Westbrook

Acronym.

1 hour ago, tomatocookie said:

I am 5'7" or 170 cm

It'd probably fit me perfectly since i'm super skinny but i'm too tall and the sleeves would be too short.

10 hours ago, BlueBook said:

2.2 is slightly darker than other gt jackets. It doesn’t have the shades of navy. (Maybe it’s the lighting) wonder if anyone else see that too.

Yeah but it's more noticeable in photos, in real life they look pretty much the same to me

IMG_20190305_110132.jpg

Posted (edited)

Looking for some advice for my j1a, how should I go about purchasing a liner for it? Should I have to constantly look for xs liners or should I just forego this XS one for a size S j1a? Or can S liners fit in this one just fine?

Edited by tomatocookie
Clarity

Guess no one archived the J1A 2.2 on wayback machine. Well, I think I remember reading that the liner zip was extended on the new J1A, possibly to accommodate larger liners. Does your size S J72 not zip into the XS J1?

1 hour ago, fasttimes said:

Yeah but it's more noticeable in photos, in real life they look pretty much the same to me

IMG_20190305_110132.jpg

It's UV light that affects color. Dope dyeing will reduce degradation but it's still happening.

2 minutes ago, X.bee said:

Guess no one archived the J1A 2.2 on wayback machine. Well, I think I remember reading that the liner zip was extended on the new J1A, possibly to accommodate larger liners. Does your size S J72 not zip into the XS J1?

the auxzip works just fine I was wondering since my J72-AK kinda sticks out of the bottom and is very snug when zipped up

J1A-GT 2.2 impressions:

-mine is size XL

- Own J28-GT FW17/18 as comparison(also XL)

-Tried on several models over the past couple years, but I had been waiting 100% on a J1A to drop and wasn't going to settle for anything less

Jacket is unique, and while wearing it, it feels somehow on another level above 28,47 and other maximal acr shells.  I can't believe I'm saying it, but wearing it I feel like the jacket is worth about $2,000 and I'm not offended by the price tag(wish I didn't miss the import hack though......:/).  That being said, if I owned a previous model at 50 or 60% of retail I'm sure I'd feel differently.

The collar....is great and the styling is versatile.  With/without the hood and collar up/down/zippered....it totally changes the look of the piece which I really appreciate.

I'm not happy to own the first acr shell made in China.  I do think that this - more than the price increase which is more a product of supply/demand, and market/brand positioning - is just overall not a good feeling for the consumer and I agree with many of the points made here.

Fit/Build: 

-Body is longer than J28, J47TS(both in xl and gt pro)

- Lower body is wider than 28/47, it actually has a ton of room compared to the upper shoulder/chest area.......

-The shoulder/chest block of the body is a lot smaller than the j28gt, but still larger than j47TS.  I can layer tons under my j28, while I literally can't bend my arm while wearing j47ts gt because the bicep/shoulder area is so tight(I flat out can't wear that jacket).  2.2 is probably too small in the shoulders for me, but I'll make it work.  Sadly, I can't layer hoodies underneath this, and it's probably not going to be a go to on super cold days to wear over heavy/warm layers.

- Jacket feels a lot heavier than other shells.  I'm not sure why this is - more zippers??

- Even if I knew karate, there isn't a chance in hell I can do it while wearing 2.2, the mobility is really not good - at least for someone my size - but then again I'm actually pretty huge...ha

Overall:

Very happy, don't hesitate to pull the trigger if you get the opportunity.

1 hour ago, billy_clinton said:

J1A-GT 2.2 impressions:

-mine is size XL

- Own J28-GT FW17/18 as comparison(also XL)

-Tried on several models over the past couple years, but I had been waiting 100% on a J1A to drop and wasn't going to settle for anything less

Jacket is unique, and while wearing it, it feels somehow on another level above 28,47 and other maximal acr shells.  I can't believe I'm saying it, but wearing it I feel like the jacket is worth about $2,000 and I'm not offended by the price tag(wish I didn't miss the import hack though......:/).  That being said, if I owned a previous model at 50 or 60% of retail I'm sure I'd feel differently.

The collar....is great and the styling is versatile.  With/without the hood and collar up/down/zippered....it totally changes the look of the piece which I really appreciate.

I'm not happy to own the first acr shell made in China.  I do think that this - more than the price increase which is more a product of supply/demand, and market/brand positioning - is just overall not a good feeling for the consumer and I agree with many of the points made here.

Fit/Build: 

- Lower body is wider than 28/47, it actually has a ton of room compared to the upper shoulder/chest area.......

-The shoulder/chest block of the body is a lot smaller than the j28gt, but still larger than j47TS.  I can layer tons under my j28, while I literally can't bend my arm while wearing j47ts gt because the bicep/shoulder area is so tight(I flat out can't wear that jacket).  2.2 is probably too small in the shoulders for me, but I'll make it work.  Sadly, I can't layer hoodies underneath this, and it's probably not going to be a go to on super cold days to wear over heavy/warm layers.

- Jacket feels a lot heavier than other shells.  I'm not sure why this is - more zippers??

- Even if I knew karate, there isn't a chance in hell I can do it while wearing 2.2, the mobility is really not good - at least for someone my size - but then again I'm actually pretty huge...ha

Overall:

Very happy, don't hesitate to pull the trigger if you get the opportunity.

Any fit pics of your 28 or 47?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, billy_clinton said:

/Build: 

Would be great if you can post some fit pics of j28 camparing with j1a. I have a large j28 but fits a bit roomy for me. Considering to go for medium or large for j1a. I am 6’1” and 83kg btw

Edited by dreamboatjustsoul

a large will do you fine. i'm 5'11 and 75 kg, bought an L and regret not getting an m 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Considering to go for medium or large for j1a. I am 6’1” and 83kg btw

Im like 5'11"ish and same weight depending on last nights dinner, I thought my J28 (large) was roomy so I got a medium 2.2. As @billy_clinton said, the J1A is smaller in the chest/shoulder than I expected, and is a bit too tight for me with an insulator under it. The arms on the J28 feel too long for me, but are perfect length on the J1A. I thought the arm articulation in the J1A is equivalent, but arms forward leads to tightness in the shoulder on the J1A (made worse with an insulator). My insulator is just a uniqlo ultra light down thing, so it's not adding much but its puffy.

Also, I thought everyone was tripping about the color, but it really is a bit different. Its super subtle, and I only noticed with direct comparison under an amberish light. J28 has a slight navy tinge that's missing from the J1A. Though again this is super duper subtle imo.

Edited by RodG

16 minutes ago, RodG said:

Im like 5'11"ish and same weight depending on last nights dinner, I thought my J28 (large) was roomy so I got a medium 2.2. As @billy_clinton said, the J1A is smaller in the chest/shoulder than I expected, and is a bit too tight for me with an insulator under it. The arms on the J28 feel too long for me, but are perfect length on the J1A. I thought the arm articulation in the J1A is equivalent, but arms forward leads to tightness in the shoulder on the J1A (made worse with an insulator). My insulator is just a uniqlo ultra light down thing, so it's not adding much but its puffy.

Also, I thought everyone was tripping about the color, but it really is a bit different. Its super subtle, and I only noticed with direct comparison under an amberish light. J28 has a slight navy tinge that's missing from the J1A. Though again this is super duper subtle imo.

appreciate it, in this case, practically go for large, aesthetically for medium. 

On 12/5/2018 at 6:14 AM, HeckHouse said:

Grabbed a J65-KM and I love it. It's a bit boxy and not necessarily an easy wear, but the hardware details are great, it's really fun to layer with, and it's super warm. The Small barely works for me and there are definitely angles where it looks too big on me, but if anyone here was curious about sizing or anything, let me know if I can help.

DSC05111.thumb.jpg.f02c4859623f6975c1a9dedafc3d63e0.jpgDSC05093.thumb.jpg.565b995959ae48700bce2a746864c1aa.jpg

Hello @HeckHouse. Could you please give a further insight regarding the ageing of the farbic after another 3 months. Is it pilling on and on? I am a size L in the J61-GT. Would you recommend the same size as an insulator or even an XL as the J61-GT is kind of anti-fit. @all: what other insulator would you recommend for the j61-gt? Same size or bigger?
Thanks in advance to you, @HeckHouse and all others that might chime in.
More than happy to deliver some info regarding the J61-GT if needed.

Best
saskey

15 hours ago, capnpyro said:

I can't quite reconcile the price increase + made in China. Here's a snippet of my J1A-GT invoice from July 2016, that's $1,200 USD. The 2.2 is at what, $1,900 and Chinese now? Along with Errolson being such an eco/SJW it rubs me the wrong way.

pricehikesahoy.PNG

FOH with that "SJW" bullshit. What are you, some kind of redpiller?

@SuE Now's your chance to complain to E's face; he's currently addressing Made in China qualms on Twitter. 

21 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

@SuE Now's your chance to complain to E's face; he's currently addressing Made in China qualms on Twitter. 

I don't have an issue with 'Made in China' per se. My complaint is with the nature of the reveal for which I don't think there's a good excuse. If anyone wants to ask him why he wasn't upfront on Twitter then sure whynot but I'm past that

2 hours ago, drgitlin said:

FOH with that "SJW" bullshit. What are you, some kind of redpiller?

About you FOH with your virtue signalling. There's a reason SuFu is a politics free space and it's worked pretty well so far. 

Posted (edited)

I think having to announce it up-front or reveal it would have further insinuated any negative connotations about Chinese mfg. It just isn't relevant. If manufacturing of a certain item moved from say, Portugal to France, I don't think people would be complaining about not knowing about it. Some people like myself will be affected differently by taxes, but whatever lol.

Chinese mfg is Acronym at its core. It throws industry trends and norms out the window. That "Made in China" tag will be a punch in the gut to anyone who was buying the clothes as status symbols. 

Did people already forget every J63A-FO had to be recalled for a mfg defect?

Edited by hooper

People getting upset over Chinese manufacturing when the goddamn designer is Chinese is all kinds of wonderful. 

55 minutes ago, Kasper said:

About you FOH with your virtue signalling. There's a reason SuFu is a politics free space and it's worked pretty well so far. 

complaining that chinese people are now making your acr in addition to 99% of your other shit
sufu is a politics free space

do you not see the irony in this.. .

8 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

People getting upset over Chinese manufacturing when the goddamn designer is Chinese is all kinds of wonderful. 

I was today years old when I found nothing is made in Japan and the designer is not Japanese.

"SJW"

"Keep politics out of it"

"Virtue signalling"

We're only moments away from chuds shrieking about "cultural marxism" and "reverse racism," it seems. 

3 minutes ago, aosd said:

complaining that chinese people are now making your acr in addition to 99% of your other shit
sufu is a politics free space

do you not see the irony in this.. .

I was only responding to a post from drgitlin that made clear that:

• He is a progressive and
  • Everyone that doesn't agree with his progressive worldview is an idiot racist nazi scum 

Frankly, you can have a discussion about the manufacturing of garments without this crap. I really don't think loudly proclaiming you're part of the #resistance (or that you're all about MAGA) is going to bring any benefits to this conversation, it's just obnoxious. 

The part I was getting at is that Erlsn's created a lifestyle brand of progressive, forward thinking, high tech. China's known for cheap labor, human rights violations, and extremely poor working conditions. How does he reconcile that? With higher prices? His Twitter defense is disingenuous at best. If he just said we toured this factory and it's great, they have a break room and the workers are happy then cool. But he's just saying I'm Chinese, which is cool but bro you were born in Canada and live in Germany. I don't know, some sort of justification besides 'then don't buy it' is what I was looking for from him instead of just being ad hom defensive.

1 hour ago, drgitlin said:

He's Canadian, no?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kasper said:

I was only responding to a post from drgitlin that made clear that:

• He is a progressive and
  • Everyone that doesn't agree with his progressive worldview is an idiot racist nazi scum 

Frankly, you can have a discussion about the manufacturing of garments without this crap. I really don't think loudly proclaiming you're part of the #resistance (or that you're all about MAGA) is going to bring any benefits to this conversation, it's just obnoxious. 

No one uses the term SJW in good faith. Why you're white-knighting that is beyond me, but you do you, buddy. 

19 minutes ago, shoreman said:

He's Canadian, no?

Edited by drgitlin

1 hour ago, capnpyro said:

The part I was getting at is that Erlsn's created a lifestyle brand of progressive, forward thinking, high tech. China's known for cheap labor, human rights violations, and extremely poor working conditions. How does he reconcile that? With higher prices? His Twitter defense is disingenuous at best. If he just said we toured this factory and it's great, they have a break room and the workers are happy then cool. But he's just saying I'm Chinese, which is cool but bro you were born in Canada and live in Germany. I don't know, some sort of justification besides 'then don't buy it' is what I was looking for from him instead of just being ad hom defensive.

There's nothing to justify. You don't know a single thing about the factory the products are being made in.

17 minutes ago, hooper said:

There's nothing to justify. You don't know a single thing about the factory the products are being made in.

Exactly, I think there could be legitimate concerns re: China's track record with the garment industry, but considering what Errolson tweets about, he's probably done his homework on the factory he's partnered with. Unless we learn to the contrary, give him the benefit of the doubt, and enjoy the fact that prices will go down a bit between fw18 and ss19/fw19.

1 hour ago, capnpyro said:

China's known for cheap labor, human rights violations, and extremely poor working conditions.

Saying a person or country is "known for" something is really, dangerously vague. It's the sort of language people use when they're trying to make strong accusations without wanting to go into detail. "______ is known for making rude comments at parties!" Which parties? Which comments? When? What are your sources? Or are you only repeated what others have told you?

The insidious thing is that, by saying "known for," you always have the option of retreating into "I was only saying that people talk that way! I'm not saying I think that way!"

The reality is that China is no longer the site of cheap labour that it once was. I've said this before—companies like Arc'teryx are moving much of their manufacturing out of China and into places that are less expensive. Fast fashion brands are way further along that process. No one does manufacturing better than China at this point, and I don't blame Errolson for moving some things there.

One could, in theory, allow Errolson's "virtue signalling" to inform one's interpretation of the move to china, rather than to contradict it. In other words, we could take Errolson's tweets about fashion ethics at face value and trust that he's applying those same ethical standards in China.

You guys checked your Nike x Acronym shoes recently? Last I checked they were all made in China.