Westbrook

Acronym.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:20 AM, Yan90 said:

Maybe you mean fake 23a-ds?...

Giveaway on these is bottom cuff is stupid wide compared to authentic, at least on the ones I've seen pop up.

On 2/17/2019 at 5:28 AM, lopiteaux said:

What is the general feedback on the PX? How warm is the fabric, is it worth the price tag, and is it as fragile as it looks?

Also, what shoes are P23A-S owners pairing with? I have a pair in black, love the fit, but always find myself doubting my choice of shoe when I wear them.

I have both the J63-F0 and J74-PX in white that I've been wearing throughout winter, layering under a thick down. I find the J63 just slightly warmer than the J74. Both are equally stunning pieces personally. I find myself wearing the J63 more often because it is black, ages really well, and looks good when I wear the J65-AK over it. The J74 feels flimsy at first, but is really solid in construction and does not rip or tear at all. The FO fabric on the J63 is also flimsy and thin at first touch, but is really quite lasting.

Just pray for a new blazer this year no matter how it influenced by j5, j11, j29, j44 or a simple reissue but for sure thank god not a chance for a film out.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

9 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

I’m pretty convinced that this iteration of DS is one of the best materials out there for a pair of pants.

Couldn't agree with you more. I bought the same pair and have been wearing them constantly waiting for the eventual failure moment and nope, nothing yet. Best pants purchase I've ever made.

10 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

So, I’ve been wearing the latest drop of P10-DS hard. Like really hard. Almost daily since I bought them at the end of last summer. Looking at a close to six months of daily. I’ve worn them in a busy professional kitchen environment. I’ve worn them in the rain and snow and in-between. I’ve hiked in them, and drunkenly explored urban confines in them. I’ve crawled around in weird places in them. I’ve sat in my couch for hours in them playing the vid games. I’m pretty convinced that this iteration of DS is one of the best materials out there for a pair of pants. They are light and move with you/stretch, are ultra comfy and luxe feeling -but at the same time don’t feel flimsy, inconsequential or cheap/synthetic like some 4 way stretch material. I’ve been highly surprised by the durability- not found a single instance of fraying, abrasion or pilling. My S15-DS has minor pilling where my arms naturally brush against my trunk area. None of that on these. There’s been times when I’ve had an oh fuck moment where I thought they snagged in something or some shit but turned out to be nothing. Whereas it would’ve been an issue with other shit I’ve worn(presumably). The stain resistance, wind resistance and water beading is great. My only minor gripe is that they do tend to hold odors a bit more than the S or CH versions I own. I may notice that more so based on wearing them in a kitchen environment where some food smells are highly exaggerated both due to strength and frequency(I’ve worn the S and CH versions in the same environment without this issue or at least not to the same degree).

If they ever release an iteration of the SS-J25 in this material I’ll happily wade through a sea of razor blade brimmed MAGA snap back wearing aerosolized Ebola spewing yeezy clad mumble rappers festooned in Siberian razor wire coated with Supreme replicating nanites just to get that shit. And I’m not just saying all of this because they costed many of the dollaroos. Shit is güd fam. 

Hey. What the difference between old and new iteration of p10-ds from recent drop? Only the cf plastic button?

The last iteration of p10-s has a "new", thinner stotz fabric, olive (if RAF) ankle zippers, cf plastic button instead of metal snap, wider phone pocket. 

27 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

Hey. What the difference between old and new iteration of p10-ds from recent drop? Only the cf plastic button?

The last iteration of p10-s has a "new", thinner stotz fabric, olive (if RAF) ankle zippers, cf plastic button instead of metal snap, wider phone pocket. 

It’s my understanding from reading on here and talking to fellow members that the DS is more wear resistant, less likely to pill, and slightly ‘heavier’. I’ve not owned the previous iterations so can’t say for sure. I only own the S15-DS which is a thinner version of the old DS as far as I know. The face of the fabric on the new DS feels silkier and less coarse than the DS on the S15 IMO. 

2 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Is there any reason to prefer the J47A over the J47TS?

You don't have to buy any modulars to have all your pockets.

15 minutes ago, SNg said:

You don't have to buy any modulars to have all your pockets.

Quality-wise, (older production vs newer production), are there any differences?

6 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

it really depends on the garment. normally i prefer newer goretex models out of the higher chance that the microgrid isnt prone to delam. Depending on age, nature of use, and care, those factors can result in a higher possibility of compromise to the fabric and/or seam tape but since the 47a came out 3-4 years ago, I don't think that will be as big of an issue as opposed to comparing it with a shell from say maybe 10 years ago since the gore tex pro fabric itself improved (i forget which year it increased a substantial amount of breathability). 

Edited by segue
typo

8 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

it wont cost you an arm and a leg when purchasing 

8 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

depends.. do you like your kidneys?

Edited by nodre

3 hours ago, nodre said:

depends.. do you like your kidneys?

What are the key differences? Im so torn between the J47A-GT / J58-WS / J32-GT / J27-GT as my first acronym purchase...

J47a has interops with all the bells and whistles 

j32 and j27 are “plain” in terms of acrnm jackets but they are great jackets in their own right 

j58 isn’t a shell

1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

j32 and j27 are “plain” in terms of acrnm jackets but they are great jackets in their own right 

j58 isn’t a shell

I know the j58 isnt a shell, and I hate what ppl are reselling them for; for a "insulator!"

I like the simplicity of the j32/j27; And I get now why the j47 resells for more. Its the higher notch jacket. I just do not know what to buy as my first acronym piece!

14 minutes ago, ArmandGLA said:

I know the j58 isnt a shell, and I hate what ppl are reselling them for; for a "insulator!"

I like the simplicity of the j32/j27; And I get now why the j47 resells for more. Its the higher notch jacket. I just do not know what to buy as my first acronym piece!

I’ll say that I’ve only owned the j28, j1a, j68, j16, and the j47 and I’ve gotten rid of all of them except my 47. As of now it’s my favorite jacket (so far) because of the stand up hood and collar, gigantic left pocket and sub pocket, and slim profile fit. J1a is a close second and I’d like to get my hands on a j36 when they rerelease it sometime in the future whenever that will be :)

1 hour ago, segue said:

I’ll say that I’ve only owned the j28, j1a, j68, j16, and the j47 and I’ve gotten rid of all of them except my 47. As of now it’s my favorite jacket (so far) because of the stand up hood and collar, gigantic left pocket and sub pocket, and slim profile fit. J1a is a close second and I’d like to get my hands on a j36 when they rerelease it sometime in the future whenever that will be :)

J47A it is then, I actually have few tabs opened for different ones for sale. But like another member mentioned, the new collection is going to drop and we know their will be fire pieces 

9 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

j58 isn’t a shell

Bells and whistles I know but has the J47A got the EscapeZip(insert fancy trademark/copyright symbol)?

6 hours ago, ArmandGLA said:

J47A it is then, I actually have few tabs opened for different ones for sale. But like another member mentioned, the new collection is going to drop and we know their will be fire pieces 

Are you eyeing the one on Grailed that's shipped from the UK? Cause me too omg where's my wallet

Edited by hentaiyarou69

2 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Bells and whistles I know but has the J47A got the EscapeZip(insert fancy trademark/copyright symbol)?

Are you eyeing the one on Grailed that's shipped from the UK? Cause me too omg where's my wallet

Lol yup, he doesn’t have proof of purchase but looks reputable on Grailed. Theirs 2 other listings for less tho.

plus I am not sure how they run size wise, true to size ? Oversized ? 

Not everyone will keep their proof of purchase. Best to learn to legit check then. 

J47 runs tts to a bit slim imo. 

46 minutes ago, ArmandGLA said:

Lol yup, he doesn’t have proof of purchase but looks reputable on Grailed. Theirs 2 other listings for less tho.

plus I am not sure how they run size wise, true to size ? Oversized ? 

For most brands, I usually Google the product designer ID, then look for Japanese websites because its their custom to do actual product measurements before listing on their website (since in Japan they don't have to take returns). This way you get a sense of the fit.

Wow.. thanks E. Looking for size XL boys.

Edited by X.bee

What was the price in Euro?

Took a huge L... The time is so unfriendly for the EU bois god damn it.

Extremely interesting neck and collar design. Anyone else notice anything new?

lmao wtf. my payment went through paypal, card was charged, got payment confirmation email and receipt, and then like 30 mins later got an email saying my order was "automatically cancelled due to a delay in the payment clearance process on PayPal". anyone had this happen before?