guess the movie with Harry Potter a decade ago or he has a british origin.

I met Rio Ferdinand when I was like 12, now forever blowing bubbles.

Hey guys,

I wanted some input from owners of the J47A / J47TS / J74PX on correct fitment suggestions.

In these photos attached you will see the White 47TS paired with a silver J74 liner; As you know Acronyms website always pairs their models with size Medium (see size screen shot); my question is if they had the model wear a size Medium J74 in the photos, is the model wearing then wearing a size Large J47TS? Or are they both paired with size Mediums?

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 12.13.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 12.14.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 12.15.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 12.15.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 12.15.33 AM.png

They're paired with the same size.

13 hours ago, X.bee said:

They're paired with the same size.

Thank you

6 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

Several months in the wool has slightly pilled, nothing unexpected with boiled wool and given the texture it feels natural—it’s not distracting like you might find on some sweaters when the process happens. It feels like it’s “breaking in” a bit and isn’t so rigid. But I am babying it, so take this with that in mind. Might be able to see the texture better in the back shot.

it has aged beautifully. love the colours! 

6 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

Several months in the wool has slightly pilled, nothing unexpected with boiled wool and given the texture it feels natural—it’s not distracting like you might find on some sweaters when the process happens. It feels like it’s “breaking in” a bit and isn’t so rigid. But I am babying it, so take this with that in mind. Might be able to see the texture better in the back shot.

Thanks @HeckHouse!
Any input regarding the ability to zip it into a hard shell? If so same size?
Any specific recommendation for a J61-GT?

Thanks a ton!

8 hours ago, saskey said:

Thanks @HeckHouse!
Any input regarding the ability to zip it into a hard shell? If so same size?
Any specific recommendation for a J61-GT?

Thanks a ton!

You’re probably fine with same size. There’s a zip along the back of the neck which works with my Alpine (but my Alpine is a size smaller, so it’s not a great pairing). I’m unfortunately not the best person to ask, because Acronym’s shells are usually too large for me, so the XS alpine is all I have to go by.

Thanks @lxkhor! It’s unlike anything I’ve ever had in my wardrobe and I’ve enjoyed finding new things to mix and match with it.

On 3/11/2019 at 7:11 PM, ArmandGLA said:

I've been really happy with mine, I have been eyeing a J47 variant for a few years and 2018 was the first I could make that happen and I'm generally pretty Impressed with it, there's nothing that really feels missing, it's a complete package. I think the fit is very much a blazer cut, especially if you wear the sling on the outside it's apparent how structured it is. 

On 3/11/2019 at 7:26 PM, lxkhor said:

This hasn't been my experience, admittedly 6'4" 185lb wearing a size L, but I have been wearing the 47TS-GT all winter with the J74-PX or the J72-AK and sometime both at the same time and  they fit comfortably with a good range of motion. When wearing both liners in blizzards and deep winter scenarios it felt very snug, but not uncomfortably so. 

Definitely a loss of a pocket, but I've been using it with the MZ3 and it has allowed for a great deal of storage. I'll usually keep say a glove in each pocket of the J74, then on the jacket I can use the MZ3 or the napoleon pocket in a pocket for a phone, throw snacks/supplies/gear in the in the internal MZ3, a folding knife in one gravity pocket and a card holder in the other and then I still have the body of the napoleon pocket, the bag strap pocket and shoulder pocket to play with (and I keep the main pockets open for hands or groceries from the bodega) so theres still a LOT of pockets.

Forgive the awkward fit picks, 2 are with both layers on the other is just the J47 and J72

IMG_6313.JPG

IMG_8239.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

On 3/16/2019 at 4:34 PM, DROVES said:

I've been really happy with mine, I have been eyeing a J47 variant for a few years and 2018 was the first I could make that happen and I'm generally pretty Impressed with it, there's nothing that really feels missing, it's a complete package. I think the fit is very much a blazer cut, especially if you wear the sling on the outside it's apparent how structured it is. 

This hasn't been my experience, admittedly 6'4" 185lb wearing a size L, but I have been wearing the 47TS-GT all winter with the J74-PX or the J72-AK and sometime both at the same time and  they fit comfortably with a good range of motion. When wearing both liners in blizzards and deep winter scenarios it felt very snug, but not uncomfortably so. 

Definitely a loss of a pocket, but I've been using it with the MZ3 and it has allowed for a great deal of storage. I'll usually keep say a glove in each pocket of the J74, then on the jacket I can use the MZ3 or the napoleon pocket in a pocket for a phone, throw snacks/supplies/gear in the in the internal MZ3, a folding knife in one gravity pocket and a card holder in the other and then I still have the body of the napoleon pocket, the bag strap pocket and shoulder pocket to play with (and I keep the main pockets open for hands or groceries from the bodega) so theres still a LOT of pockets.

Forgive the awkward fit picks, 2 are with both layers on the other is just the J47 and J72

IMG_6313.JPG

IMG_8239.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

Slammed VW in the back I see?

6 hours ago, ChainsOnNateboardP said:

Slammed VW in the back I see?

Yessir, h&r ultralows, it fits it ships! 

Posted (edited)

btw. I would highly appreciate the NEXT TO SKIN TWIN TUBULAR REVERSIBLE concept to return as seen in 0809 & 0910 season

btw.

btw.

Edited by daniel

any s8-ds owner could suggest the size or send any fit pic please? 

I am 187cm and 83kg. wondering whether go for a large or medium. cheers.

4 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

any s8-ds owner could suggest the size or send any fit pic please? 

I am 187cm and 83kg. wondering whether go for a large or medium. cheers.

Would go for a large because of your size, not weight