Westbrook

Acronym.

2 hours ago, capnpyro said:

The part I was getting at is that Erlsn's created a lifestyle brand of progressive, forward thinking, high tech. China's known for cheap labor, human rights violations, and extremely poor working conditions. How does he reconcile that? With higher prices? His Twitter defense is disingenuous at best. If he just said we toured this factory and it's great, they have a break room and the workers are happy then cool. But he's just saying I'm Chinese, which is cool but bro you were born in Canada and live in Germany. I don't know, some sort of justification besides 'then don't buy it' is what I was looking for from him instead of just being ad hom defensive.

You cant really say, theirs a lot of things you own or have owned that were made in China; you shouldn't single out the brand just because China! I am just surprised he or the label are not made in Japan, kinda of mind blown. I just got into Acrnm fyi

49 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

You guys checked your Nike x Acronym shoes recently? Last I checked they were all made in China.

This should not be a surprise - Almost all Nike shoes are made in China

2 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

America's known for inaccessible health care, human rights violations, and extremely poor working conditions. 

Haha, you went there! I wasn't going to...

3 hours ago, drgitlin said:

America's known for inaccessible health care, human rights violations, and extremely poor working conditions. 

Whattaboutism!

3 hours ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

I somehow thinking this news worth checking in case it’s not quite known here.

https://www.ispo.com/en/companies/schedule-takeover-amer-sports-anta-sports-track

the title explains itself.

Yeah, that was last year right? Anta gonna pour R&D into Amer.

He can make his clothes wherever he wants because it’s his brand. And you can buy other brands which are made in eu because it’s your money.

And to those who think Acronym needs to inform the consumers of the change in advance, you know that you have the right to return the jacket, right?

Can we just leave it here now and come back to products?

A lot of tech wear brands including Japanese ones like Purple Label North Face & Nanamica have all their gore-tex fabrics made in Chinese factories.

The Chinese factories are faster and cheaper than Japanese ones. So that production schedules can be met and the cost kept to a realistic price point. 

There are good and bad factories in every country. I think we should be beyond labelling anything inferior or superior just because its made in a certain country. 

31 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

He can make his clothes wherever he wants because it’s his brand. And you can buy other brands which are made in eu because it’s your money.

And to those who think Acronym needs to inform the consumers of the change in advance, you know that you have the right to return the jacket, right?

Can we just leave it here now and come back to products?

Total agree with you. We should stop here. Made in China doesn't mean its bad. As long as the design, execution, material is great, product is great. I see a lot of non sense racism here which should not be existing in 21st Century. Those who still think China is human right violation should think deeply again. At least Chinese people know they are being violated while a lot of western country people blindly trusting their fake news making governments, they think they know everything from the fake news but they were just fools who never left their lovely country or continent and got brain washed by their own government. I doubt there will be another government who could take care of 1.4 billion people that well. European countries with 10 times, 20 times less population are facing bankruptcy, begging money from the union. Maybe China is a '3rd world country', but at least everyone is hard working and making money of their own, not begging from their government or other countries. I think we need to help each other, not penalizing which country is good or bad. E should just put 'Made On Planet Earth' and stop these nonsense discussion forever.   

51 minutes ago, darkart said:

Total agree with you. We should stop here. Made in China doesn't mean its bad. As long as the design, execution, material is great, product is great. I see a lot of non sense racism here which should not be existing in 21st Century. Those who still think China is human right violation should think deeply again. At least Chinese people know they are being violated while a lot of western country people blindly trusting their fake news making governments, they think they know everything from the fake news but they were just fools who never left their lovely country or continent and got brain washed by their own government. I doubt there will be another government who could take care of 1.4 billion people that well. European countries with 10 times, 20 times less population are facing bankruptcy, begging money from the union. Maybe China is a '3rd world country', but at least everyone is hard working and making money of their own, not begging from their government or other countries. I think we need to help each other, not penalizing which country is good or bad. E should just put 'Made On Planet Earth' and stop these nonsense discussion forever.   

your comment sounds like one of those online course discussion forum that due on Sunday 11:59 PM and requires a minimum of 250 word count. LOL I agree with you too

7 hours ago, drgitlin said:

woof.

Digging the differing viewpoints itt.

Making things in China is fine. Equating consumer surprise/concerns about local business practices with some sort of racial prejudice towards "the chinese people" is just LOL. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, danii said:

Just sit back and enjoy the fact that you are actually able to buy the stuff because there will be higher quantities.

I think this is the big thing. People like myself who don't mind buying second-hand are probably going to have it way better over the next few years.

Edited by hooper
typo

I wouldn’t hold my breath on an influx of large runs of new product. There probably won’t be that much difference. “Made in China” can be a blanket term for low quality/labor conditions yea... but it’s safe to say you’re not getting Old Navy socks and a J1 made in the same factory. I’ve toured production factories in a number of countries, and whoever owns the factory matters 100% more than the country it’s in. 

2 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

and whoever owns the factory matters 100% more than the country it’s in. 

This exactly, and for those of you doubting errolson and his lack of research and attention, shame on you. 

so much prejudice out there.

don't worry my fellow bots, sufu is a safe space for all Cybernetic, Digital, Non-Organic and Trans-Organic peoples.

Been wear the new j1a the last few days. Right out of the bag the jacket seems stiff but has already broken in. Fit is tts. Maybe slightly tighter in the shoulder but I have been laying with it just fine. Personally I do not think the collar is an upgrade/downgrade but I probably prefer the older one. Hood is an improvement. Other than that nothing else is really different to me. 

The P24A is listed as having 14 pockets, are pant legs pockets? Cause I count 12, every once in a while I check again and either I'm incapable of fathoming 13 and 14, or the copy is a joke that flew over my head.

If there are a pair of multidimensional voids I'm missing please enlighten me

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DROVES said:

The P24A is listed as having 14 pockets, are pant legs pockets? Cause I count 12, every once in a while I check again and either I'm incapable of fathoming 13 and 14, or the copy is a joke that flew over my head.

Deep pockets trademark tech.

Edited by brainerd666
Undue snark

4 hours ago, DROVES said:

WechatIMG1.thumb.jpeg.378f8a4d2f84c4ab555f0398e5a7a7df.jpegtook me a while to understand it...

But the coins in your pocket understood it intuitively. 

Dang dudes on here on some “fuck the commies” 1960s mentality. Talking about human rights and shit. You buying or not? If not the fuck off

14 minutes ago, JoseRizal said:

Dang dudes on here on some “fuck the commies” 1960s mentality. Talking about human rights and shit. You buying or not? If not the fuck off

Damn, chill. You know we still buying! :D We're talking about stuff because nothing else going on now. I think all of us are trying to just socialize over this stuff so we can continue to talk about Acronym in a lull.

Posted (edited)

^ haha I am cool as a cucumber. Some post were just cringe worthy. Like how do you automatically assume it’s shitty made cuz of where it’s made from? It could be constructed there but materials are made from somewhere else (I really dunno tbh)The worst read was this human rights crap like are we  techwear jutsu ready ninjas or politicians? Lol  

Edited by JoseRizal

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JoseRizal said:

^ haha I am cool as a cucumber. Some post were just cringe worthy. Like how do you automatically assume it’s shitty made cuz of where it’s made from? It could be constructed there but materials are made from somewhere else (I really dunno tbh)The worst read was this human rights crap like are we modern techwear ninjas or politicians? Lol  

I'm just playing man, I know you cool. I think it's good to think about, regardless of what we positions we hold. I'm glad that our community can discuss downstream and upstream effects of consumption. Also, my man, you got the Jose Rizal handle and you're not gonna entertain discussions re: labor and imperial exploitation!?!

Edited by CARLOOA

Posted (edited)

^ Manchester United just lost a very important match lol I’m little irate about that. Then coming back to this forum after quite sometime and going back as far as 4 pages made it worst. usually able to discuss these sort of things lol 

Edited by JoseRizal

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JoseRizal said:

^ Manchester United just lost a very important match lol I’m little irate about that. Then coming back to this forum after quite sometime and going back as far as 4 pages made it worst. usually able to discuss these sort of things lol 

Yo, try being a West Ham supporter, worst colors, at best like 3-4 at worst bottom half. Did I mention worst colors? Development squad for good teams. Lastly, Tottenham has been fire the past few years and we're slowly inching toward relegation.

To keep on topic, I think the discussion is fruitful because we can break the biases against some global economic realities and distinguish xenophobic criticism from valid ones.

Edited by CARLOOA

Man I remember Payet and his bangers. RIP Hammers.

And to come back on topic, I read some healthy points if not all tbh. Aside from The whole human rights thing. Really have nothing to do with acronym, their clothing, or their aesthetic. It  really did it for me lol