Westbrook

Acronym.

RAF-Stotz highlights the architecture of the pieces soooo well. Its incredible. 

Good stuff man, love seeing the details in different iterations

I can provide 3 links from Asian manufactures that are faking these along with other jackets, its really pissing me off.

22 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Surely no-one is faking P24s??!

5 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

That seller has negative feedback for selling fakes if you click on his profile

Edited by ArmandGLA

there are really really good fake P24A-DS in the market. the only way you can tell visually is when they're rolled up, the fakes are fuzzy inside unlike the authentic ones. the cut and hardware, however, is a 100% match

Edited by moneytalks

i've reported both the fake j1a seller and the fake s21-ds seller about a dozen times now but ebay gives zero fucks.

21 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

there are really really good fake P24A-DS in the market. the only way you can tell visually is when they're rolled up, the fakes are fuzzy inside unlike the authentic ones. the cut and hardware, however, is a 100% match

Fuzzy how? I just remembered now that when I rolled up my p24a it was a bit fuzzy but I thought it might’ve been from wear. And are these fakes recent? I got mines about a year ago 

Edited by Kamikaze

Are you serious about real good fake?

Its a huge difference between fake and og -DS (outer pattern,  softness, inside fuzzy texture, ribbon material, extremely crooked stitching etc.)

I have never seen a fake 24a-ds btw. Maybe you mean fake 23a-ds?...

Edited by Yan90

1 hour ago, Inkinsurgent said:

i've reported both the fake j1a seller and the fake s21-ds seller about a dozen times now but ebay gives zero fucks.

Same here :/

So quick question, their are some pretty faded acronym pants, and I wanted to re dye them to look some what original. is their a company or link to this discussion?

5 minutes ago, ArmandGLA said:

So quick question, their are some pretty faded acronym pants, and I wanted to re dye them to look some what original. is their a company or link to this discussion?

I was wondering the same thing on these old veilance pants I have. Most people would suggest rit dye but is there something more advanced?

1 minute ago, Yardsale said:

I was wondering the same thing on these old veilance pants I have. Most people would suggest rit dye but is there something more advanced?

I was thinking perhaps sending it to an established company to have them done correctly. Problem is, if you dye pants to get the fade away, will it match a acronym jacket color for example. I hate have different tones of black on me.

7 minutes ago, ArmandGLA said:

I was thinking perhaps sending it to an established company to have them done correctly. Problem is, if you dye pants to get the fade away, will it match a acronym jacket color for example. I hate have different tones of black on me.

10 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

Wabi-sabi my friends.

13 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Wabi-sabi my friends.

Lol, if they weren't this pricy, I would agree!

On 2/19/2019 at 6:04 PM, SNg said:

Great write-up. Question though, how are you finding epic cotton in terms of weather resistance, color-fastness and overall durability? I've heard that it fades stupid quick and that it's subject to fraying/holes.

Asking as I'm somewhat hunting a J1A-S, J1A-E or J28-E, so it would be extremely useful and appreciated to hear more user thoughts about epic. 

Thanks in advance.

They also have the pricing the wrong way around...

Strange, as I half remember that they previously had a different model wearing them correctly.

Edited by lopiteaux

Following in the footsteps of Nike... 

1nike-errolson-hugh-sneaker-freaker-acg.jpg

2 hours ago, mike.kanashi said:

Great write-up. Question though, how are you finding epic cotton in terms of weather resistance, color-fastness and overall durability? I've heard that it fades stupid quick and that it's subject to fraying/holes.

Asking as I'm somewhat hunting a J1A-S, J1A-E or J28-E, so it would be extremely useful and appreciated to hear more user thoughts about epic. 

Thanks in advance.

For a roughly 13 year old jacket, the epic jacket is only epic in name at this point when it comes to weather resistance. I wouldn't go out into anything more than a light shower. In its defense, I haven't gotten around to cleaning it properly but as it stands, it's about as waterproof as a lightweight cotton jacket. I think that's one reason why it's been able to stay dark. It's only started to fray at the cuffs and it's dark-medium grey around high wear areas like the underside of the button snap for the gravity pockets. There are some small holes here and there but it's mostly been localized to around the cuffs. It blocks wind fairly well but in colder weather I would definitely wear a fleece or some sort of insulator underneath. I think back in the day the "ergonomic" design was mostly just a more generous cut with some cool pattern shapes so you can layer a lot under the e-j1a.

That being said, it's a great jacket to wear pretty much any time when it isn't raining heavily. The softness of the epic cotton is nice and it dries fairly quickly in my experience. It actually drapes a little differently because of how soft the fabric is. My main design gripe with the e-j1a is the velcro along the front. It catches on the webbing on the 3a-1 strap and pretty much anything else. Even the webbing that you thread your earphone cables through - it's fuzzy because of the velcro. I think it was a great move on their part to move towards the snaps (which started in 08 for the j1a models I think). I would say that I'm partial to stotz because I like the texture a little more and I actually prefer the stiffness of it (even though I do like the softness of epic). Just a personal thing.

I would really love to see a j1a-s update with the newer cut and a decked out flak pocket like it is on the older j1a iterations. But I don't think they would because that inner zip is now an opening for your insulator's chest pocket.

Thanks so much for the thorough response. And I also am hopeful for an updated J1A-S, the stotz and wider cut compared to GT are a very alluring combo. 

5 hours ago, ArmandGLA said:

Do you want it match a black Stotz jacket or GT shell? Cause they're different shades of black. My black Stotz & DS pants are darker than my black shells.

Hi guys, I am looking for a price check or an interest check on my S-J14.

It's from SS10 and a size large, unfortunately I do not have the bag or specsheet, and the jacket originally came with a 3A-SR1, which I do not have either.

Good condition overall, with a very small hole in one sleeve and a partially cut pull tab on one side. Probably a 7.5/10 considering age.

How much do you guys think I should put this up for on the sales thread? Thanks in advance.

Also I'm posting it here because it's quite an old item and not much info is available online.

Pictures here -> https://imgur.com/a/o6rFizh

@g.m start high and bring it down if it doesn't sell. older, worn, and less in-demand items like yours can still fetch at least $500 USD. 650 sounds like a good starting point.

edit: also, please post in the "community sales thread"

Edited by hooper

Anyone have experience repairing stotz? My P20s tore by the front pocket and the fabric is really frayed at the seams. 

On 2/20/2019 at 3:47 PM, Kamikaze said:

Fuzzy how? I just remembered now that when I rolled up my p24a it was a bit fuzzy but I thought it might’ve been from wear. And are these fakes recent? I got mines about a year ago 

much obviously fuzzier than real DS

**edit** and yes i mean P24A-DS
when you turn up the hem it resembles fleece (but a VERY mild version is that makes sense)

stitching etc is actually DECENT, also no one will pay that close attention, i'd kick you in the eye if you came that close to my pants lol
pockets on the inside have a much brighter sheen than real ACR, and the size tag comes off the pockets after a few washes

how do i know all this? i bought a pair to bash around in on trips where i don't want to worry about my thousand dollar pants getting ruined, but still look steezy
having both the real ones and the taobao ones i would say:
1. water resistance is similar
2. taobao "DS" is actually slightly more windproof
3. taobao "DS" is warmer (i personally prefer the real thing because i live in the tropics)
4. taobao "DS" is stretchier and a little more durable
5. the ammo pockets with the pop buttons are super high quality construction on the authentic pair, the fake ones feel like they may fall off after a few uses
that said, a very decent pair of pants for 80 bucks

is it worth spending about 80 bucks on a pair just to see the style? YMMV i suppose

nothing beats wearing a real ACR

Edited by moneytalks

I had professionally dyed an EPIC jacket. The dye company does only 100% cotton and all it did was unify the fading but the jacket was not 100% dark black again. They dyed my nemen -C t-shirt too and the result was incredible rich black way better then the faded original (and better then the hair bleach accident texture).