Westbrook

Acronym.

51 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

NG8 owners, what’s the width of the neck when laid flat, as well as the height of the gaiter?

width = 27 cm

height = 27 cm

And I love it. It is awesome for the Winter, especially on the bike.

Edited by Holger

13 hours ago, Holger said:

width = 27 cm

height = 27 cm

And I love it. It is awesome for the Winter, especially on the bike.

Fantastic, thank you!

have a range of pants (stotz, dryskin, ch microtwill), and one blanket question for these materials...
i like keeping my pants clean so i wash (!!!) them once every few months. DS seems to keep repellency fairly decently, but CH and S do not. 
is there a way of "reactivating" the water repellence of these materials? does DWR spray work on these fabrics the same way it works no goretex?
so many questions, so little time actually spent walking in the rain in my expensive pants

1 hour ago, moneytalks said:

have a range of pants (stotz, dryskin, ch microtwill), and one blanket question for these materials...
i like keeping my pants clean so i wash (!!!) them once every few months. DS seems to keep repellency fairly decently, but CH and S do not. 
is there a way of "reactivating" the water repellence of these materials? does DWR spray work on these fabrics the same way it works no goretex?
so many questions, so little time actually spent walking in the rain in my expensive pants

Guys from Stotz said that you could use the Nikwax spray for cottons.

For CH pants, it seems that we have not talked about it before.

Edited by rogerhuangxj

7 hours ago, rogerhuangxj said:

Guys from Stotz said that you could use the Nikwax spray for cottons.

For CH pants, it seems that we have not talked about it before.

Would only the spray work, not wash in dwr?

11 minutes ago, shifty said:

I can’t say about that. Since they recommend only spray, I would not use wash in products to try my luck. 

Edited by rogerhuangxj

18 minutes ago, shifty said:

Spray seems to work better than the wash in, at least in my experience. Better application I’d assume. 

Very specific item combination, but the NG9 zips in to the ACG deploy jacket from this season. Very nice surprise!

2 hours ago, jukes said:

Very specific item combination, but the NG9 zips in to the ACG deploy jacket from this season. Very nice surprise!

Pretty sure same aux zips are used so past acg liners would work with shells vice versa

Speaking of which, I use the Grangers 2 in 1 wash liquid for my GT pieces. But the result is not really good. The jacket doesn't bead water well after the drying.

1 hour ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Speaking of which, I use the Grangers 2 in 1 wash liquid for my GT pieces. But the result is not really good. The jacket doesn't bead water well after the drying.

Did you tumble dry after the wash?

Edited by rogerhuangxj

thanks for the replies

as for the post above about grangers 2 in 1, you have to tumble dry your jacket. if you're afraid of throwing it in a hot dryer, you can do what i do and give it a good once over with a hair dryer. you'll feel like a dumbass, but hey, no one's watching lol

The recommendation was always to avoid the 2-in-1 from memory (I forget where that recommendation came from though!). I use the regular grangers wash then the grangers xtreme repel spray (think this has been discontinued but there is an equivalent now) on GT/WS etc and the results are always bulletproof. I also use the net bags in the tumble dryer to help protect the material.

I had previously always hand-washed Stotz EtaProof in a bath of nikwax but risked a machine wash in grangers the other day, after hearing horror stories, and the item came out absolutely fine. First few times a warm iron brings back the repellency (pretty sure this is all on the labels) then you can use the nikwax spray as previously mentioned.

seems like a decent time to post this since everyone is talking. I also just recently cleaned all my GT with home gentle detergent and had zero issues...fyi.

Washed and dried my j1a-gt about a month ago with these two Grangers products. Washed the jacket with warm setting. Sprayed it down with DWR after. Then tumble dry on warm for like 30 minutes and it'll come out nicely. Thanks should go to @solographik

Also, the actual spray on the Grangers bottle is really bad so it might be a good idea to transfer the liquid into a different spray bottle.

Edited by mago_san_2d_god

7 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

seems like a decent time to post this since everyone is talking. I also just recently cleaned all my GT with home gentle detergent and had zero issues...fyi.

this is exactly the video I followed, I just throw the GT jacket into the dryer after a machine washing without spinning. 

But I used 2 in 1, probably I should try the specific spray to re-waterproof it. ;)

Edited by dreamboatjustsoul

2 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

this is exactly the video I followed, I just throw the GT jacket into the dryer after a machine washing without spinning. 

But I used 2 in 1, probably I should try the specific spray to re-waterproof it. ;)

Why would you not spin lol. Did you let the gtx jacket fully dry in the dryer? And from the look of the pictures your jacket is fine, your jacket's face fabric is still subjected to water after awhile and will inevitably be wet. As long as the water doesn't penetrate through the gtx membrane your jacket hasn't been compromised 

Yeah but if that’s a GT J28 those pockets look totally like they wetted-out whereas a decent reproofing should have it beading (?) All my GT jackets the water just rolls off after even the heaviest of rain pretty much like new.

2 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Damn, we're still having the how to wash technical clothing discussion?!

yep, (((ahem))) it's on the spin cycle! 

Rinse and repeat...

7 hours ago, thatslapz said:

Machine wash, hot water with fabric softener and bleach.  Double rinse.  Tumble dry high.

No rinse*

On 12/20/2018 at 3:07 PM, Toilettebun said:

And from the look of the pictures your jacket is fine, your jacket's face fabric is still subjected to water after awhile and will inevitably be wet. As long as the water doesn't penetrate through the gtx membrane your jacket hasn't been compromised 

Your comment is riddled with misinformation.

If the GoreTex wets out, which it looks like it is, then its no longer breathable- not quite fine. Completely avoidable with proper application of DWR coating.

Also if the GoreTex is still physically intact, then water will never penetrate. GoreTex membrane doesnt just lose waterproofness. Unless the jacket has rips or is falling apart at the seams it will stay waterproof. 

5 hours ago, overeasy said:

Your comment is riddled with misinformation.

If the GoreTex wets out, which it looks like it is, then its no longer breathable- not quite fine. Completely avoidable with proper application of DWR coating.

Also if the GoreTex is still physically intact, then water will never penetrate. GoreTex membrane doesnt just lose waterproofness. Unless the jacket has rips or is falling apart at the seams it will stay waterproof. 

Never mentioned that goretex membrane loses waterproofness only mentioned if the membrane starts to delaminate or contaminate from all the body oils and dirt will it start to lose much of its breathability and leaking. I've mentioned that if it's fine if the goretex wet out cause it's still effectively waterproof and it is unavoidable in heavy rain while his jacket is completely wet out due to improper washing procedure, the goretex itself is still waterproof. DWR coating is a first line of defense

Edited by Toilettebun

Errolson's really stepping up his product video reels.  Next one is a full on movie.  Statham in J73-WS + P10A and The Rock in P24A.

IMtevnf.jpg

25 minutes ago, piece keeper said:

Errolson's really stepping up his product video reels.  Next one is a full on movie.  Statham in J73-WS + P10A and The Rock in P24A.

Hide contents

IMtevnf.jpg

Now we know where the price hike money is going.