Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, thatslapz said:

Cinch them.  Label looks fine.  See reference for fit:

https://hbx.com/brands/acronym/p17-ds-schoeller-r-dryskin-drawcord-trouser

21 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Yeah, that looks great. The guidance posted on Acronym's website says that the L is made for a 34" waist, but, it's massively oversized, and designed to be cinched, as @thatslapz explained.

Enjoy them, the P17's are ridiculously good!

Brilliant, thanks guys! Wasn't prepared for them to be this huge. Cinched them and it all seems to work a lot better. 

Should I expect similar waist oversize from all acronym pants? Am intrigued by the P23-S, usually wearing 34" should I go for size medium?

7 minutes ago, Leviathan_division said:

Brilliant, thanks guys! Wasn't prepared for them to be this huge. Cinched them and it all seems to work a lot better. 

Should I expect similar waist oversize from all acronym pants? Am intrigued by the P23-S, usually wearing 34" should I go for size medium?

Don't mention it :)

P15, P17, P22 and P23 all have the same waist... I'm not certain, as I haven't owned them, but I think P25 and P27 do too.

I'm usually a 34 or 36, depending on the brand, and wear a M in P17, P22 and P23. It all depends on your preference, really - the guideline is usually to go with the length that works for you.

Btw, someone posted a really helpful fit pic comparison between S, M and L of the same block a while ago. I'm not sure when, you'll have to do some digging, but will be very helpful.

P.S. It's worth mentioning that the fit will vary *slightly* depending on the fabric. I find that the Stotz is a little tighter than the DS/CH of the same model.

Edited by lopiteaux

9 minutes ago, Leviathan_division said:

No, only the P17 and P23 have massive waists that have to be cinched. (And maybe the -15s? I can't remember, I don't have those.) P24 is a high waist pattern, and they come up a bit large. P16s are true to size, also meant to be a high waist. P9s are more of a low waist cut, and come up a bit smaller. P14s come up very small, although that might have just been the one season.

And yeah, that 3xdry tag doesn't look dodgy at all. 

Edited by drgitlin

3 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

No, only the P17 and P23 have massive waists that have to be cinched. (And maybe the -15s? I can't remember, I don't have those.) P24 is a high waist pattern, and they come up a bit large. P9s are more of a low waist cut, and come up a bit smaller. P13s (or maybe P14s - not the motocross ones) come up very small. 

+P22

Great guidance on the rest, have always wondered about the P9s!

Edited by lopiteaux

On 4/11/2018 at 6:53 PM, Z-11 said:

I agree with AvantSol. I have three different pairs of p23 in different sizes and materials. p23-s (S) looks good, but they are not very convenient (tensed in calves), p23ts-ch (XL) are long enough and wide. p23a-ds (L) are perfect. 
Also I had p10ts-ds (L) and they were long. Stretched knees below the knees looked particularly ugly. Surprisingly, but the same size in p10a-s (L) looks good.

PS I'm 5'11"

p23.jpg

Is this the post that you guys were referring to?

Some more data points. 185cm / 6'1", 95kg / 210lbs (weight mostly in legs because squats are life). All are size L:

P23-S: Can get tight around the calves if they ride up (like from taking big leaps up stairs) but otherwise fit great.

P23a-DS: The stretch means there's no calf tightness ever. These are glorious.

P10-S: These are mega tight over my thighs, like I painted them on. But I often still use a belt for the waits (though honestly optional.)

P10-CH: Best pants in the world. Everything is perfect. (But I use a belt.)

Bonus round: Nosucism P10 copies: Larger, cut sags differently around knees (in a slightly negative way) and ankle zippers are further in front which is awkward. But I dounbt I could use M. A skinnier person my height should go for M though.

I wear P10A-CH in L / P23TS-S in S (I had P17-DS in L and M and both were like fat people pants for my midget build). The golden rule posted here was to buy the ones with built-in webbing belt pullcords buy based on your weight and by waist otherwise.

This is just spitballing—but I think what's always left out of the size discussion is "normative" fit. The above picture by @Z-11 is great because it allows you to understand the overall proportions of the garment relative to your size. The problem with internet fashion forums is the overall lack of understanding of one's own body and the relative effect of certain types of clothes on an overall aesthetic. In other words, it seems like people do not understand what clothes are fit to fit their 'fit? 

When asking for garment sizing, are you average build/height? Do you have muscle mass? Where do you carry your weight? Are you trying to wear something more slouchy? Is there a fit you're trying to emulate? Do you just want it to be in line with what the product shots do?

With regard to the super-wide Acronym pants: they allow for an interesting drape but it feels like people don't understand how a fabric even hangs on a body. In my opinion, wearing the ultra wide 25/27/30 or 15/17/22/23 super-wide pant without having mass under it looks like it's on a hangar or you're wearing an older siblings clothes. In this respect a slimmer-but-still-wide pant like the 16/24 would do the same without the silly extremeness. If effecting a more billowing silhouette is what you're looking for, I'd just do that. If you're ultra skinny, even a stacked P10 can give the slouch and looseness.

The fit models in Acronym materials have relatively athletic body types and they're all between 5'10–6' 2" or something at probably 150–180lbs with probably even weight, and thus, circumference consistent with an athletic body. Accordingly, their medium displays the normative fit for their clothing. I guess I understand though—fitting clothing requires something that's difficult: self-reflection and cognizance.

"Am I tall?" "Am I too fat?" "Is my waist too big or too small?" "Do I lack muscle mass?" The hard questions!

I lucked out when I bought my first pair of P10-S offa grailed, (this was back in 2016 before everyone was trying to retire off their used gear). Dude was very patient with my fit questions and asked straight up what kind of build I have to save me any aggravation(Dude was jealous of my calves). Gave me the confidence to buy my first stupidly expensive pair of pants. I really like the different drapes/profiles you get across the spectrum of materials for the P10’s. 

13 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

I am not sure the p24a-s which is shown in the official fit pic is medium. as Ian is quite tall, probably like 6'2" smt. Compared with my own fit, I think it is a large.

Same as the J65, it says E wears large, but from people previous post, it turns out TTS. 

i think this comes down to body proportion. For my body, the M pants are short while the L fit just right. however for jackets length wise, the small jackets are the correct fit, but, i have long arms so they run small on the sleeves. This is because I have a unusual body where arms and legs are very long but the torso is quite short. Average male bodies have longer torsos and shorter legs, which is probably the case with E and I.
Just for ref im 6'1"

I’ve been wearing the white j74 on and off for weeks just under a shell. It does its job if it gets a bit nippy out but not sure how well it will hold up in really cold weather. I’m bringing it with me to travel so we’ll see. Price is subjective but I wish it was a little cheaper after customs fees. Fabric looks flimsy as it’s see through but it is ripstop and I’ve had no problems with it so far. Shows stains easily but that just tells me it’s time to wash it haha. 

1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

I’ve been wearing the white j74 on and off for weeks just under a shell. It does its job if it gets a bit nippy out but not sure how well it will hold up in really cold weather. I’m bringing it with me to travel so we’ll see. Price is subjective but I wish it was a little cheaper after customs fees. Fabric looks flimsy as it’s see through but it is ripstop and I’ve had no problems with it so far. Shows stains easily but that just tells me it’s time to wash it haha. 

I've found that the J74 is equivalent to a 500-400gsm fleece so it's really nice as an layering piece; in that regard the two way hand pockets are amazing to store things when wearing a shell. If it had holster pockets + the front waist pocket the 74 would be the ideal ACRNM temperate climate insulator for me.

5 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

What is the general feedback on the PX? How warm is the fabric, is it worth the price tag, and is it as fragile as it looks?

Also, what shoes are P23A-S owners pairing with? I have a pair in black, love the fit, but always find myself doubting my choice of shoe when I wear them.

Copped myself a pair of danner usmc rat non goretex version to go with my p23a-s raf. For sure it might lean the side of mall warlord or so but the combo should be a go-anytime solution. Also being quite a while the lovely Acrnm look book highly recommend  the sisp Chelsea boot by dimme.

Personnal any slip on either plain or checkerboard would be my fav too.

While we on the topic of giving thoughts and opinions on pieces can i hear what you guys think about the P22's?

I've yet to get my first ACR pants and aiming to get P10, P24A and P23A eventually there's a cheap pair of P22's on grailed rn and deciding whether to cop or not.

1 minute ago, uboraan said:

While we on the topic of giving thoughts and opinions on pieces can i hear what you guys think about the P22's?

I've yet to get my first ACR pants and aiming to get P10, P24A and P23A eventually there's a cheap pair of P22's on grailed rn and deciding whether to cop or not.

They're culottes or, if you're a weeaboo, hakama pants. I think they're unremarkable in terms of wide leg pants.

My opinion on top tier Acronym panting: ultrawide P30, wide P16A, loose P24A, regular P20, slim P10.

2 hours ago, gosgjkaj said:

Quick question about logo tape, some of them have logo on the left, any body know why?

Here is a picture from my friend

微信图片_20190217220449.jpg

The position of the logo varies, eg. the the right on J46U, to the left on J69.

The quality of the bottom label looks a little sus though... looks very messy/cheap in comparison to mine and the one at the top.

Thanks @Kamikaze, @Xu Jianfeng, @CARLOOA and @X.bee for the feedback, much appreciated.

Very interested in trying out the J74... It seems that both of you are quite positive about the fabric. Am I right in understanding that it's much more durable than it looks, or is it the new XPAC foil?

Re the P23A's... I echo your sentiments for slip ons and boots, although the latter, as Xu pointed out, can be a little over the top. But then again, "over the top" is pretty much the P23A in a nutshell.

6 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

The position of the logo varies, eg. the the right on J46U, to the left on J69.

The quality of the bottom label looks a little sus though... looks very messy/cheap in comparison to mine and the one at the top.

I have no idea I only have a J47TS-GT in hand which the logo on the right, it really confuse me...

How about the J1A showing above? What do you thing in terms of authenticity?

4 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Thanks @Kamikaze, @Xu Jianfeng, @CARLOOA and @X.bee for the feedback, much appreciated.

Very interested in trying out the J74... It seems that both of you are quite positive about the fabric. Am I right in understanding that it's much more durable than it looks, or is it the new XPAC foil?

Re the P23A's... I echo your sentiments for slip ons and boots, although the latter, as Xu pointed out, can be a little over the top. But then again, "over the top" is pretty much the P23A in a nutshell.

This is mine J74, worn twice with J47TS and this happened...

photo_2019-02-18_00-31-00.jpg